PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to save Brasidas?

moorie23
10-14-2018, 02:46 PM
Is it possible to have Brasidas live? Or is it the same situation as Phoibe ?

Zarrastro
10-17-2018, 11:08 PM
Same situation. Brasidas is, in fact a historical character that died in that battle, so he cannot be saved.
As for Phoibe, she is somewhat implied to be this girl: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myrtis

Blackwolfe5
10-18-2018, 02:15 PM
It's a shame, from the moment Kassandra met him I was hoping that it could develop into an actual meaningful relationship unlike 90% of the other "romances" in the game. I guess Alkibiades is the closest one that comes to mind, despite his derpiness.

TaleraRis
10-30-2018, 02:42 AM
Yes, I wanted to husband that man. I romanced Garrus in the Mass Effect series exclusively and he was the guy I would pick as my Garrus in this game.

I do also miss actual relationships. If you're going to put romance choices in, then do them right.

bizantura
10-30-2018, 03:07 PM
Yes, I wanted to husband that man. I romanced Garrus in the Mass Effect series exclusively and he was the guy I would pick as my Garrus in this game.

I do also miss actual relationships. If you're going to put romance choices in, then do them right.

Second that.
Boinking for the sake of boinking is not for me.

Earthdogone
05-27-2019, 08:28 PM
Iím with the two posters above. Can we get some boinking with the option of long term plox?

LDS_Darth_Revan
05-27-2019, 08:50 PM
Iíd like to have some relationships that donít require sex.

Shastblu
05-28-2019, 03:07 AM
Same situation. Brasidas is, in fact a historical character that died in that battle, so he cannot be saved.
As for Phoibe, she is somewhat implied to be this girl: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myrtis

Didn't he die a little later than that? I thought he and Alki died in the midway point of the war, enabling that temporary armistice. Alki was assassinated and Brasidas died in battle, working on opposite sides.

cawatrooper9
05-28-2019, 05:00 PM
Didn't he die a little later than that? I thought he and Alki died in the midway point of the war, enabling that temporary armistice. Alki was assassinated and Brasidas died in battle, working on opposite sides.

Brasidas died in 422 BCE, Alkibiades in 404.

As far as I can tell, it's kind of hard to track Odyssey's timeline. We know the games starts in 432. We also know that in real life, the Battles of Pylos and Amphipolis happened in 425 and 422 BCE, respectively. However, Odyssey seems to portray them as happening closer together, even though I don't think the game ever actually comes out and says that for sure.

Basically, that would mean that the game takes place over the course of more than a decade, which just doesn't feel like it's the case to me.

Shastblu
05-29-2019, 06:49 AM
Brasidas died in 422 BCE, Alkibiades in 404.

Oh man! I seriously misremembered my reading. Thank you!