PDA

View Full Version : THIS BOAR FIGHT iS A JOKE!

LaMOi
10-12-2018, 07:12 PM
This boar fight is mental! Lol..

Iíve played very methodically in this game, upgrading my character and armour/weapons doing lots of side activities and quests.

Iím playing on NORMAL as HARD was nuts, just became a tedious grind with damage sponge enemies.

But this Boar! And his little piggy friends, are a hard freakin fight! Every time I lose, I vow to go away, upgrade and come more powerful, but each time I do, that sucka scales with me, so the fight remains just as hard almost.

Any advice for taking down a big pig??

Rithrius
10-12-2018, 07:14 PM
Lower the difficulty to easy?

btw, are you talking about the first boar fight, or the one with all the poison cloud bullcrap?

MnemonicSyntax
10-12-2018, 07:15 PM
Fire. Lots of fire.

Not kidding. I use fire weapons, combined with overpower and slow time.

LaMOi
10-12-2018, 07:16 PM
In Phokis... itís the first giant Boar Iíve fought. Itís the sister of Artemis quest... like a Trial...

LaMOi
10-12-2018, 07:17 PM
Itís a shame for some reason a Call to Arms is a stealth ability? Would be quite useful in this fight...

Rithrius
10-12-2018, 07:20 PM
In Phokis... it’s the first giant Boar I’ve fought. It’s the sister of Artemis quest... like a Trial...

Literally the easiest of all the beast trials. :p

As suggested, try using fire or poison abilities, and i would recommend using a spear for any and all legendary beast trials. Keep your distance. Dodge, don't parry. Should get you through most of them.

quanzaizai
10-12-2018, 07:21 PM
several thread on reddit share 2 tactics.
make your bounty bar to max (well 1 is enough lol) and lure them to the boar they will help you fight it
second tactic, use your none lethal attack or paralyzed arrow to knock out little piggies so they can't respawn because they are not dead.

Ardat_Yakshi_
10-12-2018, 07:26 PM
My strategy for this fight after dying like a 12 times was using axe for getting rid fast of that Beacon Minions, it has a good range so it also helps and can stagger most of the time. Then long-dodge A LOT. And don't lock on target, cuz it will prevent you from seeing where the Piggies are.

Wait for the Farting Beacon, this fight is even worse o_o

LaMOi
10-12-2018, 07:32 PM
several thread on reddit share 2 tactics.
make your bounty bar to max (well 1 is enough lol) and lure them to the boar they will help you fight it
second tactic, use your none lethal attack or paralyzed arrow to knock out little piggies so they can't respawn because they are not dead.

Knocking out the pigs ooooooh thatís a good tactic. No respawn!

hyper---sniper
10-12-2018, 07:42 PM
Ubisoft is a Joke now , all the games they do now are the same , this quest is boar-ing , do side quests get stronger and the dam pig gets stronger as well , started this quest level 16 now level 21 and the pig now 20 , why do arrows do no damage ?.. and why does pig get health back ??.. Also why does grass stop arrows ???? game is a mess....

quanzaizai
10-12-2018, 07:48 PM
Ubisoft is a Joke now , all the games they do now are the same , this quest is boar-ing , do side quests get stronger and the dam pig gets stronger as well , started this quest level 16 now level 21 and the pig now 20 , why do arrows do no damage ?.. and why does pig get health back ??.. Also why does grass stop arrows ???? game is a mess....

becuz you don't know how to build your char :)
you level take effective because of your gear you wear take the damage boost on percentage.
for example you are level 10 and your damage is 100 + 5% damage which mean 105HP
your enemy is level 10 and have 100 HP => 5 gap
you level up to lv 11 and your damage +100 = 200 and + 5% which mean 210HP
your enemy level up to 11 and their damage + 100 =200 => you now have 10 HP gap
and later on your damage boost also increase not only 5% but 10 15 20 %

SgtWolf1
10-12-2018, 08:04 PM
It is tough...tougher than some coming after that. I went to a blacksmith and engraved damage to animals percentages. I also made sure I had the fire ability for weapons. For me, using a weapon with some distance worked better so I went with a legendary spear. That will make it some easier, but dodging is going to be what keeps you in the game. When regular one come, take them on and the clear them out then go back to the epic boar. Keep your heath up as you will knocked on your butt a lot. The second wind ability is crucial. I tried 3 times before I finally got him. It's possible but hard.

BigUrn
10-12-2018, 08:11 PM
Idk play on nightmare and don't have any problems really with anything other than conquest battles as it seems if I don't personally kill the whole army my side loses

GeneralXIV
10-12-2018, 08:29 PM
I admit I play on easy mode, but it was difficult even on that level... Im also pretty sure I was a few levels higher than necessary, but it was still terrible :P

A few tips:

Long-dodge (roll) away from the boar, make sure theres some space between you.

It moves very fast, but if you can dodge at the right time it will trigger a slow-motion thing which helped me a looooot

I used a spear and a bow, with the ability that sets them on fire to deal fire damage because it seemed the most effective thing. The bow was definitely the most useful thing - if you are at a distance from the mini-boars, they didn't attack me

When the boar screams, mini-boars are imminent

I nearly died because I was taken by surprize by the little boars... but during the second wave of them I actually didnt kill them until the big boar was dead - the big one stopped moving when the little ones spawned that let me get in some free hits

TH3R4BB1T
10-12-2018, 08:40 PM
Hope there is not mythical Lynx... those cats teleport jump all over the place. This boar I tried the first time not knowing what it was and failed miserably. Will try it after I am done with some other frustrating quest, because my armor is overpowered and I am still beaten EASY by some stupid creature because 50% of my arrows land on him without damage and fire. Also the arrow crafting is pity annoying MID battle! Tomb Raider did it better, making arrows on the run!

AgentJardy
10-12-2018, 11:16 PM
No, but seriously... i was playing on nightmare without problems untill i found that boar. The big one itself isnt as much of a problem as the little ones omg! And every time you kill them it takes him like 15 secs to call 4 more! i died like 20 times to the little piggies:mad::mad: . I did notice bow headshots do lots of damage to all of them, but i had to lower it to easy just to get rid of him:rolleyes:

ProdiGurl
10-12-2018, 11:20 PM
Literally the easiest of all the beast trials. :p

As suggested, try using fire or poison abilities, and i would recommend using a spear for any and all legendary beast trials. Keep your distance. Dodge, don't parry. Should get you through most of them.
I can't count how many times I've come online to share my frustration and anger at not being able to take a certain Boss or enemy down - and there's always people that comment about how easy it was for them lol. :rolleyes:
Happy I saw this thread, now I'll try these things when I eventually get there - what level is this?

Young-Sinatra
10-12-2018, 11:34 PM
Ubisoft must just have a hard on for boars and make them so over powered. First boar fight took me like 4 tries and had to come back with better gear. Done all the legendary animal fights no problem. Bear was easy lion was easy. Now I'm just trying to kill the second boar and died 3 times already.

AnimusLover
10-13-2018, 12:21 AM
The boar's little minions are actually there to help you. They're easier to slash up than the boss so they quickly fill you with adrenaline. When they're disposed of, use your best abilities against the boss and make sure you're using arrows, particularly elemental ones. I think I only died once with this one.

Kiroku
10-13-2018, 01:47 AM
So I had trouble too on this one but I finally made it with the following strategy.

Poison blades and spam attacks and dodge

Once the small ones spawn use your bow with the power up shot that deals extra dmg and two shot them or finish them off with blades.

I had a lot of trouble doing that since the auto target lock is ridiculous. It switches like hell between the targets so maybe you can try to not use it.

Spam special attacks too to gain hp back.

Since I play on assassin skill tree for most skills it was really hard but I finally made it.

But to be honest the stats from the legendary bow are crap.

I don't like the controllable arrow.

joshjda
10-13-2018, 03:26 AM
You have to burn it down as fast as possible because the fart clouds stay so yeah just melee it and keep hitting it until it dies.

grimnasty
10-13-2018, 07:16 AM
i had trouble for a while until i got inside the cave, it kinda confuses the little piggies and i knocked em off with arrows and just stayed in cave throughout the entire fight

MrInterfacer
10-13-2018, 09:00 AM
The hit boxes for arrows on the boars are broken.

I'll have a red hit and arrow wont do damage at all.

And before you say it the boars are standing still so Im not missing I only land a hit sometimes. I understand and like the fact its hard to hit a moving target but I can headshot a soldier coming at me during combat but cant hit a friggin boar standing still.

Hopefully they patch this soon.

Vogue77
10-13-2018, 09:28 AM
Spec some into hunter tree. 1 fully charged multishot can clear all the small pigs in one go at rank 2 and using fire arrows. Or go heavy into warrior tree, with fire weapon, bull rush, overpower etc.

I did this on hard, died 2 times, then got it done when I reconsidered my options.

IllyriusWarrior
10-13-2018, 09:57 AM
Ubisoft developers In my opinion should put more emphasis on Human enemies especially elites solders from entire Hellenized countries and some Mythological creatures.
Adding animals as elite enemies is not Original in term of RPG, nor make a lot of sense for what the game is about which put emphasis's on the world itself.
Animals should be difficult but more realistic a bit not overboard and be unoriginal. I hope they patch and put focus on increasing difficulty on things that matter it as would make the game better and people more immersed and involved.

LaMOi
10-13-2018, 03:57 PM
This Ancient Greece ó I like the fact they stuck a few mythological creatures in there...

But I beat it !

It was my good fortune that mercenary came to kill me at the same time it managed to fight the beast for me whilst I dealt with the little piggies, whittled the beast down to half hour, and I was able to get the job done from there...

Great stuff !

Jefferelli61
10-13-2018, 04:06 PM
I destroyed that boar in less than 30 seconds.

Use the flaming Attacks skill with Fire Mastery maxed out, and use Battle Cry Of Ares... set these 2 off before you go in and make sure you have your adrenaline bar full.

I use the increased damage v animals engraving on my sword too.

Helps to have Weapon Master maxed also. I was one shotting some of them with the first Overpowered attack.

I've beaten all 8 of them and the Mythical beasts also... the only one I seem to be having a problem with is Medusa who for some reason, I just can't seem to get the better of.

Locopells
10-13-2018, 04:59 PM
Itís a shame for some reason a Call to Arms is a stealth ability? Would be quite useful in this fight...

You can still sorta do this if you let a mercenary that's currently hunting you, follow you into the fight. They'll distract the smaller ones, leaving you to work on the big boar.

hijak9517
10-13-2018, 06:59 PM
Git gud.

Sesethi
10-13-2018, 07:27 PM
I dunno what you guys are complaining about the boar, just dodge and headshot it and when it stops, deal with the little boars.

Ubi-Zubi
10-13-2018, 07:47 PM
The boar fight is challenging! I recommend using a longer range weapon like a spear during this fight. It'll help you dodge a little easier and also helps take down the smaller pigs. Fire is good too. ;)

TH3R4BB1T
10-13-2018, 07:56 PM
I ignored the small pigs, just dodge roll them and focused only on the big boar with arrows and fire. Love this Bow of Hades!! But I succeed on my 4th try.........

Ubi-Zubi
10-13-2018, 08:01 PM
I ignored the small pigs, just dodge roll them and focused only on the big boar with arrows and fire. Love this Bow of Hades!! But I succeed on my 4th try.........

Great work! You did it and I hope it felt as satisfying as a good Sparta kick. :D

https://media.giphy.com/media/PMjkKda7d6JqAEkR55/giphy.gif

roflmfaoo
10-14-2018, 06:06 AM
The sparta kick is my favourite part of this game xD the boar though, that was challenging.

I used poison and arrows, if you poison up then use multi-shot it will poison all marked targets, helps a lot.

jayaaron1296
10-14-2018, 06:34 AM
You just need to stick at itÖ first time playing it did it on hard then bumped to normal I leant from the first few times use poison instead of fire it works against the boar not just his health but drops his stats, hero strike works well and chaos ability get the little pigs off you, if you can get Hermes speed that will help you canít leave the area otherwise he heals up get rid of his pig friends as soon as possible and hit away with a spear dodge always

LaMOi
10-14-2018, 07:53 AM
You can still sorta do this if you let a mercenary that's currently hunting you, follow you into the fight. They'll distract the smaller ones, leaving you to work on the big boar.

Thatís what happened.... kinda by chance rather than design.

TH3R4BB1T
10-14-2018, 09:26 AM
Well, I am now at a WOLF, but every time it howls more wolfs enter the arena. I am just eaten alive!

ProdiGurl
10-14-2018, 09:44 AM
You just need to stick at it… first time playing it did it on hard then bumped to normal I leant from the first few times use poison instead of fire it works against the boar not just his health but drops his stats, hero strike works well and chaos ability get the little pigs off you, if you can get Hermes speed that will help you can’t leave the area otherwise he heals up get rid of his pig friends as soon as possible and hit away with a spear dodge always
I'm ready to pick another ability and I'm seriously considering Poison... this leads me to think I should go ahead and pick it it at level 10 and start getting used to using it. But for sure I'm getting the Chaos Ring when it's available!

The sparta kick is my favourite part of this game xD the boar though, that was challenging.

I used poison and arrows, if you poison up then use multi-shot it will poison all marked targets, helps a lot.

I agree, the Sparta Kick is awesome - I use it constantly in fights and it's really satisfying.
I'm just worried about this fight if so many are having problems with it. I'm gonna take it down to Easy mode for this one. Shockingly I'm doing fine at Normal.
I am so addicted to this game right now.