PDA

View Full Version : no longer playing

novamj
10-12-2018, 04:55 PM
Here we are almost 2 weeks post early launch and still no resolution to the missing preorder content. This has pretty much driven me from the game. Its sad because me daughter loved watching me play and she doesn't understand why I don't want to. When I explain that Ubisoft failed to deliver items I paid for she says that's wrong and they should give people back their money. I agree, but realistically that is not going to happen. Best I can do is take it on the chin and walk away.

marc5916
10-12-2018, 06:06 PM
Well, i guess other people are facing the same problem as you.

And as you have paid for the game anyway, not playing it at all, is not the wisest choice either.

That's my personal opinion though. :)

> I paid for she says that's wrong and they should give people back their money.

That's fair!

Did you asked your daughter this too?

We paid more for a game without getting our moneys worth, should we now just throw the game away, instead of playing it at least?

I'm curious what she has to say about that matter.

novamj
10-12-2018, 06:32 PM
I asked to return this in several communications actually and, for the most part, was ignored. Like I said, all I can do is take it on the chin and walk away. It a sunk cost at this point. but going forward I will not purchase from Ubisoft. Lets not act like this is the first time stuff like this has happened. I get it,mistakes happen but so far Ubisoft has only come out and said they are looking into it. They actually acknowledge that they will correct the error and then they go ghost. Nothing. I've had several other issues similar to this by other publishers and they correct the mistake within days, not weeks.

novamj
10-12-2018, 06:35 PM
For the record, my last communication from them was 5 days ago. Sorry if you feel that is acceptable.

marc5916
10-12-2018, 06:58 PM
> They actually acknowledge that they will correct the error and then they go ghost. Nothing.

Well without offending you, if there is a major problem with the pre-order goodies, you can't do otherwise than wait.

And as i said, you are not the only one.

Besides everything went smooth with the pre-orders from Origins anyway.

So, why would Ubi deliberately cancel the pre-orders from Odyssey without any good reason?

That doesn't make sense.

I know, the whole situation makes you angry, that's understandable.

But still, if there is major problem on that matter you can't do otherwise than wait, and on those occasions a fixed time frame for getting the problem solved doesn't exist either.

That game rocks my friend.

I'm hopping, the problem will get be fixed soon for you and the other people around. :)

novamj
10-12-2018, 07:08 PM
Ubisoft didn't cancel anything. The paper with the codes to unlock the pre-order items was not included in some of the editions. I admit the game is awesome, I am just disgusted with the whole process so far. So why continue to play a game that I am pissed at? I'm a principles guy.

marc5916
10-12-2018, 07:15 PM
>The paper with the codes to unlock the pre-order items was not included in some of the editions.

Oh! that's something new!

Have you contacted the shop from where you bought that game about that unfortunate event?

novamj
10-12-2018, 07:24 PM
It was the spartan edition and a direct buy from Ubisoft. Starting to see my frustration?

marc5916
10-12-2018, 07:35 PM
Sorry for bothering you that long.

Are all codes missing?

Even the code for the The Season pass?

I think that matters most!

I guess you got all your Physical content with that package, right?

Anyway, you have some missing codes, so i would contact Ubisoft again.

And at worse even by phone.

strange-omens
10-12-2018, 08:10 PM
This same thing happened to me and I too have contacted UBISOFT on many occasions only to get no response besides" we're investigating this", I understand this guys frustration completely...I originally ordered the Kassandra edition through gamestop and cancelled when i discovered that it didn't include the DELUXE EDITION content. My wife and I decided to go through UBISOFT directly and ordered the SPARTAN edition which includes the DELUXE EDITION content...what a MISTAKE and a NIGHTMARE this has been constantly hearing them BS us PAYING customers and LIE directly to us by telling us EMPTY promises of DElivering the missing codes and the supposed EXTRA helix credits they were supposed to compensate us with!!!!! ALL LIES and FRUSTRATION you see and I now have impatiently been awaiting the arrival of a passkey that they have been PROMISING us PAYING customers with!!!! I too will NEVER order through UBISOFT again and though this game is FANTASTIC and I still will play their games, THEIR customer service is GARBAGE!!! HOWEVER I PAID FOR MY GAME< AND BECAUSE OF THAT YES< I WILL CONTINUE TO ENJOY PLAYING IT the DELUXE CONTENT is USELESS at this point but I"M not going to NOT play my GAME because of it...but if that's what they choose to do with theirs than I have NO say in that matter.

ThroneOvSeth
10-13-2018, 06:01 PM
Not playing the game for some ****ty missing deluxe edition items is laughable. I understand your frustration towards Ubi and it's fine because they failed in this case... but let's put it like this:

I ordered Gold Edition, so I never had any deluxe content or any other bonus content to look forward to, and BAM I am playing this game and having fun every single minute with it. It's amazing, honestly, and I think it is sad that you force yourself to not play what you payed for already anyway.