PDA

View Full Version : Known Issues - comments extract

USAFA1221
10-02-2018, 08:32 PM
Please someone anyone help me. i have been struggling and cant find any info on my order. Please send me the tracking code or anything, please.

Roughman01
10-02-2018, 10:36 PM
I'm experiencing a glitch where sometimes chests have no loot in them when opened , is this normal? It's on Xbox one

show_stoppa
10-03-2018, 01:27 AM
I'm experiencing a glitch where sometimes chests have no loot in them when opened , is this normal? It's on Xbox one

Same here on PS4. Also sometimes the chest icons suddenly start showing up on the screen, like 4 or 5 of them, and all of them seem to be underground.

Afflictio.on
10-03-2018, 02:14 PM
What about black bars for PC?

Ateudis
10-03-2018, 03:02 PM
Hello. I'm experiencing a bug where the second Odessa quest (pick some herbs and pay a merchant) cannot be completed. I got killed after picking the flowers, but before reaching the merchant (I got an auto-save at that point), and the save file is now corrupted. The quest is active but not visible in the quest list anymore. The merchant answered to the quest line, but Odessa doesn't (she says 'do you need something?') and I cannot progress any further.

MeraxesTheDread
10-03-2018, 09:47 PM
Iím on PS4 pro and I had just had the meeting with the wolf and was riding down the hill, FPS just dropped and froze completely and but the sound kept playing

allCanadian88
10-03-2018, 10:12 PM
any way to explain why i got my spartan edition and i seam to be missing my deluxe codes for the armor and naval packs i have filed a complaint with customer support but am only told the development team is working on it i also look at the forums and i appear not to be the only one. so what is being done to fix this and compensate those who who are missing their content??????

MnemonicSyntax
10-04-2018, 10:54 AM
PC - Hit point numbers won't remain set to off after loading a game.

The NPC who gives our heroes their first bow has serious clipping issues with her dress on her heiny.

Junk in the trunk.

GotenWasTaken
10-04-2018, 11:52 AM
Why isnt the cloth physics getting locked to 30fps isnt on the list for PC?

Hayloth
10-04-2018, 12:20 PM
Cannot Change out of Cultist Disguise .. Asap please.

RamonMargrace
10-04-2018, 09:41 PM
I dont know if it is a glitch or story driven , but i cant dismiss Tekton from my crew , he is the carpenter from the side quest ďA Pirate LifeĒ , he is taking space in my Lieutenant list

saqib461
10-04-2018, 10:15 PM
Please fix the no quests bug. after snake in the grass, serpents lair doesn't show up!!! there are no quests for me to do!!!!!!

Somnorila
10-04-2018, 10:32 PM
So far i'm having issues only with loading saves. Sometimes the loading screen doesn't show, the image is black. I do hear music and all the sounds like that audio hint when the loading is almost ready.The one that's heard when the loading bar appears. But it never loads the game. It stays like that forever. I have to kill the process and relaunch.

TalonFox12
10-04-2018, 11:35 PM
I'm experiencing a problem with the knockout mechanic and my first officer assignment (best archer on the island).

I can't get the knockout command to activate after the first time i used it. Also, the game would not let me assign my first recruit, the archer.

I reloaded thinking that my help, now the knockout command will not work. Please fix.

hsu11001
10-05-2018, 05:55 AM
Cannot Change out of Cultist Disguise .. Asap please.

Same.

Hunterr12
10-05-2018, 07:02 AM
Portion Control quest in Megaris is not properly triggering. Character will make a comment about the scout looking like he's having trouble and needs help but then no ability to talk to him and quest marker is not above their head. Quest worked fine on one playthrough but on this one is no good.

DarkDragonAC
10-05-2018, 11:58 AM
Random crashes during gameplay, various time and locations, I always send a raport.

While sailing often water around will rise in glitched spikes.

NPC lying IN grund. (see picture)
http://www.acidcave.net/sphinx/assassins_creed%26%23174%3B_odyssey2018-10-3-21-44-58.jpg
Some odd contour spike (see picture)
http://www.acidcave.net/sphinx/assassins_creed%26%23174%3B_odyssey2018-10-2-21-16-33.png

ThroneOvSeth
10-05-2018, 12:28 PM
I had some bugs and minor issues as well.

Biggest issue: PS4 capture gallery not working after trying to view a Odyssey screenshot. When you want to view them fullscreen, the screen goes black and after that every other game's screenshots in your gallery will also go to a black screen.

Animals (in this case a shark) spawning INSIDE of rock formations under water. You can see the outline, but they are inside a massive boulder and unreachable.

Teleporting and glitching enemies when using finishers or stealth kills. They will sometimes disappear and with them all corpses lying around.

Bounty Hunter meter sometimes flashes without any bounty hunter being near you or tracking you, and does not stop flashing, so you have it flashing permanently.

Sometimes, the name of a region/place will not reset or change until you do something in the new area you are in. I had "Star Observatory" on the whole southern region of Kephallonia in my radar, I was in the Ruins of some temple or in a bandit camp, but it did not change the name of the region/area until I opened a chest or something.

Dubya75
10-05-2018, 01:34 PM
Here are some bugs and issues I have found in the game so far, after less than 20 hours of gameplay.
I am playing on PC:

> No water displacement effect when swimming in some places.

> The camera when swimming is broken. Sometimes your character could completely disappear off the bottom of the screen. Controlling character while swimming underwater is also unpredictable and unwieldy.

> Clothes don't get wet in water. Missing shader effect?

> The camera in general is a mess. When parkouring, it does not follow the character properly. In certain situations, the camera pans on its own for no apparent reason. Playable character is too low on the vertical axes.

> Male and female playable characters seem to share the same walking animation?

> The game Auto-saving is inconsistent and unreliable.

> Gear icon images often don't match the actual item appearance.

> Some smaller areas' names keep being displayed over and over when you are already there. Starting island in particular.

> Tagged points of interest, particularly lootable chests, sometimes remain tagged even after it was looted

> No headgear in cutscenes. Really? Either keep headgear consistent based on in-game setting choice, or also remove headgear from every NPC involved in cutscenes. I prefer the former for consistency and immersion. Headgear magically disappearing and re-appearing is NOT immersive.

> There are often a number of non-hostile NPCs in bandit camps. They get tagged in the same way enemies are. The tagging system does not differentiate between enemies and normal NPCs. Surely NPCs should not be tagged.

> Constantly commenting on already cleared bandit camps as if it is a newly discovered enemy base.

> Toggling HUD elements is broken. For example, when setting the overall setting to Minimal or Light, toggling things like underwater breath to ON, does not work and the hud element is not dsplayed. You have to set it to show everything and then turn off individual elements for it to work properly.

> Loot prompts sometimes appear on killed enemies but they can't be looted

> Rescued prisoners often don't escape. They just keep running around the location aimlessly.

> The Map is a messy dog's breakfast. Origins' map was clear and perfectly functional. What the hell is this mess?

> Too much clipping on NPC and character outfits, especially where cloth material is involved.

> XP rate is too slow so progress can often not be made early on in the game. Needs rebalancing

Mackmauther
10-05-2018, 04:19 PM
https://2ch.hk/v/src/3424743/15387525591360.png What is the problem? Why is everything pixilized at maximum settings and at 1920x1080 resolution? Resolution modifier 120. I do not know what to do, this is the first time

EvilAsh1987
10-05-2018, 04:31 PM
I have the issue where you are permanently stuck in the cultist disguise as well. I see under "Head armor" there is a Cultist Disguise that looks to be equipped but it won't let me unequip it. Changing head armor does not refresh this. Also in inventory is the cultist disguise under quest items. Seems like these should have been removed when we had the dialogue with Herodotus and requested our clothes back (as the cutscene fades and then reappears indicating PC was changing). I am using Alexios if that matters.

Gaia004
10-05-2018, 05:10 PM
What about game crashing on Warning Epilepsia screen? There are several messages about it...

Assassino1898
10-05-2018, 06:28 PM
Iíve encountered a few issues, Iíve had the issue with the portions side quest on Megaris, I also purchased the pantheon edition but in new saves Iíve ahd to make Iím not getting the zip or drachmae boosts as Iím meant to get for the first 2 hours. Iíve also seemed to notice in new saves that enemies a level above me are able to kill me within 2/3 hits on normal, think there may be an issue with damage being dealt there, I donít know what to do now really like Iím sick of playing to a certain point just for there to be a setback and having to restart or make a new save.

gilloman007
10-05-2018, 07:08 PM
I saved the baby in the quest ashes to ashes
And the quest wasn't completed. Afterwards i tried to kill her but when i do she is just laying there on the ground and i can't confirm death or anything... She is just laying there.. so i can't continue my story...

agurato
10-05-2018, 09:42 PM
I found some bugs while playing today (screenshots : https://imgur.com/a/423sq2g)

The first 2 screenshots are an Alpha Wolf that got stuck in behind a wall after attacking me.
I couldn't hit him whil he was behind the wall, so I left the cave and came back in to reset the wolf

The last 2 screenshots are some bug on the outline of NPCs after spotting them with the eagle.
It looks like some part of the white outline is dropping like 2 meters under them.

These are not really important bugs, and it is playable with them, but a fix would be welcome :)

E.L.I.E
10-05-2018, 09:43 PM
my game crash all the time but without marking "oh no it crashed" it's as if I had closed the game myself...
it's really annoying...:mad:

drunkendrood1
10-05-2018, 10:24 PM
I'm using inverted y axis and it's fine unless I go to ikaros then it reverts to the default standard. I got used to up is down back in the joystick era. origins keeps the axis the same but odyssey does not.

Hunterr12
10-05-2018, 10:56 PM
Smaller cosmetic issue. For the Spartan Renegade armor set the helmet isnt fully being hidden on hide. The hood goes away yet the shoulder cape thing remains. If a different helmet is equipped and the cape goes away.

stubad
10-06-2018, 01:10 AM
unable to enter store keep getting error message now i cant start game

LadySassenach
10-06-2018, 03:43 AM
So Iím also having a main story bug, where I stumbled upon the Seperats Lair first and killed everyone (without even realising it was to be a story location) in there before completing Visions & Visioniares, then I did complete it but now I have no story quests??? I have the cult outfit in my inventory, though.

KnightHawk8282
10-06-2018, 05:15 AM
I can't loot chest in Odysseus' palace

AnUb1sKiNg1
10-06-2018, 06:50 AM
Most of the weapon engravings will not progress, for example heavy blunt or heavy bladed progressed to the 3% mark but will not continue to the next level. please fix this, as this makes engraving almost useless.

ArcadianRook
10-06-2018, 08:47 AM
While exploring, I happened upon Elepnor out of order of the quest and killed him. Now, after The Truth Will Out, I'm not getting any further quests.

ThroneOvSeth
10-06-2018, 09:29 AM
Found 2 more bugs:

- Torch not lit when pulling it out. Happened in broad daylight in a base near Megara. Still burns stuff when thrown but it is not on fire/no graphical effect

- Dialogue/monologue gets cut off before the line or last words are finished. This happened to me on the way back to Odessa when doing her questline. Alexios was thinking aloud and the game stopped his speech and subtitles before they were completed and rushed in the next line/piece of speech. Sounded really bad, like pressing a button before the line completed to skip

Fahsai.
10-06-2018, 09:37 AM
Fix All Damage +15% but -15% Health Perk from Greek Hello plz. it doesn't increase your all damage but it decrease your health. It's pretty much useless and you better off using Damage with [Insert your type of weapons] Perk.

Siriodorione
10-06-2018, 09:37 AM
Please correct this :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RymE8DijAt4

jimbob010
10-06-2018, 11:06 AM
PC loot bug - all of a sudden, I canít loot anything. I stand next to chests, trees, rocks that should be loot and they glow/flash but there is no option to Ďlootí. It started on the mission to recover the holy spear from the cave on the first island.

Khaotix523
10-06-2018, 12:07 PM
PC - Hit point numbers won't remain set to off after loading a game. .

Having this issue as well on the Xbox One. I have noticed that any changes made to the hud are not saved when loading a game as well. I turned the attack numbers off, played the game, they were off, but exited the game, did some adulting and came back, reloaded the game and the attack numbers were present with the option turned on.

I have also noticed that some loot chests come up empty. They give no rewards at all. This could pose a problem if a loot chest contains a quest specific item, though I am not that far into the game and haven't ran into an issue like that as of yet.

CrimsonBolt52
10-06-2018, 02:01 PM
Can't dismiss Tekton on ps4.

W1llyBum
10-06-2018, 02:26 PM
Lootable items like chests, ore, plants, and corpses glow and they have their icon appear, but once you get close to them the prompt to loot will not be there. For ps4 thatís generally triangle. This issue only started after a few hours and if I load to an earlier save the issue reappears. I first noticed it around Odysseusí castle.

pasafist-1
10-06-2018, 02:32 PM
Same

ladyleonhart
10-06-2018, 02:34 PM
Hi there. Love the game, but sometimes everything goes into slow motion. The first time I was hanging from a wall as Alexios in a fort. It became very unresponsive. I couldn't save my game and had to restart. This happened again whilst I was in conflict in Fort Desphina. This time I was close to a wall so I managed to escape the conflict and then the fort and save my game. As I got far enough away, the game went back to normal but I reloaded it to make sure. I am playing on a PS4.

Thanks for your time. I hope this will be resolved soon.

SaxeGod
10-06-2018, 02:55 PM
Venomous encounter wont appear

Leggey
10-06-2018, 03:02 PM
+3 for issues with Portion Control quest. NPC Dolios does not initiate conversation for quest line to begin.

HerseyBoyRockz
10-06-2018, 04:13 PM
So far i'm having issues only with loading saves. Sometimes the loading screen doesn't show, the image is black. I do hear music and all the sounds like that audio hint when the loading is almost ready.The one that's heard when the loading bar appears. But it never loads the game. It stays like that forever. I have to kill the process and relaunch.

I cant get past serpents lair. After the part when kassandra comes in and does her thing. When it's getting ready to load back to your character is goes to a black screen and sits there music playing and all. I cant process anymore and I'm stuck in this mission.

guest-Qm0zde1C
10-06-2018, 07:28 PM
I am on ps4 (physically bought CD), unable to progress in game.
Unable to leave Khephallonia because game says 'I have to wait for AC to be fully installed'.
However no downloads running and no open updates.

DiveKicks
10-06-2018, 08:07 PM
Just hit level 10 and I have the quest to go to Phokis. It says I have to talk to Barnabas, but he is stuck in the water by the starting area of the game?

It won't let me talk to him even if I swim up to him. I've tried docking my ship at Megaris and then fast traveling to it but it still says he is 5000+ meters away just swimming in the water. -____________-

Game was fine until this..

Magicarta
10-06-2018, 08:28 PM
1. As Layla I got stuck and couldn't move in the smaller side room. I was standing on the fabric on the floor. Reloaded save.

2. I can't dismiss Tekton from my lieutenants list.

3. Infinite loading screen when fast travelling to the Adrestia every now and then.

4. Not all loot is lootable (stuck behind walls or unbreakable items and rocks).

5. I had the same issue when trying to knock out the 1st lieutenant (the archer). Knockout was not available if you try again for the 2nd time. Punching him didn't work either. Reloaded past save and started quest again without making any mistakes.

I'm playing on Xbox One.

DrySheep
10-06-2018, 09:17 PM
2. I can't dismiss Tekton from my lieutenants list.
I have the same. Tekton do not wanna to be terminated.
I'm playing on PC.

Demonsdownfall
10-06-2018, 10:32 PM
I'm experiencing a problem with the knockout mechanic and my first officer assignment (best archer on the island).

I can't get the knockout command to activate after the first time i used it. Also, the game would not let me assign my first recruit, the archer.

I reloaded thinking that my help, now the knockout command will not work. Please fix.

Dude Iím having the same issue so look I got into a fight with him, then paused it and quit to desktop restarted my pc and boom when I loaded back in it worked

MnemonicSyntax
10-07-2018, 12:21 AM
Having this issue as well on the Xbox One. I have noticed that any changes made to the hud are not saved when loading a game as well. I turned the attack numbers off, played the game, they were off, but exited the game, did some adulting and came back, reloaded the game and the attack numbers were present with the option turned on.

I have also noticed that some loot chests come up empty. They give no rewards at all. This could pose a problem if a loot chest contains a quest specific item, though I am not that far into the game and haven't ran into an issue like that as of yet.

This is the only HUD issue I have. Everything else is off that I want off (which admittedly isn't much, the white "soldier ring" thing is one of them though and that stays off)

UPDATE:

The NPCs in the quest "A ship came sailing" are named incorrectly. Well, one of them is. Davos asks you to save his brother, Orneos. When using Ikaros, he sees Orneos as Davos. When Davos talks, his name is "Civilian" while his brother is aptly named, Davos.

Hazmick
10-07-2018, 01:15 AM
Couple of issues I've run into, playing on PC:

1) lieutenants and sailors form my ships, after jumping over to board enemy ships, don't return. They just stay on the enemy ship as it sinks, then they drown, then climb out of the hatch on my ship as if nothing happened.

2) When approaching Athens, everything disappeared from the screen except the sky. Could still hear sounds, and it sounded as if I was still moving around, but just a big screen full of sky. Can't open the pause menu to quit the game so had to kill it from task manager.

SlaveOfTheNine
10-07-2018, 01:32 AM
I bought the time saver pack for the orichalcum fragments. I went to the marked the location at the north part of Ithaka and nothing is there. Is this a glitch?

Exx1523
10-07-2018, 01:58 AM
I have the xbox and got the purchased maps and the orichalcum is appearing on the map but not in the game to be looted

ArionSWE
10-07-2018, 02:21 AM
After completing the final quest to recruit Odessa the Mixture that are supposed to help her father still remains in my inventory. The quest is complete (I have her on my ship) but the Mixture is till in my Quest Item inventory.

majin662
10-07-2018, 02:23 AM
Restarted game to a new game, deleted old saves. Now like several others Portion control will not trigger. Dolios says his line but does not talk nor present quest

vizionblind
10-07-2018, 04:51 AM
please fix the 30 fps cloth on PC

AssassinCred007
10-07-2018, 05:33 AM
Please fix the no quests bug. after snake in the grass, serpents lair doesn't show up!!! there are no quests for me to do!!!!!! same here

OrangeFr3ak817
10-07-2018, 06:15 AM
Hopfully these two major bugs will be fixed as soon as possible!

1) Player Character is stuck in cultist robes

2) ĎA Venomous Encounterí quest not starting/given after speaking to Perikles

Edm181
10-07-2018, 06:16 AM
I can't get past the fancy guests quest because the cutscene did not play after I killed all of the men at the abandoned house. I cannot reload due to auto save and I can't continue the game.

Lunasu2
10-07-2018, 06:54 AM
Couple minor bugs i noticed on PC. The -1 to overpower cost engraving seems to not always work. At random i'll see that using overpower will still cost 3 adrenaline, but unequipping and reequipping the weapon with the engraving on it will fix back the adrenaline cost to 2. Also the Hermit Cave on Kythera Island does not seem to possible to complete. Looting the one chest inside it does not count towards the completion.

HisEvilness
10-07-2018, 08:32 AM
Snake in the Grass Quest stops working, as in not displaying the next objective in the Quest Menu.
When visiting relevant area's such as Apollo's Temple, Herodotos is not on the location to start the next portion.
As soon as you pick up the armor piece of Elpanor the quest ceases to exist.

Recreated the quest bug by returning to a previous save and then finish the cave portion with Elphanor.
Yielding the same result, as well as Herodotos is located behind the House of the Oracle he will now show on the map.
When you talk to him he does mention the Temple of Apollo and that you should meet there but he will not spawn on the location.

MadMinstrel
10-07-2018, 09:17 AM
Why is Level Scaling not on this list? How is it not "known" by this point? WTF?

xanosalmon
10-07-2018, 09:27 AM
Two issues for me:
1. Hippokrates does not give me his side quest
2. I cannot call my ship or meditate, it will show I am being investigated(I am using Chinese subtitles so the meaning should be similar)
PC Uplay ultimate version

Sidonius-1984
10-07-2018, 09:40 AM
please help during the trigger it says that the program has stopped working

Problem event name: APPCRASH
Application name: ACOdyssey.exe
Application version: 0.0.0.0
Application timestamp: 5babfb53
Bad module name: ACOdyssey.exe
Bad Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Badge Module Time Stamp: 5babfb53
Exception code: c000001d
Exception shift: 0000000009a10042
Operating system version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
National Environment ID: 1029
Learn more 1: 4f3c
Learn more 2: 4f3c5b523498b13a6e60f0e85a7614b5
Additional Information 3: c209
Learn more 4: c209d5924558cbbe31e5c2aa608a0cf1

I do not know what to do :-(

SHW-Seth
10-07-2018, 10:50 AM
Snake in the Grass Quest stops working, as in not displaying the next objective in the Quest Menu.
When visiting relevant area's such as Apollo's Temple, Herodotos is not on the location to start the next portion.
As soon as you pick up the armor piece of Elpanor the quest ceases to exist.

Recreated the quest bug by returning to a previous save and then finish the cave portion with Elphanor.
Yielding the same result, as well as Herodotos is located behind the House of the Oracle he will now show on the map.
When you talk to him he does mention the Temple of Apollo and that you should meet there but he will not spawn on the location.

Can't continue in Story as well, pretty much the same isse. And sorry for not knowing the english the names of the specific areas but I hope you get the point.

Yesterday I followed some side quests and found Elpenor in this serpents cave (by accident, i didn't specificly search for him). I got the mysterious shard and cultist robe from him.

Now, like 8 hours later, I did the main quest and talked to the oracle and Herodots. They talked about finding Elpenor. So I went back and found his body still on the ground and even breathing, but can't talk to him anymore nor continue the main story.

Apparently I don't have an old savegame to fix this.