PDA

View Full Version : Offline mode

IzunaDrop25
10-09-2018, 01:26 PM
Will the team ever add a offline mode to fight at least the bots when people donít have access to the internet or when the servers go down? Please answer.

SangLong524
10-09-2018, 01:57 PM
Extremely unlikely. Today games like to require us permanently online. Something to do with copyright protection.

IzunaDrop25
10-09-2018, 03:03 PM
@ SangLong; Todayís games? What fighting game requires a always online connection? This is not Overwatch or Destiny.

I hope you understand that if you donít ever receive a offline mode then this game is a rent and everything you paid for will be taken away at some point.

One day your gonna get a annocment saying.
ď itís with a heavy heart that we have to announce that the For Honor Servers will be taken down on X date. We wanna thank all of our players and the community. GG

Like that the game and all your progress and all the MONEY you spent on it will be gone.

Donít let them do this it doesnít have to be that way. Donít be ok with it!!!!!!

DefiledDragon
10-09-2018, 07:53 PM
@ SangLong; Today’s games? What fighting game requires a always online connection? This is not Overwatch or Destiny.

I hope you understand that if you don’t ever receive a offline mode then this game is a rent and everything you paid for will be taken away at some point.

One day your gonna get a annocment saying.
“ it’s with a heavy heart that we have to announce that the For Honor Servers will be taken down on X date. We wanna thank all of our players and the community. GG

Like that the game and all your progress and all the MONEY you spent on it will be gone.

Don’t let them do this it doesn’t have to be that way. Don’t be ok with it!!!!!!

Yep, that's a real issue for me and it's why I don't generally buy games that rely on always online DRM. It's also why I would never spend real cash money on anything in FH, like steel packs and what not. I have games on DVD that are over a decade old that I can still play today. I bet I won't be able to play FH in ten years time.

IzunaDrop25
10-10-2018, 05:34 PM
We as a community should demand one, or else whatís the point.

What is the point about asking for buffs and nerfs to x character?

Whatís the point of playing and learning characters and strategies?

Whatís the point of spending money getting steel and buying cosmetics for your hero if you donít even own it?

Without a offline mode you donít own any of this stuff!!!!! Itís a rent a game that will be taken away from you one day.

What fighting game is always online only?

We as a community going forward should demand one from the devs before asking for anything else. If we donít in five years time when the casuals go away Ubisoft is not gonna pay to host servers and itís bye bye game.

Please guys donít let that happen. This is not a mmo, or a Destiny, or Overwatch. Please again as a community we need to push for a offline mode. Be it split screen local or just against bots. Just something to preserve this game we love.

TheDirtyDonut69
10-10-2018, 08:23 PM
It wont make them money so they don't care. They would rather make weekly outfits and effects for people to spend money on.

IzunaDrop25
10-10-2018, 11:44 PM
but it shows good faith, and going forward the players will support back and purchase more dlc. That's how it works in these types of games. Go look at SFV. Capcom makes a **** ton of money from costumes, so does team ninja with DOA. Always online pushes people away, nobody wants to the support that practice in a fighting game. Ubisoft and the Dev team don't know their audience and that's a huge problem. If they show respect for community it will go a long way to bring in more players in and grow the scene. This is not a shooter and casuals will not stick around for this type of game
but hardcore players won't as well if they continue with this anti-consumer always online DRM.

Come on mods pass this on to the dev team we need a offline mode asap

MarshalMoriarty
10-11-2018, 01:16 AM
Probably the best you could hope for is that they create an offline mode as the final update before the game is retired. Its not just unlikely that they'd do it before then - its a nailed on certainty that they won't.

But at the end of the game's online life, I could see it. It would be a good way to soften the blow after all. But it would likely come down to whether they thought it would engender enough goodwill to be worth the cost of doing it etc.

IzunaDrop25
10-11-2018, 01:53 AM
Thing is if they donít do it now with the new update coming soon, they wonít ever do it.
Paragon and Nosgoth are two games that come to mind. Two games I loved and then just like that canceled. Paragon even got a release date,it was in beta for almost 2 years lol. But Fortnight took off and they shifted all there devs to that. Everything player progression, cosmetics, everything gone.

IzunaDrop25
10-11-2018, 04:24 AM
Just wanted to put this here. It's about DRM. Know your rights don't let corporations rent you games you paid for. https://fckdrm.com/