PDA

View Full Version : Are weekly arcade is broken?

Star.Princess
11-06-2018, 01:26 AM
I have completed weekly arcade for 8 times, first 2 for Warden just for experiment, I got only 1 animation for execution at the first time, but it's ok, chance not 100%. Now I have completed it 6 times for Kensei and get no animations too, 7 empty arcades in a row, is it a normal or I just very lucky? How many times I must complete it to get all 3 animations for full set?

Velentix
11-06-2018, 04:34 AM
for how much time you have to spend before the god of flukes smiles upon you, this mode is definitely not worth the hassle. I get wanting the effect, but only getting 1/3 guaranteed is total bs. if they want to make people want to do this mode then they need a guaranteed effect on every completion starting with the character you beat it with, then all other characters you actually play, since gear score is so important for this mode, thereby disqualifying many heroes you might want the effect for.

Hammelsneid
11-06-2018, 07:12 PM
I did it yesterday the fifth time and now have 2/3 for my Zerker.. but it is really, really, really frustratig,because (at least for me) the third and the fourth chapter depend on so much more than skill (luck, positioning of the AI, luck, revenge trigger, luck, did I mention luck yet? I would not mind the hassle that much, if every completion grants a 100% drop of the effect for a random hero, but to beat it over and over again without an drop is just plain frustrating and diasappointing.

OoKaMi_79
11-07-2018, 12:32 AM
I think exclusive arcade stuff should be available in random missions too (with a way lower chance than weekly quest, but available). We spent money in this expansion. When they when showing trailers of arcade mode they promise that stuff, they didn’t say anything of having to beat an insane weekly quest in order to get them. I think this because maybe I can defeat the Mode with my mains but it will be impossible to do it with other chars....and not only one but several times to collect the full set of effects.

Just let that any random mission (maybe from purple to emerald) to have a small chance to get any exclusive element. Of course leaving higher chance to weekly quest.

Because if not, people is only going to play weekly quest, there will be no incentive to do the random ones.

chukblok
11-07-2018, 03:39 AM
I think exclusive arcade stuff should be available in random missions too (with a way lower chance than weekly quest, but available). We spent money in this expansion. When they when showing trailers of arcade mode they promise that stuff, they didn’t say anything of having to beat an insane weekly quest in order to get them. I think this because maybe I can defeat the Mode with my mains but it will be impossible to do it with other chars....and not only one but several times to collect the full set of effects.

Just let that any random mission (maybe from purple to emerald) to have a small chance to get any exclusive element. Of course leaving higher chance to weekly quest.

Because if not, people is only going to play weekly quest, there will be no incentive to do the random ones.

This.
I gave up on arcade weekly quest. It almost made me quit entirely. Not what I thought I was spending $40 on. I play strictly breach now....which is free anyways.
The concept of arcade is good....but the difficulty is just crazy. And yes some unique things need to be offered on reg arcade missions.

k3rr3k
11-07-2018, 03:50 AM
We know the devs don't play or are garbage at this game. One of the two considering their horrible balance changes. It makes me wonder how they could see the arcade and think it's an okay product to pay for. If I had known it was going to be this much frustration I wouldn't have given these idiots any more money. The worst part is that you need to be rep 10 on any character you want to do the weekly on or it ain't happening. Others have already mentioned how it's not even skill just pure luck. Each weekly completion needs to give you the whole set, not just one piece. This isn't fun Ubisoft. Fix your ****ing game.

Hammelsneid
11-07-2018, 11:44 AM
This.
I gave up on arcade weekly quest. It almost made me quit entirely. Not what I thought I was spending $40 on. I play strictly breach now....which is free anyways.
The concept of arcade is good....but the difficulty is just crazy. And yes some unique things need to be offered on reg arcade missions.

For me it's the other way around. I gave up om the regular Arcade Quests, because the weekly is that time-consuming. I am able to beat it with one(!) hero, I have all 3 effects for my zerker and I had to do it 7 or 8 times to get that. I know that I am no pro or "good player", but it just seems dead wrong, that this "feature" is only doable with more than one hero by the upper 3% of pro-gamers. And still: I cannot imagine that even the best For Honor player is able to call the 4th chapter of the current weekly "easy and/or quick". It's just a major clusterf**k, hoping to get revenge very soon and then hopefully doing enough well distributed damage to get those oh-how-I-hate-them-since-this-weekly-quest-shamans down. I used the word hope very often, see?

Please Ubisoft, do something about that issue, it's still a game. i know you dont want to give cool effects away for free, but to crank the difficulty up this level, is just ridiculous. This game should be fun, this game should be skill-based, and sticking our own hand into a blender, hoping to get revenge quickly and breaking those blades with your temporary shield by trying to hit them evenly with your fingers has nothing to do with "skill".