PDA

View Full Version : What are the good HL full real servers?

BERNDT79
11-07-2004, 07:04 PM
Hi there,

Can someone please tell me some good hyperlobby full real, or close to full real servers? I flew in birds of prey and warbirds alot in AEP, but now that PF is out, i have not seem Birds of Prey anywhere. does anyone know if its still around? And WarbirdsPF is always really full, there any other servers? Or do i have HL setup wrong that its not showing me all the servers? thanks for your help everyone. I have truely learned so much information from everyone on this site! great thanks!

-matt

BERNDT79
11-07-2004, 07:04 PM
Hi there,

Can someone please tell me some good hyperlobby full real, or close to full real servers? I flew in birds of prey and warbirds alot in AEP, but now that PF is out, i have not seem Birds of Prey anywhere. does anyone know if its still around? And WarbirdsPF is always really full, there any other servers? Or do i have HL setup wrong that its not showing me all the servers? thanks for your help everyone. I have truely learned so much information from everyone on this site! great thanks!

-matt

Owlsphone
11-07-2004, 08:43 PM
Try VFC*HOST. CrazyIvan runs that one. I usually alternate between WarClouds and VFC.

BERNDT79
11-08-2004, 11:19 PM
thank you sir, any other suggestions? another question are these servers always on? Sometimes i hear people talk about some i never see on my screen. they only available certain times of day? thanks

-matt

RedDeth
11-08-2004, 11:48 PM
we were running a FR server for a bit but with warclouds running PF now theres not enough FR pilots to keep several FR servers running simultaneously.

there simply is not enough interest.

Osirisx9
11-09-2004, 03:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by _VR_C_Berndt:
Hi there,

-matt <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Birds Of Prey is still around but we are using our real name which is Warbirds Of Prey . We pulled our server off of HL for our own special reasons http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. We are looking for a certain clientel. I must add that the word is getting out about the server and we are getting more pilots every day and this is without using hyperlobby. There are other places to find servers BTW and Warbirds Of Prey has its own interface too we are just waiting for the PF and AEP Dedicated server to be released. However, you can find the server on the All Seeing Eye, just look for "Warbirds of Prey Pacific DF" server. If you dont have ASE just join our teamspeak and click on the link to Pacific fighters our teamspeak channel is 69.9.37.146. Look under topics and you will see the gameserver IP.If you do not have either of these services , just PM me and I wll be more that happy to give you the IP to the server. I know this is allot of work for some who like the ease of hyperlobby and are just looking for a quick fight but it also helps us (Warbirds of Prey )to keep out some of the less desirables.Before anyone tries to flame me , I'm not saying that everyone who flys on HL is and undesirable. Anyway, before another senseless debate starts about full real vs un full real, this also allows Warbirds of Prey to run externals in order for us to pack the aircraft in nice and tight on the the carrier without bumping into each other. The reason why we can fly with externals on is because we are flying with honorable pilots and we all know and trust that each other will behave and not use the F6 key to cheat. The pilots that fly on our servers would rather fly with 10 or twelve honorable pilots and have a good time without dealing with bullshale then to fly with a server full of nutts. We respect each other, we help out each other, and if the new guy comes in we dont make the guy feel like a jerk when ever he asks a simple question that the vets have the answer to already. When we had Warbirds_PF on HL a few days ago the server was full 24/7 and it just wasn't fun for allot of our regulars anymore . They wanted more from their experience than to just zip around in circles and worry about some moron TK them durring final approach to the carrier or watching some silly chat argument scroll across the screen when you they are on someones six. We care more about the quality of pilots than the quantity. The way we are running the server and the kind of clientel comming to the Warbirds of Prey server, out clientel is increasing daily. Our Icon settings are as close to full real as you can get and still be kind of realistic also. If you are honorable and want to learn or pass your own excellent skills onto the next ace, you are welcome to join Warbirds of Prey.

Salute all

RAF238thOsiris

CHDT
11-09-2004, 03:43 AM
Very rare are the servers without the GPS cheat and the speedbar http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

weasel75
11-09-2004, 04:29 AM
"Fallen Angels"
Scripted, but GPS and speedbar ON.
Speedbar is not a big issue (easy to turn off), but you cant turn off the airplane from the map, can you?
But since the scripted dogfight-missions are mostly over a relativ small and simple area (guadalcanal, 2 islands), GPS is not a show-killer. Navigation is mostly easy, enemy is to be find straight to the north or south http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

When full (28 pilots?!) it gets laggy, all pings jump up to 300-400, but with anything around 20 it is still running fine http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif