PDA

View Full Version : Blue Screen

Glocksvillain
10-07-2018, 03:20 AM
I just purchased the game and my PC has been resetting every 10 minutes or so. Highly frustrating to say the least. Never had this problem with a game before. The game seems promising! Any solutions?

Defiled2
10-07-2018, 03:25 AM
You haven't seen anything yet, constant crashes, and last night the game crashed and caused a BSOD on my Asus ROG and I lost 3 levels and 50 dollars worth of helix purchased items.....this game is virtually unplayable, I am so pissed I swear I will never buy another game from UBISOFT....NEVER....

Yewho
10-13-2018, 09:45 PM
have the same problem. you could fix it?

SgtWolf1
10-13-2018, 10:38 PM
That sucks. You didn't list your specs so I'm just going to go with what I would try with my system and and nvidia card.

1. Verify your install files
2.Do a clean install of your graphic drivers. Download the latest drivers directly from nvidia's website. Download DDU driver installer here: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/ . Start in safe mode and run it. It will unpack into folder, run the executable from there. Choose the recommended option. It will completely remove all traces of your existing drivers. Reboot and install the latest drivers. Bad drives have done the BSOD on me before.
3. If you have overlocked your cpu or gpu, turn it off and try the game. I have both my cpu/gpu overlocked. I had to back off my cpu overlclock to get the game running well.
4. Run checkdisk with a surface scan to find any bad sectors
5. Run the systems file checker in an adminstrative dos box command line windows. SFC /SCANNOW

Just some troubleshooting steps I do to make sure everything is install and running right. Could even try uninstalling and reinstalling the game if you aren't on a metered connection. Hope you get it going, if not hopefully ubisoft support can help.