PDA

View Full Version : Controllor for a pc

daveww
10-05-2018, 10:55 AM
I looking forward to playing Odyssey, but it will be the first time on the pc. Can anyone recommend a game controller, in the playstation style. Many thanks

bizantura
10-05-2018, 11:42 AM
The X-Box one works well with a lot of PC games. It is also made to work with PC contrary to the PlayStation one.
Then again there are other brands but I have only experience with the X-Box one.

h4rk4ly
10-05-2018, 11:49 AM
The DualShock 4 works fine with PC as well.

Jeracan
10-05-2018, 12:42 PM
I'm using an original Xbox One wireless controll and it works on every singel game I've played. However, if you want it wireless you need an usb dongle for windows to connect to the controller.
They are often sold with the controller for PC. Works like a charm. If not, you can just connect the controller directly to windows via USB. :)

JorkdaOrk
10-05-2018, 01:58 PM
@ Jeracen
To connect one wireless XBox one controller to a PC a bluetooth receiver should be enough.
You only need the microsoft dongle to connect several controllers.

But daveww wanted a controller in playstation layout, so it wont help him anyway.

JorkdaOrk
10-05-2018, 02:02 PM
@ daveww

Do you want a wireless solution or not?

Note: The Xbox controllers are fully supported by PC and PC-Games, so there is almost never the need to extra configure them.

JorkdaOrk
10-05-2018, 02:35 PM
You can connect the Dualshock4 via usb cable, or via bluetooth to your PC.

https://www.techradar.com/how-to/gaming/how-to-use-the-ps4-dualshock-4-controller-on-a-pc-1309014

daveww
10-05-2018, 05:46 PM
Cheers guys.
I have Bluetooth built in, so wireless is got to be the option to go for.
As for the controller, I've never use a Xbox one but might consider it for the connectivity. But I'm use to the PlayStation controller ........ I'll have to choose one later.
Jorkdaork thanks for the link, will definitely have a read of that.