PDA

View Full Version : Guild Management 'MetaGame' in AC3

VSorceress
11-19-2011, 08:36 AM
I just wanted to say that I've been thoroughly enjoying the assassin recruitment and metagame that UBI has installed since brotherhood. I've been on Sequence 4 for the past several days becuase I've been spending most of my time in the metagame.

Its much more robust with being able to permenantly install assassin's in other counteries and giving you an opprotunity to expand your guild outside of sending the same people off somewhere.

I've had a few friends who are playing this game not even realize that you can do that. So in case you have overlooked it, every city has a 'Manage Assassin' option before you go into the list of assignments you can choose for your recruits. From there you may have only 2 slots but within each of the lists, you can expand it by one more and max it out to 3 slots per city.

I've been constantly recruiting assassins and sending them to those cities to upgrade themselves. Its the only fault I do have with it is that if you want to take them back out of the city you can't take everyone out, one must remain (unless you swap with another assassin within your slots. So in essence, you can have 39 recruited assassins in the Mediterranean Defense on top of the 12 you have local.

One of the things I do wish that would have done, is allow for you to send the recruits you have installed in the countries to go on the assignments instead of only pulling from the local 12 you have in your slots. Why am I sending my man who is here with me when I have a dude already installed at that base? I hope they expand on that option when AC3 comes out. [update: you CAN use city assassins!]

I'm also truly enjoying the Master Assassin missions that they have added to the game. I feel more personal with the recruits becuase its no longer just a name but they are interacting with you. Its also nice to walk around and they greet you, whereas in Brotherhood they just acted like you were invisisbile (Respect me fools!)

Well sorry for the long post, but let me know how everyone else feels about the improved metagame. I personally wish that there was an external game that was like this to play outside of the main one.

VSorceress
11-19-2011, 08:36 AM
I just wanted to say that I've been thoroughly enjoying the assassin recruitment and metagame that UBI has installed since brotherhood. I've been on Sequence 4 for the past several days becuase I've been spending most of my time in the metagame.

Its much more robust with being able to permenantly install assassin's in other counteries and giving you an opprotunity to expand your guild outside of sending the same people off somewhere.

I've had a few friends who are playing this game not even realize that you can do that. So in case you have overlooked it, every city has a 'Manage Assassin' option before you go into the list of assignments you can choose for your recruits. From there you may have only 2 slots but within each of the lists, you can expand it by one more and max it out to 3 slots per city.

I've been constantly recruiting assassins and sending them to those cities to upgrade themselves. Its the only fault I do have with it is that if you want to take them back out of the city you can't take everyone out, one must remain (unless you swap with another assassin within your slots. So in essence, you can have 39 recruited assassins in the Mediterranean Defense on top of the 12 you have local.

One of the things I do wish that would have done, is allow for you to send the recruits you have installed in the countries to go on the assignments instead of only pulling from the local 12 you have in your slots. Why am I sending my man who is here with me when I have a dude already installed at that base? I hope they expand on that option when AC3 comes out. [update: you CAN use city assassins!]

I'm also truly enjoying the Master Assassin missions that they have added to the game. I feel more personal with the recruits becuase its no longer just a name but they are interacting with you. Its also nice to walk around and they greet you, whereas in Brotherhood they just acted like you were invisisbile (Respect me fools!)

Well sorry for the long post, but let me know how everyone else feels about the improved metagame. I personally wish that there was an external game that was like this to play outside of the main one.

LightRey
11-19-2011, 08:43 AM
Actually. Each city in the mediterranean defense can hold up to 5 assassins when fully upgraded, which allows you to have a total of 77 recruits (and with Rhodes unlocked 82).

VSorceress
11-19-2011, 08:52 AM
SWEET! something I actually didnt know since i'm still working on it. Thanks for the info!

LightRey
11-19-2011, 08:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VSorceress:
SWEET! something I actually didnt know since i'm still working on it. Thanks for the info! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hehe, no problem. It's quite fun to play. I'm going to attempt to get every city at 100% at the same time and I'm going to play MP to unlock Rhodes sometime soon.

VSorceress
11-19-2011, 09:10 AM
Actually I need to make a correction: you CAN use the City assassin's to send out on quests. I just found that out right now. I'M SO HAPPY!!!

iN3krO
11-19-2011, 09:12 AM
To say the truth, i expect Ac3 to be a true sequel of Ac2 and not a sequel of AcR.

Maybe we should have, with Ac3, a new assassin that still is learning like we got ezio in ac2 instead of a mentor like what we got in acB/R.

This would mean, no recruits. or you would not lead them, maybe you still recruit but u do not give them any mission, maybe ur mentor sends recruits to work in some missions to you (this would make a window for co-op).

There would be no thing like mediterrain battle (or you would be one of those recruits who are send to one of those battles).

There would be no killstreaks (or they would appear in late game).

And then have weapons according the era but always keeping the hidden blade as one of the weapons.

VSorceress
11-19-2011, 09:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
To say the truth, i expect Ac3 to be a true sequel of Ac2 and not a sequel of AcR.

Maybe we should have, with Ac3, a new assassin that still is learning like we got ezio in ac2 instead of a mentor like what we got in acB/R.

This would mean, no recruits. or you would not lead them, maybe you still recruit but u do not give them any mission, maybe ur mentor sends recruits to work in some missions to you (this would make a window for co-op).

There would be no thing like mediterrain battle (or you would be one of those recruits who are send to one of those battles).

There would be no killstreaks (or they would appear in late game).

And then have weapons according the era but always keeping the hidden blade as one of the weapons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you can still manage a guild if you have the right plotting in the new AC(new character).

For example, the new character could be born into the Creed like Altair was, but have his or her father in the begining of the game teach them how to manage a guild by actually being a Den Master Assassin and work your way up to a position underneath the parent (or mentor)... something happens to the old man (or woman) and he or she takes over the guild from there.

It would be a storyline that I would be interested to see happen