PDA

View Full Version : AVX Supporting

Squid_Fire
10-04-2018, 06:00 PM
When I first came to launch the game it kept crashing and freezing at the beggining. So I contacted the ubi support and they told me that my CPU doesnt support AVX and thats why my game is crashing. So I think ubi should upload a patch making the game support AVX for pc users

SgtWolf1
10-04-2018, 06:46 PM
At first I'm wondering what...support movie theater format lol. Then google it.

Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 2 (Intel® AVX2): Provides optimized instructions to deliver enhanced performance on floating point–intensive apps, adding 256-bit integer instructions and new instructions for fused multiply add (FMA), which delivers better performance on media and floating-point computations.

If your chip doesn't have it, only way to fix that is upgrade to a cpu that does. There is no patch Ubi could issue to help this, unless somehow make the game work without avx, but I image even if they did, the game would run so bad for you that it would be unplayable. I think upgrading is your only option. If your chip meets what they listed as at least minimum specs, I would say you have a case for a refund.

Ingenuum
10-04-2018, 11:03 PM
You mean like they couldn't issue a patch for.. Steep, The Division and The Crew 2? Where they also tried to use AVX and then decided to patch it out due to people using processors that do not support that instruction set.

I don't know why they are the only game developer, at least, that I've encountered, who insist on trying to use AVX. .Every time they have in the past, a patch HAS been released to remove the need for AVX.

Whether they choose to do the same with Assassin's Creed Odyssey remains to be seen. I hope, for the people who want to play the game, they do.

And to whoever keeps suggesting that using AVX is a good idea.. maybe it is, but just not yet, maybe...? :p

Indesin001
10-04-2018, 11:39 PM
I bought the "Ultimate Edition" and am now owning a game plus season pass I can't play. That's a real first.

Far Cry 5? Ghost Recon: Wildlands? AC: Origins? All run on my rig w/o problems.