PDA

View Full Version : Take gear stats out the game

Mateo99972
10-09-2018, 07:24 PM
Theres no point in trying outvall the heros and ranking them up bc if you do that match making puts you with higher players might have the same rep in total but you play ith all the characters when the guy on the other team just plays with one heros and has all his reps in that one hero. So you have a situation where you can barely be rep 2 gear stat 50 and go up against someone rep 18 gear stat 180. Its an unbalanced for gear stats to even take apart of the game. Maybe put perks for all heros but when you jave people repping all heros up amd then you have people who just play one person to get that gear stat max. Great thinking nubisoft.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
10-09-2018, 07:31 PM
No way they would never EVER, EVER, EVER get rid of gear stats. Theyve said this many, many, many times.

DefiledDragon
10-09-2018, 07:34 PM
Gear stats will no longer be a thing once Marching Fire releases and they will be replaced with perks.

yfkutfui
10-09-2018, 07:41 PM
Gear stats will no longer be a thing once Marching Fire releases and they will be replaced with perks.

are they getting rid of gear stats? i thought they were doing something with the feats? i'd imagine everyone who spent a lot of time and steel to get good gear (myself included) will be pretty choked about seeing all that effort flushed down the toilet?

id like to see feats re-balanced as there totall cheap and are unlocked with little effort and even some re-balancing to gear stats would be OK but long term committed players should be rewarded for their time and effort, its the same in all games isn't it?

DefiledDragon
10-09-2018, 07:42 PM
are they getting rid of gear stats? i thought they were doing something with the feats? i'd imagine everyone who spent a lot of time and steel to get good gear (myself included) will be pretty choked about seeing all that effort flushed down the toilet?

id like to see feats re-balanced as there totall cheap and are unlocked with little effort and even some re-balancing to gear stats would be OK but long term committed players should be rewarded for their time and effort, its the same in all games isn't it?

Yep, a lot of people were pissed when they announced the replacement of gear stats with perks for the exact reasons you just said, but that's what they're doing so they won't be a thing after the 16th of this month.

Mateo99972
10-09-2018, 07:48 PM
Yep, a lot of people were pissed when they announced the replacement of gear stats with perks for the exact reasons you just said, but that's what they're doing so they won't be a thing after the 16th of this month.
Thank god honestly because it threw off match mking like i said with my first post. People may have the same rep but in different ways.tqkes fun out the game when you have a hard time playing a new hero bc everyone elses gear stats are out the *** just because they cant play no one else or decide not to. Then playing a game mode with then without gear stat it messes up the whole getting used to the character situation

VampireDovah
10-09-2018, 07:52 PM
Gear stats can make games very un fun, a players with less skill can sometimes make away with a win cuz they kill people in one combo

yfkutfui
10-09-2018, 08:00 PM
Gear stats can make games very un fun, a players with less skill can sometimes make away with a win cuz they kill people in one combo

yea i hear what your saying but we all play by the same rules, to suddenly shift the goalposts after 7 seasons is very cheesy indeed, a lot of people put a lot of time effort and even cash into getting better gear, to now just throw all that out seems unfair to me,

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
10-09-2018, 08:23 PM
yea i hear what your saying but we all play by the same rules, to suddenly shift the goalposts after 7 seasons is very cheesy indeed, a lot of people put a lot of time effort and even cash into getting better gear, to now just throw all that out seems unfair to me,

Not to me. Playing video games in this day and age you should already know servers can be shut down, updates, nerfs and buffs can happen. You play these games knowing you can buy DLC and it be nerfed the next day. Im not saying it should or shouldnt be like this. I am saying that this is the way the console gaming market works.

However if something is of QOL, I will side with the company. And this is an improvement in QOL.

yfkutfui
10-09-2018, 09:44 PM
Not to me. Playing video games in this day and age you should already know servers can be shut down, updates, nerfs and buffs can happen. You play these games knowing you can buy DLC and it be nerfed the next day. Im not saying it should or shouldnt be like this. I am saying that this is the way the console gaming market works.

However if something is of QOL, I will side with the company. And this is an improvement in QOL.

i must confess to not being as up to date on the fickle nature of Video game developers whims as yourself but duly noted, my one take away being to make sure i never spend money in game again.

BLOOD-E-BARON
10-09-2018, 10:56 PM
OP it's worth watching warriors den or atleast reading the summary written up on this forum. As defileddragon said gear stats are out come marching fire

Helnekromancer
10-10-2018, 02:49 AM
I honestly wish they balanced the feats out before they removed gear stats. I never had a problem fighting high rep people when I was low. My problem was all the ****ing nuked that would wipe people at breaking.

How in the hell are you suppose to comeback from breaking if you can split up (because you will get ganked) and you can't group up (because some idiot will get 4 man Catapult/Spear Storm). It breaks a core part of 4v4 and nothing is being done about it.

Or better yet Orochi and Shinobi Smoke Bomb - Kiai combo that is pure aids or the fact that Lawbringer can smuggle 3 bombs onto the battlefield or that a Berserker can activate fear itself and sharpen blades and kill everyone in 2 swings and god forbid if that arm flailing hobo child pops revenge, then you'll really see some arms flailing.