PDA

View Full Version : When will console players get to lean without aiming down sights?

The0neN0nly1
10-20-2018, 06:23 PM
I currently play on an Xbox one and really enjoy it but lately ive been watching players on PC and notice just how different the gameplay is. The frames per second give players on PC a chance to turn on a dime and seemingly not have worry about controlling recoil, dumping entire magazines into a quarter sized hole from across the map. It makes for some really sick plays i must admit. With all of that being said, will console players have a chance to experience any of these features? The frames per second just dont match up to a PC and i can understand that but there are things i feel that could be brought over to console with no problems such as leaning while not aiming down sights. Doesnt seem like a real major feature but could come in handy in some cases. Will this ever happen and when? Doesnt seem like it qould be difficult to bring to console.

KtosTam122
01-14-2019, 03:57 AM
When you're not aiming what do your buttons do ? Unless you have a few extra like elite or other gaming pads it would be hard to achieve. My guess any how.

Lian_Ruins
01-03-2020, 04:20 PM
When you're not aiming what do your buttons do ? Unless you have a few extra like elite or other gaming pads it would be hard to achieve. My guess any how.

I use a Nacon Revolution Pro Control 2 with 4 additional and customizable buttons, but it doesn't matter for this problem.

Basically, on console you can't lean left or right unseless you're aiming down sight while instead on PC it's a basic feature. On console in order to lean WE MUST STAY ADS. This really sucks 'cos it limits console players a lot on many situations.

FraserdeGamer
01-03-2020, 07:46 PM
Wrong. You do not need to ADS in order to lean. I’ve already posted how to do so, but because “attaching knife to the d pad could cause some issues” it won’t even be added as an option. There are other ways as well, but Ubi does not care at all about console. Because of this, I refuse to play R6 until they either give us leaning without ADSing or some type of aim assist. Ubi acts like there are no bugs in the game, no issues on console, no exploits that plague the console community, and nothing that is exclusive to console. The only reason that ddosing got fixed is because it also affected pc.

Leaning without ADSing/custom binds: nope, doesn’t affect pc, so who cares?

MnK: haha who cares? (Note: EVEN FORTNITE WAS ABLE TO FIX THIS)

Aim assist: hmmm, nah, I think console and pc aiming is about even (Note: games like FORTNITE for goodness sake and Cod saw a near even distribution of representation and skill when adding in aim assist, to the point where pc and controller were able to fairly play against each other)

Custom sensitivity settings: look at games like Battlefield and Apex Legends; they have a unique sensitivity for nearly every sight variant. Furthermore, they have individual sensitivities for horizontal, vertical, horizontal ads, and vertical ads. Overall, it allows for far more reliable accuracy when dealing with plastic thumb sticks. But nah, who cares, right? Pc is already reliable, so it isn’t worth the time.

UbiYubble
01-03-2020, 09:17 PM
Hi all!

Our team is aware this is a highly requested feature. I don't have any information on if it'll get added, but if we announce something, we'll make sure the community is in the loop.

FraserdeGamer
01-03-2020, 09:31 PM
Translation: “we understand that console players want this since they are so far behind pc players, but we currently have no plans—and dont expect to have any—to do so.”

Kitty_Paine
01-05-2020, 01:51 AM
It's due too lack of controller buttons on a basic controller. Pro controllers are after market products and therefore the game is not designed with them in mind, even then they just are reassignable to already existing buttons. Ex. Back paddles perform the same action as a face button. The best I can think of is a switch, say for example an unassigned direction on the D-pad which willl switch modes for the triggers. Mode 1: Leaning while ADS Mode 2: Lean without ADS. You would still need to press down on the sticks and triggers so it shouldn't interfere with sprinting and melee.

FraserdeGamer
01-05-2020, 07:46 AM
There’s far easier ways to do it. LS=lean left; RS=lean right. I’ve posted the complete layout before, but like I said, Ubi just doesn’t care about console so they won’t even bother adding it.

FraserdeGamer
01-06-2020, 11:09 PM
It's due too lack of controller buttons on a basic controller. Pro controllers are after market products and therefore the game is not designed with them in mind, even then they just are reassignable to already existing buttons. Ex. Back paddles perform the same action as a face button. The best I can think of is a switch, say for example an unassigned direction on the D-pad which willl switch modes for the triggers. Mode 1: Leaning while ADS Mode 2: Lean without ADS. You would still need to press down on the sticks and triggers so it shouldn't interfere with sprinting and melee.

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2175592-How-to-lean-without-ADSing-on-console(not-that-Ubi-cares-just-to-show-it%92s-possible)?p=14724190#post14724190