PDA

View Full Version : Cant attack with ship. Crew wont throw spears/shoot arrows.

Mazit.
10-18-2018, 09:34 AM
Hi

My crew will most of the time, not be able to do anything i order them to during ship battles and such. Vid below:

I get the crosshair for throwing stuff, and they consume "ammo" and make the sound, but no animation shows them tossing/shooting anything, and ships dont get damaged.

Same goes for bracing, my character braces, but the crew stands still. This makes me unable to battle at sea(unless only ramming). Sometimes, it works, but Most of the time it does not. And sometimes they do shoot arrows/throw javs, but only like 1-5 (instead of full amount, which does close to no damage)

Could not find anyone else having this issue..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5VfCC7cdfs

Ubi-Town
10-18-2018, 01:45 PM
Hey,

Thanks for reporting this. I have made the game team aware of this and will be looking into that ASAP. Can I just check that if you fast travel to somewhere and go back to the ship that the issue is resolved temporarily?

Mazit.
10-24-2018, 12:30 PM
Yes it did. But it varied how long/short it took before it happened again.
Now though, it havent happened in 5+ hours atleast. Instead my game crashes every 1-2 hours :nonchalance: rip

Spidermonk111
11-15-2018, 07:41 PM
I'm sorry for the necro here but I wanted to say I've had this same type of issue happen during naval battles. I don't remember if my crew was crouched and unable to brace but they would only fire a few projectiles at a time making the attack useless.

I've only noticed in versus "alpha" ships (like the weekly ones) and usually after I use a fire attack. I saw someone else mention they had it happen after they shot immediately after ramming the target. It will typically resolve itself after boarding a ship but I can only do ram attacks when it happens. It's super frustrating to have that happen in the middle of an important fight.

PS: I haven't been able to check the new patch yet because of work but didn't see anything in the notes about this issue nor is it listed in the known issues thread.

Ubi-Gumdrops
11-16-2018, 10:04 AM
Hey Spidermonk111! Let me know if this persists after updating to 1.0.7 and we can investigate further.