PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.06 aesthetic vs. quality of life.

Mohawk-Helmut
10-10-2018, 10:45 AM
Any chance to roll back some of the visual changes made?

1. I LOVED how my Hades Bow didn't make my arrows glow until I had full drawn the bow. Now it looks like a cheap recycle effect hand down from AC: Origins and I HATE, I HATE EVERYTHING that reminds me so distinctly of AC Origins. Please, I'm begging you, fix the image for my Hades Bow or really any weapon that makes all regular arrows fire arrows. Just make the arrows glow red hot/bright orange on full draw not at all times it looks so ****ing tacky.

2. Get rid of that God awful icon marker to show a piece of gear has an engraving. That or just add a colored glowing border on the menu icon itself and assign a different color to each engraving type categorized by raw damage, support or enhancement (enhances warrior ability or crit rate. e.g.) the engraving symbol on my gear menu icon is distracting and also really tacky as hell.

I personally don't need my character sheet to display a color background based on what level of upgrade I've invested in Arrow Mastery but it's sort of a minor nice touch.

The big thing is those ******* burning arrows before I even draw the Hades Bow, just makes it look like some trash heap Bayek should have found my mythical weapon of lore from. Also those engraving icons on the menu image tiles... Please GOD change or remove them. I've given an example of just one way you can communicate an engraving is present. Shouldn't even need a reminder if people just read with their own god given eyes the full weapon description before putting the damn thing on.

Oyvind96
10-10-2018, 01:44 PM
Did the patch fix any of the gamebreaking bugs people are experiencing?

Ubi-Bandicoot
10-10-2018, 02:19 PM
Did the patch fix any of the gamebreaking bugs people are experiencing?

Patch notes will be up soon, anything not listed will either be under investigation from the development team or slated for a future update

Crazybasil
10-10-2018, 02:24 PM
1.06 sounds like future.

marc5916
10-10-2018, 05:59 PM
What's up with the 1.03 patch that just arrived to PS4 and XBOX One?

I guess it's valid right?

https://www.vgr.com/assassins-creed-odyssey-update-1-03-just-released-for-ps4-and-xbox-one/

Mohawk-Helmut
10-10-2018, 07:55 PM
Was 3 AM by me when it launched. Meant to say 1.03 in title thread, RIP respectable rant.

In the notes for PS4 update history when you press options on the game in the dash board it said bug fixes and "quality of life". The things I noticed immediately were the quest "Minotaur de Force" auto added to my quest list even though I already killed him and have no interest in wearing his head around like some herectic heathen.

Spoilers there's a Minotaur, I guess for anyone who didn't know. The other changes were the above mentioned Hades Bow no longer has a cool charge up glow effect when you are nocking and drawing a standard arrow similar to how a poison arrow is drawn on any bow. The Hades Bow fire arrow effect used to glow more subtle and it's still distinct enough to know it was a fire arrow is slotted, since you know, that's it's legendary perk for all normal arrows.

Only other update I noticed was the really ugly symbol on equipment item images to denote an extra engraving is present. I still stand by just adding a color to the border of the item images card to show the engraving type. Maybe gold for a legendary engraving etc.