PDA

View Full Version : Rework Lawbringer

Illyrian_King
10-17-2018, 11:37 PM
Please rework the Lawdaddy!

He is sooo much behind the roster and especially the new Wu Lin Heroes.

He is so bad in opening and everything gets parried if the enemy pays only little attention.

His damage is low considering what heavy weapon he wields and how slow he is.

Everything he does is slow and telegraphed.

Since the new perk system he also goes put of stam like crazy.

He is in a terrible spot right now ... more then ever before. Every FH player who just knows even a bit from this game will tell you that. Don't let the S6 win-los ratio deceive you.

Give him some love!

yfkutfui
10-17-2018, 11:42 PM
not before Raider in my opinion, that poor bugger has nothing,

OhHowSheGoingEh
10-17-2018, 11:46 PM
Please rework the Lawdaddy!

He is sooo much behind the roster and especially the new Wu Lin Heroes.

He is so bad in opening and everything gets parried if the enemy pays only little attention.

His damage is low considering what heavy weapon he wields and how slow he is.

Everything he does is slow and telegraphed.

Since the new perk system he also goes put of stam like crazy.

He is in a terrible spot right now ... more then ever before. Every FH player who just knows even a bit from this game will tell you that. Don't let the S6 win-los ratio deceive you.

Give him some love!

Why would they rework him when they just gave him a nerf?

OhHowSheGoingEh
10-17-2018, 11:47 PM
not before Raider in my opinion, that poor bugger has nothing,

The raider has so much more going for him than the lawbringer.

TSCDescon
10-17-2018, 11:49 PM
Law, Shug, Raider all need rework. But... knowing the devs and what they've said on the dens.

For Lawbringer,
Roman: "Learn to play lawbringer." Indicating Lawbringer is fine.

For Shugoki
(someone in den): "We don't know how to rework Shugoki. Poor Shugoki." Indicating that it was a mistake to put him in the game.

For Raider, haven't heard anything from the devs.

Vrbas1
10-17-2018, 11:55 PM
At least Raider has damage output and more viable mixups. He's also got a great stamina game and pressure. Lawbringer has...... shove on block.

.... which is still somehow overpowered according to many 😏

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-18-2018, 12:06 AM
Shugoki is an easy rework. Just undo all his nerfs and penalties (including parry to gb). Slightly Better tracking on DE. If a shugoki successfully counter guard breaks his HA stays up. There done.

yfkutfui
10-18-2018, 12:18 AM
The raider has so much more going for him than the lawbringer.

whats he got? 1. stun-tap variation, 2 Stampede Charge, 3. Most parried unblockable in the game.

that's it? no hyper Armour, no deflects, no bleeds, nada, nothing, i'm not saying for one second that the LB doesn't need some love but there's a bit of a meme about Raiders that just isn't deserved,

NHLGoldenKnight
10-18-2018, 12:25 AM
whats he got? 1. stun-tap variation, 2 Stampede Charge, 3. Most parried unblockable in the game.

that's it? no hyper Armour, no deflects, no bleeds, nada, nothing, i'm not saying for one second that the LB doesn't need some love but there's a bit of a meme about Raiders that just isn't deserved,

In terms of 4v4, he has stamina advantage, big one. Stamina feat plus new perk 3% per new renown level.

EvoX.
10-18-2018, 12:29 AM
+1 for all the Lawbringer mains out there.

Illyrian_King
10-18-2018, 12:29 AM
Why would they rework him when they just gave him a nerf?

Solid argument ... it perfectly fits in their balancing patterns.

Lawbringer and Shugoki should be on top of their priority list.

Raider is not "fine" by any means, but still one step above LB and Shug.

Unfortunately I am a fanatic LB main, and having hin this weak really reduces my Breach fun, eventhough he is way better in 4vs4 then in 1vs1. But often I face 1vs1 in Breach since the maps are so big (which is basically a good thing).

OhHowSheGoingEh
10-18-2018, 12:55 AM

What does lawbringers have? Shove on block and all three options after that are easy to deal with. Lawbringer has no hyper armor, no deflects and no bleed attacks. His shove on block is just an annoyance and that's all lawbringer is right now sadly. An annoyance.

teddy0teddy
10-18-2018, 08:47 AM
The chars that I think deserve some love in one form or another, this being anywhere from smaller buffs to being reworked completely.
Lawbringer, centurion, raider, warlord, shugoki, nobushi, shinobi and aramusha.

yfkutfui
10-18-2018, 03:52 PM
What does lawbringers have? Shove on block and all three options after that are easy to deal with. Lawbringer has no hyper armor, no deflects and no bleed attacks. His shove on block is just an annoyance and that's all lawbringer is right now sadly. An annoyance.

your evading the question, you are the one who claimed the Raider was in a far better spot than the LB, i listed what he (Raider) has and asked you how he is better than the LB?

you didn't answer because you don't have one, it seems fashionable to hate on the Raider but the fact is he has absolutely nothing, a crap move set and crap feats, the fact that he does as well as he does is a testament to the people who play him, doing a lot with very little, the LB does have more in my opinion, the pierce, the pancake flip, the shove, more bombs than a B52, a large HP pool, lets just say they both need attention, claiming that the Raider is better though is not true or fair.

Armosias
10-18-2018, 04:03 PM
your evading the question, you are the one who claimed the Raider was in a far better spot than the LB, i listed what he (Raider) has and asked you how he is better than the LB?

you didn't answer because you don't have one, it seems fashionable to hate on the Raider but the fact is he has absolutely nothing, a crap move set and crap feats, the fact that he does as well as he does is a testament to the people who play him, doing a lot with very little, the LB does have more in my opinion, the pierce, the pancake flip, the shove, more bombs than a B52, a large HP pool, lets just say they both need attention, claiming that the Raider is better though is not true or fair.

Pancake flip huh? That thing hit one time out of 10 tries and is punished by free GB you know.

Also please don't forget that Raider have hyper armor on stunning tap, which is much easier to use than shove since it is a dodge attack and a light coming from zone and heavies soft feints. Raider is also the only hero in For Honor with a dodge guardbreak

Illyrian_King
10-18-2018, 04:13 PM
Pancake flip huh? That thing hit one time out of 10 tries and is punished by free GB you know.

Also please don't forget that Raider have hyper armor on stunning tap, which is much easier to use than shove since it is a dodge attack and a light coming from zone and heavies soft feints. Raider is also the only hero in For Honor with a dodge guardbreak

1/10 times??

That would even be an improvement!

Raider has his out of stamina mix ups, higher damage output and an unblockable from neutral. And his stunning tap lands more often then a LB shove from neutral.

Raider is better then Lawbringer.

Both need a rework, but LB needs it harder, and this is also what every top tier player says.

Vrbas1
10-18-2018, 04:28 PM
I think my brain just might fall out, people actually believe Lawbringer > Raider

They both are in need of reworks, but LB's kit is abysmal when compared to Raider's. Again, LB has ONE move that keeps him from falling flat on his face (shove on block) and some people still have the nerve to complain about it in his current state.

NHLGoldenKnight
10-18-2018, 06:50 PM
I play both and it is much easier at least for me to play as Raider. Seems faster, better stamina , more useful moves overall which force enemy's reaction. With LB, it is very hard to do anything other than turtle and pray for your friends to come.

Look at that new heavy for God's sake. He is basically LB that can move fast as Nobushi with a lot of useful attacks and unblocakbles.

But to be fair, not only LB is severely damaged by new perk system. Conq, Shugo, Warlord, Valk are also not in greatest position.

Hormly
10-18-2018, 06:58 PM
A salute to anyone who refuses to abandon their OG mains no matter how obsolete they become

Illyrian_King
10-18-2018, 11:25 PM
A salute to anyone who refuses to abandon their OG mains no matter how obsolete they become

Unfortunately I love halberds and impressive plate armour ... and this sucker has both of it :/

If he just also had a viable kit ...

DefiledDragon
10-19-2018, 12:01 AM
Unfortunately I love halberds and impressive plate armour ... and this sucker has both of it :/

If he just also had a viable kit ...

Come on, you can block things and shove things. What more do you want?

NHLGoldenKnight
10-19-2018, 12:12 AM
I wish LB would get some use of long arm move. Move itself is cool but costs good chunk of stamina for basically nothing. If Valk can have heavy out of spear sweep why LB doesn't get heavy out of long arm , which is much harder to do than spear sweep?

DefiledDragon
10-19-2018, 12:17 AM
I wish LB would get some use of long arm move. Move itself is cool but costs good chunk of stamina for basically nothing. If Valk can have heavy out of spear sweep why LB doesn't get heavy out of long arm , which is much harder to do than spear sweep?

Call me paranoid but I really do believe that certain characters are designer favourites, I'm convinced of it and the more they rework the roster, the more convinced of this I become. Look at Shaman for example. She's got literally everything except a shield bash and that's only because she doesn't have a shield. She's clearly a designer favourite and part of the reason I despise her so much is because when I see her, I see the embodiment of everything that is wrong with this game.

Illyrian_King
10-19-2018, 12:22 AM
Come on, you can block things and shove things. What more do you want?

I would want that this was actually a viable mix up.

Also a parry punish ability on his slow heavies and hyperarmour on his heavies.

And more damage ... he looks like a truck but hits like a p*ssy

Edit: and also the "Tough As Nails" feat in multiplayer :3

Complete