PDA

View Full Version : Crashing constantly

Qraus
10-14-2018, 05:15 PM
Game only runs for a few minutes and then crashes. Iíve rebuilt database, reinstalled game, restored licenses and still canít play the game. This started happening in Elis.

I fast traveled away from Elis and the game stopped crashing. I traveled back to Elis and was able to quest for a little while. I saved my game and quit playing for a while. I later loaded my save where I stopped questing in Elis and the game immediately crashed again.

Iím starting to think itís tied to using Ikaros. I can consistently make it crash trying to use him in that region.

marc5916
10-14-2018, 05:50 PM
Have you other saves to try?

Preferable manual ones.

It could be save related.

Qraus
10-14-2018, 07:37 PM
Iíve tried but it only happens in Elis. I can also use a save that crashes in Elis and fast travel somewhere else and it wonít crash.

marc5916
10-14-2018, 08:06 PM
Are all saves affected from this?

Does it happen at day or night shift?

Do you walk until that location or do you use the horse?

I can try that if i get home.

I also got those quests from Daphne, but can't do those as I'm only level 16!

ghost4luck
10-20-2018, 09:14 PM
On my PS4 Pro game crashes in Elis too. And it happens only when I fly by Ikarus.

KeesMcQueen
10-22-2018, 06:44 PM
Yeah, Iíve been getting crashes (error code ce-34878-0) in Elis as well. Often when switching between Ikaros and the main character.
My game is updated to 1.0.5 and Iím playing on a PS4 Pro running firmware 6.02.

ubi--unicorn
10-22-2018, 10:09 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the report. What version is your game?

BlacknGold42
10-23-2018, 12:58 AM
I'm having the same problem with random crashes. My game has the latest patch and my ps4 pro has 6.02 patch. None of my other games do this.

ImAceYourNot
10-26-2018, 05:02 AM
This just happened to me too in Elis, i am also on PS4 Pro and Ikarus crashed the game at least 4 times in this region.

KeesMcQueen
10-29-2018, 04:52 PM
Is there any indication on when or how to fix this, because at this point I can't go further in the game without finishing the Olympia questline.

KeesMcQueen
11-01-2018, 10:20 PM
I can confirm that this (crashes occurring in Elis when switching between Ikaros and the main character) still happens as of patch 1.06.

SnakeLocke
11-02-2018, 01:45 AM
Patch 1.06, PS4 PRO. I have the same issue. The game is unplayable in Elis when using Ikaros in it. It crashes only in Elis, it's fine in other places.

Please Ubisoft fix this becuase it's a game breaking glitch.

Rarityyay
11-03-2018, 01:25 PM
Been having the same issue since 1.05 and now in 1.06, crashing and getting error CE-34878-0 when using Ikaros in Elis. Mostly when flying over the swamp or the beach.

Tried on two different PS4 pros, both with 6.02. Tried using earlier saves too, but I dont have that many saves overall so I cant to back all that much.

This only happens in Elis btw, other zones are fine.

takirulZ
11-06-2018, 04:09 PM
Hi. I have the same error. PS4 Pro patch 1.06. Fix please ubi

ubi--unicorn
11-07-2018, 11:19 PM
Are you getting an error code when it crashes?

Rarityyay
11-07-2018, 11:26 PM
Are you getting an error code when it crashes?

Yes, CE-34878-0, did you read our posts? 😊

I want to add that I have tried to rebuild the database on my ps4 pro twice as well, forgot to mention that earlier!

feisters
11-12-2018, 07:24 PM
Having the same problem as described in thread.

Getting crashes in Elis on PS4 Pro when switching to Ikaros., Error code CE-34878-0.

BillyBoy182
11-14-2018, 06:56 AM
I am getting CE-34878-0. I uninstalled the game, re-downloaded and works again on 1.00, but crashes at Ubisoft logo if I dare download 1.06. I reinitialized with software reinstall so and tried downloading 1.06 again with literally no other data on my ps4. All my other games work just fine. it is definitely this 1.06 patch.

nurot1975
11-14-2018, 11:51 AM
i have been having crashing issues since late last night. All 3 been in Ellis but not using the eagle... happens when i am inside a fort or enemy encampment assasinating people. Just suddenly loads blue screen. same error code as already reported here. Have game version 1.06 and PS4 Pro is latest version as well. any fixes???? cant play game and have over 90 hours in......

CthulhuRisen
11-14-2018, 11:38 PM
This is definitely linked to using Ikaros. Iím having the exact same issue here. PS4 Pro, game and console fully updated.

Sounds like something for a patch... alongside the capture gallery fix, I hope.
Shame, I was looking forward to mor Alkybiades related mischief! As it stands, itís no Carriage Stutter, but itís a bit too broken for a main questline.

KeesMcQueen
11-15-2018, 01:16 AM
Let's hope this is fixed in tomorrow's 1.07 patch.

Ubi-Town
11-15-2018, 06:32 PM
Hey, could you confirm if you're still having issues with this after installing the latest patch please?

Rarityyay
11-15-2018, 06:53 PM
Hey, could you confirm if you're still having issues with this after installing the latest patch please?

Hello, you just beat me to it! I just tried it out with 1.07, and yes, sadly the issue is still there, as described above. :(

please let me know if there is anything more you need to know and I will gladly share!

KeesMcQueen
11-15-2018, 09:30 PM
Just tried to play and clear a couple of locations in Elis, at first I had high hopes since I managed to clear a little base and a fort (using Ikaros). But then it ended up crashing anyways, again while switching to Ikaros, with the now familiar error code 'CE-34878-0'.

CthulhuRisen
11-15-2018, 11:58 PM

I’ve installed the patch and played some Elis. Ikaros worked okay, no crashes for me. I was, however, being fairly conservative with how far I was away from Kassandra when I changed back, to avoid having to fade to black when returning control. Swapping from close by (so as to just directly switch back) worked fine, whereas from a distance incurred what felt like a slightly longer load time than I think was normal. It’s worth noting that the longer I played the more careful I was to avoid going too far, as it felt like that might have been the issue...

Totally prepared to be told I was wrong, mind! And it just means I’ve not had a crash “yet”.

ViperionX
11-16-2018, 02:22 PM
Still crashing with CE-34878-0 error on PS4 Pro when switching to Ikaros or closing the map screen. Sometimes crashes almost immediately, nothing to do with distance from Ikaros. Once the crash happens, reloading the most recent autosave also crashes immediately. Crash seems to happen near Stables of Ares in Kingdom of Pelops. Had no crashes prior to reaching this location.

Strategia555
11-16-2018, 07:13 PM
Mine crashed once after installing 1.07 and (I've heard other people have this same problem) it froze then unfroze then froze; only resuming to normal speed after turning around and very slowly exiting that area.

Or simply shutting the game down and starting from last save.

immendes
11-17-2018, 02:20 AM
Having the same issue as everyone else. The bug seems to be around for a while and it is really sad that Ubisoft doesn't seems concerned to fix such an embarassing bug. Anyway, I can't play without the Eagle because unfortunatelly I can't advance in the game without exploring every inch of land so with much persistence I found out that disabling HDR totally fix the problem for me. Hope it works for everyone else who is willing to lose some graphic quality, at least while flying. Also increase some brightness since the image gets darker with HDR disabled. Good luck to us all.

Rarityyay
11-17-2018, 09:04 AM
Having the same issue as everyone else. The bug seems to be around for a while and it is really sad that Ubisoft doesn't seems concerned to fix such an embarassing bug. Anyway, I can't play without the Eagle because unfortunatelly I can't advance in the game without exploring every inch of land so with much persistence I found out that disabling HDR totally fix the problem for me. Hope it works for everyone else who is willing to lose some graphic quality, at least while flying. Also increase some brightness since the image gets darker with HDR disabled. Good luck to us all.

Interesting! I will try to disable HDR and go flying with Ikaros today.

If I can take a break from red dead that is :p

And yeah, itís quite sad. I really really want to love this game. Odyssey is fantastic and is probably my favourite game in the series, but this along with the Roxanna quest bug left a somewhat sour aftertaste on the whole package.

*update*

Turning off HDR did nothing for me, it crashed just the same as before sadly.

KeesMcQueen
11-19-2018, 01:49 AM
Enabling or disabling HDR doesn't change anything for me either.

Ubi-Swaggins
11-19-2018, 10:56 AM
Hey guys, can you all confirm if you are experiencing this issue with a digital or physical copy of the game?

- Ubisoft Support

Rarityyay
11-19-2018, 11:04 AM
Hey guys, can you all confirm if you are experiencing this issue with a digital or physical copy of the game?

- Ubisoft Support

Physical copy here!

KeesMcQueen
11-19-2018, 04:23 PM
Digital here, I've tried deleting and re-downloading the whole thing as well. Still no luck.

Rarityyay
11-29-2018, 09:48 PM
Right, the latest patch seems to have done the trick, I dont know about the rest of you guys but I have been able to fly around in Elis all day without a crash.

Thank you so much for solving this!

KeesMcQueen
12-02-2018, 07:38 PM
Would just like to confirm the issue has been fixed for me as well.

Thank you so much Ubisoft for fixing it!

UbiMorning
12-09-2018, 12:01 AM
Thanks for the update guys!