PDA

View Full Version : Why let soldiers interrupts revives and executions ? That's a Terrible idea

MrB3NX
10-13-2018, 08:48 PM
Hello guys ,

i just red the new notes and i almost lost my mind with those brilliant developers who urges me to hang myself

WHY YOU LET SOLDIERS INTERRUPTS REVIVES AND EXECUTIONS ????

Who told you that would be a wolf tickets selling idea ?

Now i'm gonna avoid the B in dominion for the rest of my life

i can't clear the creeps in one click but it will takes me time and in dominion we need every second

alright we got a feat for the revive which is only for few heroes but i will be super upset if a freaking useless npc interrupts my execution against a REAL enemy

please fix this crap before 16 oct

this game deserves better than getting buried alive every time .

DefiledDragon
10-13-2018, 09:14 PM
They have a deal with Microsoft and Sony on the sale of replacement controllers after players have thrown them at the wall/TV in sheer frustration. They may have deals with TV manufacturers too.

Knight_Raime
10-14-2018, 08:16 AM
Revives is fine. As you're already taking a risk reviving in a group of minions. But executions? absolutely not. You're removing player choice there.

Klingentaenz3r
10-15-2018, 01:57 PM
I am not really a fan of that change as well. I foresee a huge backlash on that after a couple of days, maybe two weeks tops. I don't resent the idea entirely, although minions are always annoying and a pain in the *** imho, but at least make it so that you have to receive a certain amount of strikes before an execution attempt or maybe even a revive is interrupted.

Just one fricking hit from a stupid npc that sneaks up on you sounds very "rage-inducing".

Jazz117Volkov
10-15-2018, 02:18 PM
The minion lane is already a joke. They're easily the most poorly thought-out part of Dominion, this will likely induce a lot of rage.

Maxime_Qc-
10-15-2018, 02:18 PM
Lollllll ... Almost ALL of the people i've play with ... i heard them say that these stupid minion should be remove from the game...

And now this... ubisoft really ain't close to their player/fan/communitty...

Roseguard_Cpt
10-15-2018, 02:48 PM
With the increased Minion damage in Breach at the least I'm ok with the Minions being able to interrupt executions as I still am haunted by the Spooky Minions from last year around this time. Speaking of them, we have any sorta ETA for a Halloween event?

OoKaMi_79
10-15-2018, 04:37 PM
The minions in dominion will remain the same as we know them.....the change is only for new Breach Mode (and I’m not sure if there are different types of minions and if all of them will be able to interrupt)

I am not a fan of the idea, kind of ok if they can interrupt a revive but I’m against they can interrupt an execution.

DefiledDragon
10-15-2018, 05:03 PM
The minions in dominion will remain the same as we know them.....the change is only for new Breach Mode (and I’m not sure if there are different types of minions and if all of them will be able to interrupt)

I am not a fan of the idea, kind of ok if they can interrupt a revive but I’m against they can interrupt an execution.

I'm pretty sure the change applies to all minions, not just the ones in Breach mode or it wouldn't be a "change" as they were interrupting revives and executions during the open test.

Illyrian_King
10-15-2018, 07:42 PM
In Breach I agree with this, since the minions are really part of the fight and so it is stupid to take unnecessary 10sec extra time to theatrarically kill an enemy inside a group of his own companions.

But in dominion the "soldiers" are bare canon fodder to farm points and not meant to actually help in battle. Better give them a damage buff and make them a serious part of battle.

Let them do 3dmg instead of only 1dmg. They are barely felt on the field.

ALSO ...

People simple have to use these quick executions that finish off the target in the first moment of the whole "cutscene".
Examples are: Lawbringer Impaler, Warden Take the trash out, Kensei Lost something

Being interrupted is also beneficial in Breach since you would be caught in a long animation while 10dmg per hit minions poke the last breath out of you.

Han-Singular
10-15-2018, 07:56 PM
For revives stay in guard and block the attacks.

For executions:

Executions are preformed at your own risk they should’ve never be guaranteed. The enemy soldiers are on the enemy team after all so why wouldn’t try to save their hero’s??

Seems like a fairly logical function to the game

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-15-2018, 10:02 PM
Executions are harder for some heros and easier for others having minions interrupt executions seems like a good way of balancing the characters so I'm for it even if im against the idea of it.

DefiledDragon
10-15-2018, 10:05 PM
Executions are a huge part of what draws me to For Honor and having them interrupted by minions is going to drive me crazy. I know this already because it was one of the things that annoyed the living **** out of me in Breach during the open test and I complained about it then. I shall continue to complain about it too. <insert generic complaint here>.

UbiInsulin
10-15-2018, 10:09 PM
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'll let the team know there's some concern that it's too hard to pull off executions (which are meant to be a fun part of the game).

With the increased Minion damage in Breach at the least I'm ok with the Minions being able to interrupt executions as I still am haunted by the Spooky Minions from last year around this time. Speaking of them, we have any sorta ETA for a Halloween event?

All we've said is that some sort of seasonal event is coming on the 25th: https://twitter.com/ForHonorGame/status/1047915964828983296 . :)

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-16-2018, 12:08 AM
I really liked the skeleton minions from last year. I liked the "feel" of having them in the game the damage they did.... I was like "ouch that hurt."

yfkutfui
10-16-2018, 12:12 AM
agree, that this is an appalling idea, it will makee reviving basically impossible at zone B,

im not quite sure what the intention here is? are you trying to phase out revives? it already a bit iffy with only 50% of your life given back, sometime better to reject depending on the situation.

MarshalMoriarty
10-16-2018, 12:29 AM
The biggest issue for me is that they're changing something that has existed that way for years and as far as I know, without anyone being remotely bothered by it.

I'm not against changes in principle, but as with this new Perk system I wish they'd give these things a trial period first to test them out.

Illyrian_King
10-16-2018, 12:50 AM
The biggest issue for me is that they're changing something that has existed that way for years and as far as I know, without anyone being remotely bothered by it.

I'm not against changes in principle, but as with this new Perk system I wish they'd give these things a trial period first to test them out.

The trial period was the Open Test my friend :rolleyes:

It seems like the new trend goes towards stronger minions, which I strongly support. But it should also go together with higher damage in the case of the Dominion minions.

3dmg instead of the current 1dmg should make them a more serious part of battle, and keep Assassins away to make it more class role orientated.

In Breach minions do 10dmg, but there are much less of them in numbers and more spread, but in Dominion there is basically just one big clutch. 10dmg would be too much in Dominion, so 3dmg would be alright.

Everybody loved the halloween event, where Dominion minions in their high numbers also did incredible 14dmg.

agree, that this is an appalling idea, it will makee reviving basically impossible at zone B,

im not quite sure what the intention here is? are you trying to phase out revives? it already a bit iffy with only 50% of your life given back, sometime better to reject depending on the situation.

The idea is basically splitt in several reasons:

- Make minions stronger, so they actually are part of the battle and not just running decoration for the sake of immersiveness
- Add strategy, by deciding when to execute or revive and when not
- All in all it makes the gameplay deeper, since you need to watch out for new/more things (the devs call the minions last time often a "toxic cloud")

Personally I really think this game needs more such stuff and not just pure Deathmatch like behavior in Dominion and in general. I want stuff beside that, and I am really looking forward to Breach, since it has almost everything I ever asked for in this game.

MarshalMoriarty
10-16-2018, 12:58 AM
That test was for Breach. Applying it to Dominion and hoping for the best is utterly foolish.

As to the Halloween thing, it was always dead (no pun intended). I could never get a game of it and it was always Low activity. So this 'everybody' is hardly a significant endorsement.

Illyrian_King
10-16-2018, 01:06 AM
That test was for Breach. Applying it to Dominion and hoping for the best is utterly foolish.

As to the Halloween thing, it was always dead (no pun intended). I could never get a game of it and it was always Low activity. So this 'everybody' is hardly a significant endorsement.

I don't know ... I was playing the Skeleton Dominion all time as long as it was available. I got matches faster then in regular Dominion, so I can witness the complete opposite.

MarshalMoriarty
10-16-2018, 01:09 AM
Well, that certainly wasn't my experience of it. I literally never managed to get a single game of it.

Illyrian_King
10-16-2018, 01:33 AM
And I played it all the time.

Strange case ... maybe it was your network.

DefiledDragon
10-16-2018, 02:13 AM
I would be in favour of adding a dozen or so of the Breach strength minions to zones in Dominion, once captured, thus forcing the opposing team to clear out the minions and any players that might be holding said zones. It would give solo players or pairs a chance of holding a zone against a deathball at least and make capturing zones actually feel like it's worth something. It's too easy to just run between zones and capture and recapture them as needed at the moment imo.

MarshalMoriarty
10-16-2018, 06:44 AM
But wouldn't deathballing teams have a far easier time beating those minions? Capping objectives after the ganking team leaves it is the only reliable way to combat deathballing. This would prevent that and encourage more deathballing if assaulting objectives was that much harder.

Klingentaenz3r
10-16-2018, 07:40 AM
For revives stay in guard and block the attacks.

For executions:

Executions are preformed at your own risk they should’ve never be guaranteed. The enemy soldiers are on the enemy team after all so why wouldn’t try to save their hero’s??

Seems like a fairly logical function to the game

yeah but not from one simple hit. You have no control over that. You cannot tell whether or not a minion has closed the distance to you while you were fighting your opponent since you were in lock mode until the very end of the fight. I really plead to use at least 3 minion strikes to interrupt an execution attempt. Then you also have the strategic option to try to pull off a quick execution when there are still quite some minions around or a longer one if you need the health but there are only very few minions to be expected around.
With its current setting the choice seems more like either no execution or a quick one if there might be one single minion in near proximity.
Due to that nature it is mandatory to fight only when the minions are not around. Also, if they can interrupt executions and revives they might even stagger more overall as well. We should keep out an eye on that too.

lubu523
10-16-2018, 08:42 AM
I am actually cool with soldiers doing something, considering that even the rally thing doesn't seem to have much of an Effect.

but for once people will take B skill to actually benefit the team.

Illyrian_King
10-16-2018, 10:40 AM
I would be in favour of adding a dozen or so of the Breach strength minions to zones in Dominion, once captured, thus forcing the opposing team to clear out the minions and any players that might be holding said zones. It would give solo players or pairs a chance of holding a zone against a deathball at least and make capturing zones actually feel like it's worth something. It's too easy to just run between zones and capture and recapture them as needed at the moment imo.

You speak my language ^^

I proposed exactly the same.

Kryltic
10-16-2018, 12:18 PM
I've been saying for ages that captains should appear in Dominion. 3 with shields to defend each captured point (including the minion one). And 3 offensive captains to help clear the minion objective only.

That combined with archers (out of reach) to defend spawn points to deter spawn camping/minion clearing.

I'm all for minions stopping revives and executions, it gives them more of a role other than dying and giving away points. If anything I'd like to see a minor damage boost to actually make them far more important.

I reckon it would be a nice minor change to Dominion to make it a little more fresh than it currently is.