PDA

View Full Version : The complete mindblow (AC Origins and AC Odyssey Spoiler)

LxrdXfTheDead
10-16-2018, 09:02 PM
Hey guys, I just played through the entire Odyssey and Origins as well

If AC: Origins is the story of how the Assassin's are created, then is AC: Odyssey the story of how the Templars are created?
Given the ending of Aspasia and Alexios

Olympus2018
10-17-2018, 02:21 PM
Who is Aspasia?

cawatrooper9
10-17-2018, 02:41 PM
Who is Aspasia?

Big spoiler

The Ghost of Kosmos

Zarrastro
10-17-2018, 11:01 PM
ooooo big reveal. It was obvious. I like how one of the clues is "The Ghost is a woman" when you can PLAINLY SEE IT after acquiring any one of the clues.
I don't know what to make of the Cult. I like to think it's unrelated, just a small group focused on pursuing Leonidas bloodline and acquire their power.

GrimAran
10-18-2018, 08:21 AM
They could totally be a separate group. This is a world with hidden magic items that can bend minds and/or give visions. There's gonna be more than one group who finds one and decides to abuse it for power.

Stogey2413
10-22-2018, 09:35 PM
The Order was around since 1334 BC: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Order_of_the_Ancients

So they're separate groups, but with similar ideology and methods. In fact, if the Cult had not been exterminated, there would have been an interesting clash and/or partnership between the Cult controlling Greece and the Order controlling Egypt when the latter became occupied by Alexander the Great's forces. As it is, destroying the Cult makes way for the Order to have it's influence spread over Greece, Egypt, and Rome without challenge by the start of Origins. I believe this is what Aspasia is alluding to in her final dialogue with Kass/Alexios.

cawatrooper9
10-22-2018, 09:58 PM
The Order was around since 1334 BC: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Order_of_the_Ancients

So they're separate groups, but with similar ideology and methods. In fact, if the Cult had not been exterminated, there would have been an interesting clash and/or partnership between the Cult controlling Greece and the Order controlling Egypt when the latter became occupied by Alexander the Great's forces. As it is, destroying the Cult makes way for the Order to have it's influence spread over Greece, Egypt, and Rome without challenge by the start of Origins. I believe this is what Aspasia is alluding to in her final dialogue with Kass/Alexios.

Yeah, my guess is that if Aspasia lives, then she somehow allies herself with the Order.

She clearly doesn't found it or anything, but I could see her goals aligning with them.

Stogey2413
10-23-2018, 03:59 PM
Yeah, my guess is that if Aspasia lives, then she somehow allies herself with the Order.

She clearly doesn't found it or anything, but I could see her goals aligning with them.

Definitely. She has a total Templar/OOA ideology. The only thing that throws me off is her mention of implementing chaos which is more associated with Assassin's, in opposition to order, which is definitely the Templar model. Although, I guess it could be argued now that the Assassin's work towards balance rather than complete chaos. Sure they're all about freedom, which can be thought of as chaos, but they also work to uphold justice and democracy, so in a sense that's also associated with order.

cawatrooper9
10-23-2018, 08:45 PM
Definitely. She has a total Templar/OOA ideology. The only thing that throws me off is her mention of implementing chaos which is more associated with Assassin's, in opposition to order, which is definitely the Templar model. Although, I guess it could be argued now that the Assassin's work towards balance rather than complete chaos. Sure they're all about freedom, which can be thought of as chaos, but they also work to uphold justice and democracy, so in a sense that's also associated with order.

Yeah, I think the series has shown that the lines between chaos/freedom and order/oppression are not as distinct as the Templars and Assassins might believe. We see the Templars constantly using chaos to achieve their goals, while Altair notes in his ironies of the Creed that the Assassins, by virtue of being an organization, adhere to some form of order.

Instead, I think it's more of the ends that they're looking for. Both sides essentially want peace, but the Assassins want it through freedom, while the Templars believe control is necessary. The means by which they get to those ends have varied quite a bit, though.