PDA

View Full Version : G29 no center force

jiahao1889
11-12-2018, 06:56 AM
Driving in game doesn't have center force for g29, but feeling very heavy when i try to turn the wheel to center, it's very odd, just like the force is inverted. i've tried rebuilt database, and i don't have connectivity issues, i can see other players in game. i'm using the precise setting for wheel, please help

ubi--unicorn
11-12-2018, 06:35 PM
Hey jiahao1889, thanks for your report. Is it like this with all settings?

jiahao1889
11-13-2018, 06:41 AM
Yes, with default and precise wheel setting all have this issue

jiahao1889
11-16-2018, 05:42 PM
any update?

Ubi-Cupcake
11-20-2018, 09:17 PM
Hey jiahao1889,

We have forwarded your G29 report to The Crew team to look into. Apologies for any inconvenience.

zeroasdf
11-26-2018, 09:31 AM
me too...fanatec csl ps4

UbiMorning
11-28-2018, 11:26 PM
Hey guys! Do you happen to have any videos detailing this issue?

GodOfTheCrew
11-29-2018, 01:54 AM
I'll post a video later on tonight. Force feedback is inverted for me as well with the G29. FFB is inverted on all control default presets, custom settings, and changing FFB strength doesn't fix it either.

Just bought it too, updated it right away before playing it for the first time. Didn't want an old profile save to be an issue or anything.

Using Comcast Business class, connected straight into the cable modem, no firewall. NAT type 1, all ports open, no security whatsoever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5gTxfdLm98 -- Cheers!

UbiMorning
12-13-2018, 07:22 PM
Hey guys! If any of you are still having this issue, please note the TC2 is currently collecting information. If you could, please respond to this thread with the answers for these questions:

• Are you using official software for the driving wheel?
• Which specific drivers are you using?
• What version of the drivers are being used?
• What is your NAT type?

Thanks!

GodOfTheCrew
12-14-2018, 01:33 AM
• Are you using official software for the driving wheel?
This is PS4.

• Which specific drivers are you using?
This is PS4.

o What version of the drivers are being used?
This is PS4.

• What is your NAT type?
Type 1. No firewall, connected straight into a cable modem, no router, iptables, etc. Linux+network genius here, the problem is not on my end. Cheers!

UbiMorning
12-14-2018, 06:23 PM
Thanks again!

BKBRAZILIANKID
03-08-2019, 02:01 AM
The force feedback seems to be inverted which is a huge pest to me since I come from other racing games and their force feedback settings are perfect (hinting towards Gran Turismo Sport). Also the steering is very loose and barely reacts to my movements and turns. The reaction is very slow especially turning all the way to one side then to the other. If possible, please revisit your guys' force feedback settings and steering settings. In conclusion I love the Crew 2 and i just want to maximize both mine and many others peoples experiences.

UbiMorning
03-09-2019, 11:49 PM
Thank you for your input! Please note the TC2 team are still investigating this issue. Please reply to the questions asked in this post (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1977312-Experiencing-issues-with-your-wheel-Share-your-experiences-here!). Thank you!

GodOfTheCrew
03-17-2019, 12:32 AM
Thank you for your input! Please note the TC2 team are still investigating this issue. Please reply to the questions asked in this post (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1977312-Experiencing-issues-with-your-wheel-Share-your-experiences-here!). Thank you!
And you'll be saying this until hell freezes over.

Dan1Martinez
03-26-2019, 01:30 PM
This still has no solution? one of the reasons why I bought my g29 is to play the crew 2 and with the force feedback inverted it is impossible to play ..

Solowing_96
04-01-2019, 04:57 AM
Is there any updates on this issue? i have rebuild the database and still error. on the steering wheel compatible list the crew 2 is compatible with g29. but why this is happen?

UbiMorning
04-04-2019, 06:39 PM
Hi Solowing_96. The TC2 team are still looking into this issue. Have you filled this out yet (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1977312-Experiencing-issues-with-your-wheel-Share-your-experiences-here!)?

GodOfTheCrew
04-25-2019, 06:57 PM
FFB is closer, all the road, collision, suspension/vehicle effects are finally in. All they need to do now is fix the direction and we're all good! I LOVE THE 1.08 UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!! ONE STEP CLOSER TO A WORKING GAME!!!!!

Ubi-Orion
04-26-2019, 04:25 AM
FFB is closer, all the road, collision, suspension/vehicle effects are finally in. All they need to do now is fix the direction and we're all good! I LOVE THE 1.08 UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!! ONE STEP CLOSER TO A WORKING GAME!!!!!

Thanks for the kind words, glad you're digging the update! :D

Solowing_96
05-06-2019, 05:50 AM
Any update on G29 no center force? It still not working on last update. Thank You

MafEmEf87
08-14-2019, 11:14 PM
Is this even the place to report issues we have like for real? I've just bought The Crew 2 (for PS4) and immediately got to the steering wheel - no centre position problem. First I thought my wheel (G29) just broke. Here I see it's just the way it is and not just for G29. Other wheels' users seem to have the very same issue. Others probably just accept it, and learn how to play that way, but I just don't think that's the way to go, is it? How come it came out that way?

Let me put it straight, maybe it wasn't stated clearly enough:
Whenever the wheel is turned and you start driving, even quite slowly, naturally it should get back to its center position. Doesn't really happen in this game, which gives you that extremely vague feel. More like you where steering a ship. Feels just odd.

What's interesting, it starts working somehow close to correct, whenever you go way over 100km/h. About 200km/h works almost fine.

Like I said, I've just bought the game (today). Was it that way from the beginning or does it mean someone's fixing it? (Just slow steps).

P.S.
I'm no hater. I really like the game. I just don't wannna play it using my DS4. That's what I got the steering wheel for, in first place.

Shenlaw
08-15-2019, 08:25 PM
The force feedback is really crappy since launch on PS4. The centering force is inverted. Normally in any other racing games, when you turn to the left, the wheel turns to the right. In The Crew 2, when you turn to the left, the wheel turns also to the left. Disabling the force feedback is the only way to not have the annoying problem. It seems there will be no fix soon. The devs are silent since many weeks.

Ubi-Woofer
01-23-2020, 03:51 PM
Hello everyone,

I would like to ask whether you all continue to experience the same issues with steering in The Crew 2 at this time, as I do see that the last reply to this thread was in August 2019?

If issues do continue, and you have raised a support case (https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/Cases/New) with us to report these, can you please pass the reference numbers to me?

Furthermore, can you clarify any additional troubleshooting steps that you have attempted since the time(s) of your last post(s)?

Thank you.