PDA

View Full Version : Unable to leave island (Khephallonia)

guest-Qm0zde1C
10-06-2018, 06:24 PM
When trying to leave Khephallonia I get the message that I have to wait for the game to be fully installed...

https://i.imgur.com/enIjJd5.jpg

Checked downloads and updates but everything seems to be installed, nothing is in progress.
Download was only 17GB (for some reason).

I checked data storage and Odyssey does take 48.X GB (so should be fully installed?). & Got enough storage left (+200GB); I have the Omega Edition.

https://i.imgur.com/dfhTMvq.jpg

PS4 does go a little nuts when Odyssey CD is in (seems to be start/stop reading the disk all the time).
Already tried delete and re-install, no difference.

Any advice?

marc5916
10-06-2018, 06:50 PM
If you have the hard copy version of the game, keep in mind it takes quite some time until the game gets fully installed. (10-15 minutes)

There is a game progress bar under highlighted game in question, that you should keep an eye on.

And 17GB is not the correct size of the game. It should be near 48 GB (with the latest 1.02 patch installed) :)

guest-Qm0zde1C
10-06-2018, 07:19 PM
I have already been playing for 2 and a half hours... the patch also installed (1.6GB) so the 10-15 minutes certainly have passed.
There are also no downloads ongoing in my notifications centre.
I also quit game and checked for updates (as it won't update when playing) but nothing...

Deletet and re-installed several times now, nothing changing.

Installing is 17GB (when I check game size in my storage it does say 48GB for Odyssey).

marc5916
10-06-2018, 07:51 PM
If you checked the size of the game in your storage management and it says ~48GB then that should be the case.

>PS4 does go a little nuts when Odyssey CD is in (seems to be start/stop reading the disk all the time).

Well, i have't noticed that on my game. I use an external HDD drive but that shouldn't make a difference.

Unless your Blu-ray drive doesn't work as it should be, if it tries to read the disc.

Actually if I'm ready to leave Cafalonia, i will report back what happens on my situation. :)

I have some quests and side quest to do, before i leave Cefalonia for good.

So yeah, it may take a while. I'm Lv 4, and played 4.5 hrs so far.

I guess, today i may have solved all the quests, so i will definitely report back!

banquo91
10-06-2018, 09:38 PM
I have the exact same problem. My PS4 also went crazy with the first Disk I got, I even got error messages telling me, that the disc was faulty, so I went to the store and got it replaced, Disk works fine now, no more error messages.

After I got the new Disk, i reinstalled the game several times, even tried an older savegame and data rebuild yet nothing helped. It only installs 17 GB even though the progress bar indicates 49 GB for an instant before it switches to 17 GB. After installing the game the occupied disk space says 49 gb though.

I have no idea if its linked to faulty disks or a bug.. i tried everything

banquo91
10-06-2018, 10:14 PM
Well, I'll be damned but it works for me now. I started the game and left it alone for 10 minutes, not on purpose though. This time I chose diffrent dialogue options when talking to Barnabas and Marcos, firstly i shook Marcos' hand instead of hugging him and instead of instantly choosing the leaving option I chose the option to come back later. Then started the dialogue again and it worked...

So maybe it was the unintentional 10 minutes in mainmenu (maybe it did install something after all) or the diffrent dialogue options I chose this time... try it out it cant get any worse...

Tomlambro
10-07-2018, 06:25 AM
Hi. Good for you, but I am currently still stuck.
I have the same issue as you had, disc error and error message.
Other players mentioned it as well on reddit and various vg forums.
My guess at this point is that it is a disc issue. Mine has no mark whasoever on it but it is the only solution I can see.

Ellithyst
10-07-2018, 07:20 AM
I've also been encountering this bug, but I don't think it's a disk issue as I purchased a digital copy of the game. It's more likely an issue with the installation or downloading, but it's hard to say right now which it is.

guest-Qm0zde1C
10-07-2018, 08:48 AM
I even tried the Disk on another, friend's, PS4.
Exact same issue, and his PS4 also seem to go nuts in reading the disk...

So not a PS4 issue, rather disk or download-issue/bug...

guest-Qm0zde1C
10-07-2018, 11:02 AM
Somehow it solved itself. No downloads were going on but I quit the application, let the Disk keep going nuts in PS4 for approx. 2 hours but then it suddenly stopped (perhaps something IS installed in background, very slowly and untrackable(?)). I restarted PS4 afterwards, loaded game and now I'm able to leave the island.

Tomlambro
10-07-2018, 11:08 AM
I tried to remove the installation and put it back offline.
Turns out you do not have any disc error at this stage. And you get a 17.218 Go installation.
Launching the game from here on is impossible, you get an error from the uid telling the game will not start without an update.
Put the console back online, version 1.02 patch is downloaded quickly, and as soon as it is, BAM !! Disc error and stuff.
Game will launch, but then it us supposed to be 49 go big. Which it isn't.
Let's wait till Monday for an update, eventually...

Himmelhunden.dk
10-08-2018, 03:40 PM
I'm having the same problem. Tried this in order:

1. Deleted the game, install again, still can't leave
2. Waited 2 hours with the disc still in, still can't leave
3. Restore PS4 database, still cant leave
4. Reinstalled, waited 2 hours with the disc still in, still can't leave.
5. Restored PS4, installed, still can't leave.
6. Returned the disc at the store for a new one, still can't leave
7. reinstalled, still can't leave.

Tomlambro
10-08-2018, 06:21 PM
Tonight my disc will not even start.

Thanks for the effort Himmelhunden.dk, I am now very close to selling it altogether and getting the xbox version.

The status of my case at Ubi support is currently
STATUS IN PROGRESS
We are working on your case.

No news on twitter or anywhere else for that matter.

marc5916
10-08-2018, 07:21 PM
@ Tomlambro

I think, it would be wiser to wait for Ubis response on that matter.

Some XBOX One owners are facing the same problems like those with an PS4 (Pro)

ubi--unicorn
10-08-2018, 07:45 PM
Hey guys, sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I've passed this thread along. Do all of you have standard PS4s?

Himmelhunden.dk
10-09-2018, 04:37 AM
I have the slim version, just bought it saturday with a FIFA bundle, just to play this game :-)

I can now say that after apx. 1 hour with the disc still in, but I was not playing but streaming a movie from Netflix, I heard the notification sound, no notification pop-up, though. In notification center there was no new notification. I tried the game again, and now I could leave the island.

Same game version and size in game information.

Tomlambro
10-09-2018, 04:55 AM
Wow good for you.
Played again last night for almost two hours, playing with sharks and giant p*nises. The things you do when you are bored...
I have a slim ps4 as well, the blue anniversary one. It is less than a year old.

Thanks for your concern Ubi-unicorn. You might wanna go over to the forums of other countries and tell people that the issue is being looked into.

FreedNin6
10-09-2018, 10:25 AM
Hi. I have the same problem. installed over it and gone back to the store got a new cd but it is the same error.

Tomlambro
10-09-2018, 05:41 PM
Got a reply from the ubi support team on my ticket. Just the generic copy/paste answer which indicates that you have to uninstall everything, rebuild the database blablabla. Been there, done that, waiting for the next message

Tomlambro
10-11-2018, 06:06 PM
@ Tomlambro

I think, it would be wiser to wait for Ubis response on that matter.

Some XBOX One owners are facing the same problems like those with an PS4 (Pro)

I am installing it on the xbox as I reply. Too bad for the blind king quest, I might get later on.

I tossed my broken disc to a coworker who will either buy it if it works on his console, or bring it back for a refund.

At least I have visual prof that everything runs fine.

marc5916
10-11-2018, 07:23 PM
Glad that it works on you, even if it's on a different Console. :)

Tomlambro
10-11-2018, 07:34 PM
Only problem is, you were right :

... It does not work either on the XBOX.
Brand new regular edition, fully installed, monitored during the whole process, with 1.03 update.
I launch the game, and I sh*t you knot, black screen with message : Error 0x82D40004 when launching the game.
I think the universe is trying to tell me something.
Should I finally try on PC ?

marc5916
10-11-2018, 07:47 PM
OK first off for not going crazy, would you please try the following workaround that comes straight from an Microsoft tech assistant guy for that particular error code you mentioned in your previous post?

And it has as follow:

Try this 1st , on the main menu , press and HOLD 10 sec the power button of the console, wait 30 sec , restart , and try the game. Does it work ?

If not, delete your account from the console and add it back ( how to > https://support.xbox.com/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/add-remove-account-xbox-one )

If you still have the same issue, and if its happening even with digital games , call Xbox live helpdesk > https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

-------

As for the PS4 matter, it must be more complicated than you think.

You see, i have the same game (so the same disc copy) - and the bundle that the games comes with doesn't matter, as the game is the same anyway.

The disc worked right away from the first time i did the installation.

But the installation procedure to the HDD lasted more than 10-15 minutes!

So now the BIG question is, why it did worked on me but didn't went alright on you.

Have you tried the disc on a different console?

Tomlambro
10-11-2018, 08:29 PM
And after a few hiccups, I am actually playing the game !!

marc5916
10-11-2018, 08:45 PM
lol, OK then problem solved! :)

Considering you wanted to buy a PC for that game...:-P

Tomlambro
10-12-2018, 06:49 AM
lol, OK then problem solved! :)

Considering you wanted to buy a PC for that game...:-P

I have yet to sail away from Kephallonia when I reach that point.
And if the disc does not work either with a colleague's PS4 then I will ask Ubi to cancel the initial purchase.

I cannot possibly sell it to a shop or someone knowing full well a gamer at the end will endure the same problems.

marc5916
10-12-2018, 05:48 PM
@ Tomlambro

Yes try that disc on a different XBOX One console, but it could be very well game related and not the disc fault.

Or even better, if you have a friend that plays that game also on a XBOX One console, you could try his disc on your XBOX One!

If it does the same thing, its definitely not the fault of the disc, but rather something is happening to the engine of the game. :)

Tomlambro
10-13-2018, 03:42 PM
@ Tomlambro

Yes try that disc on a different XBOX One console, but it could be very well game related and not the disc fault.

Or even better, if you have a friend that plays that game also on a XBOX One console, you could try his disc on your XBOX One!

If it does the same thing, its definitely not the fault of the disc, but rather something is happening to the engine of the game. :)

I'll actually do nothing with the xbox disc because to me it is fully functionnal.

The ps4 one is being tested by a colleague this weekend, it could work or not I do not care.

I think the problem with this whole story lies somewhere in the identification of players in the Ubisoft environnement.

Since the game is practically a SAAS, if something goes wrong in Ubi licence server then you don't play.

Both my xbox and recent slim PS4 function perfectly with all my other games. I installed Uncharted 4 in less than 40 minutes.
I have never, as in NEVER, had any problem whatsoever except for this one game.

It was purchased both times new, one directly at Ubisoft store and the other one in a general electronics and media shop.
I am either incredibly unlucky or right.

marc5916
10-13-2018, 04:41 PM
>Since the game is practically a SAAS

Actually that would be true if the game was a real multiplayer online game only!

But AC: Odyssey can be played very well offline.

Tomlambro
10-13-2018, 08:44 PM
>Since the game is practically a SAAS

But AC: Odyssey can be played very well offline.

... Once you have downloaded the configuration content. I tried it, once you have installed the data from the disc offline you cannot launch the game.

As stated at the back of the box, you need certain
elements to be able to play the game. Among them an internet connection is explicitely listed.

But oh yeah after that you can certainly try to play offline right from the get go.

I actually did, it is called the Khephallonia edition.

Back to the Ps4 disc, my coworker texted me that it did not work on his PS4 either. Same messages and stuff.
So I'm calling ubisoft on monday to see what I can get for it. I suppose a finger raised at my face, and not a thumb.

Wow this guy is at his fourth disc !! No, no problem at all...
https://forums-de.ubi.com/showthread.php/195225-Odyssey-kann-nach-dem-Installieren-disc-nicht-erkennen/page8

marc5916
10-14-2018, 02:26 AM
@ Tomlambro

Hmm, i see...

Could it be the disc?

What can i say.:confused:

Tomlambro
10-14-2018, 10:44 AM
If you have some time and have had an issue, please report it here :
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1944505-Installation-issues-disc-or-server-problem-Players-please-testify?p=13730260#post13730260

twon460
04-04-2020, 10:14 PM
has anyone found out how to get pass that messege....unable to leave Khephallonia