PDA

View Full Version : Which character is easiest for a geriatric like me to use?

RD_Rabin
10-16-2018, 07:07 PM
I fail the final fight with the champion guy (sword/shield) in the Tutorial... 8 times in a row ...

I manage everything up to then, but I get him down to 40% health and he goes bat-crazy and I miss too many blocks with the two-handed axe guy in that Tutorial. I panic a lot once he starts hitting me in the face and I'm flicking the thumb-stick to the right positions but TOO LATE on 2 out of 3 of them.

Is there any character that I have a chance to 'get good' with, without needing teenage reaction times? :cool:

[Yes, I am retired. I have arthritis. My brain has slowed down. My fingers hurt - but I still want to PLAY this game!!] ;)

Energized_
10-16-2018, 07:13 PM
easy character hmmm... Conqueror or warlord , but you need to have some kind of reactions for all of them .. but i guess playing characters where you can change and stay in your defence location/stance (what ever) should be a character that you should be able to handle ..

DefiledDragon
10-16-2018, 07:18 PM
There are characters that have what's called a "full block" stance, which will basically block an attack from any direction. You're vulnerable to guard breaks and unblockable attacks (and possibly other counters, I don't use shield based heroes so I'm not 100% sure), but you can activate full block stance by simply moving the right stick down. I believe it applies to all(?) of the shield bearing characters. Conqueror would likely be a good choice as he requires much less effort to succeed than other characters, but any of the shield bearers might give you an easier time of it when it comes to defending. Practice is your strongest ally however and time spent in the training arena is never time wasted. In practising you will also start to recognise animation queues that will make enemy attacks more readable, giving you more time to react and causing you to "panic" less.

I see you're based in the UK. If you're on PC I'd be happy to play a few matches with you and give you whatever help I can.

Maxime_Qc-
10-16-2018, 07:29 PM
If you're on ps4 add me (Maxime_Qc-)

I do a lot of training and private match with friends !

We'll find you the right one that fits you ! 😉✌

UbiInsulin
10-16-2018, 08:05 PM
I fail the final fight with the champion guy (sword/shield) in the Tutorial... 8 times in a row ...

I manage everything up to then, but I get him down to 40% health and he goes bat-crazy and I miss too many blocks with the two-handed axe guy in that Tutorial. I panic a lot once he starts hitting me in the face and I'm flicking the thumb-stick to the right positions but TOO LATE on 2 out of 3 of them.

Is there any character that I have a chance to 'get good' with, without needing teenage reaction times? :cool:

[Yes, I am retired. I have arthritis. My brain has slowed down. My fingers hurt - but I still want to PLAY this game!!] ;)

First of all, thank you for sticking with it. The determination is admirable!

Reactions are going to end up mattering for every hero. I would probably avoid Assassins due to their reflex guard, which will definitely not be fun if you prefer to be less reactive. :)

ArmoredChocobo
10-16-2018, 08:39 PM
Probably be best with characters with an all-block like Warlord or Conqueror, preferably Conqueror because you can get more aggressive as him with shield bash.

RD_Rabin
10-16-2018, 09:31 PM
Thank you all for the advice. I am on PS4, because sofas are comfortable ;)

I bought the new expansion and probably won't be able to play any of them, but god loves a tryer, as us oldies say.

I will play the solid block shield characters as that sounds like one less level of panic to deal with, and that's always good. Practice may pay off yet!

Hopefully, one day I'll be good enough to attempt the other characters - maybe in the new arcade section where nobody can see me... :cool: