PDA

View Full Version : I know I read this somewhere before....

SixAxe505
10-28-2018, 11:44 PM
Before I made an account to post, when I would ghost the forums, I read a post not too long ago about the spam of soccer and stuff. I didn't know what they were talking about until now. This is seriously a problem. The real issue is, I am at work and have a life etc, but I still regularly check the forums now and if I can see this, but the mods can't then that is a bad look on them and ubisoft. Even if they change usernames and you have to keep finding and banning them, you should be entirely more active about it. The threads should be deleted immediately upon seeing them and accounts instabanned. It is really quite frustrating. I don't know if mods get paid, but if it's a free to work type thing, I volunteer myself. Seriously, this is more than annoying.

Filthje_NL
10-28-2018, 11:56 PM
they dont care

SixAxe505
10-29-2018, 12:06 AM
they dont care

Have they said this? If so that is really disappointing...

Blitzwarrior771
10-29-2018, 01:11 AM
They care and they are doing everything possible . They also ask if u see it to report it so they can deal with it faster . Just because someone said they donít care it donít mean true . Check the archives .

Xil_h
10-29-2018, 05:05 AM
they dont care
They have to sleep too.
That's why these threats appear to certain times and dissappear to others.
They also said they are happy about any help.
So if you are such a smartbutt then you surely have a solution for these modern bots?!

ChampionRuby50g
10-29-2018, 05:50 AM
They have to sleep too.
That's why these threats appear to certain times and dissappear to others.
They also said they are happy about any help.
So if you are such a smartbutt then you surely have a solution for these modern bots?!

Ez.

It also shouldnít be the moderators job to delete spam threads.

Referencing one of the thousands of threads about spam in the past nearly two years, but one person commented saying how they work in IT and in their company itís their job to deal with all the spam they get. They also said itís a one person, 2 hour job to install software or write a code or do whatever to prevent spam been posted. In fact, I can do a quick google and list things that can be done to prevent spam, something Ubisoft clearly hasnít done.

1.Add Fields That Only Spam Bots Can See and Fill In
This method relies on either CSS or JavaScript or both to hide form fields from customers visiting the site legitimately, while displaying them to robots which only read the HTML. Then, any form submission that contains that form field being filled out can be considered spam (since a bot clearly submitted it) and deleted by your form action script.

It goes into more detail but itís not my job to tell Ubi how to fix this.

2. Use a CAPTCHA

3.Use a Tool Like Akismet to Scan and Delete Spam Submissions

4. Record Data From the Form Submissions Like IP Address and Use That to Block Spammers

I could go on. This 1 and half year old issue hasnít been solved and never will. So you can see there are plenty of solutions out there, but which one will Ubisoft take?

Edit: I know itís probably not as simple as that, and thereís more too it than we all know, but in the amount of time this forum has been active for Ubisoft to not have fixed this is bad. Has it gotten better? Debatable. It did for a bit, but now itís as bad as it ever was. The mods are human too and canít be blamed for all this.