PDA

View Full Version : Shinobi

The_Wanderer_I
10-15-2018, 03:34 AM
They need to reduce the damage on his lights and heavies. They do way to much damage for an assassin

GayForShugoki
10-15-2018, 04:38 AM
But he does so much damage due to the fact he can be 2 hit. He's a glass cannon, as Assassins should be.

Also, "They do way to much damage for an assassin" made me laugh.

ChampionRuby50g
10-15-2018, 06:37 AM
He has 110 HP, 10 less than 120 which is the standard. Shinobi also has a feat which grants him health on connected hits, and is also the hero with the highest DPS, unless Iím mistaken. Is his health enough to justify that, considering he is also the most agile hero?

Klingentaenz3r
10-15-2018, 02:21 PM
He has 110 HP, 10 less than 120 which is the standard. Shinobi also has a feat which grants him health on connected hits, and is also the hero with the highest DPS, unless I’m mistaken. Is his health enough to justify that, considering he is also the most agile hero?

I would say no. So I personally would see a slight damage nerf justified. But then again: You have Shaolin (who has a much broader kit) now who just got his triple side lights buffed to 24 as well so I guess that is justified somehow.

PepsiBeastin
10-15-2018, 02:58 PM
I'd much rather the range of his lights to be decreased a bit rather than his damage. Though, many characters have way more range than they actually should so whatever

Gabeeee.
10-15-2018, 03:39 PM
Shinobi really doesn't need a nerf if anything he needs a buff or a rework

UbiInsulin
10-15-2018, 07:06 PM
I'd much rather the range of his lights to be decreased a bit rather than his damage. Though, many characters have way more range than they actually should so whatever

Why would you prefer this to a straight-up damage change? Just curious.

Knight_Raime
10-15-2018, 07:26 PM
His entire damage profile is busted. The fact that more people are not aware of this just means people don't actually understand the game on an even semi deep level.
His damage is almost as bad as pk's pre rework.

PepsiBeastin
10-15-2018, 07:34 PM
Why would you prefer this to a straight-up damage change? Just curious.

If you take a look at his lights in-game, shinobi lunges forward for a good distance in order to bring himself close enough to strike. Reducing this distance would decrease his "spamminess" aka light usability, which would make shinobi a bit harder to use for less experienced players. Since shinobi would have a slightly more difficult time landing light attacks, less of them will land in total, therefore lessening the impact of his higher than average damage. Furthermore, this can be a good gateway into slightly increasing the strength of the rest of his kit, since the tried and true method of sliding in, hitting a double light, then backflipping out would be much more risky. Rather than staying at a safer distance shinobi would have to stay in your face in order to "abuse" his light attacks, which would put him at more risk. However, more experienced shinobi players would greatly benefit from buffs in other area's of shinobi's kit.

Diettiger2017
10-15-2018, 07:37 PM
Gotta admit I think heís strong with gain health on killing heroes feat and health feat on hits I take on Gankís so easy maybe a slight balance is needed not sure where tho.

Diettiger2017
10-15-2018, 07:38 PM
Plus I believe heís the only hero that can knock down in revenge with a kick and I mean the deflect kick

Knight_Raime
10-15-2018, 07:41 PM
Plus I believe he’s the only hero that can knock down in revenge with a kick and I mean the deflect kick

Yes infact that is involved in his touch of death combo. I admit said combo is situational. But the fact that he can ToD someone at all is insane.

Diettiger2017
10-15-2018, 07:46 PM
Think itís a mistake they overlooked as itís a deflect? All other heroís were stopped from doing it.

Knight_Raime
10-15-2018, 07:50 PM
Think it’s a mistake they overlooked as it’s a deflect? All other hero’s were stopped from doing it.

Most certainly. Devs miss things all the time.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-15-2018, 08:04 PM
I've brought this up before but Shinobi gets two different gb mechanics. ..the only character who does.
However I don't find Shinobis to be an issue they are annoying but easily swatted by most other classes.

iadvisoryi
10-15-2018, 09:01 PM
This has to be one of the worst threads I've read In awhile. Yea let's nerf the dmg on the character with the lowest health, let's not talk about kensei, Highlander, warden, shaman, centurion damage.

Let's talk about nerfing a nearly non viable 4v4 character since he gets two shot and gear exists. Why in the world out of all the characters who actually need nerfed or buffed would we give the attention to shinobi?!!! I bet anyone of you who either doesn't play him or struggles to play against him are probably the same people that complained and got aramusha nerfed and killed with this upcoming patch.

Please as a community can we talk about necessary changes and not nit picking at a character who is totally fine? Conq nerf, warden sb speed nerf, Highlander dmg, kensei damage, nobushi buff, aramusha buff, valk light speed nerf, orochi light speed nerf, pk massive buff or rework, goki changes, shaman speed or dmg nerf, anything relevent and needed.

PepsiBeastin
10-15-2018, 09:03 PM
Yes infact that is involved in his touch of death combo. I admit said combo is situational. But the fact that he can ToD someone at all is insane.

https://youtu.be/GYMTXa71rQI
Is this the "touch of death" combo I hear about every now and then? I don't even see much info on it yet alone see it used practically. If you have revenge you're most likely in a 1VX scenario, and the other opponents aren't gonna just let you do all this. (This is with gear stats off, since they're going away anyways)

Devils-_-legacy
10-15-2018, 09:07 PM
Is this the "touch of death" combo I hear about every now and then? I don't even see much info on it yet alone see it used practically. If you have revenge you're most likely in a 1VX scenario, and the other opponents aren't gonna just let you do all this. (This is with gear stats off, since they're going away anyways)

Yes

chukblok
10-15-2018, 09:23 PM
This has to be one of the worst threads I've read In awhile. Yea let's nerf the dmg on the character with the lowest health, let's not talk about kensei, Highlander, warden, shaman, centurion damage.

Let's talk about nerfing a nearly non viable 4v4 character since he gets two shot and gear exists. Why in the world out of all the characters who actually need nerfed or buffed would we give the attention to shinobi?!!! I bet anyone of you who either doesn't play him or struggles to play against him are probably the same people that complained and got aramusha nerfed and killed with this upcoming patch.

Please as a community can we talk about necessary changes and not nit picking at a character who is totally fine? Conq nerf, warden sb speed nerf, Highlander dmg, kensei damage, nobushi buff, aramusha buff, valk light speed nerf, orochi light speed nerf, pk massive buff or rework, goki changes, shaman speed or dmg nerf, anything relevent and needed.

I really dont like shinobi...but i must agree here. hes fine....leave him alone. hes frustrating to play against but in 4v4 if you catch him off guard you can kill him in 2-3 hits. Normally if i get caught by a good one i accept my quick death. hes designed that way. what would be the point of a glass cannon without the cannon part???
So now that ive defended your shinobi..please leave my HL alone :)) hes so darn slow..its painful.

Knight_Raime
10-15-2018, 09:23 PM

Close. i'm struggling to find the video. but it was a training room video where the bot was valk.

OhHowSheGoingEh
10-15-2018, 09:43 PM
But he does so much damage due to the fact he can be 2 hit. He's a glass cannon, as Assassins should be.

Also, "They do way to much damage for an assassin" made me laugh.

He has 110 health, as far as I'm aware only the Shugoki can 2 shot the Shinobi without gear score.

He does 24 damage with his double lights. They nerfed the orochi and warden double lights why is the Shinobi exempt from this?
Some Shinobi was hitting me for 32 with his double lights how is that balanced? ( That was in dominion and he wasn't in revenge. I think it was 19 the first hit followed by 13 for the second. )
35 damage from sickle rain plus the 6 damage you get from inflicting the bleed plus the 12 bleed damage, totalling 53 damage.

vsOroParryOnly
10-16-2018, 06:04 AM

True, we shinobis are an extinct race, and the double light is literally our only option, not even any of our heavy is viable for HIGH SKILL PLAY, our long range poke is easy to block and 90% of my thrown sickle rain combo (from idle) always gets heavily punished because it's THAT easy, if you're hit by that, you're bad. Also we're hardcore dodger, because we have the second shortest reflex guard.
(if we baited your recovery into our sickle rain hits, you're outplayed).

If you're losing to one of the bottom half/worse spectrum of weaker heroes, git gud man.

Gabeeee.
10-19-2018, 10:55 PM
The only way for him to get his high dps move is if you fall for the 50/50 where half of that 50/50 does no damage or if you whiff so be careful agaisnt shinobi backflip