PDA

View Full Version : Failure to Launch (from SSD/none C Drive)

Ronin-Cross
10-05-2018, 12:33 PM
Anybody else having problems or figured out how to get the game to boot up from an SSD that's not their C drive?
I'm on my A drive which is a Samsung 970EVO; C is just for windows and full.

I had a similar issue with origins, it freezes at startup if it's not installed on the C drive but I just can't fit this there now and honestly it's pretty ridiculous that you would have to; anyone have a workaround?

Lysette88
10-05-2018, 12:41 PM
I had that in origins as well, running it from the E drive - I guess, I solved it by putting it on "run as administrator" in properties.

Lysette88
10-05-2018, 01:06 PM
I would like to know if this helped you - some feedback would be nice.

Ronin-Cross
10-05-2018, 02:13 PM
No it's still not starting up, thank you though

Lysette88
10-05-2018, 02:15 PM
No it's still not starting up, thank you though

Ok, next thing you can try is reinstalling Uplay - just above the "old" one - sometimes this solves game launch issues.

Ronin-Cross
10-05-2018, 02:20 PM
I tried that too earlier; it's just not wanting to work because it's on my A Drive and not C drive where my system boots from. It's a problem I think specific to Assassin Creed games, I have no idea why lol but I could "fix" it by moving it over but I don't have space and the SSD is significantly faster.

Lysette88
10-05-2018, 02:29 PM
I tried that too earlier; it's just not wanting to work because it's on my A Drive and not C drive where my system boots from. It's a problem I think specific to Assassin Creed games, I have no idea why lol but I could "fix" it by moving it over but I don't have space and the SSD is significantly faster.

Hm, A and B are meant for removable media - maybe this has an influence. What you could try is to give that SSD drive another virtual handle - like E: or F; to access it and try it then again.

I know it can sometimes be weird - I have all my steam games on E: - but I cannot launch Brotherhood from it for example, it just does nothing. And like you, my C: drive is tight, not much space left there.

Ronin-Cross
10-05-2018, 03:29 PM
No luck, I thought that one might work but it didn't. I think there's something coded into the game that makes it do this. I just moved it over to my C drive and it's working there -_- so it's a solution but still not working on the Samsun 970 SSD which is strange and no bueno

Lysette88
10-05-2018, 03:35 PM
And you said your C drive is full - full is something else - like 2.8 GB left on mine :o