PDA

View Full Version : New Update - THE HALLOWEEN HUNT!

CaptainWeelie
10-24-2018, 12:12 PM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/frontieronlinecontent/community/KeyArt_UPD44.png

Howdy y’all!

Get ready for some Tricks & Treats!
Count Dracuul has come to the Frontier with an invitation for his grand Halloween Party!

What’s it about? – Collect all of Dracuul’s lost Halloween pumpkins, and win 6 new tracks in the Frontier!

Note – The HALLOWEEN HUNT starts on 24th October, 2018 at 11:30AM GMT.

Introducing Count Dracuul…

https://s3.amazonaws.com/frontieronlinecontent/community/Dracula_UPD44.png

The lord of Darkness is all set to throw the grandest Halloween party, but there’s a situation!
While preparing for the big feast, Count Dracuul lost some of the pumpkins as they managed to flee his Castle.

The celebrations cannot begin without these pumpkins, so what you’ve gotta do is find all of them and in return you’ll get 6 brand-new tracks!

How do I collect pumpkins?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/frontieronlinecontent/community/Pumpkin_UPD44.png

You are given 5 tracks every few hours to hunt for pumpkins, and one of those tracks is guaranteed to have a hidden pumpkin on it.

You are rewarded with track pieces for brand-new tracks after finding a certain number of pumpkins, over the course of the event!

Pumpkins can be collected even after you crash and some of them are in extremely crafty locations. Keep your eyes peeled to avoid missing out!

Additionally, you may get bonus pumpkins on the Loot Wheel immediately after collecting pumpkins on the tracks and they’ll be added to your stockpile!

More pumpkins equal more track pieces, so get huntin’!

Pssst … Get a Hint!

In case you're having a hard time finding pumpkins on these tracks, you can purchase hints (for 15 gems each), which reveal tracks that definitely do not contain any pumpkins.

You may purchase up to 4 hints per hunt.

It doesn’t get any easier than this!

The Pumpkin Leaderboard

Check out how many pumpkins have been collected by the Riders in the Frontier on the Pumpkin Leaderboard!
You’ll be able to see your rank on the Pumpkin Leaderboard, and the top 5% of the riders will get ‘Domino Dash’ – a challenging new track!

The Rewards!

- 5 New Tracks!
- 2 Classic Outfits – Pumpkin King, Headhunter
- 2 Classic paintjobs – Bronco ‘Kaleidoscope’ Paintjob, Mantis ‘Mithril’ Paintjob
- 1 Exclusive track for the Top 5% in the overall event

What else is new?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/frontieronlinecontent/community/The_Frankenstien.png
- The monstrous new ‘Nutjob Frank’ outfit!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/frontieronlinecontent/community/Bike_UPD44.png
- The brand new ‘Dark Magic’ Paintjob for Berserker!

Get Ready to get those pumpkins and get to the party!
For any questions or feedback about this update, do let us know as a response to this thread.

alexmacdek
10-24-2018, 02:49 PM
Thanx Captain! Great news!

kwizee64
10-24-2018, 08:15 PM
If this event started on 24 Oct at 11:30,then why is it 20:15 on 24 Oct and I have no sign of it. Am I missing out on collecting pumpkins

CaptainWeelie
10-25-2018, 05:41 AM
Hey Kwizee, you'll need to download the latest version of the game from the official store for your phone! :)

wieszczu2014
10-25-2018, 11:09 AM
When the event ends?
how much time we have to collect 360 pumpkins?

poncho802
10-25-2018, 01:26 PM
Seems like my countdown timer is on the fritz. Anyone else having issues with the countdown timer for new tracks?

beered_rider
10-25-2018, 07:41 PM
Yes. my timer is at 14 hours.. And the pumpkin on The Waterwheel is impossible to obtain

Shulhan
10-25-2018, 07:53 PM
I'm having issues with the countdown timer too. Mine just ended its 5 hour count and then started another 5 hour count.

kwizee64
10-25-2018, 08:23 PM
Cheers captain, didn't have an upgrade available at the time. Got it now and have started my quest

mugenjin21
10-25-2018, 10:55 PM
It says theres one in the tanktops and its nowhere to be found..

LightningRurik
10-26-2018, 03:51 AM
New event, same old bugs.

Seriously, it's been years, and there's still the countdown bug where it just immediately resets the clock when you open the game. So now you have to wait another six hours to play...

https://i.imgur.com/X22Sj6j.jpg

guest-OKJYJ77i
10-26-2018, 05:11 AM
Pumpkin #1 was on Hinged Pathway
Couldn't find #2. Anybody have the coordinates? Hope it not on Infected Cavern. I only have Riptide and it can't make the 3rd jump.

Bam..Bam
10-26-2018, 07:17 AM
So my track reset clock went from 6hrs to 24hrs once I hit the second set of tracks. Found that pumpkin and the timer went back to 6hrs. Is that just a glitch or is it gonna be a regular pattern? Also I wish that once you found the pumpkin that it would let you to the next one in a shorter time.

alexmacdek
10-26-2018, 08:58 AM
Itís a SHAME! Always the same bugs: timer after 6 hours reset for 6 hours again again again. BUGGED. Logout ó> login doesnít help. iOS

godlesplay
10-26-2018, 12:03 PM
Hi @CaptainWeelie I can't press button "Claim all Rewards!" on my Xiaomi Mi A2, could you take a look into it? Maybe that's because 18:9 display? Thanks

clarx1
10-26-2018, 01:32 PM
Pumpkin #1 was on Hinged Pathway
Couldn't find #2. Anybody have the coordinates? Hope it not on Infected Cavern. I only have Riptide and it can't make the 3rd jump.

Had a pumpkin on infected cavern right at the end of the track between the final rock and the finish line.

Bam..Bam
10-26-2018, 03:42 PM
Where is the pumpkin on waterwheel track?

guest-OKJYJ77i
10-26-2018, 04:20 PM
Had a pumpkin on infected cavern right at the end of the track between the final rock and the finish line.

Thanks. My bike won't make it. Need more upgrades to make that 3rd jump to the first check point.

beered_rider
10-26-2018, 04:35 PM
Under the falling ledge after the waterwheel. You'll need to crash after the checkpoint so the ledge resets, then you need to somehow fall down this gap.

https://i.imgur.com/7irQWPo.png

TMH2014
10-26-2018, 04:52 PM
Was experiencing 6 hr wait between ďhuntsĒ.
Ridiculous.
Logged in this am to find the clock restarted at a Ď20 hrĒ period.
What the heck?

Bam..Bam
10-26-2018, 09:13 PM
Thanks thatís where I thought it was , I can get down the gap with the donkey but apparently canít get the pumpkin😩
Any suggestions would be rad. Until then ima keep tryin
IMG_0022.PNG
What gives.......

TheEcho5Mike
10-26-2018, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I've made it twice and still didn't get it. Pretty lame.

Thanks thatís where I thought it was , I can get down the gap with the donkey but apparently canít get the pumpkin😩
Any suggestions would be rad. Until then ima keep tryin
IMG_0022.PNG
What gives.......

Bam..Bam
10-26-2018, 09:44 PM
That was supposed to show a screen shot of my character in the gap, I can do it like every third try or so but can’t get the pumpkin .........lame
After a lot of times in the gap idk that there is a pumpkin there at all

pat.PL
10-27-2018, 11:30 AM
It says theres one in the tanktops and its nowhere to be found..
Did you eventually find it? I've seen the pumpkin location on Tanktops in a YouTube video, but it's not there (near the end by the tallest tower).

Berkin2018
10-27-2018, 02:02 PM
Did you eventually find it? I've seen the pumpkin location on Tanktops in a YouTube video, but it's not there (near the end by the tallest tower).

I found it in Pinball Pains completely by chance (the part with several rolling barrel things, fell between the first & second i think it was and got rolled below the platform) it was practically invisible, just got lucky. Not sure if itís the same for everyone though.

Yrorcyn
10-27-2018, 03:41 PM
Does anyone know if we get a sound when we are near the pumpkin?

Yrorcyn
10-27-2018, 04:06 PM
Does anyone know if we get a sound when we are near the pumpkin?

Found the pumpkin, no sound! On the last events we got a sound when we were near the piece we were searching for!

kamilus26
10-27-2018, 06:40 PM
At least now pumpkins seem to be visible on the track, not like the last time when we have to fall in every gap, because there was an item to pick.

mckissicks
10-27-2018, 07:17 PM
New event, same old bugs.

Seriously, it's been years, and there's still the countdown bug where it just immediately resets the clock when you open the game. So now you have to wait another six hours to play...

https://i.imgur.com/X22Sj6j.jpg

Agreed. Twice in three days killed my motivation and excitement about the game. Iíve enjoyed these hunts, but Iím not interested in spending a ton of diamonds just to work around this bug.

pat.PL
10-27-2018, 10:41 PM
I found it in Pinball Pains completely by chance (the part with several rolling barrel things, fell between the first & second i think it was and got rolled below the platform) it was practically invisible, just got lucky. Not sure if itís the same for everyone though.
Well, it cannot be anywhere else for me as I used all my hints, so this is the only level I can hunt for pumpkin on.

aghate22
10-28-2018, 09:06 PM
Well, it cannot be anywhere else for me as I used all my hints, so this is the only level I can hunt for pumpkin on.

EDIT: Sorry, the pumpkin I mentioned is for the Rowdy Roofing track.
The pumpkin is below the falling ledge/platform past the second check point. Basically, the way I got it was I got to the next check point, this helps with the platform staying open and not landed as you go through it. Fall at an inverted angle on the round axle. This if done correctly propels the rider backwards out of the screen and you get the pumpkin.

It is a hit or a miss trick and you need to keep trying. Have got that thing twice now.

Another difficult one is on the Broken Skull track. Its past the midway on the track. The way I get it is by dangling the bike on its rear wheel at the ledge and then fall down doing a front flip. I must admit some pumpkins are hard to get. I have had another one at the beginning of the track(can't recall which track). You have to reverse at the beginning of the track to get it.

TMH2014
10-28-2018, 10:32 PM
Just finished 6hr wait to hunt...and clock reset to 6hr again.
Not the first time of course.

DavidT69
10-29-2018, 11:08 AM
same type of issue here, clock reset problem.

this event is ..what it is (not super interesting to mee) but at least it provides new 'content'/challenges ... but here having (again) issues in an event clock/reset/access ... really a pain

Rocknrolll21
10-29-2018, 04:13 PM
Anyone else have this problem...

I keep getting 'Infected Cavern' on my list. I mean 17/20 new track lists I get this stupid track. I keep getting a lot of tracks over and over and it's very annoying.

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
10-29-2018, 06:57 PM

I keep getting 'Infected Cavern' on my list. I mean 17/20 new track lists I get this stupid track. I keep getting a lot of tracks over and over and it's very annoying.

yup, it pops up a looooooooooot

noticed it because the track is a pain in the butt

TXPirate
10-29-2018, 07:20 PM
Honestly, I can't find one pumpkin. I have every bike, been playing for years, know the tracks well... nothing ever appears. At first I thought they were just well hidden, but after seeing some screenshots, I'm at a loss.

Rocknrolll21
10-29-2018, 08:06 PM
yup, it pops up a looooooooooot

noticed it because the track is a pain in the butt

So it's not just me. That track IS a pain for this type of event. Ugh.

Slayer5813
10-30-2018, 01:19 AM
Just found my most difficult one to find. Distilled Hops. Almost at the very end you back up to where your tire just enters the end of a pipe barely sticking up. Can't really see the glow, but after spending the 60 gems it had to be on that map and took several tries to find that location.

aghate22
10-31-2018, 02:46 PM

Got it three times in a row yesterday. And twice the pumpkin was in the same location, just before the end of the track.

Tip: For those concerned if there is a sound when we get the pumpkin. The answer is Yes, it plays a sound when you get it. In the attempts that I had so far the pumpkin was visible, not hidden in gaps where you have to deliberately fault.

aghate22
10-31-2018, 07:58 PM
Encountered another difficult pumpkin on Toxic Garden.

This was right after the last checkpoint between the two mushrooms below the swinging pipe. The bike used was Mantis (I prefer the agile bikes for all hunts).
The trick I tried was to get the front half of the bike on the swinging pipe. Accelerate in such a way that your rear wheel grips the top of the first mushroom, this helps in pushing the pipe. This is the easier part, the hard part for me was to somehow land between the two mushrooms and get the pumpkin. As the pumpkin is very close the stem of the first mushroom makes it very hard to get. The bike may get stuck and wedged which stops you from falling down or you may land towards the bottom of the second mushroom.

A bit hard to spot this one and even harder to get. :)

Chops6969
11-01-2018, 08:59 AM
What happens when you click the "Claim All Rewards" button? Does it reset your pumpkin count to 0 if you click it?

clarx1
11-01-2018, 09:35 AM
What happens when you click the "Claim All Rewards" button? Does it reset your pumpkin count to 0 if you click it?

No it will just add the rewards you have earnt so far into your inventory.

Chops6969
11-01-2018, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the info. I should have tried claiming rewards earlier. Iíve got around 180 pumpkins now and I was afraid of having to start back at zero if I claimed the rewards now.

Chops6969
11-02-2018, 05:11 AM
When you find a pumpkin and finish the track what determines whether you get a bronze(2), silver(6), or gold(12) pumpkin reward on the prize wheel? Is it random? Or is it determined by the difficulty of finding the hidden pumpkin? It doesn’t seem to be tied to the medal you receive, as I've gotten gold or platinum medals for the race and bronze or silver pumpkin rewards on the prize wheel. Also, is there a platinum pumpkin reward? So far I've only seen bronze, silver, & gold.

jowelario
11-03-2018, 02:35 AM
I liked this Halloween event, but now I'm one of all the players who have the timer restarting automatically without letting me hunt for the pumpkin. I get a notification that it is time to hunt for the pumpkin and when I choose to activate the hunt the timer is already restarting the count down. This has happened about 10 times and I'm so tired of this. Why does Ubisoft want to torture the gamers/customers? You will own me at least the final track Domino Dash. But do you care?

Chops6969
11-03-2018, 09:33 PM
I too have experienced the dreaded pumpkin hunt timer reset, but I'm not complaining because Iíve seen it both ways. Iíve had it reset to 6 hours when I should have a new pumpkin to hunt, AND Iíve had it give me a new hunt when I should have had to wait.

Question - Iíve read a few tips and tricks articles that suggest changing the time on your device. They were only talking about re-filling your fuel tank though. Has anyone whoís experienced the pumpkin hunt timer reset tried this?

Rocknrolll21
11-04-2018, 11:50 PM
When you find a pumpkin and finish the track what determines whether you get a bronze(2), silver(6), or gold(12) pumpkin reward on the prize wheel? Is it random? Or is it determined by the difficulty of finding the hidden pumpkin? It doesn’t seem to be tied to the medal you receive, as I've gotten gold or platinum medals for the race and bronze or silver pumpkin rewards on the prize wheel. Also, is there a platinum pumpkin reward? So far I've only seen bronze, silver, & gold.

I'm not sure here but if I keep skipping the timer I see less bonus pumpkins or no pumpkins. If I wait for the timer then I see bonus pumpkins. I didn't test this out at all but maybe it's right...maybe it's wrong. I dunno. Right now I'm skipping the timer and getting zero bonus pumpkins. I'm not spending more just to get one pumpkin when I need another 30 or 40 more. That's a lot of gems wasted. I'll wait for the timer to finish to hopefully get the 12 and 6 packs of pumpkins to finish quicker and cheaper. The 6hr timer is just ridiculous.

Rocknrolll21
11-05-2018, 12:16 AM
I too have experienced the dreaded pumpkin hunt timer reset, but I'm not complaining because I’ve seen it both ways. I’ve had it reset to 6 hours when I should have a new pumpkin to hunt, AND I’ve had it give me a new hunt when I should have had to wait.

Question - I’ve read a few tips and tricks articles that suggest changing the time on your device. They were only talking about re-filling your fuel tank though. Has anyone who’s experienced the pumpkin hunt timer reset tried this?

Just did. No effect on the pumpkin timer. Changing the time was something we did in the early years of this game. Since they fixed it it's never been usable.

Chops6969
11-05-2018, 12:22 AM
I've encountered the same thing - spend 20 gems to start a new hunt and only get 2 or 6 bonus pumpkins on the prize wheel. Wait 6 hours and have a much better chance of getting 6 or 12. I'm pretty sure the bonus pumpkins are completely random. I can confirm that the number has nothing to do with which medal you receive OR the difficulty of finding the hidden pumpkins.

If anyone has any additional info Iíd love to hear it.

DavidT69
11-05-2018, 12:56 PM
hello,

does anyone have a trick to catch the pumpink of Bayou boatride track? (Bayou Auloncours en franÁais)
I found it under a rooftop and 'protected' by explosive barrels.

I got it once by chance after dozens and dozens of tries.
Now I have it again (2nd time i a row!) and i'm stuck (or it is the same because of the maintenance of the day...)

D.

kamilus26
11-06-2018, 08:32 AM
Under the falling ledge after the waterwheel. You'll need to crash after the checkpoint so the ledge resets, then you need to somehow fall down this gap.

https://i.imgur.com/7irQWPo.png

Any hint how to get it? I tried with few different bikes and even with smaller outfit, but still with no success.

detumea
11-06-2018, 02:52 PM
How the f u can get pumpking under that falling bridge coz cant get speed by going backward

aghate22
11-07-2018, 09:46 AM
Any hint how to get it? I tried with few different bikes and even with smaller outfit, but still with no success.

I have used the donkey bike for this as it is more twitchy. I agree this is difficult as you have to reverse wheelie for this. Got this after a couple of attempts. You will have to keep trying. I believe the outfit doesn't matter as long as it is a slim one, unlike the Squirrel outfit.

guest-OkLGeQV9
11-12-2018, 12:44 PM
Got it once by going forward past the bridge, and falling on the rotating wheel, which throws your back under the bridge..
Only got it once like this though, after trying 100+ times by just reversing.
A painful one..

Vinoh22
11-15-2018, 12:45 AM
Another difficult one is on the Broken Skull track. Its past the midway on the track. The way I get it is by dangling the bike on its rear wheel at the ledge and then fall down doing a front flip. I must admit some pumpkins are hard to get. I have had another one at the beginning of the track(can't recall which track). You have to reverse at the beginning of the track to get it.
I'm stuck getting the Broken Skull pumpkin. Even when I manage to flip and get close to it, I seem to bounce off a box near the pumpkin. Any other hints on how to get it? Thanks.
EDIT: Finally got it after many tries on the AppleTV. I was trying earlier on the iPad where the box was interfering making it seemingly impossible.

kwizee64
11-16-2018, 07:42 PM
So far I have managed to avoid the pumpkin on infected cavern. But now, on the final day, it's there. Gone to the 10 minute timer three times now. Just can't do it. Nightmare

kwizee64
11-16-2018, 08:54 PM
Several attempts later, SUCCESS. Why was this track included in the hunt