PDA

View Full Version : Mouse and Keyboard Freezing Issue

Bloomm_
11-10-2018, 03:23 AM
Hello
I've recently upgraded to PC this August and bought rainbow after playing on console prior, ever sense I've installed R6s originally from Uplay I have been having this issue where I will say, press a direction key on my keyboard or press either the rmb or lmb and my in game character will freeze up and continue moving in the direction I last was moving. This will happen simultaneously with whether I was pressing lmb and firing or rmb and adsing. This will even after I depress the keys. I seemingly lose control of my character mid round. I have seen many people talking about similar issues and i've tried multiple of their suggestion without any success. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Ubi-Baron
11-10-2018, 11:30 AM
Hi Bloomm_,

I'm sorry to hear that's occurring.

Are you using the Discord Overlay? This can cause issues with control inputs, and it's worth disabling it if you haven't already.

What were the other steps you tried to resolve this?

Thank you

Bloomm_
11-10-2018, 05:32 PM
No I dont think im using the discord overlay. Other steps ive used were switching mice, updating bios, enabling and disabling raw mouse input within game, restarting rainbow. None have seemed to help though.

Ubi-Baron
11-11-2018, 11:21 AM
Thank you for getting back to us.

If you haven't already, please try a Clean Boot via the steps here (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows). Just to make sure that there's no third party program conflicting with the game at all.

Just to confirm, when this happens does the rest of the game continue as normal when this happens? For instance the rest of the game doesn't freeze it's just that one action?

Bloomm_
11-15-2018, 02:37 AM
Not to my knowledge no. The game continues to run normally I just seemingly loose control of my character

Bloomm_
11-15-2018, 03:02 AM
I've done the clean book and i've played a few terrorist hunts in rainbow and it's honestly seeming better. I haven't gotten any stutters as of yet but ill continue testing