PDA

View Full Version : Any official news on the next Driver game?

KORTECK
07-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Hey guys, luvmygames (Atari forums) here. I haven't been keeping up with Driver for several months. Any official news on the next game after D76?

KORTECK
07-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Hey guys, luvmygames (Atari forums) here. I haven't been keeping up with Driver for several months. Any official news on the next game after D76?

InsaneDriver06
07-13-2007, 02:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KORTECK:
Hey guys, luvmygames (Atari forums) here. I haven't been keeping up with Driver for several months. Any official news on the next game after D76? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Korteck,

Hoping to hear something from this years E3 in CA going on this week, but nothing so far... Would've been great to at least hear an official announcement of the game for consoles.

Did find out the PS3 is now $499 for the 60 GB version, which is nice not even a year after it's release, but also shows the price was too high for most gamers to begin with. Sony forgot, it's a game system, not a computer.

Good move Sony, with the lower price, which definitely puts strain on XBOX 360 (which I own). Microsoft has put aside 1 Billion dollars for "Red Rings of Death" system failure repairs and shipment work of a good percentage of the consoles on the market well up to this year in terms of manufactured date.

Anyone planning on a 360: I'd wait for a 360 till you're sure the serial plate dates the console 7/2007 or later. Anything beneath, and there's a good chance you'll be sending it in for free repairs due to system failure (screen freezes, red rings appear, system doesn't play games without crashing).

KORTECK
07-14-2007, 04:40 AM
Thanks man. Good to see you again.
Yeah, the price was ridiculous, and even 499 is pretty steep.
Can't wait to get started on another year of hype, speculation, screenshots, heated debates, letdowns and surprises.
I wonder if I'll still be looking forward to driver games when I'm 40 lol.

InsaneDriver06
07-14-2007, 07:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KORTECK:
Thanks man. Good to see you again.
Yeah, the price was ridiculous, and even 499 is pretty steep.
Can't wait to get started on another year of hype, speculation, screenshots, heated debates, letdowns and surprises.
I wonder if I'll still be looking forward to driver games when I'm 40 lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If this next Driver kicks @ss, it's possible they'll continue the series years from now. So far, it's been on two generations (PS1, PS2), about 10 years, 5 per console (console life expectancy for new games).

As far as the PS3 for 499, Sony says they will phase the 60GB version out to make way for a 80GB version at a higher price. Just when I thought they were getting on the right track...

matt__jon
07-15-2007, 10:15 AM
Sony's lost it. I'm glad I didn't get a new console, I don't even like videogames anymore, although GTAIV does look pretty appealing.

I just can't stand sitting on a couch for hours on end watching tv or playing videogames, I've done just that for the past few years and I never liked it, but I couldn't think of anything else to do. See ya, have fun with the next Driver, I'm out. It was nice talking to you all, I'll probably stop by once in a while.

InsaneDriver06
07-15-2007, 02:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matt__jon:
Sony's lost it. I'm glad I didn't get a new console, I don't even like videogames anymore, although GTAIV does look pretty appealing.

I just can't stand sitting on a couch for hours on end watching tv or playing videogames, I've done just that for the past few years and I never liked it, but I couldn't think of anything else to do. See ya, have fun with the next Driver, I'm out. It was nice talking to you all, I'll probably stop by once in a while. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, too much time spent in front of a TV not learning anything can become destructive, but once in awhile is not bad. If the next Driver is good, realistic and includes film director, hopefully you'll check it out.

Later.

Assaultmachine1
07-20-2007, 01:45 PM
I haven't see any news on the next Driver game. Last year or two years ago, it was announced as a game for the PS3 at the Tokyo Game Show, but this year, neither E3 2007 nor the Tokyo Game Show said anything about the next Driver game. We'll just have to wait longer.

As for what Sony did, I don't know and don't care much at all because I'm thinking of soon finishing the 6th generation's many good games of renting them for GameFly and even on buying both the previous generations' consoles and games to know more about the past before actually making a move onto this generation and of buying the 360 and PS3. Therefore, it is not my concern now for what happen this generation. Also, I find it likely that I won't be seen around at this place much at all because of the many things that I want to do in helping shape up my future as well as for renting and buying the previous generations' consoles and games to know the entire Video Game Industry better than most of the people today.

Slayer_591
07-20-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm losing my interest in the Driver series.
Nothing is happening and I'm impatient.
And for now there's other games that have my interest. Like Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry and so forth.

InsaneDriver06
05-26-2008, 01:09 PM
DPL hit stores Spring 2006. It's now May 2008. Two years later and no official word on Driver 4, other than rumors. Ubisoft, make your announcement at the E3 expo this July please.

driver_madness
05-26-2008, 05:56 PM
remember driv3r was in development for 3 years, and that's five years if you include the work on the physics engine which was intergreated into the first stuntman.

Maybe they could make the next driver as big as driv3r was ment to be and achually succeed.

We also have to remember reflections has been working on Driver: 76 and PC, Wii versions of Driver: Parallel Lines and now there just about to release their next title Emergency Heros.

I really think they may not have started the game yet! They have been kept really busy with the unexpected announcement of Emergency Heros and it is possible those new employees Ubisoft Reflections hired where for Emergency Heros.

InsaneDriver06
05-27-2008, 07:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by driver_madness:
remember driv3r was in development for 3 years, and that's five years if you include the work on the physics engine which was intergreated into the first stuntman.

Maybe they could make the next driver as big as driv3r was ment to be and achually succeed.

We also have to remember reflections has been working on Driver: 76 and PC, Wii versions of Driver: Parallel Lines and now there just about to release their next title Emergency Heros.

I really think they may not have started the game yet! They have been kept really busy with the unexpected announcement of Emergency Heros and it is possible those new employees Ubisoft Reflections hired where for Emergency Heros. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reflections worked on DPL, but Driver 76 was developed (made) by Developer Sumo Digital with some input from Reflections. Ubisoft Barcelona did most of the work on Emergency Heroes from what I could research.

If Ubisoft doesn't at least announce the official title with the consoles that will release it at this year's E3, I'm not sure what's up.

smiler_16
05-27-2008, 07:26 AM
I'm hoping that they at least mention it tomorrow at ubidays

BTW, you can watch it at UPlay

Just take a look at their page to see if you can find what time it shows in your country (i dont know exactly the GMT around the whole world or else i would add it for you... - or just get the details by googling it!!.).

InsaneDriver06
05-27-2008, 08:24 PM
I agree, even a mention that the project even exists at this point in time would be a nice gesture to eager Driver fans.

driver_madness
05-27-2008, 10:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by InsaneDriver06:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by driver_madness:

I really think they may not have started the game yet! They have been kept really busy with the unexpected announcement of Emergency Heros and it is possible those new employees Ubisoft Reflections hired where for Emergency Heros. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reflections worked on DPL, but Driver 76 was developed (made) by Developer Sumo Digital with some input from Reflections. Ubisoft Barcelona did most of the work on Emergency Heroes from what I could research.

If Ubisoft doesn't at least announce the official title with the consoles that will release it at this year's E3, I'm not sure what's up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that I think about it your right to some extend. I don't think anyone really announced how much work each development company has implemented.

I'm achually thinking it won't be mentioned at Ubidays or E3. But lets hope it does http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif or lets hope ubisoft release some informaion on it soon!

At least a name and some concept screenshots.
That'll get more people back into the forums discussing what they think of the concepts reflections have come up with!

driver_madness
05-27-2008, 10:30 PM
Unfortuantly I'm unable to watch uPlay or anythink you stream online for two reasons.

My connection dosen't have enough bandwidth cause it's uber slow.

and I'll proably be stuck at school when it's achually happening.

Oh!, maybe not it's on a 3AM in the morning...
to bad the internet I use fails at existance most of the time.

smiler_16
05-28-2008, 04:09 AM
Unfortuantly I'm unable to watch uPlay or anythink you stream online for two reasons.

to bad the internet I use fails at existance most of the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure you'll be able to watch it back on youtube if there is anything exciting on there!

bornforhaze
05-28-2008, 05:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smiler_16:

to bad the internet I use fails at existance most of the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure you'll be able to watch it back on youtube if there is anything exciting on there! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>If your internet is uberslow just download the vid it will take longer to download butthen u can watch it without buffering.