PDA

View Full Version : Game Crashes From the Start

audiomind5
12-14-2006, 08:08 AM
Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to this forum but I was wondering if any of you guys could help me. I got the game installed everythign fine but when I go to launch the game, I get a crash error. You know the standards one in which it gives you the option to send error report and the debuging option. So I was so frustrated that I kept on clicking the icon and for some reason it started. But I can't get it to work consistently. But it'll work only sometimes. Bizzare. Can any of you guys help? Thanks

audiomind5
12-14-2006, 08:08 AM
Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to this forum but I was wondering if any of you guys could help me. I got the game installed everythign fine but when I go to launch the game, I get a crash error. You know the standards one in which it gives you the option to send error report and the debuging option. So I was so frustrated that I kept on clicking the icon and for some reason it started. But I can't get it to work consistently. But it'll work only sometimes. Bizzare. Can any of you guys help? Thanks

billyzane1_227
12-14-2006, 08:30 AM
Yes, I am having the same problem.

I can play single player just fine and love it!

When I go to Multiplayer after clicking search for matches it crashes to desktop every time.

audiomind5
12-14-2006, 08:39 AM
At least you can play single player. I can't even play the bloody game.

Cpt.moffe
12-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Same problem here, cant start the bloody game at all, the 1.01 patch doesn't help either.

Why am I not surprised about this, damn UBI <span class="ev_code_RED">[EDIT]</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">Do not try and pass the forum language filter!</span>

JanderMoonstar
12-14-2006, 11:44 AM
Post your specs so people here can help you out for the crashing on start.

Cpt.moffe : Do you have a Shader Model 3.0 card??

billyzane1_227 : The search crash workaround was explained by KungFu a few times. (look around)

pyrox420
12-14-2006, 12:21 PM
I have the same issue. I'm running an AMD 3500 64bit CPU with Windows XP 64bit. I have a Geforce 6600GT, 1gb of ram. I have a dfi lanparty NF4 SLI-DR motherboard and i'm using the onboard audio.

Thoughts?

audiomind5
12-14-2006, 02:20 PM
FYI

Specs are

e6600
8800gtx
nforce680i
x-fi fatality
2gb ram

UK_xX_DAN_Xx
12-14-2006, 03:17 PM
i get same can play single but not multi crashes to desktop when i click search
specs
AMD 3800+ DuelCore
2Gb RAM
7900 GT/GTO
dunno what mothereboard

pyrox420
12-14-2006, 04:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UK_xX_DAN_Xx:
i get same can play single but not multi crashes to desktop when i click search
specs
AMD 3800+ DuelCore
2Gb RAM
7900 GT/GTO
dunno what mothereboard </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That issue has been talked extensively on the boards. This issue is for people who's games crash at startup. I don't even get into the game.

pit_master
12-14-2006, 04:30 PM
im haveing the same problem single player rocks but when i try and play online i just get booted to windows.

comp
3.5 ghz pD
1gig ram
7900gt envida

rattus_acerbus
12-14-2006, 06:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by audiomind5:
Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to this forum but I was wondering if any of you guys could help me. I got the game installed everythign fine but when I go to launch the game, I get a crash error. You know the standards one in which it gives you the option to send error report and the debuging option. So I was so frustrated that I kept on clicking the icon and for some reason it started. But I can't get it to work consistently. But it'll work only sometimes. Bizzare. Can any of you guys help? Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same issue here....sometimes it starts, but most of the time it doesn't. Even deinstalled Alcohol and Daemon Tools, still no luck.

Specs : Dell Dimension XPS Gen 4 , P4 3.6 dual core, 2 GB RAM, Audigy 2 ZS, Nvidia 7950GT (512RAM), SATA AHCI Controller + Ultra ATA storage controller, no RAID, NEC DVD burner, standard DVD reader. No AV software or other utilities running in the background.

Itchmeister
12-15-2006, 05:22 PM
@audiomind5:

Look in your processes running in the background and ensure you don't already have an instance of the R6Vegas_Game.exe running.

Also, were you able to patch to 1.01 successfully by going through the patcher?

Another thing you could try is try to launch R6Vegas_Game.exe in the Binaries folder directly by double-clicking on it.

If all fails, send a DXDIAG to Ubisoft support.

audiomind5
12-16-2006, 10:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Itchmeister:
@audiomind5:

Look in your processes running in the background and ensure you don't already have an instance of the R6Vegas_Game.exe running.

Also, were you able to patch to 1.01 successfully by going through the patcher?

Another thing you could try is try to launch R6Vegas_Game.exe in the Binaries folder directly by double-clicking on it.

If all fails, send a DXDIAG to Ubisoft support. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks for the helpe but yup I tried all of the above. still no luck don't know what's goin on here.

DELZ.QC
12-17-2006, 07:10 AM
I have the same problem, but it works well before i installed the patch.

Maddpyro
12-18-2006, 03:08 PM
I have an interesting situation going on. I got the game the day it came out, played it a lot since (both SP and MP worked fine) and now for whatever reason I can't even start the game up. I don't even get an error message. I tried reinstalling twice with and without the patch and it didn't help.

rattus_acerbus
12-18-2006, 03:44 PM
@Audiomind5.....I had exactly the same issue, getting the standard crash error. I managed to fix it however last night. Do you have a personal firewall running ? In my case, I noticed a ton of errors in my Event Viewer all referring to wl_hook.dll which is a component of my firewall (Agnitum Outpost) that gets loaded when windows boots. Renaming this file and rebooting prior to gaming solved the problem completely.

It may not be the same issue with you, but check your Event Viewer to see what module/app is faulting.....that will help you further.

NaRc.op
12-18-2006, 04:03 PM
I was crashing within the first minute of launching it until I updated my drivers.