PDA

View Full Version : Starlink Suddenly Shuts Down on the Switch

DragonBento
10-28-2018, 04:25 AM
Ok Iíve got a new one. Sometimes when Iím playing in handheld mode on my Switch Starlink will shut down and Iím taken to the home screen with a note like ďAn error has occurred with the software and it shut down.Ē Iíve got the latest edition of the software, itís plugged in to an outlet, Iíve experienced this error a few times and I donít understand. Any other Switch users experiencing this?

So hereís what I was doing before it kicked me off. I was trying to obtain Pathos Village Lv. 10 on Vylus vigorously trying to fight off the Outlaws that have it under their control and then it happened. When I returned to the game I was back at Membral Refinery with my damaged ships like nothing happened.

This is as bad as having to re-link ALL your physical ships, pilots, and weapons EVERY WEEK just so you can play in handheld mode. What I fail to understand here is I PAID for all physical copies of ships, pilots, and weapons so I should be able to have them archived and ready in handheld mode.

Thanks for reading and please help soon.

Naca_Icon
10-28-2018, 11:09 AM
Only time Starlink has crashed for me was after several days of not rebooting it (closing the game and reopening it from Home menu- I usually just put my switch to sleep and then start playing again from where I left off). As this has happened on occasion with other switch games that I've done the same thing with, I wasn't overly concerned.

Only thing I remember with any certainty was that I was in the middle of upgrading an outpost, so completely different situation to you.

As for having to re-link every week...Starlink has only been out for a little over two weeks yeah? So you've only had to scan two times so far yeah? That really doesn't seem like such a big deal to me. Maybe they can increase the limit to once a month- so that people going on vacation for over a week don't have to worry about bringing the physical items especially since we don't have a traveling case for them- but if you're arguing over the principle of the thing ("I bought it so it's mine" type thing) well, I kinda agree but again I really don't find it that big of a deal.

UbiMatcha
11-05-2018, 10:45 AM
Hey! Sorry to hear your game is crashing!

As Naca_Icon mentioned, prolonged sessions and keeping your console in sleep mode can make it more likely to crash.
We recommend shutting down your Switch often to ensure your games run smoothly.

Thanks.