PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to save (Spoilers, spoilers, SPOILERS) Phobie?

Cu5ith
10-08-2018, 06:48 AM
Is it possible to save Phobie from dying or is it scripted? Did she die because I saved those blood fever people and it reached the city? I feel like somewhere along the line I had to have made a wrong choice and she died because of me. I don't think I've been so disappointed in a game in such a long time. I would really like to know if I can save her or not. If so I'll start a new game, but if there's no way to save her I don't really want to start all over from the beginning.

I was so upset that I turned the whole game and system off and just went straight to bed after it happened. Couldn't even bare keep playing because I really felt that loss.

SerraShaar
10-08-2018, 07:00 PM
I know right !!! That was heartbreaking to watch .

Honestly , I don't know if she can be saved..and I'm not done yet with my 1st playtrough . But I believe that the choices that matter and lead to her death..is when she ask if she can be your spy and go sneak in that guy house . Cose I said yes , and after that she went ahead and tried to do it again..and that's how she died .

I'm hoping if I tell her no , she can be saved....:(

Cu5ith
10-08-2018, 10:43 PM
I had also made the decision to allow her to help and wondered if it was possible that my choice to allow her to help was one that led to her demise. I wonder if there are various factors in it of course, but that was one I considered being a possible reason. Even if the blood fever wasn't part of the problem, I still feel in my next playthrough I should let them die as they infected the entire island and the city. A bad choice all around. I followed my heart and not my head.

But I had hopes that she would become my little protégé which is why I had allowed it.

Hopefully Ubisoft will have an answer if it was scripted or not.

SerraShaar
10-08-2018, 10:59 PM
so...you let that family die ? back then ?

Let see : If you let them die , the plague doesn't spread . If you save them the plague spread . But phoibe who I though died from the plague because of my choice..was already in Athen .

So if you let the family die , and the plague doesn't spread..does she still go to athen ? I though she left because of the plague . That Markus in a moment of genius sent her there or something .

I looked online , and I haven't found anything that say she can be saved alas...:(

Cu5ith
10-09-2018, 12:38 AM
No, no. I did save the family. Which I think was part of the problem. Maybe if people were not dying of plague nobody would have tolerated those men going after a little girl. But also I think as you mentioned letting her help may have contributed to her dying as well.

SerraShaar
10-09-2018, 12:46 AM
well..

I asked in here : http://www.gamersheroes.com/game-guides/assassins-creed-odyssey-choices-and-consequences-guide/

and here : https://guides.gamepressure.com/assassins-creed-odyssey/guide.asp?ID=46688

Here hoping one of them actually answer me lol . Cose if we can save her..Screw this playtrough! I start over and save her! :D

Cu5ith
10-09-2018, 12:59 AM
My sentiment exactly. Please do let me know if you find out if we can save our poor baby girl from such a devastating end.

SerraShaar
10-09-2018, 01:01 AM
I definitly will let you know , don't worry! :)

Feadulin
10-09-2018, 07:02 PM
I told her to behave and also told her to be good. Never asked her to help and every opportunity told her to go play etc.

She still dies in my playthrough. I ran as fast as I could and she was already dead on the floor Before all the goons reach that spot. I do not think we can save her. I really am hoping somebody comes in and reports they were able to reach her before she dies. I do not think it is possible though. I hope I am wrong.

Cu5ith
10-14-2018, 05:36 AM
D : And still nobody is certain. @Ubisoft... lords of the game.. you must give us the answer! We humbly beseech ye.

SerraShaar
10-14-2018, 05:40 AM
oh damn..

I forgot this here lol my bad my bad! lol brain been all over the place .

So I decided to chat with an agent of Ubi , and they told me that they couldn't give me an answer :( They said they only do technical issue like bug and such . They were super nice though , but no answer from the technical support .

But I'm not giving up hope !

SerraShaar
10-14-2018, 05:46 AM
well..shiiit.....found this : https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/9n487g/spoiler_assassins_creed_odyssey_questions_about/

Look at the last comment ! :( :( :( :(

******* it....

Cu5ith
10-14-2018, 05:53 AM
Well a few days ago I found out who the leader of the cultist is and it made me believe she can't be saved, but I was hoping regardless of knowing who the leader was that somehow I could save her. Maybe they will add a sort of dlc to save her. I don't recall which, but I've heard of games adding things to save very loved characters before.

SerraShaar
10-14-2018, 05:57 AM
Ahhh don't tell me who it is!! lol I'm enjoying trying to figure out who it is !!!

It just stink . In my book your sibling doesn't deserve that 2nd chance , but Phoibe is innocent . if anyone deserve a 2nd chance it be her . They could've done that quest in so many way..like she could've been hurt and you take her to Sokrate ! Or anything really!

But outright kill.......Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr..

#JusticeForPhoibe!!!

Cu5ith
10-14-2018, 06:25 AM
No worries. I have no intention to spoil it for you, but when you find them you will also come to understand why I believe that to be the case.

And yes. I second that and raise another.

#Phobiedeservedbetter

Freani
10-14-2018, 11:53 AM
Definitely the saddest game moment. I hate you Ubisoft for doing that.:(

AnimusLover
10-14-2018, 12:13 PM
Her death was about as predictable as who the cult leader was.
This is Ubisoft, aside from AC1 and Syndicate there's always one emotionally manipulative death.

Zarrastro
10-14-2018, 09:11 PM
While I agree with AnimusLover that it was a manipulative scene, I liked Kassandra's reaction. It seemed authentic and her ire towards Aspasia felt real.
While it is a heavily scripted event, I felt great respect in that moment.

That is, until I returned and Phoebe was somehow alive and well. Is Sokrates a necromancer?
I have a thread abou this in this same forum. Check it for screenshots on the bug.

Also, I have enough clues to know who the leader of the cult is... I have only one in the game, but with the one you gave me, I feel I'm ready to unveil her identity.

Cu5ith
10-15-2018, 01:49 AM
Oh, it was predictable, but I was hoping that since this was meant to be a game of choice... they would let me be able to make the ones to save her. At least they allowed me to give my sibling a second chance and didn't give me double tragedy. I wouldn't have been able to stomach that very well. I'm the sort who believes everyone deserves a second chance.

Just remember when you unveil the last member... the most important clue... the ghost always lies. The ghost always lies.

Cu5ith
10-15-2018, 01:54 AM
I wish Sokrates could necromance my baby girl back to life. :(

Zarrastro
10-15-2018, 11:11 AM
Go back to the place where she died and see for yourself, Cu5ith.
I fast traveled back to Athens just after leaving the port with Aspasia, to check on the city. It was fine, with clear skies, so I guessed it was back to a normal state for the game. I went back to the place and...
https://i.imgur.com/BEALsBY.jpg
I'd like to know if any of you guys see her like this. I have further advanced into the game (Now doing the Sparta/Olympic quests, which i'd like to skip because i know i cannot get my house back since I did not side with Brasidas back in Korinth) and whenever I get back to Athens Phoibe is still there.

SerraShaar
10-15-2018, 03:47 PM
that seem like a glitch....

Zarrastro
10-15-2018, 08:52 PM
You know, there are many different types of bugs.
Some of them are huge and can prevent you from beating the game. Others just irk you, or affect graphics and not gameplay. And some of them even benefit you.
And then there is the category of bugs that just want to toy with your feelings, like this one :(
Can anyone reproduce this? Or am I the only one with this bug?

Cu5ith
10-17-2018, 12:19 AM
I've not had the glitch. Though I certainly wouldn't have minded having it so I could pretend she was brought back to life. The only glitch I had was it would not let me get the position of #1 mercenary, but I'm starting a new game to save a few people that I couldn't the first time. So it doesn't matter so much.

SerraShaar
10-17-2018, 04:53 AM
well..I'm happy I don't have this glitch...

I see poor Phoibe everytime I see a little girl with simliar clothes..:(

nuhuh......

Zarrastro
10-17-2018, 10:41 AM
I guess the fact that all children in the game wear the same clothes doesn't help tho...
I noticed a nice detail though: Children have different sizes. There were three girls in Sparta chatting and playing and they were of different heights (Even if there's still only like 2 faces in total).

Bagel_94
10-17-2018, 03:03 PM
Strangely there must be a bug in the game, cause I randomly ran through the location that she died at and she was standing there and I could talk to her.

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/44126971_10214875720744459_8400415230168924160_o.j pg?_nc_cat=105&oh=ffc0332af468bef3ded0092d5001d977&oe=5C3CDED4

Zarrastro
10-17-2018, 03:59 PM
I'm divided about wanting to fix this.
I mean, she's canonically dead. Sokrates showed me her tomb. But seeing her alive is :o
Tell me Bagel_94: When did you get back to the place where she died?

Bagel_94
10-17-2018, 04:51 PM
Zarrastro: Idk, but it had to be some 15+ hours after that chapter in the main story.

Zarrastro
10-17-2018, 08:05 PM
Hmmm
I though it was related to immediately returning to Athens after gaining control of the ship. But now it's clear that is not the cause of the bug...

TheLordSpire
10-18-2018, 03:54 AM
I'd much rather be able to save Shadya from Origins just saying

Zarrastro
10-18-2018, 10:59 AM
Shadya :(

I disagree, though. Phoibe is much more meaningful and important to your main character (canonically Kassandra) than Shadya was to Bayek. However:

–Both deaths are indeed manipulative. Killing a little girl just for the sake of tragedy. Phoibe's death was more predictable to me, probably because of Shadya herself.

–Shadya had an amazing revenge quest. Bayek killed "The Crocodile" mainly to avenge the girl, despite having other motives to do so. At the end of the game, I felt at peace with her.

–Kassandra clearly cared a lot about Phoibe. Despite that, after her death, she is only mentioned twice: In a secondary quest in Olympia (Which can be done before the Plague of Athens if you have the level) and in a conversation with Sokrates near the end of the family questline. When you reveal the Ghost of Kosmos, there is no mention of her, even when Kassandra was right that day. So, despite having destroyed the whole Cult I still feel she hasn't been properly avenged. Like no one really cared about her, even Kassandra.

EDIT: There is a quest in one of the origins DLCs (The first one, IIRC) that involves a young man you met as a child in the main story. I was really hoping to see an older Phoibe when I left Kephaallonia and I still believe it would have been a nice touch because, unlike in Origins, you don't feel the time passing in this game. From beginning to end, the whole story could be crammed in a few months.

TheLordSpire
10-18-2018, 11:10 AM
Oh don't get me wrong, I was actually pretty upset to see Phoibe die especially as it has been one of the only unexpected things to the story for me
But I like Bayek more than either Kassandra or Alexios, felt more connection to him so Shadya's death made me much more upset

Zarrastro
10-18-2018, 12:34 PM
I like Kassandra a lot, but I must admit Bayek was a better character. I think that Kass was intended to be the only character in this game, but they added the option to play as Alexios fo those people who cannot play a female character ever. You can see that in her behavior, much more natural that her brother's and also her looks, much more interesting than Alexios. However, that double character feature weakened both of them as main characters.

Bayek was always the only main character in Origins, and his development was awesome. Despite the petty revenge story of the game (I mean, he's just like ol' Ezio in that regard) his dialogues and every interaction with Aya were really good. I also prefer being the last Medjay rather than a Misthios.
Having finished both games, I still prefer Origins over Odyssey. It's also better mechanically: More bow variety, less annoying animals, real leveled zones...

And about the girls, as I commented earlier, Bayek's reaction feels real. He barely knows Shadya, but he's obviously upset about her murder and desires revenge. After that, he puts that behind him, for he is at peace now.
Kassandra, however... She seems like she doesn't care. I mean, Phoibe is one of her only real friends, and the second oldest, I'd guess, after Markos. They have a strong bond, you can see it from the beginning of the game. I think her reaction when she died was well done, but after that... It's just like nothing happened. She wants to reunite a family who betrayed her but doesn't care about a girl who actually loved her? I don't buy that. Something in the writing feels lazy in all this. She should have had far more dialogue options with the Ghost of Kosmos. And not only for Phoibe. Brasidas deserved better too, but History locks his death.

Cu5ith
10-19-2018, 10:06 PM
Shadya was sad, but Phobie was with me from the very first moment. So I grew more attached. I think what disappoints me the most as well is that when I found the last cult member I couldn't say "This is for Phobie you B*tch." Really don't get why they hardly ever mention her after she's gone. Like she never existed.

Stogey2413
10-22-2018, 08:24 PM
I had a pretty good hunch from the first scene that Phoibe would eventually die. Unfortunately I was right, and like others I think it goes back to "Shadya!!" (Bayek voice). Ubisoft, stop killing little girls!!

Zarrastro
10-22-2018, 08:47 PM
Ubisoft, stop killing little girls!!

This

Stogey2413
10-22-2018, 09:21 PM
For real though, the first time I swam down and saw her just floating there tied to a weight, I lost my s***. Perhaps that hardened me to the point where Phoibe's death somehow didn't affect me as strongly, yet I was simultaneously much more attached to her than Shadya. Not to mention Origins starts off with Khemu's death. Ubi does not like children lol

cawatrooper9
10-22-2018, 09:37 PM
For real though, the first time I swam down and saw her just floating there tied to a weight, I lost my s***. Perhaps that hardened me to the point where Phoibe's death somehow didn't affect me as strongly, yet I was simultaneously much more attached to her than Shadya. Not to mention Origins starts off with Khemu's death. Ubi does not like children lol

I played that memory in a demo at E3 in June, and had to wait until late October of last year to finally get my revenge on the Crocodile. Felt good when it finally happened.

Zarrastro
10-22-2018, 09:39 PM
That's not the issue. They rely too much in the cheap "poor dead child" to motivate the player. At least, Shadya's death and questline were really impressive. Phoibe dies just for the sake of it and Khemu to give a motivation to the character. But not the player, who barely knows the boy and cannot be expected to care about him. We saw enough of Shadya and Phoibe to care at least a little for them.
Look at The Last of Us: It hits you right in the face with the intro then it's 20 years later. Now forget about what you just saw and carry on with your life in Infestedtown.

EDIT:

I played that memory in a demo at E3 in June, and had to wait until late October of last year to finally get my revenge on the Crocodile. Felt good when it finally happened.
WTF? They put that on an E3 demo?

cawatrooper9
10-22-2018, 09:56 PM
WTF? They put that on an E3 demo?

Just the first part of the quest, which is why I had to wait for my revenge :rolleyes:

Ghost416
10-23-2018, 04:57 AM
EDIT: There is a quest in one of the origins DLCs (The first one, IIRC) that involves a young man you met as a child in the main story. I was really hoping to see an older Phoibe when I left Kephaallonia and I still believe it would have been a nice touch because, unlike in Origins, you don't feel the time passing in this game. From beginning to end, the whole story could be crammed in a few months.
True, both Origins and Odyssey have a poor sense of time progression. Origins at least was better at it with Bayek stating how long he and Aya have been apart between their meetings, but unless one knows the historical timeline of events, it's quite easy to assume Odyssey takes place within that short a span. Previous games would have sequences taking place in different years with an on-screen caption telling you when it is. For example, Black Flag began in 1715 and progressed as far as 1719, IIRC.

ExoduzVeldzix
05-27-2019, 05:40 AM
The assumption that her death had anything to do with the plague, or previous game choices: Is pure nonsense. The cause of this tragedy is formed of several forced events, like the girl leaving to athens, working for that *****, going on one last mission for that *****, while Deimos and the cultist soldiers just happen to be raising hell, the girl and those *******s arrive at the same place, the girl flees the guards give chase at Deimos order while she finishes up, by the time you become aware they have already caught up to her and cut her down: Zero choice in the matter, no time to actually save her even though thats the objective; the plauge is a unrelated set up by the cult, if you kill them the plague doesn't spread, you killed innocent people, if you save them the cult infects the population of that island with the plage, framing the eagle bearer either way