PDA

View Full Version : Periklesís Symposium Bugged

SlayingSouls
10-06-2018, 11:30 PM
Iíve reached the point where you must reach Pericles home for the symposium how ever someone Iím suppose to speak to isnít there. I end up stuck in the house and the mission cannot completed. A few other people have made a post about a similar issue as well. Anyone heard of a fix for this?

ryansera
10-08-2018, 08:31 PM
Apparently Herodotus is supposed to spawn in the room with you and trigger a cutscene. Herodotus randomly died after a cutscene earlier in the game for me and apparently he doesnít come back. Iím thinking I may have to restart from the beginning.

Bigguy2352
10-09-2018, 05:19 AM
I have the same problem

ubi--unicorn
10-10-2018, 05:24 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the reports. I've reported this. Just to make sure, what version game are you on?

blaizeybones
10-11-2018, 03:21 AM
Hey guys, thanks for the reports. I've reported this. Just to make sure, what version game are you on?
I've been looking at other post on the forum and posting myself about this problem. I'm exsperincing it on xbox Xbox one but it looks like pc, PlayStation, and the Xbox one x are also having the same problem.

ItsAchiIIes
10-11-2018, 08:14 AM
the quest I was missing was ĎA Venomous Encounterí Iím level 30 and when I go to Athens, I do a manual save and it says in the save ďPlaying: A Venomous EncounterĒ Iím guessing thereís no way I can get the quest on my current level and Iíll have to start over again :(

cjmh1215
10-11-2018, 08:21 PM
I'm having the same issues as everyone else, using a PS4.

Herotodus died on me in one of the missions, just fainting after a cutscene when Kassandra was going to speak to Perikles after arriving in Athens. Didn't think much of it at the time, except for the fact that the Athenians thought I killed him I suppose and restarted the mission. Same thing happened with Herotodus just falling to the ground, but again, didn't think much of it.

I started the Symposium before the latest update (1.03) but couldn't interact with anyone. The Venomous Snake guy thanked me, the servant in the kitchen told me to get out, and Sokrates was having a discussion with someone else. No cutscenes, and no side mission. I finally decided to stick around and listen to the Sokrates discussion, at which point it said Quest Complete for the Symposium, and that there were new quests available (I think something with the Minoutar and one involving Hippocrates but can't remember for certain).

But I can't get out of the party. Decided to unplug my system for a few hours, as I saw someone said that being a help, and it did nothing. Tried going back to a previous save point, and again, nothing. I updated the game to it's current update 1.03, and again, I'm still stuck.

icedrake67
10-12-2018, 07:49 PM
I'm on the ps4 1.0.3 patch, and I'm missing the next quest step after completing the 3 intro tasks Perikles gives the main character.

I started the quest prior to Thursday's patch. I was able to complete the first 3 quests, but then on the latest one, the next step to talk with Perikles and get the next step has not appeared.

DRIZZIT1313
10-14-2018, 04:52 PM
Ive completed both side quests for this then it tells me to speak with sokrates. I go to speak with him the he replies * ah the misthios from the ostracism! lets talk later*

And no matter what i do..... i cant have a convo with sokrates......

Freaking annoying especially when you decied to uncover every location and do 90% of the side missions.

And help/tips/info is appreciated.

HomelikeHawk
10-16-2018, 05:00 PM
Yeah same here version 1.0.3 Xbox one X. Herotodus fell dead after speaking twice, and I'm stuck in residence at level 21. :(

IRememberJeep
10-16-2018, 07:28 PM
Iím on PC with patch 1.03. I completed the three quests for Perikles and now need to go to his symposium. I go to his house, talk to Phoibe and enter the house except thatís where I get stuck. I can walk around the house and talk to a few people but there are no objectives. As soon as I talk to the one Philosopher in blue (Socraties?), canít remember his name, the mission says itís completed and Iím then stuck in the house and no new objective or quest comes up. Herodotus is alive in my game, heís always on my ship when Iím sailing around. Iíve been doing side quests because Iím stuck at this point in the main story and canít proceed. Thatís how I know he is indeed alive. Iím not sure if a cutscene or something is supposed to come up in the house? When I do talk to a few people in the house they donít start cutscenes, itís just passing convo and no objectives start. Perikles is on a balcony upstairs and there is no way to reach him. Iím really confused and hoping for a fix for this. Iíve tried numerous times to go back to a previous save and start the quest again. No luck.

Edit: I would like to add that when I talk to the philosopher in blue he just says something in reference to the person heís across from having a conversation with. Again, itís not a cutscene but just a passing comment. Why that completes the quest Iím not sure. Not that I get any new quest or objectives and Iím still stuck in the house.

BiaxialCross8
10-18-2018, 02:34 AM
I cannot progress through the mission. HELP!!!!!!!!!

BiaxialCross8
10-18-2018, 02:39 AM
Im playing on xbox and it happened to me :(

IRememberJeep
10-18-2018, 08:37 PM
This is extremely frustrating. I would expect Ubisoft to release a patch quickly for such a game breaking bug within their main quest line. Excuse me, another game breaking bug within their main quest line. I wouldnít be so angry if there were at least some word on the status or timeframe of a fix.

I love the game but Iím losing interest as I literally cannot continue the story.

ubi--unicorn
10-18-2018, 08:46 PM
Thanks guys, we're investigating. If you'd like to help with the investigation, please create a ticket (http://ubi.li/dzqpu) with your save data (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000037092). Comment the ticket number below and I can pass it along.

brandon.zeak
10-19-2018, 01:39 AM
07195814 is my case number, playing on Xbox One X. I can not resort to a previous save to exit the mission as I've tried so many times to complete the mission using different sequences of events, even resorting to starting myself on fire and dying in the game to see if that would help... which is hilarious when I read that back to myself. I just want to play again!

Anastas321
10-19-2018, 05:06 PM
So, i have this issue with Periklesís Symposium Quest as above. When it will be fixed? i would play side quests and explore more of Greece until this bug fixed, BUT where is the guarantees that my save data will be fixed, and i wont need to go back and start playing from the start? Im completionist - and i spent 60hrs in the game so far. Dont want to start everything over again!

samwisee
10-20-2018, 12:50 PM
Iíve had this issue with the Perikles Symposium mission where Herodotus doesnít spawn etc. However after the game recently had a new update I loaded my save and without even doing the mission it came up on the screen Perikles Symposium mission complete. I thought yes great I can carry on with the game now. WRONG! Iím not just stuck in Perikles home, I canít access the world map, I can equip weapons, do any parkour to escape the house, literally nothing. Thereís nobody to speak to, no character interaction etc.

When will we be able to just get past this mission? This is a pretty much brand new game and a lot of people have spent a lot of money to play this latest instalment of the assassins creed franchise, and yet now we are having these problems where you canít even play the game! Sort it out Ubisoft!

jamgreen543
10-20-2018, 10:31 PM
In the quest Perikles Symposium, Phoibe falls to the floor dead after I change my clothes. I am then stuck in the house after i talk to perikles, and cannot proceed any further in the game. I have tried starting over, loading from multiple save points and nothing works. How could ubisoft put out such a buggy product?

TheRudy20
10-21-2018, 12:28 AM
the quest I was missing was ĎA Venomous Encounterí Iím level 30 and when I go to Athens, I do a manual save and it says in the save ďPlaying: A Venomous EncounterĒ Iím guessing thereís no way I can get the quest on my current level and Iíll have to start over again :(
I am in the same boat here. ĎA Venemous encounterí is broken for me. I canít progress the quest any further because the Metiochos guy Isnít there.

DMnot33
10-21-2018, 03:41 AM
I believe I have found the issue and the solution (Perikles' Symposium Bug), might wanna read up on it here:

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...1#post13744121

Rusty_Dice
10-21-2018, 08:57 AM
I have the excact same problem, guy aint popping up in the room, and im stucked.

FIX This now please. or come up with a solution

Anastas321
10-23-2018, 05:09 PM
Today game updated to 1.05, i was eager to check if the bug was fixed. After i checked - i can verify that bug is still present. Can someone in Ubisoft rsorect Pereklis? So we can move past this freaking quest, it is not even funny anymore. I don't mind bugs in sidequests and some visual/physics bugs. But we are talking about main story, and a lot of people stuck. Fix this Ubisoft!!!

SonyaR.
10-23-2018, 07:28 PM
any news?!

SonyaR.
10-23-2018, 07:38 PM
The same thing happened to me! I cant believe! What a shame for Ubisoft!

AssassinAbo2018
10-24-2018, 03:08 PM
Ubisoft:

I've been stuck on this quest since update 1.0.3 waiting for a patch so Herodotos will appear in Perikles house. Please fix this in the next update (1.0.6). It is ruining the game experience that I am now level 31 and still can't progress in the main story line. I've tried resetting the cache and going back to earlier save points and it does not correct the issue. Please let me know if there is a fix I am not aware of.

Assassin Abogado

Ticket Number 07236964

aaronjgray
10-25-2018, 06:38 PM
I've the same issue. Totally stuck. Also have a ticket.

Anastas321
10-30-2018, 10:34 AM
I have this issue for 2 weeks now, and still it is not fixed. How hard is it to make some loophole so we can pass through this freaking quest. I would even agree to skip this quest all together just to move further in story!

SonyaR.
10-30-2018, 04:35 PM
I have this issue for 2 weeks now, and still it is not fixed. How hard is it to make some loophole so we can pass through this freaking quest. I would even agree to skip this quest all together just to move further in story!
I totally agree !!!

RainbowDash00
10-31-2018, 12:44 AM
I totally agree !!!

I'm with you two, I've been stuck here for two weeks and I'm level 46 now. For me my game experience is completely ruined, I wish I could at least finish the game. And still, no solution whatsoever after such a long time. So sad altogether.

SonyaR.
10-31-2018, 01:52 PM
I'm with you two, I've been stuck here for two weeks and I'm level 46 now. For me my game experience is completely ruined, I wish I could at least finish the game. And still, no solution whatsoever after such a long time. So sad altogether.

Lucky you! World map is locked for me, I'm totally stuck! I think I will ask for refunds and forget about this game!

RainbowDash00
11-01-2018, 12:35 PM
I can't believe you Ubi. This is outrageous. Do you even test your updates???? It's been two weeks since the last patch, and now that you have released 1.0.6., the mission is still bugged but now some other way!!! Now Herodotos is alive AND 200M AWAY FROM THE MISSION. Therefore I cannot speak him, continue the mission and the story line.

Almost a month since release and counting. Embarrassing.

Luckymal12
11-02-2018, 03:00 PM
I having the same problem what's going on fix this pleaae

Luckymal12
11-02-2018, 03:01 PM
I having the same problem what's going on fix this please

blaizeybones
11-02-2018, 04:18 PM
So now it says herodutus is 200m away. If you load before the mission you can see that the marker is pointing to where herodutus randomly dies in the mission welcome to Athens.

Anastas321
11-03-2018, 06:21 PM
I have the same issue, Herodotus resurrected 200m away from symposium. and i cant get out of the freaking house. I never had so much frustration with the video game! I really like AC: Odyssey, but its hard to do so, when Ubisoft is not helping by staling this fix! I bought the game and season pass - dont make me regret about it Ubisoft.

ohhoneydont87
11-04-2018, 12:24 AM
I've had the same issue for the past 3 weeks. Patch 1.06 didn't fix it and now Herodotus is located 196m OUTSIDE the house.

I can't continue the Odyssey let alone start other quests such as "The eyes of Kosmos", simply due to the fact that all chapter 4 quests need to be completed in order to unveil the Cultist.

This bug keeps the player from moving forward in the game.. Please, fix this.

Anastas321
11-05-2018, 02:00 PM
Where is community manager??? We all writing here for weeks, but no acknowledgement from UBi side! We need to know if someone is working on this issue and if it will be fixed, otherwise we should ask for refund!

SonyaR.
11-06-2018, 04:13 PM
Where is community manager??? We all writing here for weeks, but no acknowledgement from UBi side! We need to know if someone is working on this issue and if it will be fixed, otherwise we should ask for refund!

I already did it! Guess what! Nothing! here's the answer from UBI:

I understand how this situation can be frustrating for you.

However, there is no way for us to issue a refund. You can check our refund policy in the link below:

https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000025083/Ubisoft-Store-refund-policy-Store/

Biddy_Finna_134
11-29-2018, 09:12 PM
Seriously?? I haven't been able to progress for well over a month. Does Ubi just not care? $60 for a game I can't even get through the story. I've been a loyal AC fan from the very start, even played through all the others in preparation for this release and this is how they're managing game breaking bugs. Even with all this post launch content, they're still leaving all these bugs without addressing them. Shame

UbiMorning
12-05-2018, 11:31 PM
Hello friends! This issue should have been resolved with the 1.1.1 update. Are you able to provide a clip or screenshot from the latest update to show this issue? Once I have that info, I can report it up to the ACOD team again.

dugdugdug
12-07-2018, 05:05 AM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hpNd_XuewzwTuYfn2FgujNc3rMhBkEdt/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FSaxrGeuVPCq6sVMEW8x5fyxzssrvNZe/view?usp=sharing

Verion 1.1.1 Ps4

dugdugdug
12-07-2018, 05:06 AM
The marker is Herodotus, who died in a previous mission.

Ubi-Redbeard
12-07-2018, 12:17 PM
@dugdugdug, thanks for providing that image.

I've passed this on to the team for investigation.

Thanks!

BALOINKNOT4U
12-24-2018, 12:34 AM
I am level 56 and have been roaming for weeks now just waiting on this to be fixed. I go into his house but nothing happens.....no cuts scenes after initial one when walking into house. It shows a marker outside the house but canít get out either. What is going on?!?!?!?

UbiMorning
12-30-2018, 01:21 AM
Hi guys! I apologize for the confusion. This issue is set to be resolved in a future update. We appreciate the reports!

Vstylevinny
01-07-2019, 09:29 PM
Strange did the right thing But still i cant finish this Quest, i wont give me the xp points So i cant continue

UbiMorning
01-11-2019, 11:25 PM
@Vstylevinny Are you referring to the Perikles's Symposium? Or Oil and Love?

TheRealNasty
02-11-2019, 09:39 AM
Hi for some reason when I start this quest 2 people are dead. Sokrates and someoneelse across the room. I can finish the Oil and Drink up quest but nothing after that. It seems like the next quest is to talk to sokrates but he is dead.

dovinbaankoa
05-28-2019, 09:21 AM
hello, just started playing and recently encountered the bug after finishing the three quests, the "road to symposium" quest never activated so im stuck, any fix yet?

Ethirox
06-13-2019, 07:22 PM
Hello guys. I finished the 3 sub quests but it doesn't show me the marker to move on perikles. I report this as bug. Thnx

Ubi-Keo
06-14-2019, 10:25 AM
I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. The issues reported for this quest in the past were fixed with an update.

Please make sure you have the latest update (1.3.0) installed and try again.

If you do have this update installed can you please confirm the following:

. What was the name of the last quest you completed?
. What active quests are currently showing in your quest log?
. Do you have exploration or guided mode set in your game settings?
. Are you playing a normal or NG+ game?
. Have you experienced any crashes whilst playing the game?
. Last time you played did you save and exit before closing the game?

dovinbaankoa
06-16-2019, 04:36 PM
last quest completed: escape from athens
active quests: other than the contracts, character, or world; just cult and spear upgrade quests
im on guided mode
and playing on normal game, not NG+
not much crashes but more on lags/freeze
and yes, last time i played, i saved then exited

also: been doing some cult hunting after i finished "escape from athens", also tried lowering state power, joined the fight to defend, and still nothing

nawang.s
06-25-2019, 05:22 PM
Its 2019 and the bug is still not fixed. Am stuck in the road to symposium mission. Completed the sub quest but the last mission perikles symposium is not starting. I went to perikles house but no cut scene nothing. Please fix it cause without completing this mission its not letting me progress in the game. Or better yet help me get a refund. Am tired of waiting and hoping the next patch will fix it. Its time to let go.

Ubi-Keo
07-01-2019, 02:19 PM
@dovinbaankoa Thanks for the information provided, I will pass this onto the dev team. As you are on Xbox One it will be difficult for the dev team to reproduce this as we are unable to obtain a copy of your save file and the issue should have been resolved in the latest update . If we receive other reports on PS4 or PC then we will request the save files as this will help.

@nawang.s I do apologise that you have also encountered this issue. As I previously mentioned this issue should have been fixed in the latest update (1.3.0) that was released, please check to make sure you have this update installed.

If you do have this update installed can you please confirm the following:

. What was the name of the last quest you completed?
. What active quests are currently showing in your quest log?
. Do you have exploration or guided mode set in your game settings?
. Are you playing a normal or NG+ game?
. Have you experienced any crashes whilst playing the game?
. Last time you played did you save and exit before closing the game?