PDA

View Full Version : Do the missions we cancel appear again?

katukinabarra
10-23-2018, 08:07 PM
I accidentally canceled a mission when I got out of the canyon in Kirite. Just before reaching Kharl Zeon's place I spoke to a robot/material gathering vehicle and gave me amission to find something I can't remember (wreckage, refinery, or a place like Kharl Zeon's).

The thing is I accidentally pushed down on my Nintendo Switch pad and the mission disappeared.

It didn't seem totally important (in fact, the secondary missions seem to be infinite if you offer help in places) but I just want to know, if I find that guy again, will he offer me the mission again? (Didn't find him again yet, even if I looked for him, too many similar characters in the place, and can't remember his exact name).

Another possibility is that the mission is not appearing any longer because I have already discovered around 70% of the places from Kirite.

Thank you for your time.

Naca_Icon
10-26-2018, 12:02 AM
The side missions appear to be generated based on surroundings.

One example of said surroundings is they may ask you to clear an area such as a nearby ruin. Obviously, if you've already cleared all the ruins on a planet, you won't be given such a quest on that planet anymore.

Also, if you select 'Offer Help', but don't like the mission, you can back out to the previous menu and select 'Offer Help' again and it will give you a different missions (the Scan Animal missions can take a long time if you're unlucky, so I prefer to skip them).

So, to answer your question- it 'might' be possible to get that mission again, but its unlikely, and I don't think it matters anyway. Those types of missions are typically to recruit outposts to your alliance, to get free Rep for them to lvl them up, or (in the case for me of the Request Mission option) to clean up mods and other rewards you might have missed nearby.

They're useful aids in getting stuff, but ultimately non-vital.

katukinabarra
10-29-2018, 02:08 AM
I especially agree in the scanning missions, I do the same, reject them and pick another one.