PDA

View Full Version : Latest update has broken ACO on Xbox One X

rareroboduck
10-10-2018, 01:50 PM
As much as I hope this is an isolated issue for just myself, it appears that this morning's update has broken ACO for me.

I just arrived in the first town to collect my drachmae, and while running through the town my character and the environment around it froze. I could still pan the camera around and press the menu buttons, but the menus did not load. I cannot go to the game menu, load the map, etc.

I've uninstalled the game and will be reinstalling it, and will update as soon as I have an update.

Ubi-Bandicoot
10-10-2018, 02:09 PM
As much as I hope this is an isolated issue for just myself, it appears that this morning's update has broken ACO for me.

I just arrived in the first town to collect my drachmae, and while running through the town my character and the environment around it froze. I could still pan the camera around and press the menu buttons, but the menus did not load. I cannot go to the game menu, load the map, etc.

I've uninstalled the game and will be reinstalling it, and will update as soon as I have an update.

Hey man,

Thanks for letting us know, please keep us updated with what happens after reinstallation.

XeroSyphon
10-10-2018, 02:52 PM
Same thing happened to me a few days ago. I went to the Home screen and quit the game completely.

mdirbmoon
10-10-2018, 02:54 PM

After the update , launched the game , froze after loading my save on a black screen made my Xbox one X crash and shut down , second time the game loaded after two seconds of walking , the textures kept disappearing and reappearing then crashed and my xbox shutdown again please let me know if reinstalling the game solved the issue .

Update:

deleted the game redownloaded reinstalled now it freezes in loading screen , played other games everything seems perfectly normal no overheating no freezing or crashing except for Odyssey i hope this would be fixed soon thnx

jamie187c
10-10-2018, 03:22 PM
Freezing on my Xbox one also as soon as I load save I loaded a previous save same thing tried again a few times then it worked fix issue please

Master-DeathRay
10-10-2018, 03:57 PM
After update, the game crashes at the loading screen. Tried new game, crashed after intro.

flightyfairy
10-10-2018, 05:49 PM
I’m having the same issues,freezing like it’s in picture mode.

dcy0ung
10-10-2018, 06:07 PM
My game also doesnt work since the update, I get dashboarded instantly after trying to launch. The game doesnt even start for me.

Mogambo1989
10-10-2018, 06:19 PM
Same problem on loading screen here. :(

RadiantPup15264
10-10-2018, 06:26 PM
Aco crashes immediately upon starting the game (@loading screen), it returns to xbox dashboard.
Haven't had this problem before. Seems to be a problem with the update.

Update: Aco works again, had to delete the whole game and then reinstall

kindredblad2011
10-10-2018, 06:31 PM
That's what I feared....

The game worked perfectly fine for a week ,but now, after I downloaded the patch, the game systematically crashes while I'm loading my save file. Very disapointing....

Skylarkgaming99
10-10-2018, 06:45 PM
Iíve had the same issue with it freezing then crashing soon after loading any of my saves.

rareroboduck
10-10-2018, 07:17 PM
Hey man,

Thanks for letting us know, please keep us updated with what happens after reinstallation.

Uninstalling and reinstalling did solve the freezing issue, but there's another issue that's arisen. The only issue I've seen in the last hour or so of playing was when I was speaking to Markos and there was a flashback scene to when Markos and Kassandra first met.

Once that cutscene was over, the screen stayed white instead of going back to the conversation. I dashboarded and quit the game. Reloaded it and the conversation/scene worked, but I would note that as a possible issue with any of those kind of interactions.

LiveNumber5
10-10-2018, 08:36 PM
Hi again I have found out what the problem is when the game is doing a save it shows up that it has saved it 3 times instead of one then when I go to load game or continue game it is obviously not saving the game properly .I have been on here for over 3 hours tonight and out of 7 saves which it has done none of them will come on I have had to use an earlier save .which means I am not getting any further in the game .

yesterday I did notice someone else on the Ubisoft forums was also having the same problem so can you please help
I have had problems all day yesterday and now all tonight I am sick of having to reload my game

ZombieGrl24
10-10-2018, 08:40 PM
I had the same problem as everyone else with game crashing after update I just uninstalled and reinstalled and now my game is working perfectly fine with the update installed did not go to offline mode. Hope this helps.

Nightshade1127
10-10-2018, 08:50 PM
Arrived in Phokis to meet with Elpenor and as soon as the cutscene starts, my game crashes to dashboard on Xbox One X. The quest is the Wolf's Fate. Anyone else have any fixes that may help? The game has created nine autosaves outside of his house each time it has crashed.

lunario1
10-10-2018, 08:53 PM
Same problem on loading screen here. :(

playing on xbox x here didn't have any issues with the update so far

Nightshade1127
10-10-2018, 09:21 PM
Reinstalling and will update to see if that will fix anything.

Nightshade1127
10-10-2018, 09:50 PM
Reinstalling and will update to see if that will fix anything.

After the uninstall and reinstall, my problem has been fixed. Ubi you might wanna broadcast this out over social media or something. I'm sure this update will cause more issues.

mccharly2000
10-10-2018, 10:19 PM
I have the Problem that the Game wont not start. Other Games from Disk working perfect. Reinstall have not work, i have done 3 Times. :(

sarddenso
10-10-2018, 11:33 PM
I am having problems since the update also although it didnt hit me straight away but now it is pretty bad.

This is what iíve encountered:

1. Game freezing when trying to autosave when moving location. All HUD is hidden and all you see is the saving icon in the bottom left.

2. Loading an autosave didnt work. Once it just had a black screen with the busy icon in tht bottom left. Other times the load progress bar gets very close to the end but not completing.

3. I recruited a bandit and hit the start button to show the menu. After that, the screens were empty. All the icons disappeared and you couldnt get to the main menu.

4. Loading a quick save seems to be ok, but i am worried my saves since the update are all a bit dodgy.

5. Sometimes on the loading screen, the icons that are part of the tips do not show.

PeachDream
10-11-2018, 05:32 AM
The game will not load past the continue game. The tips will load and the fire is going on the load screen then a blue loading bar pops up. Then the load screen freezes and returns back to xbox home. This occured after i updated today10-10-18 6pm

Kazley
10-11-2018, 05:57 AM
Having the dame problem on my Xbox One X, loading screen goes good and then when im starting to move the game freeze instantly. This has begun after update!

gorgonberry14
10-11-2018, 09:55 AM
I am experiencing multiple crashes (6 so far) within 2 hours of update and gameplay ... i believe the update has bugged the xbox one to crash constantly also on a slightly different note .....my mercenary list wont refresh i have killed at least 10 of them but they not appearing or refresh completely when i get dashboarded

ACMeyers
10-11-2018, 12:56 PM
Once I booted the game up after the update, the colors were off and the game was laggy. I quit, restarted my xbox and now "the game is taking too long to start" and I can't even get into it. Xbox/other games work just fine. Please fix it Ubisoft!

delta-9ine
10-11-2018, 01:21 PM
I've had the same issue since updating yesterday. Ubisoft told me to power cycle my system. I have, my system is fine. This patch broke the game and I would really like to know what Ubisoft is doing to fix this. You broke something that wasn't broken.

Ubi-Bandicoot
10-11-2018, 01:54 PM
Hey guys.

A potential workaround is to delete your local saves and then re-download these from the cloud afterwards.

If you're still experiencing crashing/freezing can you give this a shot and let us know if it helps or not?

delta-9ine
10-11-2018, 02:35 PM
No luck here, gave into uninstalling and waiting the 4 days for downloading again. Really need a patch rollback option.

gabiboytoto
10-11-2018, 07:06 PM
I can loot dead soldiers but cant press Y to open Treasure Chests. I also cant pick up iron on the ground. Love this game, please fix can not continue in present state.

sarddenso
10-11-2018, 10:54 PM
Hey guys.

A potential workaround is to delete your local saves and then re-download these from the cloud afterwards.

If you're still experiencing crashing/freezing can you give this a shot and let us know if it helps or not?

Hi Bandicoot,

Thanks for the tip.

Is there anyway to check whether my saves have made it to the cloud before i delete my hard earned saves?

Could i try it with just deleting one save?
Or is there a way to backup before deleting them?

Thanks very much!

DOZZA5102
10-12-2018, 03:58 AM
So i've had the same issue here as most with the game crashing at the main menu after the latest update, I tried what Ubisoft Bandicoot suggested with deleting my saves yet that made no change whatsoever to the issue. Hopefully this can be fixed soon.

Ubi-Bandicoot
10-12-2018, 09:01 AM
Hi Bandicoot,

Thanks for the tip.

Is there anyway to check whether my saves have made it to the cloud before i delete my hard earned saves?

Could i try it with just deleting one save?
Or is there a way to backup before deleting them?

Thanks very much!

If you're connected to online services, your save will automatically upload. When you go to delete the save, there should also be a listing for two types of saves, make sure only to delete local storage and not online storage.

Also thanks to everyone who tried this and reported back, very sorry if it didn't help with this. We are still investigating this with urgency.

amyxparker
10-12-2018, 01:35 PM
If you're connected to online services, your save will automatically upload. When you go to delete the save, there should also be a listing for two types of saves, make sure only to delete local storage and not online storage.

Also thanks to everyone who tried this and reported back, very sorry if it didn't help with this. We are still investigating this with urgency.

can you please advise when this will be fixed and if a new patch will fix it thank yoi

x VooDooCat x
10-12-2018, 01:54 PM
This does not appear to be widespread, but can be addressed by the player by holding the Xbox One power button on the console for 10 seconds to restart. This worked for me

amyxparker
10-12-2018, 07:43 PM

This does not appear to be widespread, but can be addressed by the player by holding the Xbox One power button on the console for 10 seconds to restart. This worked for me
just did another update tonight and even tried the rest above still the same it works for 2mins then freezes and then crashes

sarddenso
10-13-2018, 11:29 PM

Thanks for the extra instructions!

By the time i went to try it, my xbox downloaded another updat though. around 230mb

In the main menu at the bottom right it still says 1.0.3 but if you click on it the patch notes now say 1.0.4 and they include fixing game breaking and stability issues.

Since this update iíve not had any major issues. Only problem iíve noticed so far is a bit of a stutter every now and then, not sure if it is from auto saving or loading new areas.

Thanks for your help Bandicoot!

Venarmastersith
10-14-2018, 12:11 AM
Hello as mention in the post above for me the patch 1.04 introduce quite a bit of stuttering that seems to occur every 100 meters in game. I believe itís tied to a changes is LOD because I notice if I am traveling through a tunnel or a area with limited LOD then the stutter is reduced or gone. I am on a Xbox One S, already tried all the standard troubleshooting options but the stutter persists.

Venarmastersith
10-14-2018, 12:19 AM
As a follow up to my previous post I want to provide more information that could help with debugging my game runs on a external hard drive, and was wondering if that might be a common factor for us

Lucaspaulucci
10-14-2018, 04:04 AM
Im not playing with external HD and have the same problem

mancfoo
10-14-2018, 09:08 AM
I have also noticed a significant amount of stutter playing on Xbox One X since patch 1.0.4. I’m also playing from an external hard drive - was not having the issue before recent patch though. It’s like the game just freezes momentarily but quite regularly - very distracting.

frongss
10-14-2018, 11:24 AM
My game crashes at the are of the main quest on Andros. Every time im wandering on Andros the game freezes. If im on my ship and try to southest point of the island it crashes. If i enter the island from the north making my way to south point it crashes. It wouldnt bother me if there was nothing. But there is a cultist i need to kill and cant reach him without crashing my game.

Have tried other saves, hard rebooting.

bigky226
10-14-2018, 08:00 PM
Also running into considering amouts of stutter since patch 1.04, every 30 seconds to one minute. Very irritating and unplayable for me like this, fresh reinstall & hard reset has solved nothing. Playing on Xb1x and external HD, seems widespread lots of others on AC subreddit experiencing the same since this latest patch. 100% the latest patch has done this had no issues prior to this. Hope it gets fixed asap

SingleFile
10-15-2018, 01:05 AM
Playing on Xbox One X. After latest update I was doing the cyclops end quest and experienced severe stuttering and hitching along with slain enemies clipping into the ground with strange stretched looking artifacts rising from their bodies. I havenít had any issues prior to this, however once this occurred the stuttering and hitching continued until I turned it off. I have not tried playing it since but clearly something is not right. Please look into this. Iíve been having a blast with the game but this is unplayable. Physical version if it matters.

sarddenso
10-15-2018, 05:51 AM
It seems i am not getting the stutter nearly as frequently as many other players.

Just to add a bit more info, my play style i travel by foot everywhere while on land. Maybe this gives the game more time to pre load?

For thos who get stuttera every 30 seconds, is it when youíre on horseback travelling across areas? Or does it happen even when youíre on foot not going to a new location?

frongss
10-15-2018, 08:18 AM
Update: i erased and reinstalled the game. It works smoothly again.

Sp3ctr3187
10-15-2018, 12:34 PM
Not just on the One X man..the games Framerate is horrible now and the game crashes to dashboard constantly especially while at sea or flying as the eagle. This never happened in Origins and I bought it day one as well. I really do not want to erase and reinstall... it will take 10 hours to redownload this game!!

Vickya
10-15-2018, 02:02 PM
New update has made it so I can't even get to the warning screen my game won't even launch now. And I don't want to reinstall one that will take my internet the better part of a day that and I'll lose my save which I have gotten quite far, I know replayablitiy and all that but I at least wanna finish my first game before having to start again! What happened to the days when a game was sold when it was properly finished?

flightyfairy
10-15-2018, 03:08 PM
Ok, so I uninstalled the game to my external drive then reinstalled it back to the Xbox,then I unplugged it and restarted it (after I had installed the mini patch) and the game is still stuttering and *spoiler alert * I found a flag for sale in the market in Korinthia,bought it twice and never found it in my inventory,but it was no longer for sale-what gives?

dethrattlehead
10-16-2018, 11:51 PM
Game is stuttering and freezing on X. The freezes last a few seconds then stop, but happen often. Stutter is persistent. This game is amazing so do the right thing and patch the issues.

mahburg
10-17-2018, 09:07 AM
As I put on another thread I am having these issues with crashing constantly while loading, impossible to get into the game any prospect of a fix?

Will try the save game deletion later today but frankly it seems more hard core than a corrupted save file to me.

Lucaspaulucci
10-17-2018, 06:11 PM
We need a new patch Ubisoft quickly

bigky226
10-18-2018, 07:51 PM
And the new patch has fixed nothing...... really disappointing

THUNDERTHUMB
06-24-2019, 09:42 PM
Ubi claimed they fixed the problem with 1.0.4 patch? I still have the exact same problems, they started last week and I cannot get the the game to run for more then 2 minutes. It even freezes when I start a new campaign during the loading screen.

Ubi-Swaggins
06-25-2019, 10:59 AM
Hey THUNDERTHUMB,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the forums.

This issue should have been resolved, have you tried the steps in this FAQ (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000026628/Basic-Xbox-One-Troubleshooting)?

THUNDERTHUMB
06-25-2019, 09:22 PM
Hi Ubi-Swaggins.

Tried everything. Ubi Germany just got a YouTube video I did for them. I can post it here. Longest I can play is one minute in general. Crashes every time, even if I start a new game. I tried anything, also reinstalling after deleting the game.

Nothing helps

Hey THUNDERTHUMB,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the forums.

This issue should have been resolved, have you tried the steps in this FAQ (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000026628/Basic-Xbox-One-Troubleshooting)?

Ubi-Swaggins
06-27-2019, 12:29 PM
Thanks for getting back to me, if you have the video, can you please drop me a direct link to it?

Cheers.