PDA

View Full Version : The Wonders of Space [SPOILERS]

angebarry
11-16-2018, 12:34 PM
While I was hunting Wolf in the Switch Version I stumbled across one of those Wonder pyramid icons out in space. Going to investigate it was a large Warden(?) space cruiser's remains from a previous era. There was a note that there might be something interesting inside, so I explored for a while, was harried by some outlaws and some sort of base with mines and turrets in the area. I found a second such site close by too, but never figured out how to open one or if there are any related stories or interesting mods or discoveries to be found there.

Can anybody tell me how to get into those, or what there significance is? Are there even good loot or story elements to be found there?
They seem quite different from the land based Wonders I have found on each planet so far.

Raven42nd
11-18-2018, 09:42 PM
I found 3 of the 4 space wonders. The Astromine in located between the planets of Sonatus and Haven near the Interstellar Freighter and the Outlaw Hideout. The Derelict of War is east of Necrom by the Outlaw Hideout. Remains of Lumia Southeast of the Equinox by the Interstellar Freighter. I can't find the final one for the life of me, I've been looking for two weeks.

angebarry
11-19-2018, 01:15 AM
I found 2 Derelict of War locations. Both are east of Necrom fairly close to each other. I haven't seen those other two yet, thanks for the heads up!

Do you know what to do at any of these?

angebarry
11-19-2018, 09:53 PM
Wow! The remains of Lumia are really neat!
I'm going to need to explore the exterior sometime and look for evidence of Warden activity. I have a physics background and that is the only thing I can think of to explain the structure of those remains. (It also helps to partially explain the vast amount of asteroids in the system.) Sadly the only thing I can find to do there is an endless battle with squads of outlaw ships. (Same with the other space Wonders.)

On a side note I have hit a snag with the 7 main wonders and their relics on Club Ubisoft. I have collected all 7, and it shows that each has been found individually and gave me the points, but doesn't register the challenge for collecting all 7 as being complete! Maybe it was thrown off by my waiting until after beating the main story (defeating Grax) to go back and find the last one that I had initially missed. (I also can't figure out which of the elemental combo attacks I'm missing still after weeks of trying to pick up the Elementalist challenge badge.)

Auld_Jack
04-08-2019, 12:28 AM
Okay, so it's been almost five months since this thread. But in case someone stumbles across it... [This information is for the Christmas update, and based on the Switch version. I don't know if there are any changes coming in the April update that will affect this.]

There are four of those "wonders" of Space. You find them by traveling around in space. If you see something big and odd, it might be a wonder. Wonders are marked by winking orange lights, rather like the winking white and green lights that mark wreckage and abandoned cargo. You can see those orange lights from quite some distance off, if they're not blocked by asteroids or something.

What to do with a wonder: first, get close enough to it that it's identified and added to your database. Then find and open the Electrum Rush Cache. Done.

The wonders are fairly large, and finding the cache can be a challenge. I suggest starting by using the minimap, looking for the little square box that indicates a cache or loot box. There will be an area that from a distance looks sparkly. Up closer, you'll see that it's made up of dozens of those shootable boxes that contain a small amount of electrum or maybe a low-rank mod. The cache will be mixed in with those boxes, and it's marked with an orange light beam coming out of it.

Hints for finding the wonders: Three of the wonders are in the general area of the right-hand side of the starmap, not too far off from direct flight paths between neighboring planets. The fourth is more centrally located and more likely to be found when you're traveling to or from a Dreadnought battle. [Switch players: don't mistake the StarFox campaign site for a wonder. It's quite striking, but there's no orange light and it doesn't get added to your database.]

Hint for dealing with the constant harassment by outlaws: wipe out an outlaw hideout (in space). If you're lucky, you'll get an Outlaw Armor mod. If not, you may need to take out another hideout to try to get one. That Armor will make outlaws not attack you unless you attack them first, although they'll still throw up hyperspace traps and will still show up and taunt you. Sometimes they'll get into amusing battles with Legion Drakes since they can't attack you. Side note: you may find it impossible to take out outlaw turrets on the ground if you've got that armor fitted, because the turrets won't shoot at you.

Auld_Jack
04-08-2019, 12:55 AM
Memory failure on where the wonders of space are. Sorry about that.

Two are near the direct flight lanes between planets on the right side of the starmap, one is near the direct flight lane between two planets in the Trade Sector, and one is vaguely in the vicinity of where the Equinox eventually parks.

Auld_Jack
04-10-2019, 12:40 AM
I didn't think to mention that the Outlaw Armor mod can only be fitted to an Outlaw ship, which at the moment means the Nadir. Not everyone has that ship. Oops.