PDA

View Full Version : Nerf Marcus

Kidpump
10-09-2018, 12:47 PM
You really has to nerf Marcus, because for an SciFi / Adventure player it's nearly impossible to avoid one hit of his charged ability when marcus spawns behind the new kid.

- The ability charges up to fast. I cannot mindcontrol him because he is not in range. Enforcer Jimmy is not fast enough to interrupt him.
- Too much HP. A lvl 5 lighting bolt cannot kill him

If you think it's okay that way, please reduce the damage amount of his ability.

Ubi-Toller
10-09-2018, 04:13 PM
I don't believe we have plans for Marcus right now, but I'll check in with the balance team to let them know your thoughts.

Kidpump
10-10-2018, 03:44 PM
Maybe they can tell you, how to kill him without getting a hit of his ability :P

FoggyPaws
10-10-2018, 10:31 PM
Maybe they can tell you, how to kill him without getting a hit of his ability :P

If you're Sci-Fi/Adventure you've got plenty of options for dealing with Marcus.
Your best options are Hook Hand Clyde and Lightning Bolt. If he's already taken damage, Fireball, Arrow Storm, and Poison. You can also play Stan of Many Moons, let their wave build up, and then use SoMM's charge to wipe the field.

All else fails, Freeze effects stop ability charges, so Program Stan, and Freeze Ray will let you close the gap to take him out before he uses his ability.

If you were playing a deck that DIDN'T have Adventure in it, you'd have a harder time dealing with him, but Adventure is your best choice for dealing with Marcus.

EDIT: You can also try sneaking a Cyborg Kenny into their back lines and take him for yourself. If you've got Mecha Timmy, same deal just more luck based.

DarthCh3f
12-02-2018, 11:59 PM
^ So you're suggestion is to create a 3 or 4 energy loss to stop 100+ damage to the new kid? Go back to wood shield. Marcus should have the slowest charge in the game. Let people earn the friggen bar. Marcus is already a pseudo-tank anyway, so his cost is already good. Players should have to protect him to make it to the midline before getting the bonus of a free hit at the new kid.

AndrewWang42
12-06-2018, 07:29 AM
I agree that Marcus is too easy for how powerful he is - but this is true of so many other cards. Redlynx has been very slow to nerf the fighting power of cards with powerful abilities - look how long before they nerfed Mecha Timmy. At some point, I thought this game might be a possible IEM game, but Redlynx's commitment to competitive balance seems, well, luke-warm, to be honest.

JR0MER0
12-15-2018, 04:45 PM
I really don't think there's that much of a problem with Marcus when there's so many other cards unskilled players try to use to get cheap wins. Yeah, it's annoying when they constantly throw out their Marine Craigs and Big Gay Als, but I usually don't have much of a problem beating them. They might get one bar, but in the meantime I'll take two of theirs with my own push.