PDA

View Full Version : XBox One X Stutter and Micro-Freezing

dethrattlehead
10-16-2018, 11:58 PM
The latest update has caused stuttering and moments where the game freezes for a moment. This needs a patch. Please acknowledge this issue and let us know when to expect a fix. Yes, Iíve cleared cache, restarted, etc.

Lucaspaulucci
10-17-2018, 02:57 AM
im waiting for a patch too , try to reset , reinstalll still the same

BARD00N
10-17-2018, 03:13 AM
I'm not having the stutter on my Xbox One X, but I am having weird controller disconnects. Trying a reinstall right now.

ubi--unicorn
10-17-2018, 08:00 PM
Hey guys, I've passed this along. If you have video of this issue, let me know!

Venarmastersith
10-17-2018, 10:21 PM
Hello Ubi Unicorn,
As request I capture some footage of the issue for you to pass along I just want to provide these specifics to help the dev team as well:

Patch version 1.04
Xbox One S gears of war 2tb edition
game runs on a external 4tb 7200rpm hard drive
cache has been clear, console hard reset, all saves deleted game restarted
I have noticed that as shown in the video that the freezing seems tied to how many objects the game renders in the distance, the larger and more detailed the LOD the faster these freezes occur

https://youtu.be/nYTV9gpq2pk

ubi--unicorn
10-17-2018, 10:26 PM
Thank you so much for the video and the details. Passing it along! :)

SingleFile
10-18-2018, 01:35 AM
Glad to see someone captured it. What I was experiencing was much worse than that and I was just running around. Has anyone else seeen the weird textures stretching upwards from downed enemies?

BARD00N
10-18-2018, 06:20 AM
I got the micro-freeze twice in my recent playthrough (played about two hours)

Lucaspaulucci
10-18-2018, 01:01 PM
The game sitll with same problem , stuttering and horrible frame rate after patch 1.05

Venarmastersith
10-18-2018, 02:54 PM
Unfortunately, it still stutters like my previous video even after trying a hard reset, power cycle, and clearing the cache.

bigky226
10-18-2018, 07:49 PM
Really was hoping this patch would resolve these issues... Thread was created over a week ago with 60+ replies of people encountering the same issue not sure how that was overlooked. Here's my video capture of it happening 0:27 is the timestamp it occurs, playing Physical edition on Xbox one X 4TB external HDD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGZjmoobGJc will be selling the game, as its unplayable in this state

ubi--unicorn
10-18-2018, 08:34 PM
Are all of you using external HDD? Please let me know so I can pass the information along. Thanks!

CyCOmuir
10-18-2018, 08:46 PM
I'm playing on Xbox One X and the framerate is really bad in the latest patch. It's unplayable.

Please, support us!

Zocker13095
10-18-2018, 09:22 PM
I also have the Disc Version, installed on the normal Internal Hard Drive of the Xbox one X. I also have a problem with micro stuttering when i ride on a horse and the game has to load in the new environment (kinda reminds me of skyrim where it would suddenly lag when it had to load in new Cells).

Buschkoeter
10-18-2018, 10:25 PM
Again, I also use an external hard drive and since 1.05 the game is literally unplayable. This is serious Ubi, the stutters were annoying but tolerable but now you turned the game into a slide show. Do something quick.

Venarmastersith
10-18-2018, 11:20 PM
Hi ubi unicorn,
I went ahead and test my copy by installing to the internal instead of the external and unfortunately the stuttering occurs at the same rate as on the external. It definitely seems to occurs when the game has to load in more of the map or load more thing I. The distance views

dethrattlehead
10-18-2018, 11:56 PM
Iím seriously getting fed up with us being ignored. Weíve all cleared cache, weíve all switched hard drive location, weíve all reset. We want a patch to fix it. This patch made things worse if anything. The game ran better at launch. Instead of passing things along, maybe pass an apology on to the customers with the promise of a fix, with timeline. So sick of paying tons of money just to have devs sabotage their own game.

Im sorry but Iím just so mad right now. I love this game but you keep breaking it.

Im using the internal drive btw, lol.

NgF Loki
10-19-2018, 09:00 AM
Same to me. I've also micro freeze.

Axios201885
10-19-2018, 10:42 AM
Xbox One S, micro freezer and stuttering especially at the sea after patch 1.05. Internal hard drive.

Lucaspaulucci
10-19-2018, 01:19 PM
Same here . Original xbox internal HD

Vex.Wrath
10-19-2018, 11:06 PM
Same with me. Xbox X on an external. Really frustrating and gamebreaking for me.

dethrattlehead
10-19-2018, 11:52 PM
Examples...

https://xboxclips.com/deathrattlehead/c49557ee-ffdf-4da8-97cd-acbafa615846

https://xboxclips.com/deathrattlehead/74e390d7-2938-40fa-b5f3-7a80c956f53e

These are mild examples. I keep forgetting to capture. The stuttering happens near the end of each clip. Iíd like to know the plans for a fix. Radio silence is unacceptable. Reddit is flooded with others saying the same as us.

dethrattlehead
10-20-2018, 12:56 AM
This is after a fresh install. Stuttering mess.

https://xboxclips.com/deathrattlehead/0c5ca839-393e-46fd-a3c7-638f7aa67ff8

https://xboxclips.com/deathrattlehead/1b946fd8-8939-4522-9b52-ef9df1b4afb4

Vex.Wrath
10-20-2018, 08:39 AM
Ok so Iíve done a bunch of playing around. Iíve got a 1440p monitor that lets me play in 4K HDR and I donít really understand it but from what Iíve seen, when I turn on HDR and 4K on the Xbox the game wonít stutter and chug out so hard while I play. The only reason I donít like to play in HDR is because it dims the screen horribly. Dunno if this will help ubi with anything but it seems to be their HDR settings effecting it

dethrattlehead
10-20-2018, 03:28 PM
I already play in HDR.. Hey Ubi, where are you??? Our games are broken.

Venarmastersith
10-20-2018, 11:29 PM
I tried:
4K no hdr - stutters
4K hdr - stutters
1080p - stutters
Unfortunately it seems like 4K and hdr has no effect on stutter.

dethrattlehead
10-21-2018, 03:07 PM
They need to fix this. The reddit page is loaded with people saying the stuttering has become game breaking.

solefever
10-21-2018, 05:57 PM
Hopefully a patch can be released soon for those having this issue. It's clearly a streaming bug. I'm over 160 hours played , running the game from an external SSD and have had no issues.

Dizzytaz00
10-21-2018, 06:08 PM
Last night i was playing. It micro stutter, froze &/or the green screen of death. It's happening atleast 3 times during game. Basically the game crashes & needs to relaunch the game. Now this getting to taunting! Paid for the ultimate version.

Spec: Xbox one S 1 TB

Samsung 850 evo 500 GB SSD external usb 3.0 drive adapter

Zocker13095
10-21-2018, 06:08 PM
It's not game braking but annoying. Most of the time it's 30fps with minor dips in cities.
You should have seen Kingdome Come Deliverance on release on Xbox THAT game was a mess it even struggled to keep 25fps on Xbox one X with lower then lowest PC settings xD
Compared to that mess AC Odyssey is godly optimized

ubi--unicorn
10-21-2018, 10:07 PM
Thanks for that information, I'll pass along the videos and the information you guys shared.

dethrattlehead
10-22-2018, 01:04 AM
Thanks for that information, I'll pass along the videos and the information you guys shared.

Thank you for responding. Reddit has tons of people with the same issue, so please keep on the team about this, lol. We love the game and just want to enjoy it.

Lucaspaulucci
10-22-2018, 05:21 PM
Im still waiting for a fix

FOX_1976_FOX
10-23-2018, 09:20 AM
I am sure the devs will answer with something like this" Sorry but we can not see any freezes or microstutters" They deny almost everything like usual.

eskimosound
10-23-2018, 08:48 PM
Doesn't Ubisoft test its games, why on Earth do you have to post a video of the Stuttering glitch, Ubi...just play your game on the Xbox One X you will find all the glitches...low resolution fish, stuttering and freezing, Loot that you cannot reach or get, Music stings that aren't there, Missions that don't run properly...they are all there, you don't need a forum to tell you, you need some in house game players to report to the coders.

Vizkos
10-23-2018, 09:27 PM
I am sure the devs will answer with something like this" Sorry but we can not see any freezes or microstutters" They deny almost everything like usual.

Or the classic "works on my box, RMA your box"

Venarmastersith
10-24-2018, 12:14 AM
Hey guys I donít have any available right now but could someone who is running on a ssd or has one they could use check and see if they have the microfreezing. This would help determine if the microfreezing is from a glitch introduced into asset streaming

Dizzytaz00
10-24-2018, 07:56 AM
I'm running Xbox one s 1TB with usb 3.0 adpater to a samsung 850 evo 500 GB ssd & still getting freezing, micro-stutter & crashing or green screen of death!

FOX_1976_FOX
10-24-2018, 11:17 AM
Doesn't Ubisoft test its games, why on Earth do you have to post a video of the Stuttering glitch, Ubi...just play your game on the Xbox One X you will find all the glitches...low resolution fish, stuttering and freezing, Loot that you cannot reach or get, Music stings that aren't there, Missions that don't run properly...they are all there, you don't need a forum to tell you, you need some in house game players to report to the coders.

It seems they never test their own games... and Ubisoft also does not believe and ignore the problems of their customers.

eskimosound
10-24-2018, 05:44 PM
It seems they never test their own games... and Ubisoft also does not believe and ignore the problems of their customers.
I think everyone should wait a Year before they buy any Ubisoft game because it takes about that long to iron out the bugs...except for The Crew which they never sorted out so you can never get 100% completion.
I also think Ubisoft should change there name to UbiBuggy...every game is glitch galore...still good though!

unbiased
10-24-2018, 09:54 PM
ive been away so not played for a week, maybe 10 days, but i have just updated game today and im getting same, hitches and stutters while playing
Im on xbox one x too, and didnt have the issue when i first started playing, definitely something over the last week thats causing it

BlessAndEscape
10-25-2018, 08:32 AM
I'm having exactly the same problem. Over the past couple of days it have progressively gotten worse to the point where it crashes after 5 minutes of game play, however the loading icon remains moving.
It crashes on the load screen when fast travelling.
Ubisoft told me to reload a previous save, did not fix the issue

bigky226
10-25-2018, 07:04 PM
Are we ever gonna get this resolved?! Second forum post with over 40+ replies just like the 1.04 forum post with 60+ replies of users encountering this...... And radio silence from Ubisoft really disappointing

Venarmastersith
10-26-2018, 02:52 PM
Hello, I am back. I tried a Samsung evo 850 and still have the stuttering problem. I was wondering if this has been added to the known issue list or if its going to be addressed in a upcoming patch?

Lucaspaulucci
10-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Ubisoft we need a answer

Venarmastersith
10-28-2018, 02:11 PM
Hey guys I don't know if you noticed but this has been added to the known issue list on Oct 22nd under

World streaming issue
Description: Sometimes the game temporarily freezes to load textures.

Our microfreezes are probably triggered by texture streaming in the distance, at least in my case that what it seems like cause they tend to happen worse in areas where large amounts of textures need to load in.

Venarmastersith
11-01-2018, 12:32 AM
Hello,

I was just curious if patch 1.06 addresses this bug at all and was wondering if a Ubisoft rep could answer. Thank you for your time and have a wonderful time.

bigky226
11-02-2018, 03:55 PM
Still happening after yesterdayís patch..... also mentioned no where in yesterdayís patch notes of being addressed. Really disappointed

Assassin 1512
11-10-2018, 09:23 PM
i have same issue since 1.04 i reinstalled the game and reset whole console nothing helped i did send support the video ( same issue like the video posted here ) i really hope for a fix because i have it for a month now :|

The_Long_Beard
11-12-2018, 08:10 PM
Brand new Xbox X, the game is unplayable. FPS is very bad making riding a horse almost impossible.

Glad I found this thread as I was thinking there was maybe something wrong with the box.

Just completed Red Dead Redemption 2, over 70 hours of game play without a hitch!

Lucaspaulucci
11-13-2018, 11:57 AM
I will not buy the season pass until this issue is fixed , im playing offline without any patch and the game runs well .

Lucaspaulucci
11-15-2018, 02:31 PM
The patch 1.07 fixed ?

Ubi-Gumdrops
11-15-2018, 03:30 PM
Hey Lucaspaulucci! The patch should be available on all platforms now, let us know if you're still encountering any issues.

Leemanchester05
11-15-2018, 04:14 PM
Its still not fixed...tried everything....internal and external..cleared cache etc..still freezes

Assassin 1512
11-16-2018, 03:07 AM
yeah didn't expect since in patch notes the issue wasn't mentioned...its been over a month now and still no fix this is really insane

Venarmastersith
11-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Hello,
I tried all the standard support recommendations both internal and external hard drives were tested but still stutters.Could a Ubisoft support person respond? Has the dev team be able to recreate the bug or do they need more data, screen shots, or video. A progress update would be appreciated. I want to enjoy the game and currently this is holding that up. Thank you for your time and have a wonderful day.

Ubi-Gumdrops
11-17-2018, 11:06 AM
Thanks for confirming guys, I've updated with this information to our development teams.

The_Long_Beard
11-19-2018, 06:14 PM
No change here. Still sitting with an expensive AAA title on the most popular console and unable to play it.... :nonchalance:

Malvarlo
11-20-2018, 03:49 PM
If anything the stutters have become worse for me since the latest patch. The duration of the stutters has increased greatly, before they were a minor nuisance and lasted less than a second, now they last 3 or 4 seconds and seem to happen more frequently.

Assassin 1512
11-25-2018, 10:51 PM
i also noticed they last longer sometimes really hope for a fix before dlc! ( to think before any patch game was flawless QQ )

Ubi-Bandicoot
11-26-2018, 01:14 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for reporting this to us everyone and I apologise you are still having issues. We would like to request the following information from you to help us investigate this further:

A video of the issue occurring
What console version you're playing on (Xbox One, One S, One X)
Whether your Xbox is in stock condition or any parts have been changed (e.g. hard disk)
Whether your game is installed on the Xbox or on an external drive.

Cheers :)

DesitituteCrab
11-26-2018, 06:17 PM
My wife and i both have this issue.. as of this morning.
We purchased the game some time ago and literally havent played it for more than 25 minutes, its unplayable micro freezing every 15 seconds.

I dont know why you keep asking for information, There is 7 pages of information.

Xbox one
Installed internally on one, externally on another.
No mods to xbox at all.

Game also micro freezes during cinematics... the frame rate is horrible.

Ryusennin
11-26-2018, 07:24 PM
For the record, on my standard PS4 I've also witnessed (once) a serious case of sustained micro-freezing in Athens.

I was standing on the southern city wall (where there's a breach) and casually looking around with the camera.

Everything was fine, but at some point the framerate suddenly plummeted down and the game consistently freezed every 1-2 seconds. The audio kept going but the game was obviously struggling to load something. It lasted for about a full minute after which, strangely enough, the framerate resumed normally. For the duration of the event I didn't move my character at all, so I don't know what the game was trying to load. I tried several times to reproduce the bug at the same place but couldn't succeed.

On the other hand, and I think it's somehow related to the same issue, on regular occasions I experience pauses when navigating in open seas, sometimes with the anachronic message "Loading". That happens even when there's not much happening around.

UbiMatcha
11-26-2018, 08:20 PM
Hey Ryusennin, thanks for the report.
If you encounter the issue again please let us now in the PS4 forums so we can get more visibility.

Thanks for the info DesitituteCrab, and welcome to the forum! This helps us report the issue in greater detail to the dev team. When you can, please provide a short video clip of this issue.

Cheers!

Ubi-Bandicoot
11-27-2018, 01:06 PM
My wife and i both have this issue.. as of this morning.
We purchased the game some time ago and literally havent played it for more than 25 minutes, its unplayable micro freezing every 15 seconds.

I dont know why you keep asking for information, There is 7 pages of information.

Xbox one
Installed internally on one, externally on another.
No mods to xbox at all.

Game also micro freezes during cinematics... the frame rate is horrible.

There's no such thing as too much information in this scenario.

Thanks for answering the questions and for posting your experience.

Sure, do you have any footage of this to demonstrate?

Venarmastersith
11-27-2018, 01:22 PM
This is information I posted on page 1: but is still a good example of what I am experiencing as of the most recent patch should note I also tried internal hard drive and same result:

Hello Ubi Unicorn,
As request I capture some footage of the issue for you to pass along I just want to provide these specifics to help the dev team as well:

Patch version 1.04
Xbox One S gears of war 2tb edition
game runs on a external 4tb 7200rpm hard drive
cache has been clear, console hard reset, all saves deleted game restarted
I have noticed that as shown in the video that the freezing seems tied to how many objects the game renders in the distance, the larger and more detailed the LOD the faster these freezes occur

https://youtu.be/nYTV9gpq2pk

Ubi-Bandicoot
11-27-2018, 02:49 PM
Thanks for keeping us updated with that and I can see what you mean

Assassin 1512
11-27-2018, 11:37 PM
I sent video to support so I donít see why you need more videos..itís been more than a month with this issue I really hope you fix it before first dlc comes out!

Ubi-Bandicoot
11-28-2018, 12:24 PM
I sent video to support so I don’t see why you need more videos..it’s been more than a month with this issue I really hope you fix it before first dlc comes out!

If you've already sent your video we don't need more from you, it was simply a reminder post for those who haven't yet and a status update

Lucaspaulucci
11-29-2018, 06:40 PM
The new patch changed something about struttering ?g

Venarmastersith
11-29-2018, 09:26 PM
I played for half an hour post patch and reboot and I am not seeing any freezing will do a longer play through tonight and update

WickedClownz00
11-29-2018, 09:42 PM
I've been playing about 6 hours since the patch today and no stutters or freezes as of yet, either. Glad to see this finally got fixed. Now just waiting on a fix for the conversation bug that was mentioned in another thread.

Lucaspaulucci
12-02-2018, 01:42 PM
My game is running well now after 2 hours of gameplay and no strutters at all

bigky226
12-02-2018, 06:50 PM
I also wanted to reply, and just say thanks to any Ubisoft employees who brought the attention to the devs about this. Im so happy I can finally play this now! Played for 3 hours last night and never encountered the micro stutter. Thanks guys!

Assassin 1512
12-04-2018, 01:24 PM
I got a stutter freeze thing while I was on boat today! :( it was only one but wanted to report..I didnít have any freezes since three fix until today hopefully was the one and only

Ubi-Mullac
12-04-2018, 02:24 PM
Happy to see everything has been sorted on your guys' end!

Lucaspaulucci
12-06-2018, 11:51 AM
Thanks Ubisoft for the attention

UbiMorning
12-07-2018, 01:24 AM
Thank you for your guys' help reporting this issue :D

MilkyMudbut
12-28-2018, 11:05 PM
Having a lot of mentioned issues. Iím on an x and it started a couple days ago. I decided it was a good time for a breather so I shut the system down un plugged everything then came back after 24hrs. It started with my controller disconnecting intermittently then the frame rate issues. I have videos on my live account but idk how to post them here...yet. Maybe my phone. Any advise would be great as I seems Iíve tried everything and the problem seemed to resolve itself for some.

MilkyMudbut
12-29-2018, 06:13 AM
https://youtu.be/oiTdro68mlI

https://youtu.be/oI6b-vnSb7o

Hereís some video evidence

Ubi-Gumdrops
12-29-2018, 10:13 AM
Hey there! Thanks for the additional report, can you try the remaining troubleshooting steps in our support article (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000026628/Basic-Xbox-One-Troubleshooting)? Let me know if the situation improves for you.

brandoncampos84
05-10-2019, 08:59 AM
Unfortunately, it still stutters like my previous video even after trying a hard reset, power cycle, and clearing the cache.

Any update on this? My game freezes for up to 7 minutes at a time. Hard reset and clearing cache fixes it for less than an 30 minutes, then problem comes back even harder.

I didn't always have this problem, it started happening a maybe a month or 2 after I got the game on the release date.

Ubi-Keo
05-10-2019, 10:20 AM
@brandoncampos84 I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this, it is not a known issue.

We had several reports in the past but nothing recently. An update that was released last year seems to have fixed the issue.

I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the game and any DLC you may own and make sure the latest update (1.2.1) is installed then try again. I would also recommend installing the game onto your internal hard drive if you haven't already done so and make sure there is still plenty of space available afterwards.

If you have a disc version of the game please check to make sure there are no marks or scratches and if so try to clean the disc with a lint free cloth.

If the issue still persists please try these troubleshooting steps (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000026628/Basic-Xbox-One-Troubleshooting) if you haven't already done so.

Sonia2312
05-11-2019, 12:17 PM
This is the exact same problem that I have been reporting, been going on for ages.

Sonia2312
05-27-2019, 02:34 PM
Put in a support ticket and supplied videos of this problem, I have had a reply,
"This issue has been reported to our development team, although I am sorry to say we do not have a timescale for a fix at this time"

JenovaQProject
06-17-2019, 06:22 PM
I have micro freezing still, on a Day One Xbone. The game is installed on a 2TB 7200 RPM external USB drive. It's too sporadic to report on what exactly triggers this outside of riding from place to place on a horse, sorry.