PDA

View Full Version : Centurion needs a serius buff

segnor_bandito
10-09-2018, 04:15 PM
Wassup yall, after months plaiyng my main the centurion, over and over agaisn't every other hero i can just say he's ruined seriusly he is completely useless since kiddos complained about him since release, he has no good opener and if you say he has kick punch or this stuff just know that those are 80% useless, we indeed have guaranteed combos but he's atm a hero that plays on other ppl mistakes so if you do get caught it's your own fault because his kick is so slow u have all the time to dodge it, his unblockable is so slow you can counter it pretty easy and without worries even without stamina, light attack and then grab? hahahahhaha it would be nice if it coulld land once and we still have lowest hp in the game for hybrids and guaranteed combos are not good at all if the only way to land them is if the enemy is dumb enough to make such a plain mistake that allows us to grab him and we need to be close to a wall too lmao, there's no more INCREDIBILIS in dis boi.
And all this just to say he eithjer needs good buff to what he has rn or a rework on his abilities.
Thonks for reading, write something down there to share more opinions, tough don't if you're a salty boy who can't play so counter cent wich is an easy opponent imo.

guest-Nez6tBu0
10-09-2018, 04:40 PM
I can feel you

1. make his kick chargeable and feintable, similar like warden: 1/ no charge = normal kick - LightAttack 2/ half charge - Heavy Attack(20dmg) 3/ full charge just strong kick with push back effect able to hit walls, you would be able to hit by chargeable hit but it is not guaranteed
2. faster feints
3. able to feint chargeable hits, and soft feint into GB or punch

PepsiBeastin
10-09-2018, 05:51 PM
Lower the damage he gets off a single parry near a wall and sure, buff him all you want.

segnor_bandito
10-09-2018, 05:58 PM
yhea let's make his kick slower too if we're at it lel

yfkutfui
10-09-2018, 08:12 PM
sorry, im a veteran of S2, i will NEVER feel any love or sympathy for Centurions, Never! i dance over their decaying corpses

i actually think they should be nerfed, hard!

The16th-Legion
10-09-2018, 08:41 PM
*cries in lawbringer main*

segnor_bandito
10-09-2018, 08:52 PM
fook it lawbringers need a rework TOO p-p

yfkutfui
10-09-2018, 09:53 PM
*cries in lawbringer main*

Yaaaay Lawbringers forever!!!!!!!!

we bring the bombage to the battlefield along with the salt and the Law and don't you Roman pussies forget it!

BadBOO17
10-09-2018, 10:02 PM
Well a given is to be able to cancel his zone after an attack because outside of minion control is pretty much completely useless.

I think if he could cancel/feint his punch as well would help since Its pretty much a easy GB or dodge attack in most cases. So if he could cancel that to either parry dodge attacks and/or cgb would be a nice change. No i dont want him to be able to cancel and GB off it. A 50/50 like that as we have seen is very strong from the past with warden.

Think these would help improve cent and wouldnt be overbuffing.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-09-2018, 10:30 PM
I could get behind the zone cancel. I have no love for centurions though. A character shouldn't take off 75 percent of your health with one cinematic combo and leave you stamina drained then ask for a buff every month so they can go back to the golden days of infinite wall splat.

candyman617
10-09-2018, 11:01 PM
Honestly I still think the devs should’ve given him a scutum.

HerrNein
10-09-2018, 11:48 PM
I don't think people realize why they cant buff Cent.

It's clearly because, like the Italians in real life, they are used to sandbag the team they are on to give the others a chance.

Helnekromancer
10-10-2018, 01:42 AM
If they let Centurion cancel his zone, they should do it for Shinobi too. It's like his only coolest move but it is always parried at the end.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-10-2018, 06:20 AM
If they let Centurion cancel his zone, they should do it for Shinobi too. It's like his only coolest move but it is always parried at the end.
Yes but cents zone can be parried at any time easily making it useless. Sure let's give shinobi an unparriable zone.

GayForShugoki
10-10-2018, 07:39 AM
I could get behind the zone cancel. I have no love for centurions though. A character shouldn't take off 75 percent of your health with one cinematic combo and leave you stamina drained then ask for a buff every month so they can go back to the golden days of infinite wall splat.

Fighting a Cent as Shugoki is just a constant OOS. Poor SHuggy takes, like, an hour to recover stamina, let alone with a cent that spams stamina draining kicks.

So annoying. You get hit by one and you're OOS again.

Klingentaenz3r
10-10-2018, 09:10 AM
Fighting a Cent as Shugoki is just a constant OOS. Poor SHuggy takes, like, an hour to recover stamina, let alone with a cent that spams stamina draining kicks.

2 headbutts and they are OOS too. You might be doing sth wrong. As Shugoki you can hyperarmor trade with the kick. And that means you can even get a guaranteed heavy into headbutt in if you time it right. On a dodge forward approach the least you can throw out safely is a light. He cannot parry due to the recoveries of the dodge movement. The max is blocking.

Daubenyfanclub
10-10-2018, 02:21 PM
Centurion needs a serious look. Everyone says that he's fine, or says that they have no love for him, when half of his moveset are just openers that only work if you have your enemy in a corner or they have the reaction time of a snail on cold medicine. OOS is Cent's specialty, but that doesn't matter when backwards dodging all of his attacks works almost flawlessly against him. He's great in groups or with a lot of aggression, but he's not solid. Either you land the cutscene or you don't and lose most of your health trying to fall back.

Everyone saying they have no love for him and want him nerfed needs to check their bias (from S2, ouch) and at the very least recognize that centurion needs a little love too.

Roseguard_Cpt
10-10-2018, 02:41 PM
Cent was broken at release and we all cried for a nerf, the only issue is they nerfed every part of his kit except the part that everyone had an issue with. That being the cutscene. While they fixed the endless cutscene, being able to lose to a Cent in 2 parries as most of the roster is rather harsh. He doesn't need a buff as much as an overhaul (yes, Cent Rework.)
Also, Centurion should not be able to feint his zone as the first hit is guaranteed on Kick. This would probably break him again.

Spectre_198
10-10-2018, 04:14 PM
He's the worst character to get ganked by with all his unbockables no ****in way does he need a buff

BadBOO17
10-10-2018, 07:28 PM
Also, Centurion should not be able to feint his zone as the first hit is guaranteed on Kick. This would probably break him again.
He has the worst zone(maybe highlander is up there too but at least he can cancel his) in game and has no use in game other then on minions. I use to try and use it on revenge knockdowns but half the time he spins some weird way and you only land one hit and get parried by the end.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-11-2018, 12:11 AM
Working on cents zone is kinda a waste of time because of how fast his heavies are. I think cent is fine mostly other than his zone is pretty lame. He has good oos pressure, good combos, great damage, an opener, active ha on his useless jump. His biggest issue in my book would be his range which isn't getting fixed.

FlyinBeef
10-11-2018, 12:50 AM
He need a normal feints. He need to reduce punish with his wall throw combo. Then there are some variants. The first variant is make a feint kick, he would able to cancel it or charge to incridibilis hyper-armor kick, which throw enemy to the ground or stun if there is a wall behind. The second varient is make feintable punch, the heavy hyper-armor punch will be undodgable and with soft feint to gb. The third variant is let him cancel his unblockable heavy not in the begining, and give him soft feint to gb. And in the all variants he would be need general changes, firstly he need zone attack feint after every hit and reduce time after infirmus to make him more dangerous against 2 enemies.

Knight_Raime
10-11-2018, 04:16 AM
Lower the damage he gets off a single parry near a wall and sure, buff him all you want.

I think you mean his parry counter. Him getting a normal parry near a wall doesn't net him anything different than if he got a normal parry in the open.
Parry counter does a knee which wall splats. I've always argued against nerfing this because Centurion has bad forward throw distance and has no way to make people play near walls.
But if the rest of his kit got substantially better then yeah. I'd be fine with nerfing the overall damage he gets from his cutscene.

If we're going to go that logic than shugoki shouldn't be able to OHK anyone regardless of health. Nor should he be able to constantly trade with people to keep you at 1/4th stamina.
Nor should raider be able to hit you with stunning tap and throw you/stampede to remove your stamina and keep it down whilst confirming 50+ damage. Centurion is hardly the only offender here. and for the most part getting to his is the hardest to do. Also it's really gross to lump in centurion fans like that. I've seen no one ask to return to infinite wall splat. So to assume we all want to be OP again is just gross. That would be like me assuming any hero you deem in need of help you're just asking for op broken things.

You're probably messing up with Goki. Goki can trade with anything centurion does and head butt to keep his stamina down. Which is incredibly oppressive for virtually any hero in the game. Your armor allows you to trade for free GB's as well which it and your golf swing let you force people near walls so you can trade GB for a throw into a wall for free demons embrace. Centurion doesn't have the advantage against goki. It's not a bad match up for either hero.

Cent was broken at release and we all cried for a nerf, the only issue is they nerfed every part of his kit except the part that everyone had an issue with. That being the cutscene. While they fixed the endless cutscene, being able to lose to a Cent in 2 parries as most of the roster is rather harsh. He doesn't need a buff as much as an overhaul (yes, Cent Rework.)

Yeah no. They nerfed parts of his kit that needed nerfing. infinite wall combo was broken. Being able to OOS everyone off a single parry was broken. jab being able to wall splat was broken. And being able to get a heavy off a kick was broken. Centurion isn't suddenly crap because they over nerfed him or nerfed the wrong things. Centurion was, is, and always will be crap because his base design is incredibly flawed. He benefitted of of poor mechanics. His kit was never good.

He's the worst character to get ganked by with all his unbockables no ****in way does he need a buff

Centurion is one of the worst gankers because his kick/punch spam massively fills people's revenge meter. Even with the removal of gear stats this will remain true. And he completely ruins other hero's max punishes because he's so reliant on getting his own to actually be worth anything in a team fight/gank. You know who's the absolute best hero to have for a gank? Shaman.

Working on cents zone is kinda a waste of time because of how fast his heavies are. I think cent is fine mostly other than his zone is pretty lame. He has good oos pressure, good combos, great damage, an opener, active ha on his useless jump. His biggest issue in my book would be his range which isn't getting fixed.

Buffing his zone in any fashion is a waste of time because his zone does nothing for him. It's purely there to minion clear. Making it viable for 1v1 wouldn't help him. Centurion is far from fine. His lights are worthless to him due to his combo strings beyond L>H. They don't play well with his heavies and since his heavies are the main focus their bad. His quick throw is garbage. His jab is useless outside of his cutscene combo because it has poor tracking and easily dodged giving everyone a free GB. His kick has to be done 300ms into dodge or later. and it's a 600ms attack. It's easy to dodge and is not an opener. His jumping heavy is slow even for trading standards and gives everyone a free GB by dodging. And since it's slow and has next to no tracking it's practically worthless.

The only thing he has going for him is decent OOS pressure and safe heavies. His cutscene combo isn't even a benefit in 1v1 or 4v4 because the unblockable portion is locked behind a combo. And there is a mandatory 400ms time after he's committed to the unblockable before it lands. And because of that anyone can easily tell if you commit to it and parry it even in an external block situation. The only time it's every going to come into play is if you manage to parry counter someone near a splattable surface. Or if you fight someone who is stupidly aggressive and tries to parry everything. The soft feint portion doesn't work against someone who turtles. Because you don't attempt to parry centurion unless he commits to the unblockable heavy or he decides to try and throw a random light. Centurion has nothing against a turtle. And only gets anything by turtling. His forward throw range is also trash. it's almost as short as orochi's.

Speedgamer2002
10-11-2018, 06:06 PM
You are aware that the only legitimate opener cent has is the kick, the very reactable free guard break kick? Do you possess the ability to move laterally? Do you have any idea how easy it is to deal with a cent in an open field? Cent is a lot like aramusha in a sense that their noob stompers, try learning to cgb and or parry.

EvoX.
10-11-2018, 10:46 PM
Been saying that since early 2018. Centurion has so many disadvantages and outdated mechanics, you can easily tell he's been ravaged by nerfs and treated with neglect.

I mean, seriously? A 600ms Kick that can only be activated 400ms into a front dash? Unfaintable unblockable attack? 700ms unblockable bash, always preceded by a heavy? How is useless junk like this still even in the game?

UbiInsulin
10-11-2018, 11:34 PM
Thanks for all the feedback here, everyone. Will be looking at things to highlight to the dev team.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-12-2018, 12:54 AM
Cent has fast heavies that can be fainted to gb, a stun punch that was previously rebuffed, opening kick, multiple way to drain stamina, two cut scenes from hell, HA jump attack, his punch can guaranteed blind or make them land on their back. Good oos pressure and can charge his heavies. I'm sure I forgot some stuff but cent is fine. He isn't the biggest bully on the street anymore but he is still better than many. He doesn't need a rework.

If shugoki could kick open to light and charge his headbutt to drop people on thier back for a charged heavy ..if shugoki was given fast heavy combos you could compare the two but they aren't comparable right now.

MrGrippz
10-12-2018, 01:12 AM
Thanks for all the feedback here, everyone. Will be looking at things to highlight to the dev team.

Ability to cancel zone after 2nd swing.
Charged punch tracks & gets hyper armor like Wardens shoulder bash so you can mix it up.
Faster lights. He has a smaller sword than Warden yet swings slower.
Soft feint kick to punch like Highlanders kick/grab mix up.

David_gorda
10-12-2018, 01:22 AM
Cent is fine, he has the fastest Heavies in the Game and can do alot Of chip damage overtime, he is also to risky to try to parry because if he feints guardbreak your screwded. He is also one if the better ganking classes in the Game. Lawbringer and shugoki are more in need Of rework since they have No viable attacking options and are forced to turtle.

Spectre_198
10-12-2018, 03:50 AM
Keyword in that sentence is Ganked genius (Even made it bold so you don't miss it again). And the cent has one of the highest damaging combos in the game and high stamina drain so a "lack" of openers isn't really anything to complain about.

Knight_Raime
10-12-2018, 05:44 AM
Cent has fast heavies that can be fainted to gb, a stun punch that was previously rebuffed, opening kick, multiple way to drain stamina, two cut scenes from hell, HA jump attack, his punch can guaranteed blind or make them land on their back. Good oos pressure and can charge his heavies. I'm sure I forgot some stuff but cent is fine. He isn't the biggest bully on the street anymore but he is still better than many. He doesn't need a rework.

If shugoki could kick open to light and charge his headbutt to drop people on thier back for a charged heavy ..if shugoki was given fast heavy combos you could compare the two but they aren't comparable right now.

I guess i'll just repeat myself:

"cent has fast heavies that can be feinted to GB."
means nothing because people don't attempt to parry centurion unless he's committed to an unblockable heavy. Which is easy to tell because committing to one has an extra 400ms leway before it lands. If you're in a 1v1 and you get caught by the soft feint or the unblockable heavy that's entirely on you. Also in team fights/ganks when a person has been Gbed (so optimal situation here) incorrect timing on hits is met with damage reduction. and this persists through the whole animation even during a throw. So even if cent was repeatedly landing GB's with his soft feint the damage reduction is going to reduce damage from everyone involved and the hitstun deminishes will prevent even more damage.

"a stun punch that was previously rebuffed."
The stun has no value. Because landing a punch gives a free light. and your best follow up after the light is a heavy. Which could go unblockable since that heavy is a chain ender. but we've already been over why the unblockable isn't a threat. and anyway the stun effect is long gone before that charged heavy would land. The buff iirc did nothing to it. Because it's main issue is that it has poor tracking and that it really only works in situations where it's confirmed. I.E running out of lock heavy and after a pin.

"opening kick. multiple way to drain stamina."
Kick is not an opener. The earliest in a dodge it can be used is 300ms and it is a 600ms attack. Conq's bash can be used 100ms into the bash. and is a 500ms? bash. warlord's headbutt is a 500ms bash that can be used 100ms into the dodge. Conq's is an opener because he has a great window of variability. Warlords is an opener despite not having a varrying window because of how early it can be used in the bash. Centurion doesn't have the speed of either bash. nor does he have the ability to use it early in the dodge or is able to vary it. So no. Not an opener when it's slow and can't be used early. Kick is dodged. Punch is dodged. lion's roar requires a GB which you're not going to get because people don't parry and in a team fight/gank your target will be hit out before you finish your smacks. Parry counter is his only reliable stamina drain.

"two cut scenes from hell, HA jump attack, his punch can guaranteed blind or make them land on their back. Good oos pressure and can charge his heavies."
what's his second cutscene? his parry counter? his side throw/back throw? Should we say other heros with similar throw times/parry counters also have cutscenes? Jump attack is a 700ms attack with poor tracking and bad recovery. Meaning it's hard to trade with, is easily dodged, and nets everyone a GB for dodging it. Been over his punch already. His OOS pressure is decent because he can semi delay his kick and you can't just roll away from his soft feint because OOS. A good example of someone with good OOS pressure Would be conq due to his variable bash that can have a GB mixed in for 2 same side heavies. Or warden because he can always threaten with 40 damage minimum in a variety of ways and you can't roll away. Charged heavies are not a benefit in this game on anyone. Because none of them force the opponent or trick them in anyway. Both cent's and goki's are committed to once unblockable. Conq can FBS his or just cancel it. But that just makes it slightly less risky. Charged heavy isn't good as an actual move. More as an option select tool in his case because he gets superior block on all heavies.

"If shugoki could kick open to light and charge his headbutt to drop people on thier back for a charged heavy ..if shugoki was given fast heavy combos you could compare the two but they aren't comparable right now."
You were specifically talking about Stamina drain moves and how oppressive his can be. So I can absolutely compare other people with similar styles of pressure. They don't need to be practically the same to be comparable.

"but cent is fine. He isn't the biggest bully on the street anymore but he is still better than many. He doesn't need a rework."
Having no way to force someone open and nothing to pressure anyone with should you some how get in on someone is not fine. That's like saying because LB has good parry punishes and an okay time in 4v4 he doesn't need addressing despite not having his own offense. Or saying Goki doesn't need a rework either because he can one shot people and trade effectively to keep people's stamina down. Just because centurion has a few postitive aspects going for him doesn't mean he's in a good place. You're either very bad at the game so his kit actually works. Or you simply haven't experienced what it's like to play as a centurion fighting a competent player. If you want to say he performs fine in a casual environment i'd agree. But to deny him getting any attention based on that alone purely because you think people wanting him buffed want him to be op again is not only ignorant but close minded.

Cent is fine, he has the fastest Heavies in the Game and can do alot Of chip damage overtime, he is also to risky to try to parry because if he feints guardbreak your screwded. He is also one if the better ganking classes in the Game. Lawbringer and shugoki are more in need Of rework since they have No viable attacking options and are forced to turtle.

See above. And there is no risk effectively because you don't attempt to parry centurion until he commits to an unblockable heavy. Wh forces a mandatory 400ms of time before the attack lands. Making it incredibly obvious to know when he's committing to an attack. It's also ironic that you state that Goki and LB need buffs first because they have no viable attacking options (i.e) no offense. But you some how believe centurion has one just because his heavies are relatively safe. Chip damage means squat unless you're a player that has access to bleed because bleed allows chip damage to kill. Even if I some how manage to throw enough heavies to get you to that level I can't kill you. if safe heavies to you means viable offense then goki has viable offense whenever his armor is up. Because he can trade in most cases for a GB which can get him a OHK (if a ledge is close enough due to golf swing or he's critical and splat gives a free DE which is a one shot to anyone,) OR a light which gives him a headbutt and removes 3/4ths of your stamina. And LB would have a viable offense because shove on block versus standard guard heros is guaranteed damage unless they decide to unlock roll constantly.

Keyword in that sentence is Ganked genius (Even made it bold so you don't miss it again). And the cent has one of the highest damaging combos in the game and high stamina drain so a "lack" of openers isn't really anything to complain about.

Being an arse doesn't help your argument. If you actually read what I stated you should have noticed I used the word gank twice. So I deff saw you said gank. But I guess because one of those times I used team fight along side the word gank that suddenly invalidates my points about him being an awful ganker? Cool. His combo isn't going to land in a gank. Hit stun prevents guaranteed things from landing. Meaning if a cent is ganking with a conq and the conq decides to bash your pinned target said target is free to block, dodge, or parry whatever you choose to do next. Now if you were working with people and your timing was good then yes. It would land. But it doesn't change the fact that shaman is a better ganker.

Because she generates less revenge since she's not overly reliant on her bashes like centurion. And her bite means death to anyone she lands it on. Because allies can time it to land two heavies. meaning even with damage reduction involved her bite plus any two heavies is a death. And she herself doesn't even need to proc bleed. anyone who procs bleed on her team enables her to bite. And revenge doesn't knock her off of you once she's on. So in an ideal situation your best ganking partner is ALWAYS going to be shaman. And even if we were not playing best case scenario here LB is a better ganker because both his impale and his long arm do NOT proc damage reduction. Unlike GB's and other grab based moves. Centurions only good gank/team fight tool is his pin. Which is external blocked when it's not a combo ending heavy. And external parries+ lacking the ability to mix up with his unblockable (since once it is unblockable it's committed to) means you likely won't land it there either. Unless you specifically ask your ally to GB them ahead of time so you can land your pin. Even then that's strict as heck timing and your ally would be much better off just going for a wall stun.

Spectre_198
10-14-2018, 11:55 AM
My reply was at Speedgamer2002

papa_joseph1
10-14-2018, 12:51 PM
In the end, i think this is all meaningless to argue about it, because at the end of the day, Cent is a relic of a earlier development cycle and thus suffers horribly from it, because let's face it, all he is useful for is being a d*ick at low skill level and ruin the life's of new players and as soon as you reach a certain point, Cent is basically free Renown.

He just needs his entire current play style thrown off a cliff into the pits of hell to be forgotten, he does not fit in with the rest of the heroes anymore, he relies on moves that enrage all players to the ends of the earth and leads to the forum being flooded with "Nerf Cent"

He's simply poor game design.

My thoughts is just deal with him as he is for now and get the Devs to push reworks out faster, there are so many things you do do with a Centurion character, the Roman treaties on combat are huge and well depicted, they could do so so many things, hell if i would be so crazy to say, let's give him a more historical look, the Gladius was never used on it's own, give him the signature towering rectangle shield, do some cool stuff with that.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-14-2018, 01:13 PM
Cent is fine. When cent and orochi mains come here saying they need something more it makes me roll my eyes. No what you "want" is for your opponents not to be able to fight back...like at all. Cent and orochi sigh.. bully and cheese. No body cares. More than that most people who don't play those characters don't want you to get what you want because your cent is already annoying. All you do in dominion is sneak up behind people in dominion and do a cut scene. Or if face to face you spam GB/feints or wait for a parry while meta than go to town.
Ive seen plenty of cents that did great with his kit in dominion. As a shugoki I like having a good cent on my team to help land charged heavies when they knock the opponent to the floor. Is he better than berserker? No, but he is fine. Not perfect but very doable.
"You're probably messing up with Goki. Goki can trade with anything centurion does and head butt to keep his stamina down. Which is incredibly oppressive for virtually any hero in the game. Your armor allows you to trade for free GB's as well which it and your golf swing let you force people near walls so you can trade GB for a throw into a wall for free demons embrace. Centurion doesn't have the advantage against goki. It's not a bad match up for either hero" ..."free gb"...gb is a risky trade with a cent because it has to be timed and spaced near perfectly because the consequences are dire. The db isn't really used to get people near walls that often. It's used to replenish your HA. This paragraph makes me wonder if you even play shugoki let alone against a centurion. Personally I'd rather fight a centurion out in the open than near a wall unless my HA is up and im near/at critical one shot health. Shug doesn't get a gb off parry anymore and shugs aren't psychic enough to get a "free gb".
With a cent's arsenal it's very easy for that wall to become unfriendly to a shugoki.

Jazz117Volkov
10-14-2018, 03:10 PM
I've actually been having some fun with Cent lately--never enjoyed his kit before, but hey, suddenly he's fun...idk--but his kit is weak in most scenarios. His combos have poor synergy, his zone is junk, and his punch is way to risky to ever use outside of a pin. I think cent could be a lot more fun to play as and against with only a few adjustments. At the moment, turtling is a good tactic if you're against him.

Get Haymaker in Dominion and go gimmick fishing. A whopping 120 dmg is guaranteed off a single mix-up. The only setup required is a wall and an opponent who doesn't turtle. It's a guilty pleasure...and super dumb.

Thorstein31
10-14-2018, 03:45 PM
Cent is fine. When cent and orochi mains come here saying they need something more it makes me roll my eyes. No what you "want" is for your opponents not to be able to fight back...like at all. Cent and orochi sigh.. bully and cheese. No body cares. More than that most people who don't play those characters don't want you to get what you want because your cent is already annoying. All you do in dominion is sneak up behind people in dominion and do a cut scene. Or if face to face you spam GB/feints or wait for a parry while meta than go to town.
Ive seen plenty of cents that did great with his kit in dominion. As a shugoki I like having a good cent on my team to help land charged heavies when they knock the opponent to the floor. Is he better than berserker? No, but he is fine. Not perfect but very doable.
"You're probably messing up with Goki. Goki can trade with anything centurion does and head butt to keep his stamina down. Which is incredibly oppressive for virtually any hero in the game. Your armor allows you to trade for free GB's as well which it and your golf swing let you force people near walls so you can trade GB for a throw into a wall for free demons embrace. Centurion doesn't have the advantage against goki. It's not a bad match up for either hero" ..."free gb"...gb is a risky trade with a cent because it has to be timed and spaced near perfectly because the consequences are dire. The db isn't really used to get people near walls that often. It's used to replenish your HA. This paragraph makes me wonder if you even play shugoki let alone against a centurion. Personally I'd rather fight a centurion out in the open than near a wall unless my HA is up and im near/at critical one shot health. Shug doesn't get a gb off parry anymore and shugs aren't psychic enough to get a "free gb".
With a cent's arsenal it's very easy for that wall to become unfriendly to a shugoki.

Centurion is fine, all you guys need is one single mistake near a wall.
Shugoki and warlord are the ones in a bad spot now.

Specialkha
10-14-2018, 06:00 PM
Warlord? Lawl? A beast in 4v4 and very solid in 1v1.

Knight_Raime
10-14-2018, 06:01 PM

I've already stated that i'm not asking for centurion to be anything like how he used to be. The fact that you're continuing to state that despite what's been said indicates that your view is rather warped. And you're letting your personal issues cloud your judgments. Especially since you decided to throw a hero into this statement that wasn't brought up until now.

"Ive seen plenty of cents that did great with his kit in dominion."
Just because someone can do great with something doesn't mean it's fine. Should I go find someone owning with shugoki in dominion to say that goki is fine?

"Shug doesn't get a gb off parry anymore. With a cent's arsenal it's very easy for that wall."
Yeah no one does. Doesn't have anything to do with what I said. Goki gets a GB easier because he can trade into their vulnerability windows. Centurion has to parry for parry counter for his splat. Goki gets someone to the wall easier with his golf swing. Centurion has nothing in his kit that helps him get people closer to walls beyond standard throws. So your statement about his kit is false.

At this point you're just blatently ignoring anything i'm using to counter your false information and making up points as you go along. You don't like centurion. That's clear. I'm done replying to you. Maybe once you can actually have an open mind about things you dislike we can actually have a decent discussion again someday.

Knight_Raime
10-14-2018, 06:04 PM
Centurion is fine, all you guys need is one single mistake near a wall.
Shugoki and warlord are the ones in a bad spot now.

Centurion is not fine. He's not as worse off as shugoki. But that doesn't mean he's fine. He's B tier. All heros should at least be A tier.
Warlord is functionally fine due to unlock crashing charge mix ups plus sprinkled in headbutts. But he should be looked at sometime in the future so his actual kit is good and he doesn't rely so much on unlock crashing charge mix up games in high tier.

NHLGoldenKnight
10-14-2018, 08:14 PM
Centurion is the most likely the reason why I am going to stop playing this game one again. High pick rate doesn't help, but it is so frustrating to see how someone can win in such a way, almost without actually fighting at all. Couple of cut scenes, and you are done. In 4v4 , he is the ultimate cancer.

Centurion would greatly benefit from rework where his core kit would be changed. If he was to receive buff that way, I don't mind it at all.

But I am against any further buffs on his current state or his current kit. He is broken as he always was and developers ignored that because their bias towards certain heroes such as Centurion or Shaman.

Knight_Raime
10-14-2018, 08:19 PM
Centurion is the most likely the reason why I am going to stop playing this game one again. High pick rate doesn't help, but it is so frustrating to see how someone can win in such a way, almost without actually fighting at all. Couple of cut scenes, and you are done. In 4v4 , he is the ultimate cancer.

Centurion would greatly benefit from rework where his core kit would be changed. If he was to receive buff that way, I don't mind it at all.

But I am against any further buffs on his current state or his current kit. He is broken as he always was and developers ignored that because their bias towards certain heroes such as Centurion or Shaman.

I don't enjoy how centurion is atm. He's very boring to play. You basically chip someone down with random heavies hoping they attempt to parry so you MIGHT be able to get your cutscene combo. Sure it's fun to swing the fight really hard. But it's not really fun when that's what you have to do in order to be an actual threat. I am totally for tossing out his entire kit for a new one. So long as he's still a bully and show boaty thematically.

ArmoredChocobo
10-14-2018, 08:32 PM
Sure let’s make him more cancerous in 4v4 in the futile attempt to make his slow moveset less terrible in solo matches.

Look, he’s obviously a ganker. Whenever I see a deathball it includes either him or a Shaman. Sometimes both. I see way more Cent gank squads than Shogu even, and that’s with his “I grabbed you, time to die” move.

That’s because he’s great at distraction. If you focus on him, you can’t deal with his friends cuz you’re too busy dodging his toolkit of unblockables, and you’ll most likely stumble into someone’s GB, then you’re on the ground.

“B-but REVENGE!”

Unless you’re a pro at this game, deathballs aren’t afraid of a Revenge. They’ll just wait you out and clean up whoever fell over.

Knight_Raime
10-14-2018, 08:37 PM
Sure let’s make him more cancerous in 4v4 in the futile attempt to make his slow moveset less terrible in solo matches.

Look, he’s obviously a ganker. Whenever I see a deathball it includes either him or a Shaman. Sometimes both. I see way more Cent gank squads than Shogu even, and that’s with his “I grabbed you, time to die” move.

That’s because he’s great at distraction. If you focus on him, you can’t deal with his friends cuz you’re too busy dodging his toolkit of unblockables, and you’ll most likely stumble into someone’s GB, then you’re on the ground.

“B-but REVENGE!”

Unless you’re a pro at this game, deathballs aren’t afraid of a Revenge. They’ll just wait you out and clean up whoever fell over.

It's entirely possible to make him better in 1's without making him worse in 4's.
He's not a great ganker. He doesn't have anything that helps in ganks other than pin. Which is incredibly hard to land due to external blocking and how telegraphed his unblockable heavy is. LB is a better ganker because both his long arm and impale don't trigger the damage reduction effect that all other grabs (including GB's) trigger. and shaman is the best ganker in the game because her bite allows her team to instant kill anyone she bites. And she herself doesn't even need to proc bleed to be able to threaten with it.

Gabeeee.
10-15-2018, 03:54 PM
Why do you think cent needs a buff when there are character like Aramusha and Shugoki?

BTTrinity
10-15-2018, 04:01 PM

I agree with this

EvoX.
10-15-2018, 04:12 PM
I am totally for tossing out his entire kit for a new one. So long as he's still a bully and show boaty thematically.

Agreed, his soul must still be there.

UbiInsulin
10-15-2018, 07:25 PM
I don't enjoy how centurion is atm. He's very boring to play. You basically chip someone down with random heavies hoping they attempt to parry so you MIGHT be able to get your cutscene combo. Sure it's fun to swing the fight really hard. But it's not really fun when that's what you have to do in order to be an actual threat. I am totally for tossing out his entire kit for a new one. So long as he's still a bully and show boaty thematically.

I've definitely heard people say he's quite a passive/turtle-y character at the moment. Definitely doesn't seem in keeping with his general style.

Why do you think cent needs a buff when there are character like Aramusha and Shugoki?

There's lots of threads about lots of heroes on these forums. I'm not sure whether the community's a fan of the changes yet, but the team just made some substantial tweaks to Ara.