PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on what to improve.

DovahFus
10-19-2018, 03:11 AM
so I got a few things that need to be improved.

1. keep our Mods on weapons and ships saved on a weapon. So example if for a fire weapon keep ammo type as Scorching perferred. and if using an ice weapon use Frost perfered.

It just so annoying having to switch my mods all the dang time. over and over again. I just stopped using elemental weapons and just stick to Kinetic cause it got really irritating to switch the mods all the time.

2. HyperDrive is way too slow. Also when on the planet if you fly up into the sky. you should get to your destination faster. It feels like their is way too much time flying to one area to another.

3. Gathering Organics is slow. maybe in groups of two or three it would be faster.

4. allow us to build Outposts from the StarMap. it is slow going one area to another.

5. add a tutorial section to explain stuff like Weight, Handling, Outpost, Vigalantes.

6. turn off Friendly fire for allied units. It is annoying when using Vortex plus Fire combo and then the outpost I'm defending starts attacking me too.

7. make some mines or locations to quickly gather Organics, Metal. and some Challenge areas to collect Warden items. cause late-game is gets too Farm heavy...

8. it would be nice if Observatories. provided Organic materials at rank 3. and Armories provided Metal. and Mod and Refineries had a very small chance of producing a small amount of Nova.

9. make it more clear how to get Nova. It took me a while to figure out how to get nova.... and I find I am always in a short supply.

10. Make Nova purchasable for 1 Nova every Million Electrum. It would reduce the grind immensly. (make it a tier 5 or 6 Equinox upgrade though.

11. not sure but I think that the outpost will level up on their own. I assume that what the Miners and Researchers are for? But the game does not make it clear.

12. make the window for reflecting attacks just a little bit bigger. and do more damage with reflected attacks. I hardly use the shield. cause it cost too much. and my regular shileds don't recharge at all. better to run away and heal. (does help in a very tight pinch. But then the enemy fires so fast you'll run out of energy anyways.)

13. allow Warden Relics to be combined if you clone 5 of them. they feel too weak. even though they give unique effects.

14. mini-games or gambling of Electrum. I would like to see races or slot machines. or betting on races/fights.

15. I think leveling up the pilots should do more then just give skill points. I.e. they enhance the qualities of the ship. and when weapon familirity goes up. the weapon gets better too. in all respects.

16. the weight penalty for wing parts is way to servere. it is often better to move then to tank it. thus having a super slow ship is not advisable.

17 your weapons cannot hurt you. and you are not pulled in by Vortex. Burnt by your flames, stasis etc

18 by holding X on xbox one controller in the loadout menu whilst clicking the left or right trigger. you will go to mods for weapons automatically.

19. allow us to kill the creatures of planets.

20. allow a super area of effect weapon by pressing both bumpers. (RB+LB) at the same time. and different weapons for them. (give you guys more ideas for weapons to sell.thus make you guys more money..) I always just want to blast a big area with a Mortar. or shoot explosive bullets that ricochet and target lock enemies..

21. able to convert Outlaw bases into Alliance Starbases. I always felt alone in space. when I should have guys helping me out. (I might not be far enough in the story. But I think this is worth mentioning.)

22. your Miners and Researchers will gather Organics and Metal for you. and rarely Warden.

23. the Legion attacks more often. I find that just having Three Armories per planet is more then enough to keep Legion off the planet for good.
More aggressive invasions. and multiple Primes spawns. and high level Primes.

24 Vigilantes will prioritize defending an outpost to attacking an extractor, prime, or Imp lair.

25. Kills made by Allies count towards your XP for ship, pilot and currently weapons... (I always feel like I'm rushing to kill them. compared to my allies... also makes the Equinox ally upgrades redundant. cause they kill them faster. which means less XP for you.)

26 Boosters available to purchase from shops... I.e. Increase Electrum amount gained by 50% for 4 hours real time. cost. 2 million Electrum.
Increase Nova Chance by 150% for 2.5 Million Electrum.
Increase weapon damage, defense, shield recharge, shield recharge delay, etc. for 6 hours real time. by 100% etc etc.
And the timer will stop if you log off the game.

27. the Starmap can be a bit confusing if you turn your ship around. I recommend the way Mass Effect handle the planet. where. you rotate it left or right up or down. But you cannot go past the caps. although you can pivot on the.

28 sllow us to upgrade a Outpost from the starmap. also to send miners to set down their Condensers on a vein of Electrum...

29 allow us to give commands or our troops. I.e. Search Mods. Gather Electrum. Store Metal, Organic, Warden. and allow us to mod our Allies... also by clicking both sticks at once. allow us to call for Reinforcements. or 5 units. anywhere. based on sector level. (if in space.) and planet level. with all upgrades.

Allow us to convert mods from one type to another.it will take some electrum and Nova to convert to another Mod Type. I.e. a weapon mod can become a Ship mod for a VERY high cost. or a weapon booster mod can become an ammo mod for a high cost. or a booster mod can turn into another booster mod for a nominal cost. higher tiers cost more.. also must have at least three of a same kind to convert.

allow a 7th tier mods. Godly Mods... can only be made by combining 5 Legendary mods. and 20 nova. and 5 Million Electrum. But they are super powerful and give great and unique effects. i.e. all combos types are automatcially triggered. kintic will auto bomb an area. Stasis electricoutes enemies. Vortex's Implodes at end of duration. etc etc.

there is more I can think of. But this is alright for now. I hope you continue to build more and more good stuff for this awesome game. ^_^

Zoro
10-20-2018, 11:07 PM
Thanks for taking the time to share all of this feedbac, DovahFus! Lots of good suggestions in here.

I'll pass it along in my report to the team!

If anyone else would like to add their thoughts to any of Dovah's points, please feel free to expand the discussion!

SSJMegla
10-22-2018, 12:25 PM
I would just like to add a suggestion to his list.

Please, PLEASE allow us to have an alternative controller layout, that has the shield and dodge on the shoulder buttons (R and L) with flight and special on the A and X buttons (switch version). It gets so frustrating when you have to stop aiming every 5 seconds just so you can hit the dodge button.

Celoxamortis
10-22-2018, 04:57 PM
I would just like to add a suggestion to his list.

Please, PLEASE allow us to have an alternative controller layout, that has the shield and dodge on the shoulder buttons (R and L) with flight and special on the A and X buttons (switch version). It gets so frustrating when you have to stop aiming every 5 seconds just so you can hit the dodge button.

Absolutely agreed. Worst part is I inherently hit the shoulder buttons to block or dodge even though I know those are X and A. I think it's due to other similar games with functions on the shoulders. So I'll be in the middle of a battle and accidentally tap L because my brain has this idea that L will let me dodge... only to burn my pilot ability when I didn't mean to. This happens especially frequently during space battles where we're not only aiming but also needing to use both sticks to adjust speed and pitch.

Honestly, I'd like an option to fully customize my controller how I see fit. But barring that, I'd take a series of different presets. Too many times playing the game I feel like I'm fighting the controls rather than the enemies on the screen.

DragonBento
10-23-2018, 05:02 AM
Hello! Enjoying the game on my Nintendo Switch but if I may request:

Permanent archival of all physical ships, pilots, and weapons. It’s VERY tedious have to load them all in game physically at the docking station when your playing in handheld mode AGAIN, AND AGAIN, AND AGAIN.

Universal leveling for all ships and weapons. Meaning if I leveled up a ship or a weapon with one character and decided to switch to another the ship and or weapon would still be leveled from my previous play with the first character I started with.

STORAGE Cases for all ships, pilots, and weapons, cardboard boxes are nice but an official storage case for the physical toys would be great.

Physical Zenith Ship with Shredder weapon, availability of Startail pilot maybe even his own ship, and personal ships for characters such as Kharl Zeon and Eli Arborwood.

A Controller Mount tailored specifically for the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller.

Thank you for your time.

katukinabarra
10-23-2018, 02:30 PM
I haven't played much yet, but I agree with having the option of customizing the controls.

Apart from that... Is there any way of flipping the weapons "on the go"? (Not having to go inside the loadout menu)

Thank you for your time, I may add more suggestions as I play.

neilvbell
10-23-2018, 03:06 PM
DragonBento, I think you are missing the point of ship/weapon levelling: it doesn't improve the weapon (as far as I am aware) but instead gains skill points for pilots. Therefore you don;t want universal levelling since that pilot would then not be able to level up. Hope that makes sense.

Sgt.Blaze
10-23-2018, 11:45 PM
Probably due to being on a cellphone.

Anyway I would like to add:

Online co-op (I mean why not)

Option for horizontal view

USB mount (universal mount the works like the controller mount, but is more of a stand), it will sit on a table or beside your console but still have all the features and lightning as the controller mount.
And when you are not playing you can unplug the USB and use it as a normal stand, or set it to a USB charger for the light effects

Escalation mode.

Ohh and as a minority away for PC-users to play it.
Gladly be forced to use a controller and Xbox play everywhere.

Ubi-Lucipus
10-24-2018, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the continued feedback pilots :)

Can you try to tick option for desktop view on your mobile and see if this will allow you to see the poll?

cyberakuma13
10-24-2018, 10:54 AM
Love love love the game, but here’s mine:

1) By far my biggest: Mods really disrupt the flow of swapping gear “on-the-fly”. I do the fun thing of physically swapping a gun in the middle of a battle (and it is fun!) but the flow is interrupted by having to go into the menu and change mods. Don’t get rid of mods - but they should be able to be on multiple items at a time. (Although, maybe not in the same loadout.)

2) Remappable buttons. Boosting doesn’t work with right stick piloting, I only have one thumb.

3) A little bit picky, but I’d like to be able to search a planet by landmark type. Basically, scroll through all the refineries, revealed extractors, etc.

4) New fallen drakes coming back makes it impossible to permanently 100% explore a planet, something completionists want to do.

Ubi-Lucipus
10-25-2018, 09:58 AM
2) Remappable buttons. Boosting doesn’t work with right stick piloting, I only have one thumb.

Out of interest, how would you remap? Or what specific commands do you think would be helpful to change around in terms of re-mapping? :)

Ghost_Tracker
10-25-2018, 06:41 PM
Out of interest, how would you remap? Or what specific commands do you think would be helpful to change around in terms of re-mapping? :)

I know how I would re-map. I'm on Ps4, and when in flight mode, steering while boosting, is a bit of an issue, I would rather hold R1 to boost, and use circle to switch to different modes, since it is far easier to to hold down R1 and use the Right Joy Stick at the same time.

cyberakuma13
10-25-2018, 07:22 PM

What he said. You can’t boost and use both thumb sticks. The only solution is to put boost on a bumper. (Since triggers are for weapons, as they should be.)

Ubi-Lucipus
10-26-2018, 11:33 AM
Thank you pilots, I think this has been a popular request so far in terms of mapping buttons. 🚀

Please do feel free to suggest more should you have any suggestions, we're happy to hear the feedback on this :)

Naca_Icon
10-26-2018, 08:25 PM
My thoughts and opinions regarding OP's post.

1. Is this...what? I'm playing Switch version with the physical toys, and the mods stick to whatever weapon I put them on. The only time I go in the mod menu is to clean inventory, upgrade and maybe make a new build. Maybe I'm reading what you're requesting wrong but as far as I'm aware this is already in the game.

2. I thought so too- at first. Once you've visited the planets/pirate ships you've got all the fast travel points you need for the really far points, while closer points using hyperdrive lets you explore nearby crashes and such. I wouldn't say no to it being faster, especially if they reduce the hyperdrive traps as well (say, adding if you successfully escape one there's at LEAST a one minute cooldown- really annoying having to dodge the things when I'm already headed to a corsair or dreadnought).

3. I agree. If we could just shoot them out and then pick them up (similar to common minerals) I'd be happy.

4. I...hesitantly agree. It'd be cool if we could order an outpost built on an empty slot from the starmap, contact them to pay for their upgrades, maybe order the Vigilantes to target a specific Imp Hive faster so we can order an outpost built there, but I also acknowledge that this could affect the balance of the game. In Starlink, you're meant to be going places and doing things, not staring at a screen and commanding troops like a strategy game. Again, that'd be cool imo, but if they DID do that, they'd also have to make it so the game doesn't pause on the starmap, which could cause other problems.

5. I disagree on the Outpost and Vigilante tutorial. The story missions associated with them basically ARE tutorials for them. As for ship stats, I feel their uses are rather self-explanatory, though a clarification would be great, I agree.

6. I agree. Starlink isn't a game where you should be hurting your allies for any reason anyway, so why do we have the option?

7. I like this idea. Especially if its linked to a repeatable activity, like the Radar Sites. Stay in beacon range, kill the legion that spawn...add a stronger boss critter at the end to spice things up maybe.

8. I disagree. Organics and Metal are only used for upgrading outposts. Why should they give you more when they don't need them anymore?
8a. I like the idea of a building producing Nova for us though. Why not the Starlink Towers, since lore-wise thats their purpose anyway (transmatting Nova to the Equinox).

9. I disagree. Within the first three missions you should know Legion is the main source of Nova in Atlas. The characters literally say it. Even then, if you look at the map, the sites and activites that give Nova as a reward for completing them will tell you under their rewards.
9a. As for always being in short supply... that's a GOOD thing, imo. Gives you something to work towards. For me personally, once I realized how much Nova I was spending on combining mods blindly, I stopped. I started paying attention to what cost Nova and what didn't, and if I felt that purchase was worth it.

10. I agree. The ability to refine Electrum into Nova should have been in the game I feel, especially since that was once of the things St. Grand's research was all about. I'd say it would be cool to have it as follow up to the 'St. Grand's Secrets' quest, since the canisters were supposed to have his research in there already. Get the research, unlock the Equinox upgrade and presto, can now refine Electrum into Nova. A million seems like a lot though, even if Electrum becomes meaningless in the end game.

11. I agree, a clarification here wouldn't hurt.

12. I mostly use shield to tank the Fire Giants Mortars and Pirate Mines- because both those things do too much damage to simply ignore like I can the small arms fire. I've never succeeded with a reflect, or if I have I never noticed. A buff could make me use it more, but I usually just dodge a lot anyway.

13. Disagree. Warden Relics have the effects of 3 different Rare mods combined into one slot. Want a more powerful effect? Use a Legendary or Epic mod, at the cost of potentially using more slots to get the effects you want.
Now, the ability to fuse our OWN relics I could get behind, as many of the Relics have traits I simply don't care for. But that's personal preference.

14. Agree. Though, they'd need to effectively integrate such mini-games. If its something I try once or twice just cause, and then never return to, that just sounds like a waste of developer resources. That being said, some kind of point to point race is almost always a good idea- particularly since one of our pilots IS a racer.

15. Pilot lvl makes a big difference on the amount of dmg you can deal and receive. This is easily observed by switching to a low lvl pilot in a high lvl area and watching them get smashed. How much ship/weapon familiarity has an effect on that is hard to say, as more testing is required.

16. Early on I always went with faster ships because, well I like speed. But later on I was using the Nebula (because I lsot my other ships) and I didn't notice a significant difference in performance. There WERE differences, don't get me wrong, but nothing like I changed my playstyle for in any way. So I'll just say I agree some work needs to be done on the ship-building side of things.

17. I was pulled into my Frost Vortexes all the time. Pretty sure the normal ones too. If your complaint is that you can't hurt/inflict status on yourself....good? I wouldn't like those things anyway. They could give us the option though, maybe tie it into Friendly Fire.

18. Do you mean holding, say, the Interact Button while outside a menu, and it automatically bringing up the weapon mod menu? If so I disagree, but only because I would never use it.

19. Disagree. No need, and you're supposed to be saving Atlas, not terrorizing it. If we must, tie it into one of the Friendly Fire options- though you still need to damage certain ones because thats how you get each planet's Sample #4 (I think).

20. Sounds like you're asking for a Super. Do Pilot abilities not count? Masons orbital strike is pretty freaking awesome imo, and elemental combos in general usually have a big boom associated with them.

21. Agree. Sounds cool.

22. Disagree. Same as #8

23. Did you try a harder difficulty? I haven't so I'm just spitballing, but i do recall one of the descriptors for the Hard difficulty was 'Legion Spreads Faster'. If this is not the case, then yes, I agree.

24. I think they attack based on what enemies are closer to their base. I could be wrong though.

25. Disagree simply on the principle that Vigilante's could be killing lots of things when you're not even on planet. They don't stop fighting just because you went somewhere else- they keep doing their own thing. Though, I'll agree that if it isn't already the case, then local kills should be attributed to you regardless, given the nature of the game.

26. I'll agree that temporary boosters in some form could be cool, but I heartily disagree with your examples. Chances are, I'd only bother with a booster early to mid game, so it having a million plus buy in is a big fat no from me.

27. AGREE. None of the planets have any form of polar caps, or any form of navigation aside from in reference to your ship. WHY? This makes it nearly impossible to retrace your steps once you have a planet mapped out (I once lost a Prime Core because I didn't realize I picked up a nearby Fire Nova instead and travelled all the way to an outpost to sell).

28. Same as #4, I like the idea but also don't think Starlink should adopt elements of Strategy games into it, as this adds the risk of the game losing its identity in the long run.

29a. Same as #4 and #28.

29b. Combining three of a kind to get a different kind of the same rarity sounds fair to me. Doesn't have to be super expensive, just as expensive as combining mods would normally be- except instead of getting a better version of the mod, your're getting a different one.

29c. I've reread this paragraph over a dozen times now. At first I was fully against it, but the more I think about it, the more I think the idea just needs refinement. To begin with, this 7th tier of mods isn't something you can find. You HAVE to make it yourself. This will make them special, given their exorbitant cost, as you'll need to consciously raise those resources for it. Though, the effects would have to match the price, without becoming an instant-win button.
Alternatively, we could also add the option to 'mutate' mods, trading some of their stats for a Unique secondary affect (your idea of Vortex Implode at end of duration is actually something I would have expected to be in the game already). Probably should exclude Booster and Amplifier mods from said 'mutations' due to their stack-able nature- which appears to be a design decision already in place, as current secondary affects only seem to appear on Armor, Core, and Ammo mods afaik.

GrnFzzTgr
10-30-2018, 07:35 AM
I'm replying to the post that started the thread, but also stating my own thoughts on what should be improved:

1. Mod Loadouts: Mods and Ships being saved to load outs is an idea I can get behind. Though I generally don't find myself swapping out mods all that much. I'm also using the Switch Version I stopped using the physical toy almost right away because it was more tedious to pull apart and put together than playing digitally.

2. I thought Hyperdrive was fine, but a moving even faster while doing it would be nice. Also less traps. I've run into instances where I had several trap encounter on the way to a dreadnaughts and it just became irritating when I just wanted to get there. I either had to dodge my way through the trap, or exit hyper drive and then go back into it. Sometimes the outlaws would still hit me while I was racing away.

Once we visit a planet, clear a Warden Spire or beat an Outlaw base we have the ability to fast travel to it. All of which we can do from the map.

3. Organics: Definitely this is just tedium having to pick them one at a time. I'd rather just shoot them and get it over with. I'd also like to be able to gather several at once from one pickup. Perhaps make this an equinox upgrade. "More items from gathering points" Is what it would be called in Monster Hunter!

4. Outpost Building: I Agree with this, though I do like the experiences of traveling to the location and building from there. I also agree with the person who mentioned commanding units to target locations.

5. Ship info and Stats: I'd like more info on ship and weapons stats to be honest. How does weight effect the ship, how does size effect the ship? It should be a no brainer, but I didn't think about these things. Like how more or less parts on a ship would change the size of my hitbox, or make it harder to fit somewhere. I'd also like more info on the dodge roll mechanic. I've played so many starfox games that I know what it does for the Arwing, but dodging in any other ship I've not sure if I'm invincible or if things are just missing.

6. Friendly Fire: I agree with this. It should be an option in the menu. I remember I accidentally attacked an outpost when trying to defend when I first started playing and then suddenly I hear "STARLINK HAS BETRAYED IT" and then the crew of the base starts attacking me, so I decided to destroy it myself. .

6a. Since we're able to hurt allies, why not allow us to align ourselves with different factions? What if I decided I wanted to side with outlaws? On that note, Lets us build outlaw outposts too! NPC's talk like there are rivalries between the factions, but there's no sign of a struggle between them in gameplay. Just that legions are the big bad guys everybody fights. I've had moments where I saw outlaws and legions fighting one another and just sat there and watched them murder each other. I've also had times where I lured outlaws to drakes to have them fight for me!

7. I agree with this! A better way to get materials is always welcomed. I've reached points where I'm going "Ugh, I have to pluck or shoot this and gather it one by one. I just want to get back into the action."

8. I don't agree with this. Metal is a resource they need. We should provide it to them, not them to us. I do like the idea of mines though. I also like Naco-Icon's idea for Starlink towers providing nova. It's unfortunate the starlink towers are so late game. We could possibly turn extractor locations into those, or lesser versions for the starlink network. That way we have more of a reason to keep watch over those spots. I pretty much ignore them until a prime arrives.

9. I like how valuable nova is compared to electrum, but I agree it is a bit too hard to get. Perhaps the tower idea from 8 could help alleviate that. Currently crashed drakes respawn, but they only give one nova per drake, they also end up removing map clear % which is annoying.

10. I agree on Naco-icon's point about nova refining becoming an option. Currently the quest line for the canisters leads to a dead end. We're told that they hold nova research secrets, but all we get are data logs about the characters. We learn that Mason as a scientist exceed's St. Grand, why not have him continue his research?

11. I haven't noticed outpost leveling up on their own, but i have seen them level down and even become inactive. I assume it was from being attacked, but i have no idea. I also don't know what it means when they are flashing on me map. I assume it meant they were under attack, but I've gone to them and nothing was happening. They don't even call for help when attacked unless you're nearby.

12. I agree with this, though the shield deflecting attacks on his own could be a useful MOD effect. I play mainly with the Arwing so I just use a dodge roll instead since it's less costly. Also what does +25 range on deflection mean for that Arwing mod? Does the barrier get extended or is that for the projectiles that get deflected?

13. I'd prefer being allow to fuse mod effects to make powerful custom mods, when I first read we'd be able to unlock mod fusion, that was something I assumed we'd be able to do... Made a bunch different legendary mods with effects you like? Fuse them to make custom mods with those effects! It's not just legendary, it's Mythical! (Mythical Mods, I love alliteration)

14. I'd love to have mini-games and side-quest to break up the monotany of fetch quests. I'm rather sick of being sent from point to point to put something some play or go fetch an item. I always end up skipping those mission request and go for the ones that involve fighting an outlaw or legion. I don't usually like races, but we do have a racers as one of our pilots. We also two ace pilots Razor and Fox (if you have the switch version) and star fox games tend to have you flying through rings or something test your piloting skills.

15. I agree with this. Apparently leveling up does have an effect on damage taken and recieved? I really don't know if that's true or if it's just anecdotal. If it is true, there should be a stat display for pilots. Either way I feel like weapons and ships should get stat increases as a pilot gets better with them. We have to buy the weapons, ships and pilots with real world money. At least have them grow with us to make that purchase worthwhile. The game claims we master these, but I don't feel a difference. Levels also feel meaningless after 31. Give pilots a level cap, as well as more skills in the tree to work with until they reach it.

16. I didn't notice a big effect of weight other than reduced jump height. The game needs to better explains the pros and cons of all ship stats. It actually wasn't as obvious as it should have been that making a bigger ship would increase the size of the hitbox. I was annoyed when I had to remove segments of my "frakenship" to fit through a door.

16a. Speaking of ships, outside of the Arwing, ships and parts don't really have unique abilities to make them stand out. Ships have different stats, and different wings can let you tinker with the stats slightly, but they don't have any unique traits that lets them stand out more. The Arwing has a deflecting roll (as well as charge shot and lasers), but has the same stats as lance, making it objectively better as far as I can see (or does dodging give invincibility?)

17. Definitely agree with this. Getting caught up in my own elemental effect is irritating. There's many times I've tried to use vortex weapons, but I ended up getting trapped in my own area of effect and hindered. It seems even funnier to me in the Arwing since it canonically has the G-Diffuser system to negate gravitation and inertial effects on the ship. We should be immune to the various status effects our attacks cause, enemies and hazards can continue to effect us of course.

18. I'd much rather have a quick change for the 3 load outs so I don't have to interrupt the action with a menu, like in the prologue when Hunter took out that Drake. But only if that'd be possible within the game engine.

19. I agree, but only so it doesn't feel jarring when you come to the realization that you can damage everything but animals and scenery.

20. But we already have pilot abilities... Maybe give Pilots a few different abilities to choose from for further customization... I would love for Fox to have the option to drop a Nova bomb on some poor sap. Actually, now I want Nova bombs as a DLC weapon, or a mod for the ship.

21. I agree with this, thought if they made it so we could align ourselves with factions. We could turn these into any kind of base.

22. This is pretty much the same point as 8. Players should be the ones gathering the important resources.

23. I agree with this. Harder difficulties should have higher enemy spawns that are more aggressive. Even in very hard, the armory was keeping the planet at around 90% alliance. More prime's should be spawned at once on a planet, and they should be more aggressive in their taking over of locations. As it is I was ignoring them on very hard. I even had an outpost panicking that there was a prime nearby. I went to the location and saw the prime lumber on by aimlessly. One prime every hour or so is not very threatening to the control of a planet. Dreadnoughts are also not threatening unless you go to fight them. Starfox 2 had a similar mechanic with dreadnoughts except they were always threatening since they launched attacks at the planet.

24 . Vigilantes are already really powerful for NPC's. 3 maxed out armories is really overkill. Even one was enough to keep a planet with nearly full alliance almost topped off. That said I would like to see vigilantes take turrets and place them around other outpost types. The other alliance npcs seem to do pretty okay on their own most of the time.

25. I disagree with this. The player should be gaining their own EXP. The game already farms electrum for me. I should be trying to get into fights instead of avoiding them and letting NPC's fight for me. That said I would like the ability to call for assistance in a fight. Sometimes I lure outlaws to a location to make them fight Legion enemies for me. Like at Drakes.

26. I don't really care for temporary booster if the effect with cancel when I log off. I'd rather the ability to give myself a permanent boost to something. Or if they're going to be temporary, make them cheap so I'm not wasting the effect if my game crashes or I log off.

27. I find both maps can be confusing in general. The planets should definitely have visible indicators for the polls. I've gotten lost more than once trying to navigate around a planet because the map isn't fixed to north and south. Also... Metal, plants, corrupted nova, outpost equipment, electrum rush relics, prime cores, etc should all have unique icons on the map and minimap. Like Naco-Icon. I've lost items because I've accidentally swapped them without realizing and couldn't find them again.

28 I'd like to see prospectors, vigilantes and scientist carry and place equipment to the key locations they usually want stuff at, but I don't want to take the active effort away from the player either. So I disagree with doing it from the map, but allowing the npcs to brings stuff to places. They already mine for themselves.. Though that has no effects on anything.. They just stole an ore I was going to pick up... .. So I shot them out of spite >_>

29. I only agree but to a limited degree. Let us call for assistance from allies for combat or defense. It'd be similar to fox's pilot ability if you limited to that, and that would be fine.

30: Mod conversion would go great along with mod fusion, cloning and combining mods for combined effects.

-----------------------

My Suggestions:

31. Aerial Combat: Space fights are fun, ground combat is done well too, but the vertical space of planets is horribly utilized. Outlaws and Legion both of flying variants. Dogfights in the skies of Atlas would fill in that gap. Dreadnoughts could release swarms of drakes at the planets to attack outpost and engage flying players in combat. Outlaws could fly from one outpost to another during their raids as well. Flying enemies could also attack ruins, and guard the area around clouds of corruption to make passive through and over them from the skies more dangerous

32. Ruins: Finding a ruin, reclaiming it for the alliance, and then looting it's treasure is a nice feeling. I think it would be nice if the other faction fought for them as well and could even claim them for themselves, or if they could be taken over by outlaws and legion. Once a ruins is cleared and situated. I found they they are pretty set. They don't seem to get overtaken, so it seem like a planet can never be completely over run if you clear them.

33: Mothership: The only way to repair damaged destroyed ships in this game is to travel to a planet side outpost, but that means you have to have an outpost aligned with you at all. In space there's no way to repair destroyed ship at all. You have the Equinox, the Starlink team's mother ship, but all it really does from a gameplay perspective is get upgraded for passive traits, and acts as a trigger to progress the story. I think it should also be able to repair ships. It means player could repair their ship from space without having to travel back to planet, and they could continue to explore in space if they prefer.

34. Speaking of Space.... There needs to be more to do in space besides find wrecked ships and attack outlaw bases. I'd like to see players make outposts and space, and fight bosses as well. Also with team Starlink messing things up for outlaws and the legion you'd like that they'd attack the Equinox more often... Or that they'd have their big guns out in space to prevent you from getting to the planets. Dreadnoughts are portrayed as these big imposing threats to Atlas, but you never see them being aggressive.

I had some other suggestions but I can't remember them right now...

AgentSpectre
10-30-2018, 01:14 PM
Don't have time to reply to everything right now, but I just want to weigh in on the other side of damage to allies and damage from our own elements.

I LIKE this. It's realistic. It keeps the game from being thoughtless and you have to pay attention to what you're doing or else you're going to pay for it. The game is already simple enough, so I really did appreciate this logic and attention to detail. All actions should have consequences- not enough games each this.

As far as easy resource gathering, it's not like you even need to farm those items, as outposts can be upgraded without them too. In the game's current state, making gathering easier than it already is seems pretty trivial.

katukinabarra
10-31-2018, 01:13 AM
1 Customize Controls. So that we can aim/fly and boost etcetera. (I just bought a Xbox Elite controller even having a Switch Pro because wanted to enjoy full control aiming+boosting+elevating... {It's a pity xbox controller hasn't got gyro features})

2 Use Y button (Switch version) to go down, it may seem logic to jump/go up using B when on a planet, but when you are on space using hyperdrive or just flying through a planet... We should have the ability to do both go up and down.

3 Let us choose when we can use gyro controls, not just when aiming after pushing right joystick (and let us choose the sensibility too).

4 Let us flip the weapons backwards on the go pushing any sort of button combination (I may not use this very often, but if the game is capable, we should have it).

Nothing else more by now,

Thabk you for your time

Ubi-Lucipus
10-31-2018, 11:41 AM
Thanks for sharing your suggestions katukinabarra :)

1 Customize Controls. So that we can aim/fly and boost etcetera. (I just bought a Xbox Elite controller even having a Switch Pro because wanted to enjoy full control aiming+boosting+elevating... {It's a pity xbox controller hasn't got gyro features})

2 Use Y button (Switch version) to go down, it may seem logic to jump/go up using B when on a planet, but when you are on space using hyperdrive or just flying through a planet... We should have the ability to do both go up and down.

3 Let us choose when we can use gyro controls, not just when aiming after pushing right joystick (and let us choose the sensibility too).

4 Let us flip the weapons backwards on the go pushing any sort of button combination (I may not use this very often, but if the game is capable, we should have it).

Nothing else more by now,

Thabk you for your time

Sgt.Blaze
11-02-2018, 11:40 PM
First of all i really cannot understand how people cannot agree with at least five of these things, but that is just me.
I gonna write my specific thoughts on OPs ideas.

1. keep our Mods on weapons and ships saved on a weapon. So example if for a fire weapon keep ammo type as Scorching perferred. and if using an ice weapon use Frost perfered. (Excellent QoL idea, or at least auto move the mods when changing loadout digitally)

2. HyperDrive is way too slow. Also when on the planet if you fly up into the sky. you should get to your destination faster. It feels like their is way too much time flying to one area to another. (I semi-agree, if anything we got fast travel. And travel time grants imo a bit of emmersion)

3. Gathering Organics is slow. maybe in groups of two or three it would be faster.
(This could be upgraded along with hull-expansion, but a small QoL)

4. allow us to build Outposts from the StarMap. it is slow going one area to another.
(It is slow, but I still like the idea of you need to actually be there, like RTS style. But could maybe give commands to the armory from the starmap, if they expand on this feature in the future)

5. add a tutorial section to explain stuff like Weight, Handling, Outpost, Vigalantes.
(Well wouldn’t hurt I guess)

6. turn off Friendly fire for allied units. It is annoying when using Vortex plus Fire combo and then the outpost I'm defending starts attacking me too.
(Could be a QoL-option)

7. make some mines or locations to quickly gather Organics, Metal. and some Challenge areas to collect Warden items. cause late-game is gets too Farm heavy...
(This is not needed if 3 is implanted imo, and if materials do not get more benefits as it is)

8. it would be nice if Observatories. provided Organic materials at rank 3. and Armories provided Metal. and Mod and Refineries had a very small chance of producing a small amount of Nova.
(Imo this is not needed and would dumb the game down even more. If you just gather from time to time and with #3 implanted it should be fine. I mean a bit of busy work is fine in a game)

9. make it more clear how to get Nova. It took me a while to figure out how to get nova.... and I find I am always in a short supply.
(I really do not see how so many people have problems figuring out the most simple things in videosgames, especially not one designed for kids. But again been playing a lot of Warframe and Monster Hunter, where you are not babysitted, and how to figure out stuff by yourself, which I find healthy. Imo very low priority, but that is purely subjective.)

10. Make Nova purchasable for 1 Nova every Million Electrum. It would reduce the grind immensly. (make it a tier 5 or 6 Equinox upgrade though.
( as it is now, this is again a way to dumb the game down. A bit of grind is okay, and Nova can be gathered fast by exploring the game.)

11. not sure but I think that the outpost will level up on their own. I assume that what the Miners and Researchers are for? But the game does not make it clear.
(Nope you level them up with items or for electrum and nova. It is explained to you what they do when building, that’s why I love having a few workshops for healing my allies)

12. make the window for reflecting attacks just a little bit bigger. and do more damage with reflected attacks. I hardly use the shield. cause it cost too much. and my regular shileds don't recharge at all. better to run away and heal. (does help in a very tight pinch. But then the enemy fires so fast you'll run out of energy anyways.)
( there are mods for this, again more a dumb-down-game-mechanics, than QoL imo. It is okay to master a game and not have it mastered for you)

13. allow Warden Relics to be combined if you clone 5 of them. they feel too weak. even though they give unique effects.
(I think they are ment to be a cool gimmick more than a “be all end all” mods, and I am fine with this. The fact that they allow us to clone it is already more than enough imo)

14. mini-games or gambling of Electrum. I would like to see races or slot machines. or betting on races/fights.
(MINI-GAMES. Love the idea, especially if you could also race your friends, sounds like a good idea for a free little DLC package)

15. I think leveling up the pilots should do more then just give skill points. I.e. they enhance the qualities of the ship. and when weapon familirity goes up. the weapon gets better too. in all respects.
( Imo it is fine as it is. They already grant benefits to all the other pilots. And lvl makes them stronger against low lvl enemies)

16. the weight penalty for wing parts is way to servere. it is often better to move then to tank it. thus having a super slow ship is not advisable.
(A bit of balancing here could be interesting, ut try out defence mods when you go all out tanky)

17 your weapons cannot hurt you. and you are not pulled in by Vortex. Burnt by your flames, stasis etc
( I disagree, since there are mods where self harm can help you, and it is really minor. Again a “dumb it down” suggestion imo)

18 by holding X on xbox one controller in the loadout menu whilst clicking the left or right trigger. you will go to mods for weapons automatically.
(Hmm maybe... never found this to be a problem, or found myself thinking “I need this”)

19. allow us to kill the creatures of planets.
(For emmersion? Yeah why not, but then there need to be more, and maybe let it be under a menu “allow critters kills y/n”)

20. allow a super area of effect weapon by pressing both bumpers. (RB+LB) at the same time. and different weapons for them. (give you guys more ideas for weapons to sell.thus make you guys more money..) I always just want to blast a big area with a Mortar. or shoot explosive bullets that ricochet and target lock enemies..
(While I think there is already more microtransaction in this game than for its own good, I would like new weapons. But the pricing is already insane, and it has been proven to us that games earn enough without the need of dosen of microtansaction or lootboxes)

21. able to convert Outlaw bases into Alliance Starbases. I always felt alone in space. when I should have guys helping me out. (I might not be far enough in the story. But I think this is worth mentioning.)
(This would cluster the system imo. But maybe have a few friendly outposts out there, or convert a few wreckage.)

22. your Miners and Researchers will gather Organics and Metal for you. and rarely Warden.
(Imo no need for this. Do your own gathering, especiallyif #3 is implanted. I get the feeling that you really hate gathering games)

23. the Legion attacks more often. I find that just having Three Armories per planet is more then enough to keep Legion off the planet for good.
More aggressive invasions. and multiple Primes spawns. and high level Primes.
(Turn of the differculty to very hard, should solve this)

24 Vigilantes will prioritize defending an outpost to attacking an extractor, prime, or Imp lair.
( This could be an option. Make it so you can give them commands.)

25. Kills made by Allies count towards your XP for ship, pilot and currently weapons... (I always feel like I'm rushing to kill them. compared to my allies... also makes the Equinox ally upgrades redundant. cause they kill them faster. which means less XP for you.)
(I think you level fast enough without this. This is a small maybe)

26 Boosters available to purchase from shops... I.e. Increase Electrum amount gained by 50% for 4 hours real time. cost. 2 million Electrum.
Increase Nova Chance by 150% for 2.5 Million Electrum.
Increase weapon damage, defense, shield recharge, shield recharge delay, etc. for 6 hours real time. by 100% etc etc.
And the timer will stop if you log off the game.
(One question: why? The game is already easy enough, and with Eli fully lvled and a few reffineries you are swimming in electrum. A big NO from me :))

27. the Starmap can be a bit confusing if you turn your ship around. I recommend the way Mass Effect handle the planet. where. you rotate it left or right up or down. But you cannot go past the caps. although you can pivot on the.
(I do not get how this is confusing? It shows your ship. You want it fixed in position?)

28 sllow us to upgrade a Outpost from the starmap. also to send miners to set down their Condensers on a vein of Electrum...
(We talked a bit about this before. As for building, the same goes for upgrading imo.)

29 allow us to give commands or our troops. I.e. Search Mods. Gather Electrum. Store Metal, Organic, Warden. and allow us to mod our Allies... also by clicking both sticks at once. allow us to call for Reinforcements. or 5 units. anywhere. based on sector level. (if in space.) and planet level. with all upgrades.
(I did write something a out commands already, so agree. Moding allies?? Why?? They are already really strong. This feels like, in contrast to other wishes, like an unneed complexicity and buff. Another No from me)

Allow us to convert mods from one type to another.it will take some electrum and Nova to convert to another Mod Type. I.e. a weapon mod can become a Ship mod for a VERY high cost. or a weapon booster mod can become an ammo mod for a high cost. or a booster mod can turn into another booster mod for a nominal cost. higher tiers cost more.. also must have at least three of a same kind to convert.
(A big NO. I do not feel like I need to explain myself here:))

allow a 7th tier mods. Godly Mods... can only be made by combining 5 Legendary mods. and 20 nova. and 5 Million Electrum. But they are super powerful and give great and unique effects. i.e. all combos types are automatcially triggered. kintic will auto bomb an area. Stasis electricoutes enemies. Vortex's Implodes at end of duration. etc etc.
( why being a meta into play? Let us just mix and match mods. Make more gimmick mods, sacrificing efficiency for some fun extra powers. They already got a few of these like the Expedition armor mod)

I would like you to review some of your suggestions, but what I get from this is:
1) You hate gathering or grinding
2) You love the game and what it to succed

DragonBento
11-03-2018, 03:35 AM
This request is a small cosmetic. All temperatures of the planets you visit in Starlink are in Celsius format I am only able to read Fahrenheit is it possible to change this? Yes I’m American it was just a request...

Ubi-Lucipus
11-05-2018, 05:27 PM
I'll forward this feedback DragonBento, thank you for letting us know :)

This request is a small cosmetic. All temperatures of the planets you visit in Starlink are in Celsius format I am only able to read Fahrenheit is it possible to change this? Yes I’m American it was just a request...

WolfScarecrow29
11-10-2018, 05:21 AM
Now I know we have the many different elements but why don't we have lightning I need lightning weapon would be very useful as well as here's a suggestion for a ship for the PlayStation version why don't you try the Starhawk I know there's a lot of people who love that ship and pilot it's a suggestion I'm an avid player and I would love to see some more ships and weapons added to the genre specially lightning hope you can create some more I will keep buying and buying but I definitely would love a another guest pilot as well for all systems I I would definitely love to buy more ships and weapons what is your opinion

Ubi-Lucipus
11-15-2018, 12:43 PM
Thank you WolfScarecrow29 for your suggestions and feedback!

I will make sure to forward this for you :)

GOoDBuzZ0
11-23-2018, 02:19 AM
Service issues cant so any story missions it says that score will be unavailable for a while. For more info go to www.support.ubi.com and of corse this error code is : #4_17_1. Please fix it so i could enjoy the game.....

Thank you.

Ubi-Lucipus
11-23-2018, 11:25 AM
Sorry to hear that GOoDBuzZ0, for this issue you're best off going to The Crew forums (https://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/497-The-Crew) as this is for Starlink only :)

You can post in the technical forums or also reach out to support, I can see you already have the link.

Good luck!

tetradknights
11-25-2018, 03:13 AM
Headlights.
Exploring the interiors of wrecked ships gets pretty dark, particularly when it's nighttime planetside or in space.
It could even be incorporated into gameplay when scanning the more aggressive animals- flash them with your headlights to blind them so you can scan them without getting attacked.