PDA

View Full Version : Got "order failed" - bank informed me that the payment was accepted

DerSpiegelmann
10-16-2018, 04:14 PM
As the title says, really.

Happened when trying to purchase AC Odyssey.

I expected it to be a simple case of "transaction failed, no problem, you won't get charged" kind of thing, as stated in Ubi's FAQ. However, I was told by my bank that Ubisoft ACCEPTED the payment, which turns this into a somewhat alarming situation (for me anyway, of course). My bank claims they can't do anything and that I will need to deal with Ubisoft.
Already opened a case with support AND contacted them via Facebook, but in all honesty I'm not holding my breath...

Any input you guys might want to share?
Thanks in advance.

UbiGabrinth
10-16-2018, 06:38 PM
While there is the possibility that something has changes in our system that I am unaware of, all signs in our system point to the transaction not completing. No money was received by us for your purchase. This should be a temporary charge that is returned to your account within a few business days.

DerSpiegelmann
10-16-2018, 06:57 PM
Thank you for your reply.

I certainly hope that is the case; again, my bank states that the transaction WAS completed and that Ubisoft DID accept the payment.

An user on Reddit had the exact same issue; the only difference was that he paid with Paypal, while I used my credit card. The game showed up on his account the moment he opened a case with Paypal...

Guess I'll wait a few days.

DerSpiegelmann
10-16-2018, 08:27 PM
Update: I have a screenshot of the app that allows me to manage and track my credit card purchases, where you can see that Ubisoft DID authorize the payment.

UbiGabrinth
10-16-2018, 08:41 PM
It's a pending charge that will be dropped within 5-7 business days. If that doesn't happen please reach out again. I've never seen a case where a transaction does not shows as completed but we've actually received any funds from you.

GamingMetJayJay
10-22-2018, 01:46 PM
As the title says, really.

Happened when trying to purchase AC Odyssey.

I expected it to be a simple case of "transaction failed, no problem, you won't get charged" kind of thing, as stated in Ubi's FAQ. However, I was told by my bank that Ubisoft ACCEPTED the payment, which turns this into a somewhat alarming situation (for me anyway, of course). My bank claims they can't do anything and that I will need to deal with Ubisoft.
Already opened a case with support AND contacted them via Facebook, but in all honesty I'm not holding my breath...

Any input you guys might want to share?
Thanks in advance..