PDA

View Full Version : Stick cleaning tutorial

codeseven7
09-08-2005, 06:55 PM
I need to clean/tune-up my old Logitech Wingman Strike Force 3D stick. Does anybody know where I can find a tutorial for doing so? Thanks

codeseven7
09-08-2005, 06:55 PM
I need to clean/tune-up my old Logitech Wingman Strike Force 3D stick. Does anybody know where I can find a tutorial for doing so? Thanks

Waldo.Pepper
09-08-2005, 10:29 PM
1. Take a broom - sweep it off your desk.

2. Now that desk is clean buy a new stick.

(P.S. sorry to be glib but really! Just buy a new one. You'll be glad you did.)

Oilburner_TAW
09-09-2005, 05:02 AM
I tried to clean my logitech but it just disintigrated once I took it apart. Cleaning really won't help it. If your like me and love the ergonomics, the best thing I can suggest is go buy a new one at best buy and pay the 7 or 8 dollars for the 3 yr replacement warranty then just exchange it when it wears out. It's been almost a year since i did this and I'm on stick #6. I'm looking for a new solution I like (CH, Saitek, etc..) but haven't found anything I am really comfortable with.

Zjoek
09-09-2005, 05:16 AM
I second Mr. Pepper's opinion. Have the same one. It's rubbish 8P. Got back to my old Sidewinder precision pro again (non ff), and it's MUCH better.

triggerhappyfin
09-09-2005, 06:11 AM
This ought to be a classic..lmao

In an other thread there were some other classic advise.....

Originally posted by AnaK774:
"On your machine the plane seems to perform quite poorly.
I think that there may be something nearby the machine that is causing this problem for you. You may need a mirror to find out what it is specifically."

It should be a sticky thread to save these kind of jewels.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

ashley2005
09-09-2005, 06:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:

(P.S. sorry to be glib but really! Just buy a new one. You'll be glad you did.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO classic ..its true though i used to use logitech and flew **** ..as soon as i went onto saitek X 52 my flying changed dramaticly

raisen
09-09-2005, 06:49 AM
I was once given three duff Logitech sticks to dismantle and try to build one working stick from the bunch. Not a chance .....

They seemed to have been designed to clip together rather than screw together in such a way as to prevent users dismantling the **** things without actually damaging the *POS* plastic collar that retains the stick/gimbal assembly. I think they were designed to be almost disposable.

Sorry old man.

Raisen

codeseven7
09-09-2005, 11:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This ought to be a classic..lmao

In an other thread there were some other classic advise.....

Originally posted by AnaK774:
"On your machine the plane seems to perform quite poorly.
I think that there may be something nearby the machine that is causing this problem for you. You may need a mirror to find out what it is specifically."

It should be a sticky thread to save these kind of jewels. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I gotta admit, that is funny **it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif man! But seriously, though this stick has given me 5 years of excellent performance (despite Logitechs stick reputation) you guys are right, I do need to **itcan this POS! CHProducts stick and pedals are my next stop. But I will miss the FF! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif (been following the 'FF or not' thread anyone?), which is why I almost decided on the excellent Saitek series instead.

raisen
09-09-2005, 04:33 PM
I don't personally recommend them for prop sims, but I do have Thrustmaster Cougar, which I reckon is generally excellent.
Not a moments trouble, a really fabulous stick. I have to say, for prop sims I generally use an old fashioned Saitek Cyborg 3d gold (old shape)..... I feel such a berk trying to fly a 109 with a Cougar, it just seems wrong.

Raisen

ytareh
09-11-2005, 03:59 AM
Am I the only person who likes the Log. X3dPro!?Ok so the first one did the wonky pot. thing but the Saitek Cyborg Evo Plat. I replaced it with was horrible in the hand-all that "adjustability" and still uncomfortable!So I got another Log. (all free replacements) and 6 months + later we're still going strong(Mind you I also got a wireless-would this be slower reacting?- equivalent at a bargain price just in case!)

raisen
09-11-2005, 06:11 PM
'sticks are like beer, we all have preferences. I found the Saitek odd to begin with, but I'm fairly pleased with it to be honest.

Raisen

partic_3
09-12-2005, 03:39 AM
I have a precision pro that I used for a year or so. I bought a Saitek Evo 'cause it had a twisty rudder (4.1... "you want me to use the rudder!!")and lots of buttons. It took me 2 months (!!) to reach the same standard of play with the new stick. I almost chucked before I got it set up sufficiently well to hit anything. It affected my play more than any other thing before or since... even losing both arms didn't affect me as much!

OK that last bit was silly. Speaking of which...
What's brown and sticky?

A stick.

raisen
09-12-2005, 07:47 AM
hehehehe..... I had one of those microsoft sticks immediately before the Saitek, gave it to my father for Warbirds and Falcon. Totally reliable the none force feedback version, on account of having no pots. They're optical tech based.

Raisen

Texas LongHorn
09-13-2005, 08:54 AM
I love the line "sticks are like beer." For my money I have literally a thousound bucks worth of sticks, Thrustmaster, CH, etc. I fly with a thirty dollar Saitek EVO from Best Buy! I love the adjustable features and the ease of use of USB. Works for me, All the best, LongHorn

fordfan25
09-13-2005, 01:18 PM
iv had logitec wingman as well as saitek cyborg. iv found when the wingman is working the way it should it gave me better and smoother control how ever i went threw about 3 or 4 of them in 2 years. my current cyborg is my first and though i dont like the botton layout as well or the movement of the twist stick rudder it has seemed to hold up better.