PDA

View Full Version : [Bug Report] Sparring with Roxana

M0rtymus
10-13-2018, 07:13 PM
I can't start the "Sparring with Roxana" Quest on Hydreaafter the lastest patch, she has no marker over her head and just says "Leave me champion"

sirmat22
10-14-2018, 12:45 AM
I have the same problem here

muphaxe
10-14-2018, 02:50 AM
Same here on XONE :/

ReddSmokee
10-14-2018, 03:45 PM
Same here PS4!!!

TheMaxPower
10-15-2018, 04:54 AM
I am having the same problem. Playing on a PS4 Pro

WanderOwl
10-15-2018, 06:00 AM
Playing on PS4 Pro. Same thing happened.

ubi--unicorn
10-15-2018, 09:22 PM
Hey guys, thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've reported this issue up. Thanks!

jholsinger
10-28-2018, 02:55 AM
Hey guys, thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've reported this issue up. Thanks!

Any news on this since last week? Saw a thread opened on steamforums as well from two weeks ago.

tomhobbes
10-28-2018, 07:10 PM
Just discovered the same problem here - at end game and just finishing off the last few Cultists. PS4 1.0.5. Grateful for an update. Seems to have been a known bug for a while.

ziggurcat
10-28-2018, 08:43 PM
I didn't see this thread before I posted a thread of my own. Have the same issue. Quest just became available, didn't spend the drachmae to skip the training, don't know what I might have done prior to this mission becoming available apart from exploring the world. This is the second bugged quest I've encountered (the prince of persia quest is also broken for me)

Nice to see the devs taking action on fixing bugged quests if this was truly brought to their attention a week ago. /s

BinethPaul12
10-29-2018, 06:21 PM
I have the same issue, no news since 2 weeks

kael7monk
10-30-2018, 03:41 AM
I have the same issue as well. PS4. Almost 60 hours in, and only bug so far, but need the quests for the trophy.

sylvain.f
10-30-2018, 09:25 PM
Same problem On PC version 1.0.5.
Hope it help.

ziggurcat
10-31-2018, 07:58 AM
screw it, I'm sick and tired of waiting for Ubisoft to respond/update us all on this problem. I'm skipping the training, and I hope it doesn't screw me over for the trophy related to those islands.

edit: so the trophy popped after completing the mission after that, thank god...

ziggurcat
10-31-2018, 10:49 PM
patch notes for 1.06 have been posted, and it doesn't appear as though this bug has been fixed yet.

UltimateGohanSS
11-01-2018, 04:22 PM
Same problem here On PC version 1.0.6

ziggurcat
11-01-2018, 04:56 PM
Same problem here On PC version 1.0.6

I guess people will have to wait for the next patch? I lost my patience, and just skipped those missions by paying the drachmae. Thankfully it didn't hinder the related trophy for doing 20 missions on those sets of islands as it unlocked after the following mission.

Overseal
11-01-2018, 10:00 PM
Hey, no it hasn't been fixed yet. I was waiting for the patch and hoped that even though it wasn't in the patch notes the issue would have been resolved but it didn't change anything :'(.

lynnesagna
11-02-2018, 04:46 PM
I'm a bit disappointed that the latest patch didn't have a fix for this. My girlfriend is using the same PS4 and the same disc and I am and she didn't have any trouble getting the Roxana quest. I'm not sure what I did wrong but I hope the developers are still working on it.

ziggurcat
11-02-2018, 07:02 PM
I'm a bit disappointed that the latest patch didn't have a fix for this. My girlfriend is using the same PS4 and the same disc and I am and she didn't have any trouble getting the Roxana quest. I'm not sure what I did wrong but I hope the developers are still working on it.

the bug is likely based on doing something out of order that causes the quest to break. the game doesn't seem to like it when you explore everything beforehand, and doing that has broken a handful of quests (I explored the entire world, and levelled up to 50 before I even moved onto chapter 2 of the story, for example).

the PS4 and disc have nothing to do with it.

Delphi101
11-04-2018, 09:14 AM
Same problem here on PC.

Nandiman
11-04-2018, 03:35 PM
Same here, PC, ver. 1.06. I think the issue is that when I talked to Drakios, I wasn't paying attention, and selected to fight, instead of the option to leave. Than he mentions that I should train first with Roxana or pay to skip. I think the glitch is that even though I haven't payed, because I chose the option to fight, rather than immediately leave (and train with Roxana) the game thinks I chose to skip and Roxana is no longer interactible.

Overseal
11-06-2018, 09:39 PM
Same here, PC, ver. 1.06. I think the issue is that when I talked to Drakios, I wasn't paying attention, and selected to fight, instead of the option to leave. Than he mentions that I should train first with Roxana or pay to skip. I think the glitch is that even though I haven't payed, because I chose the option to fight, rather than immediately leave (and train with Roxana) the game thinks I chose to skip and Roxana is no longer interactible.
Unfortunately it's not that straightforward, if you talk to him and accept the quest [I'll take part in the Battle], and then immediately leave [I'm not ready to battle yet] (instead of I'm ready to battle and then lying about training... which doesn't work), the quest isn't added to your log and you have to talk to him again THEN leave, but even if you do that the quest is bugged and the marker for Roxana doesn't appear.
I'm thinking since they mention the cult, the questline leads me to someone I've already killed because at this point in the game I had never visited either island...

Gamer0364
11-06-2018, 10:54 PM
Based on the dialogue that I got upon finding Roxana for the first time ("Leave me, champion"), I assumed that it was because I killed my way to the top mercenary spot well before I was supposed to, progression wise. Only level 44 when I did it, and upon actually killing the top guy, and the revelations that follow, I realized I skipped a few steps by doing that on my own.

brab97
11-07-2018, 07:02 PM
I got the same problem(ps4).

I havent defeated the top mercenairy yet because i realized he was a sage cultist (i like to do things in order).

Still she says “leave me champion” with some cowering thugs around her that do nothing and are stuck as well.

I the quest marker is only at the quest giver where i can pay to skip, but it seems like fun to fight with her.

LionesseRampant
11-08-2018, 02:57 AM
Quest is still bugged. Going to reload a previous save before accepting Call to Arms and avoid it until fixed. Want to romance and recruit Roxana, this is the only way.

MaiorNumerus
11-08-2018, 10:25 PM
But how long we have to wait for the fix?
Is it ever possible that there aren't any news about this problem?

Abadwf18
11-09-2018, 01:26 AM

But, when are we gonna hear some news about this. :/

a1987tidus2
11-15-2018, 11:33 AM
The patch notes say something about a fix for the 'Sparring with Roxana' quest, but no luck here... She still says 'Leave me champion'.
Will there be a fix so that we can still play the missions with Roxana without starting a complete new game? Just be honest so we know what to do and don't wait till we're old, grumpy persons...

Shirokurou
11-15-2018, 02:55 PM
I was really hoping the 1.06 patch fixed this, but nope, she still goes "Leave me, Champion."
Like, apparently this is a "known issue" but still not resolved.

PS4

ALSO
I could have sworn the patchnotes said something about fixing it, but reading through the 1.06 patchnotes again, it no longer mentions Roxana at all.

Nandiman
11-15-2018, 06:36 PM
The patch notes say something about a fix for the 'Sparring with Roxana' quest, but no luck here... She still says 'Leave me champion'.
Will there be a fix so that we can still play the missions with Roxana without starting a complete new game? Just be honest so we know what to do and don't wait till we're old, grumpy persons...

Same here. When I saw in the patch notes "Roxana" I immediately fired up the game, went to her house only to be greeted with the ol' "Leave me champion" shtick.

katsumo2006
11-15-2018, 07:11 PM
Same Here...Still not fixed....:(

Rarityyay
11-15-2018, 07:19 PM
Same issue here, I get the ”leave me champion” and can’t talk to her. 1.07.

Ubi-Town
11-15-2018, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the update. I have already let the team know that this is still an issue.

Shirokurou
11-15-2018, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the update. I have already let the team know that this is still an issue.
Any statistics you need from us, the afflicted?

ubi--unicorn
11-15-2018, 09:13 PM
If we need anything, I'll be sure to let you all know. Thanks, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

MaiorNumerus
11-15-2018, 09:47 PM
The quest is still bugged also for me.

Ulfias
11-15-2018, 10:50 PM
Same here. Quite sad actually. I was hoping for a fix.

SPRidley
11-17-2018, 02:32 AM
I just got to both islands were the quest happens today.

Didnt know about the bug, got to hydre, did stuff there, then went to melos, were i discovered the quest giver. Got the quest, didnt pay so i could do the roxana quest, went to hydre and i couldnt find her. Thats when i went to the internet today and discovered it was a bug. I found her, but, as everyone here, just got the "you are all too weak" when you get near her house, and then the "leave me alone champion" when you talk with her.

As I had a load before visiting this two islands and discovering them on the map from 2 hours ago, I decided to load the save and see if I could trigger the quest correctly by inversing the order. So I discovered Melos first, went directly to the quest giver without doing anything else, got the quest, but again the marker only appeared in his head. Even then I went to hydre to discover it, as maybe there was a chance the marker appeared when I got there. NOPE, same problem as before.

Im trying to beat this 100% so im not touching the game until this is fixed. I saw the patch notes for the latest update some minutes ago and its say it was fixed, but that clealry didnt happen.

By the way, if this is helpful, I still need to discover Athens and leave Herodote in Atica, so he still in my ship (im trying to go in the order of the levels of the islands when you start a new game, and atica had a higher level than Melos and Hydra). So even following the game's level order, the quest is bugged. What is triggering the bug, I dont know, but you guys really need to fix it. If its the moving from and island to the other what gives problems, just move Roxana to a camp in Melos near the quest giver or something, becuase I really want to have the option to romance and recruit her before continuing with the story.

Shirokurou
11-19-2018, 09:57 PM
Im trying to beat this 100% so im not touching the game until this is fixed. I saw the patch notes for the latest update some minutes ago and its say it was fixed, but that clealry didnt happen.
Also working on a 100% run, but up to chapter 5 and just not visiting those islands for now.
My advice, go along with the main quest for now and leave those islands unexplored for now.

Really hoping for a fix for this.

Dolttan
11-20-2018, 03:13 PM
I was really hoping the 1.06 patch fixed this, but nope, she still goes "Leave me, Champion."
ALSO
I could have sworn the patchnotes said something about fixing it, but reading through the 1.06 patchnotes again, it no longer mentions Roxana at all.

There has been several mentions of the quest...
10/11/2018 (First Patch After Launch) Patch 1.0.3 under Audio fix, "Fixed an issue during the ""Sparring with Roxana"" quest with echoing dialogue."
11/15/2018 (Fifth Patch After Launch) Patch 1.0.7 under Quest fix, Sparring with Roxana is apart of a 9 item list which the patch said to have, "Addressed various issues that prevented the following quests from completing."

It is important to note that; it has been reported that various quest on that list have not been fixed as of that patch... One of note being the quest Home Sweet Home. As well as, one of the reasons why Patch 1.0.3, is not considered the first patch after launch is due to the potentiality of a day one patch, and the two day early access associated with pre-orders.

Anthony9148
11-21-2018, 04:53 PM
I'm having this same problem on ps4, don't want to pay the money to the guy so I can get the island hopper trophy. Hopefully they can fix this

Ubi-Karl
11-21-2018, 10:47 PM
Hi guys!:)

As suggested by ubi--unicorn, the issue is currently under investigation (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1937294) and we are looking to get this resolved. In the meantime, we do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Rulhiy1
11-22-2018, 12:04 AM
It has happened to me right now also. I can only pay Drakios, and Roxana is absent from Hydra island. I will wait for a fix since I don't want to pay Drakios.

I'm on pc, latest patch.

zeik81
11-22-2018, 04:45 PM
Same issue here - PS4 on patch 1.07.
If it helps I had visited Hydrea prior to Melos, but had not visited Roxana in that first trip

MojoThePower
11-22-2018, 09:40 PM
PC 1.0.7 problem still exists.

Visited Melos and took the quest. Didn't pay to Drakios. Went to Hydra and found Roxana but the cut scene does not trigger and she always says: "Leave me, Champion."

Remarkable video:
Roxana cut-scene works and she is marked as a quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3abwNvuXa8
Date: Nov 4, 2018 and his game version is unkown. Looks like 1.0.6 for that date but he could upload old gameplay video from 1.0.5 or older version.

MaiorNumerus
11-24-2018, 11:29 AM
The bug on Roxane doesn't also allow the interaction during the 'Retribution' ending ('cause you can't recrew her in your crew).
So, also Mikkos questline is indirectly affected...
How shame.

MaiorNumerus
11-28-2018, 09:30 PM
I read the patch notes of 1.1.0 & 1.1.1
This bug is still unpatched.Since a month.

It's a true shame.
I have no words.
New content.No corrections.

Tetsu1721
11-28-2018, 10:51 PM
I read the new patch note too.
Why can't I find the fix for this bug?
I'm really sad…

Shirokurou
11-29-2018, 09:36 PM
I can now confirm that the issue persists in 1.1.1

Lokamhal
11-29-2018, 11:18 PM
Still in the wait for the fix to play again...

Next time i will wait that you fix the game before buying it... never ever buying a game day 1 from you !

Tetsu1721
11-30-2018, 12:47 AM
I understood that the new patch note didn't contain fix for this bug. If so, please tell us the status of the investigation, the condition that cause this bug, the date you plan to fix this bug.

This is a very nise game, but I'm disappointed…
I don't want to continue this game if this bug don't fix.

lilKriT
11-30-2018, 02:24 AM
When is the fix coming? I've been waiting patiently for the last few weeks, but it's really getting annoying.

Tetsu1721
11-30-2018, 11:50 AM
Why does not UBI support comment on this subject?
I think that is your duty.
Many people wish to support.

Dolttan
12-01-2018, 06:26 AM
Why does not UBI support comment on this subject?
I think that is your duty.
Many people wish to support.

They have... or at least the community support staff...

In general, they commonly say these lines... We are aware of the issue, We are working on the issue, We will send the message to our staff, We will have information the the issue in our known issues page, We are sorry for the inconvenience, Was not the issue fixed in the recent patch, We will report that the issue is still present, We are currently investigating the issue, and Please contact support with your save file.

AboutMusic68290
12-02-2018, 07:25 PM
I myself am having the same problem. 100 hours in cause i just skipped past and started exploring elsewhere and continued the main story. I came across this bug about 40 hours in (several weeks ago) and saw muktiple threads and figured that it was going to be taken care of. I still can not continue the quest without just having to pay my way in which i do not wish to do. Im glad to see in not the only one with this problem cause i cannot go back to the previous save before meeting Roxana because i am too far already. When is this bug going to be addressed?

Tetsu1721
12-05-2018, 12:57 AM
to the UBI support staff,
Please let me know the status of the bug investigation.
We want to see the wonderful Roxana's ivent that you made.
But, we can't it.

lilKriT
12-05-2018, 03:43 AM
Another update, yet no fix... this is getting tiring...

andrei_bergovin
12-05-2018, 09:16 AM
Without starting Roxana questline You will not recieve 20 quests achievements...
This is slightly irritating for the people (like me) who has completed the game and received all other achievements and still waiting for this questline to be fixed...

Tetsu1721
12-07-2018, 03:57 AM
This week, I'm hoping that new patch will be released for this bug fixed.

Number1marksman
12-07-2018, 06:49 AM
Bugged for me as well. I have talked to Drakios but Roxana does not want to talk to me and there is no marker to her. I'm going for the 'Island Hopper' achievement and finished all quests on Pephka and Abantis islands but cannot do Roxana's quests. I hope this gets fixed soon.

Ubi-Redbeard
12-07-2018, 01:59 PM
Thanks for providing more information @Number1marksman. We have no update currently, however, the team are still looking into this.

paradonym
12-13-2018, 06:08 PM
Bugged for me as well... was on the island before, no missions at all, just some collectibles, then got to Drakios, started the quest and then got back to Hydrea. Searched the maked area described here:
https://guides.gamepressure.com/assassins-creed-odyssey/guide.asp?ID=46627 riding the horse and nothing shown up... Just plain volcanic land and metal lying around...

1.1.1 is shown at the main screen. As I know Ubisoft it even wouldn't allow me to run games of a lower patchlevel, so I'd guess it's always the recent version...

I'll leave this mission out for now.
Hope It'll get back soon. Game as box version preordered + DLC purchased directly in Uplay afterwards. I'm pretty confident the 86€ I paid so far refinances the salary of the persons fixing this bug.

Fetu2010
12-13-2018, 06:43 PM
Didn't see this thread before posting my own either (sorry!). I rebooted the game and no fix. I'm on a regular PS4 and have a physical copy.

UbiMorning
12-14-2018, 09:01 PM
Hey guys! The ACOD team is aware of this issue, and is looking to resolve it in a future update. We appreciate the reports!

Allmightyninja
12-21-2018, 04:19 PM
Any updates

Tetsu1721
12-24-2018, 01:55 AM
When will it be updated?
Have you found a solution?
We are waiting forever without progressing this game.
Because I don't know the cause of this bug.

Ubi-Viral
12-24-2018, 02:24 AM
Hey guys! This issue is still being investigated.

When information becomes available for this issue it will be shared here: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1937294

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Darknife777
12-24-2018, 09:31 PM
Part of the problem is that I reported this almost a month ago, every four days, your system says since it hasn't heard from me it is closing the ticket. That's ridiculous. Tickets should not close unless a patch or some other fix has been issued. This quite frankly smacks of some manager or director telling people to close all tickets every four days so that they can meet their metric of "all tickets in my department closed in less than 5 days". That quite frankly is ridiculous, and I would LOVE to cost that turd their bonus. So now EVERYDAY, I am going to log in to complain it still isn't fixed so that it can't be closed...until it is actually fixed. If they want their bonus, I guess it's going to be time to suck it up and apply some resources to fixing this.

MaiorNumerus
12-27-2018, 12:50 PM
I wonder if anyone was really working on this bug.
In two decades, I can't remember to have seen a bug that requires over two months to be patched.
I have seen, however, bugs left unresolved.

Let's hope well...

UbiMorning
01-03-2019, 02:33 AM
@Darknife777 The system automatically closes tickets after 4 days due to innactivity. As I've previously stated, this issue has been reported and is to be resolved in a future update. We recommend keeping an eye on the Announcement forum for upcoming updates. We only recommend opening your ticket again in the event you have new information to share. We apologize for any frustration this may cause you.

@MaiorNumerus I can understand the delay in the fix may be upsetting to you. I ensure you the ACOD team is working to get this issue resolved in an upcoming patch. We sincerely appreciate all the reports for this issue.

Arcanantos
01-09-2019, 05:27 AM
The bug is still there for me, I will still wait for a fix someday because I don't want to pay the guy. I feel like I am excluded from content even though I got the diamond version of the game. Come on....

Ubi-Swaggins
01-09-2019, 10:41 AM
Hey there,

As my colleague has said, the team are working on a fix for this issue and all relevant information has been passed to the dev team to ensure that it gets resolved.

Thank you for your continued patience.

NobleDhu
01-09-2019, 05:08 PM
It's been 3 months and so far no fix? Yesterday I tried again and the same error in the mission still persists. The bug was reported months ago and nothing was done.

:mad:

Ubi-Swaggins
01-10-2019, 11:22 AM
Hey NobleDhu,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry that it has been a long time and the issue has not been fixed.

I am afraid we do not have further updates, all we can tell you is that the team is aware of the issue and are working to fix it.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Shirokurou
01-11-2019, 12:33 AM
1.12 has fixed it for me. Now there is a straight up quest icon there and the quest triggers!
Thank you.

Ubi-Gumdrops
01-11-2019, 07:47 PM
Thanks for sharing an update Shirokurou, hopefully this is resolved for everyone else too.

If you encounter any further issues please don't hesitate to let us know!

MojoThePower
01-12-2019, 09:08 PM
Finally i have managed to accept Roxana's quest. It works correctly after a recent update.
Already have completed the whole Roxana's quest line.

PC 1.1.2

UbiMorning
01-24-2019, 11:34 PM
Glad to hear it MojoThePower!