PDA

View Full Version : Nuxia Deflect

Gianturion
10-16-2018, 11:33 PM
So... why can Nuxia's deflect be blocked? Like,seriously,this has been an issue since the Open Test,I can't believe you did nothing about it. What's the point of mastering the deflect if it can get blocked? And once again Nuxia is the worst Wu Lin hero,why am I not surprised. Still,I love Marching Fire,I haven't had this much fun in a long time playing an assassin (Nuxia is my very first assassin and I want to master her).

VinDieseII69
10-16-2018, 11:59 PM
yup, annoying af. always ubi ****ing **** up. im not surprised

Cyroy95
10-17-2018, 12:04 AM
She does have lightning quick lights, 20dmg heavy parry punish and after a parry, if you start your mix ups you're almost guaranteed to get a trap off for 35 or 45 damage. We'll see how she does

Gianturion
10-17-2018, 12:07 AM
I'm not saying she's really bad. Her traps can be useful once in a while,since they rarely work (especially the one with the zone),but her deflect being blocked is unacceptable and she has to rely on light attacks. Say you meet a Lawbringer who can parry every single light you throw at him and knows when you're going to use a trap (since it's not so hard to react to),what are you going to do? Turtle up? Deflect so that your attack gets blocked and you gained nothing?

Lord_Cherubi
10-17-2018, 07:47 AM
I hope they fix it soon, i don't think you can block any other light deflect in the game. But im loving the new characters!

Helnekromancer
10-17-2018, 07:50 AM
I haven't played Nuxia on PvP been trying to learn her and Breach. And with my MMR I'm always fighting against lvl 3 bots, which is not a problem but they punish every nuetral you throw out, so I tried to rely on deflects... NOPE the lvl 3 bot DEFLECTS MY DEFLECT and punishes me..... Yea I'm not playing her in PvAI anymore, that ****s nuts.

Lord_Cherubi
10-17-2018, 08:01 AM
I haven't played Nuxia on PvP been trying to learn her and Breach. And with my MMR I'm always fighting against lvl 3 bots, which is not a problem but they punish every nuetral you throw out, so I tried to rely on deflects... NOPE the lvl 3 bot DEFLECTS MY DEFLECT and punishes me..... Yea I'm not playing her in PvAI anymore, that ****s nuts.

Yeah i tried her out in training and the lvl1 bot blocked it every single time. It's fast as hell but im rep 48 so i get matched with people between 50-150 rep levels constantly and since it always comes out on the same direction i don't see how im supposed to fool anyone with it in PvP :P

Klingentaenz3r
10-17-2018, 08:54 AM
So... why can Nuxia's deflect be blocked? Like,seriously,this has been an issue since the Open Test,I can't believe you did nothing about it. What's the point of mastering the deflect if it can get blocked? And once again Nuxia is the worst Wu Lin hero,why am I not surprised. Still,I love Marching Fire,I haven't had this much fun in a long time playing an assassin (Nuxia is my very first assassin and I want to master her).

it can be blocked but it is 40 dmg and it is the only deflect so far that can switch attacking directions after initiation. So try that maybe. Otherwise it is a tool against attacks with higher recovery.

Lord_Cherubi
10-17-2018, 09:21 AM
it can be blocked but it is 40 dmg and it is the only deflect so far that can switch attacking directions after initiation. So try that maybe. Otherwise it is a tool against attacks with higher recovery.

Wait it can come from any direction?? Well i guess it's very much intented to be able to block it then :P

Klingentaenz3r
10-17-2018, 07:19 PM
Well I have to correct myself a bit on that. Not after the deflect you can change the direction of the attack but the attack comes out from the direction where you had your guard before. Meaning Nuxia's deflect works best as a defending substition (concentration to block one side then use deflect for another and get the damage in) if you however have your guard switched to the direction the attack comes from you get blocked.

Knight_Raime
10-17-2018, 07:42 PM
She does have lightning quick lights, 20dmg heavy parry punish and after a parry, if you start your mix ups you're almost guaranteed to get a trap off for 35 or 45 damage. We'll see how she does

her 400ms lights are her only saving grace. traps are reactable. You can stuff them every time with a 500ms light. Parrying doesn't net you a trap because your guard is down during the parry. meaning it whiffs. Even if what you said was true there is no reason for her deflect to not be guaranteed. It is for every other assassin. And her deflect doesn't have any effect to it. it's just damage.

Knight_Raime
10-17-2018, 07:44 PM
Well I have to correct myself a bit on that. Not after the deflect you can change the direction of the attack but the attack comes out from the direction where you had your guard before. Meaning Nuxia's deflect works best as a defending substition (concentration to block one side then use deflect for another and get the damage in) if you however have your guard switched to the direction the attack comes from you get blocked.

There was a video back during the last test that showed the person being deflected has plenty of time to switch and parry it or deflect it. Meaning against any good player it's never going to land.

HazelrahFirefly
10-17-2018, 11:09 PM
There was a video back during the last test that showed the person being deflected has plenty of time to switch and parry it or deflect it. Meaning against any good player it's never going to land.

As a level 14 Nuxia I have already given up on the deflect. Its 100% pointless lol. Every person I fight ALREADY knows how to block it, and yeah, you're right that some of them parry it as well.

I've found that throwing a trap has a higher success rate after her deflect, and the heavy attack to throw the trap has a delay haha.

I can see it being used in the chaos of 4v4s perhaps, but never in a duel or against someone who is competent.

Knight_Raime
10-17-2018, 11:27 PM
As a level 14 Nuxia I have already given up on the deflect. Its 100% pointless lol. Every person I fight ALREADY knows how to block it, and yeah, you're right that some of them parry it as well.

I've found that throwing a trap has a higher success rate after her deflect, and the heavy attack to throw the trap has a delay haha.

I can see it being used in the chaos of 4v4s perhaps, but never in a duel or against someone who is competent.

The sad thing about her is that her kit would actually be very good if traps themselves were good. Because her entire kit loops with itself. And the ability to direct someone with an attack in a team fight would be very valuable. She only really needs the deflect fix and some number adjustments to her kit and she'd be golden.

DefiledDragon
10-17-2018, 11:53 PM

Only level 14? You need to get off the forums and into the game :P