PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes v2.01.0

FredEx919
10-12-2018, 05:09 PM
Hello everyone,

We've just posted our most recent patch notes for v2.01.0 (Link Below). Maintenance for this patch will will begin Tuesday October 16 at 12PM ET / 4PM UTC and last until 3PM ET / 7PM UTC. I've included links below to the patch notes, full maintenance details, and the Marching Fire FAQ.

Patch Notes: https://ubi.li/gvwma (https://ubi.li/gvwma)
Maintenance: https://ubi.li/9774d (https://ubi.li/9774d)
Marching Fire FAQ: https://ubi.li/5netk (https://ubi.li/5netk)

(https://ubi.li/9774d)
(https://ubi.li/9774d)

CandleInTheDark
10-12-2018, 05:42 PM
Very good stuff, I just want to paste some things here people have been asking for that they may miss in a huge set of patch notes

Team Swapping

After a game of Breach, if the player choose to rematch, they will change sides. So if your team was on the Defender side, you are guaranteed to be playing as an Attacker but only if you rematch.

Team Shuffling

Team shuffling has been added in-between matches. The system will identify the more balanced alternative team distribution based on skill rating and shuffle the teams accordingly. Note that no groups will ever be broken up.
In Breach, the Team Shuffling will occur before the Team Swapping so the system will prioritize the balance of the teams before the performing the Team Swap.

PRICINGS

All Editions

Starting with the Marching Fire update, the price of all 6 Year 1 DLC characters is reduced 10,000 steel (from 15,000 steel). This affects: Shinobi, Centurion, Highlander, Gladiator, Aramusha and Shaman.

Developer Comment:With the release of Marching Fire and the introduction of the 4 new Wu-Lin Heroes, we’ve decided to lower the Steel cost of the Year 1 DLC Heroes as to improve their accessibility .

Starter Edition

The price of the Heroes Bundle is dropping from 50,000 steel to 25,000 steel.

Developer Comment: We have decided to update the price of the Heroes Bundle according to the original game permanent price drop starting at Marching Fire release.

Out of Lock attack on Minions

We have given all heroes the ability to use their Chained Attacks while Out Of Lock against Soldiers, Pikemen and Archers. These Out Of Lock Chained Attacks also do not end the strike portion when hitting a Soldier/Pikeman/Archer – which allows the hero to “cleave through” nearby minions.

Developer comment: This should improve the ability of players to clear these minions. Previously, we had very long animations when attacking minions while you were Out Of Lock, but these were very inefficient at clearing the minions (Shaman or Highlander’s very long animations, for example). Previously, we’d see heroes like Aramusha enter a Lock State to fight these minions most efficiently. So now, we instead allow the Out Of Lock Chained Attacks to be a strong option to clear these enemies.

Furthermore – we’ve improved some targeting and movement issues involved with selecting which opponent to launch an Out Of Lock attack towards.

General

Rolls now have 300ms vulnerability to Guard Breaks at the start of their animations.

Developer comment: While we want Roll to be a useful option to escape from outnumbered situations, we do not want it to be a consistently safe option to escape most mix-ups in 1v1 situations.

Rolls now all have 200ms at the end of their animations where the player can get Guard Broken but still be able to Counter it.

Developer comment: It felt bad to time a Guard Break against an opponent rolling to hit near or at the end of the roll animation only to bounce off because the whole rolling animation was 100% invulnerable to Guard Breaks – and you’d be vulnerable for the failed Guard Break.

The full Dodge Unlock Roll animation is 300ms longer. The same length as a Double Back Dodge Roll.

Developer comment: Dodge Unlock Roll was the better roll to use at all time since it was shorter than Double Back Dodge Roll.

In all Game Modes, Soldiers and Pikemen’s attack now interrupt Revive, Execution, and Interactions.

Developer comment: The intention is to allow these minions to be used as strong ingredients – you will need to control the space around an attempted revive/execution/interaction now.

Changing stance while activating Revenge no longer removes the ability to Unbalance attacking heroes.

Matchmaking

[Adjustment] Players who re-enter matchmaking within 5 minutes after finding a match will no longer be match make with the same players, this applied to 1v1, 2v2 & 4v4). This also fixes the “Find New Opponent” feature in Duels.
Note that canceling a match making request will reset that list of temporary “blacklisted” players.

Voice Chat

Voice chat is now activated by default to “Open” (Team Only) on consoles and “Push to Talk” on PC. Go to Options, Audio to configure this improvement to your liking.

Quit Penalty

We are reactivating the Quit Penalty for all casual game modes. The Matchmaking Penalty is now set to 900 seconds (15 minutes). Please note that the Penalty will not be applied to all leave reasons like in Ranked.

Developer Comment: Developer comment: Following the increase of player’s leaving in casual matches, we set a penalty timer for any player leaving a casual match. Those players are denied matchmaking for the next 15 minutes. This update should reduce the amount of PvP matches in which bots are replacing players. This is a direct feedback from Marching Fire – Open Test on Breach.

Map Vote

Map vote can now be changed in the post-game lobby.

Knight_Raime
10-12-2018, 05:51 PM
I love how they fixed duel matchmaking. Was a big complaint of mine.
That being said i'm a bit bummed that no hitbox adjustments were mentioned for JJ.
Nor was the bug with Nuxia's deflect mentioned on being fixed. (follow up isn't guaranteed.)

CandleInTheDark
10-12-2018, 05:53 PM
I love how they fixed duel matchmaking. Was a big complaint of mine.
That being said i'm a bit bummed that no hitbox adjustments were mentioned for JJ.
Nor was the bug with Nuxia's deflect mentioned on being fixed. (follow up isn't guaranteed.)

At the same time it is a meaty amount of damage for a deflect, it is different to be certain, she also got very positive improvements with the traps initiating chains.

Knight_Raime
10-12-2018, 05:59 PM
At the same time it is a meaty amount of damage for a deflect, it is different to be certain, she also got very positive improvements with the traps initiating chains.

is it 40 damage?
should be nerfed then if that's the reason it hasn't been changed.
pk and orochi both have 35 deflects.

and yeah. But it doesn't address how reactable traps are in general.
I get why they wouldn't have been able to address that before launch though. Due to the inherent nature of traps it makes them hard to balance.

EvoX.
10-12-2018, 06:41 PM
So dodge roll will be rendered useless. Great, back to complete guessing games, because that definitely takes skill.

I'm glad ''Find New Opponent(s)'' will actually do what it says. Good, if a little bit overdue, change there.

iDARKS3ID
10-12-2018, 08:02 PM
They didn't mention anything about Raider side heavy punish after a guardbreak change. Was this intended? or just for testing purposes?.

bhitrock
10-12-2018, 08:42 PM
Starting with the Marching Fire update, the price of all 6 Year 1 DLC characters is reduced 10,000 steel (from 15,000 steel). This affects: Shinobi, Centurion, Highlander, Gladiator, Aramusha and Shaman.

Developer Comment:With the release of Marching Fire and the introduction of the 4 new Wu-Lin Heroes, we’ve decided to lower the Steel cost of the Year 1 DLC Heroes as to improve their accessibility .

Starter Edition

The price of the Heroes Bundle is dropping from 50,000 steel to 25,000 steel.
Will players who already own those heroes get any refund?

CandleInTheDark
10-12-2018, 09:04 PM
They didn't mention anything about Raider side heavy punish after a guardbreak change. Was this intended? or just for testing purposes?.

In the den following the tech test they said raider had been used as a test to see if they could shave off smaller increments as part of a future large scale balance pass.

EvoX.
10-12-2018, 10:46 PM
Will players who already own those heroes get any refund?

Nope.

Dry.Fish
10-13-2018, 12:45 AM
Will the price of the OG hero's be reduced in the Starter Edition or is it just the hero bundle?

Helnekromancer
10-13-2018, 10:30 PM
Wait, I didn't see anything about removing the interaction between Heroes and minions in which a Hero can guardbreak a nearby minion.

I know this is a small issue but it's really annoying when you are fighting on the minion flag and your opponent is behind a minion and you attempt to guardbreak them, only to grab the minion instead, and now the enemy gets a free heavy because you're locked in the guardbreak animation.

RexXZ347
10-14-2018, 11:28 AM
Aramusha patch. Lol. It's a nerf again.

SuguruMisato
10-16-2018, 05:23 AM
We are reactivating the Quit Penalty for all casual game modes. The Matchmaking Penalty is now set to 900 seconds (15 minutes). Please note that the Penalty will not be applied to all leave reasons like in Ranked.

Yeah, thanks. So now I cannot live a game that I've been put into and the score is 700 to 100... And I'm supposed to just simply watch as I get ****ed and then leave. Your moves, Ubisoft, are more and more pathetic...

GayForShugoki
10-16-2018, 05:32 AM

Yeah, thanks. So now I cannot live a game that I've been put into and the score is 700 to 100... And I'm supposed to just simply watch as I get ****ed and then leave. Your moves, Ubisoft, are more and more pathetic...

IIRC, there's a leave penalty grace period. It will tell you when you'll be penalised.

Charmzzz
10-16-2018, 10:02 AM
IIRC, there's a leave penalty grace period. It will tell you when you'll be penalised.

It was 30 seconds back when the first leave penalty was active.