PDA

View Full Version : (Settlers IV) Constant De-sync in Settlers IV online

EagleEye8121987
11-17-2018, 12:03 AM
Tried with much hope to play some on-line SIV games with friends this evening, but unfortunately we ran into the old, very known issue of desyncs after 10-15 minutes...

Were no improvements made on the netcode?

The best workaround we found was to constantly save every few minutes and then restore from the not-desynced versions. Very disappointed after waiting so long...

https://i.imgur.com/9Ug26HC.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7pmUtY1.jpg

Nickman1987
11-17-2018, 12:19 AM
Same thing here... what is going on Ubisoft? 17 years and still no improvements?

GreEyz
11-18-2018, 11:08 AM
I have the same problem. And save>load doesn't help. Is there any way to fix this?

Hollowsmith
11-19-2018, 09:00 PM
Hi,

Ubisoft please fix this Settlers IV History Edition multiplayer Desync bug.
I waiting this settlers IV history edition very much and want to play this my friends, but i'm not wanna buy it if this Desync problem not fixed.
Settlers IV is good multiplayer game if this thing fixed.

Ubi-Barbalatu
11-20-2018, 09:11 AM
Hi,

We will look into it .

Thanks,
Barbalatu

gejomiot
11-20-2018, 09:48 PM
Funny thing. I could play S4 on windows 10 without history edition(using DXGL). Personly I thought this(desynch) is the only thing/bug which needed to be fixed in this game / edition to make it perfect and never-stop-playing. I'll wait to see how things go. Without fix there no point for me to buy this 'new edition'.

gejomiot
11-20-2018, 10:17 PM
I can only give a few points I learned dealing/playing with desynch.
->The map Islands(4 players) should be fine I do not remember myself having any desynch there. Didnt find any other map to play without desynch.
->On other maps, the more players the more often desynch happens.
When You see an error message in the game you are actually done and nothing will help you to bring back 'health status'. I would not consider frequent saving as a 'solution' for desynch. I believe that desynch problem raises polynomially. The latter you save from internal code bug the more often you have to save game. There have been cases that we saved game every 5 minutes and loaded and desych still occured....

Nickman1987
11-21-2018, 03:30 PM
While playing we made regular save files and so happened we made a save RIGHT before a desync occured, like less than a minute.
After restarting all our games and loading the save again, we managed to finish the game without any desyncs.

So doesn't seem like a strict bug, more of a network timeout that randomly occurs or a very specific action that fails to sync which we didn't do the second run/..

UbiChrisMANG
11-21-2018, 07:30 PM
Hi everyone! There is a new status update here that says the desynch issue still being looked into, feel free to check out the thread for additional information on the History Edition as well: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1958134-TSHC-Status-Update

kareltje1980
11-25-2018, 01:15 AM
Damn.

I bought the new settlers serie and expect a normal multiplayer game. Still the f*cking out of sync bug. Why is this happening is a new released version? This was the very very anoying bug in the last 15 years. Why can't ubisoft fix this bug in the new edition?

I played with a friend 2 against AI. And after 30 minutes orso the out of sync bug... Waste of my time this evening. So bad.

Totally unhappy! Thinking about a refund :(

Sil3ntspy
11-26-2018, 01:20 PM
Could not agree anymore.

Hopefully this get fixed eventually. Settlers 4 is almost not worth it except for singleplayer.

dominator88x
11-26-2018, 10:43 PM
I absolutely don't understand why you didn't fix one of the most annoying bugs in Settlers 4 and now sell it again for money!! The multiplayer is more or less useless with the DESYNC bug and I hoped so much that you fixed it with the new version... Me and my friend are very disappointed.

But to help you with the solution, a guy in this forum solved the problem in the "old" Settlers 4. Maybe it helps you guys to fix it faster ;)

http://siedler-zentrale.de/cb3/topic.php?t=2627&page=last#last_post

Thanks for solving this issue.

ZagrajnikTV
12-02-2018, 12:11 AM
Guyz, I beg you to fix this problem. That's why we bought history collection :(

Nickman1987
12-24-2018, 12:01 AM
The Desyncs have been greatly reduced but unfortunately have not been fixed completely :(.
We've played two 4 (human) vs 4 CPU matches and both desynced after about an hour or so.
If someone leaves after the desync happens, a fatal crash appears:
https://snag.gy/5OCohU.jpg

I would love to give you some more information but I don't think there are any crashlogs?

ThundercvntLord
05-09-2019, 06:43 PM
Getting the same desync error

glory1988
07-12-2019, 09:00 AM
bump, any news on this?

CookieButton
07-14-2019, 07:50 PM
Nope.

glory1988
07-21-2019, 05:28 PM
Man, was really willing to give ubisoft my money, but if they cant fix the only major flaw with Settlers 3/4 im not going to bother.

iLEZ.iLEZ
12-30-2019, 10:54 AM
We are getting the desync bug as well. I'm very sad. Me and my wife just bought this game and the first game we play it desyncs after a while. It's a shame that a game is sold as playable in 2019, advertised as updated for modern systems, and nothing has been done to fix an ancient bug that makes the game unplayable in multiplayer. Please Ubisoft, get back to us!