PDA

View Full Version : Developer Update: A Witch to Pursue

ItsJustBuck
10-24-2018, 02:53 PM
Hey everyone! It’s Buck from Redlynx, and it’s time for this week’s developer update! Let’s get started!

THIS WEEK

CHALLENGE MODE

We’ve finished up our latest 24 hour event, which featured Towelie, and our next Challenge mode has started. As you’ve likely seen, this week’s Challenge Mode is the Big-Ticket Challenge! This means that ALL cards will cost +2 from their normal cost, but there is 2x energy regeneration. For example, a normal 2-cost assassin will cost 4 energy and a 3-cost fighter will cost 5. I expect that Energy Staff and Hermes Kenny will be a popular combination this week! Good luck, New Kids!

The rewards and retry costs are also the same as in last week’s Challenge.

A WITCH TO PURSUE

This weekend’s event is bringing a very special card to South Park: Phone Destroyer. Witch Garrison is coming to town and you’ll be able to get your hands on him this weekend by completing the event!

This weekend’s event will be a token collection event, which means you can find tokens in PvP lockers and PvP packs. As usual, there will be both Solo and Team packs to open, with the same point amounts as usual. Please make sure you join your team before the event starts (which is usually 12 UTC), in order to be able to claim those team packs!

This weekend’s event will run from Friday(~12 UTC) to Monday(~12 UTC) and by completing both the Solo and Team portions of the event, you will get at least 7 copies of the new card, Witch Garrison!

https://i.imgur.com/eDjUvgB.png

The point requirements are as follows:

SOLO REWARDS

Reward Tier
Points Required

[/tr]

TEAM REWARDS

Reward Tier
Points Required

There will also be another EVENT LEADERBOARD this weekend, so if you’re into that sort of thing, see if YOU can get your hands on some extra prizes (Including Witch Garrison)!

DEVELOPER STREAM

Our Live Streams continue to entertain! Tune in this Thursday at 9:15 AM PST/12:15 PM EST to hang out with ThatDarnSteve (https://twitter.com/ThatDarnSteve) and BlueBadger400 as they answer your questions and play the Challenge Mode. Ubi-Toller will be there too, hanging out in chat and giving away all kinds of great prizes, including a few copies of Witch Garrison! You won’t want to miss it!

https://i.imgur.com/GWrVayQ.png (http://twitch.tv/southparkphonedestroyer)

*** Note the stream is on THURSDAY this week as opposed to the usual Friday stream!

CLOSED BETA UPDATE

We’re also excited to announce that we have selected users for the upcoming closed beta and have sent out e-mails to the selected users. If you applied, please check your e-mail and get back to us as soon as possible. In preparation for this, we will also be pushing out a technical update around October 29th, which will require users to download a new version of the game from their app-store. Changes made in this build are mostly behind the scenes things for the upcoming test.

New users will now also have the ability to play as a ‘guest’ with progress saved locally. This means that you’ll not be required to log in and you will have a randomly assigned name, but also that you’ll lose the progress if you uninstall the game, without linking your account. This should have no effect on users who have already linked their accounts.

BALANCE CHANGES

At the start of the next Legendary season (November 6th). We will be pushing out some balance changes to a few cards. I mentioned in the last livestream, that Mr. Hankey would be one of those cards and that I would include some details about those upcoming changes. Here they are as follows: Level 1 (base stats) for Mr. Hankey- HP increased to 98 from 33 and ATK increased to 98 from 37.

There will also be changes to all Dougies and Mecha Timmy. Full details will be in the Developer Update next week!

One last thing! From the time the event starts on Friday, users who own the following cards will now have increased chances to get them from the shop packs.

Terrance and Phillip

Incan Craig

Visitors

Priest Maxi

Youth Pastor Craig

Imp Tweek

Witch Garrison

That’s all the news we have for now. As usual, if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to share them with us. We love hearing from our players!

Until next time, we’ll see you on the streets of South Park!

Love,

Your Community Team,
Buck🦌, Steve🚀 and Toller🐶

Kennyfan21
10-24-2018, 03:49 PM
Awww man I didn't get accepted:(

Void_Away-
10-24-2018, 04:57 PM
Awww man I didn't get accepted:(

Me neither, it must've been a though selection, but check your spam folder maybe you got it :p.

Jld1989
10-24-2018, 05:14 PM
You guys going to fix the mystic tuning in that patch? It is still absurdly broken.

Turles912
10-24-2018, 08:23 PM
I've been playing this game for almost a full year and still have not received Visitors. I see that you're increasing the chances of getting them if you already own them, but how do I go about getting my first copy?

JR0MER0
10-24-2018, 10:55 PM
I've been playing this game for almost a full year and still have not received Visitors. I see that you're increasing the chances of getting them if you already own them, but how do I go about getting my first copy?

Dude, we just had a challenge event a couple weeks ago where you could have gotten them. I went in with 0 Visitors, but after several runs I ended up getting enough to have them at level 3. We all had our chance. Oh, and I'm 100% f2p, so can't use that as an excuse.

Now about that Incan Craig, how about making him a little more attainable by dropping him out of Legendary rank and putting him at 45 where there aren't any cards?

Turles912
10-25-2018, 01:30 AM
Dude, we just had a challenge event a couple weeks ago where you could have gotten them. I went in with 0 Visitors, but after several runs I ended up getting enough to have them at level 3. We all had our chance. Oh, and I'm 100% f2p, so can't use that as an excuse.

Now about that Incan Craig, how about making him a little more attainable by dropping him out of Legendary rank and putting him at 45 where there aren't any cards?

I didn't receive Visitors from the event. This also happened to a few of my teammates.
However, I have received 2 Incan Craig this month.

JR0MER0
10-25-2018, 04:18 AM
I didn't receive Visitors from the event. This also happened to a few of my teammates.
However, I have received 2 Incan Craig this month.

That's strange. I think I completed the challenge about 7 or 8 times and got at least 1 Visitor card each time, 2 of them on multiple occasions. I am jealous about the Incan Craigs, though, he's the only card I'm missing.

JuraquiIIe
10-25-2018, 04:45 AM
Get we get any details about the Dougies balance changes? It will be a buff or debuff

surgecoykendall
10-25-2018, 05:07 AM
Been playing since the first day the game actually released. Spent decent money and alot of time, no visitors or incan. Now increased chance for anyone lucky enough to have them. Oh if u don't have em good luck cause now they're "event" cards so good luck with the packs u have to buy when we decide to release em.

surgecoykendall
10-25-2018, 05:08 AM
Oh and finished every event and challenge that featured them. Nothing

testiclicles
10-25-2018, 12:50 PM
Get we get any details about the Dougies balance changes? It will be a buff or debuff

I’m guessing it’s a buff because i hardly ever see them these days. But who knows.

Bucabuca13
10-25-2018, 02:53 PM
Really hope they don't buff Mecha Timmy, also why are they still not fixing the broken Mystic theme?

I was in another thread recently and they pointed out how OP the hallelujah card is.

To Compare:

Lvl 5 Fireball -- small area effect, 590 damage, Cost 5

Lvl 5 Hallelujah -- covers entire area, heals 786 + 49 HP boost, COST 4!!!!!

Broken especially combined with a theme that has an energy advantage.

atonedeftool
10-25-2018, 05:12 PM
After months and months of requests, I just got Prophet Dougie to Level 6. Please do not nerf him. How did Dougies get singled out as in need of rebalancing? Hallelujah and Randies are the most overused cards in the meta right now. Dougies seem like they are about where they should be.

Jld1989
10-25-2018, 06:20 PM
Would love to see a hard cap on hallelujah healing. Maybe split the healing evenly between units on the field.

blagh-
10-25-2018, 06:55 PM
Really hope they don't buff Mecha Timmy, also why are they still not fixing the broken Mystic theme?

I was in another thread recently and they pointed out how OP the hallelujah card is.

To Compare:

Lvl 5 Fireball -- small area effect, 590 damage, Cost 5

Lvl 5 Hallelujah -- covers entire area, heals 786 + 49 HP boost, COST 4!!!!!

Broken especially combined with a theme that has an energy advantage.

I'm sure they'll eventually do the opposite of what people want and further buff legendaries as well as the whole mystical theme. I think the only time they've listened to players is when they nerfed Stan the Great and Princess Kenny

Armageddon08
10-25-2018, 07:14 PM
So do you folks at RL ever really hold to your word. Everything I've seen you tout about rebalancing, is how the changes will be buffs to lesser used cards to make them more viable. Now you roll up with plans to nerf mecha timmy. Completely against what you've stated until now.

blagh-
10-25-2018, 07:19 PM
So do you folks at RL ever really hold to your word. Everything I've seen you tout about rebalancing, is how the changes will be buffs to lesser used cards to make them more viable. Now you roll up with plans to nerf mecha timmy. Completely against what you've stated until now.

They also said they'd only make small changes and look what happened. 40+% buffs to health and attack. I swear none of them have ever played the game online at all

Bucabuca13
10-25-2018, 07:40 PM
I swear none of them have ever played the game online at all

But Blagh-, if they fixed the game then they'd be out of a job :P

But yeah that blanket buff was a half hazard fix to the previous broken system of Commons being OP. Personally I think the best way to have fixed that was to stop the donations and instead have daily, weekly and monthly tasks for players to complete individually or as a team. Things like, "Defeat 20 enemies with T&P" will land you 5 T&P cards or "get Space Warrior Token to hit the New Kid" for 15 Marine Craig's'. Then you can make the Team tasks be like "Have Marcus deal a collective 2000 dmg by the end of May to receive 2 Marcus Cards.

That way the devs can control the amount of cards being given away and it would keep people from min maxing commons to level 6.

wallaRex4075
10-26-2018, 02:23 AM

Either my game is glitched, or you don't have to be in legendary to get Incan Craig. I have him, but my max pvp rank is 47

buddyguy88
10-26-2018, 08:43 AM
Either my game is glitched, or you don't have to be in legendary to get Incan Craig. I have him, but my max pvp rank is 47

I got Incan Craig too and only at level 45 PvP

NathanialHB
10-26-2018, 02:22 PM
Day one of locker event. First win of the day, opened 3 lockers (f2p), here we go again. No Points. Redlynx, reward wins with points or put points in 8/10 lockers. Add a couple more games I won that are losses because the lockers had no points.

ahmerali222
10-26-2018, 05:46 PM
Same here. Ridiculously lame how few lockers contain potions.

TIMMAH1997
10-28-2018, 11:27 AM
So server side was said to be coming about a month ago. No News on this since. Is server side still coming or were you lying to us again? Hurry the **** up with server side, seriously.

FoggyPaws
10-29-2018, 09:55 AM
So server side was said to be coming about a month ago. No News on this since. Is server side still coming or were you lying to us again? Hurry the **** up with server side, seriously.

Those sorts of things take time, it could be right around the corner, or a few months from now, I'm just glad they had brought it up

Traumanezzar
10-29-2018, 12:32 PM
So far I’m not liking this sort of event. I usually used the time when my team finished the event to stock on pvp Tickets which I barely can due to those potions.

The event should stop when 2 criteria meet: team finished, individual finished. That leaderboard thing is hindering the majority as people will ONLY get 70 pvp tickets while I used to do way more in just an 3-4 games. Please no more leaderboard thing if it’s to hinder casual players. Thanks.

Armageddon08
10-29-2018, 05:04 PM
So far I’m not liking this sort of event. I usually used the time when my team finished the event to stock on pvp Tickets which I barely can due to those potions.

The event should stop when 2 criteria meet: team finished, individual finished. That leaderboard thing is hindering the majority as people will ONLY get 70 pvp tickets while I used to do way more in just an 3-4 games. Please no more leaderboard thing if it’s to hinder casual players. Thanks.

Agree 100%. Basically you trade in any tickets you typically earn (other than the big 350+ payouts), after your team finishes the event, for 70 pvp tickets. The packs were already earned so it is not a factor.

JR0MER0
10-29-2018, 07:54 PM
Were we supposed to get a witch's hat during the event? I got the outfit about halfway through and assumed the hat would be in the last pack like it normally should be, but it wasn't :(

atonedeftool
10-30-2018, 01:12 PM
Same for me re: witch's hat. Completed both solo and team events and didn't get it.