PDA

View Full Version : Why i cant turn off gps in ancient greece ?

KaldreGerman
10-04-2018, 02:06 PM
support answer : "I have heard back from the Assassins Creed Odyssey game team and im afraid there is no option to disable the gps option you are referring to, without turning off the full game UI"
I dropped Origins becouse i cant turn off this option.
Any ideas what to do?
This make game unplayable, atmosphere disappears.
WHY I CANT TURN OFF GPS IN ANCIENT GREECE ?

Ghost416
10-04-2018, 02:15 PM
What are you talking about? :confused:

Dubya75
10-04-2018, 02:28 PM
What the hell are you talking about?

SofaJockey
10-04-2018, 02:40 PM
Would be nice to know.

KaldreGerman
10-04-2018, 03:18 PM
You played game or not ?
When you play, you see quest markers, where you can see how many meters you need, and where you need to go.
This UI option (GPS) u cant turn off, only if u disable all interface.

Olympus2018
10-04-2018, 03:20 PM
You played game or not ?
When you play, you see quest markers, where you can see how many meters you need, and where you need to go.
This UI option (GPS) u cant turn off, only if u disable all interface.

Ιt's not GPS. This system exists in various RPGs and even non-RPGs. It is called Distance meter or odometer (in cars). You will see it in Far Cry, GTA, AC and dozens of other games.

KaldreGerman
10-04-2018, 03:26 PM
Thx for answer what is gps and distance meter. Now answer why i can turn off this UI option only if i turn off interface.
This "distance meter" marker make game very arcade and unplayable for people who like atmosphere.

Olympus2018
10-04-2018, 03:30 PM
Thx for answer what is gps and distance meter. Now answer why i can turn off this UI option only if i turn off interface.
This "distance meter" marker make game very arcade and unplayable for people who like atmosphere.

Most people want it, that's why.... Very few people dislike the existence of distance meter. You should be able to know how far your target is in order to decide how to get there (running, riding a horse, bypassing mountains or going straight to the target etc.). It is a helpful tool. I would never turn it off. Could you do me a favour? Go to *****s island and put the marker on the SW border of the map to see what the distance meter reads. It should be 15 km or more to cross the entire map.

KaldreGerman
10-04-2018, 03:31 PM
When in game i click "Disable Markers" and i anyway see markers. This seems like bug.

topeira1980
10-04-2018, 03:33 PM

Have you tried putting the HUD to OFF completely, and then bring back the options you want? this might work, or you will discover what is the option that controls the GPS.

KaldreGerman
10-04-2018, 03:41 PM
For people who dont understand what i mean...
When u turn off this options : https://imgur.com/a/psJ4XKe and choose exploration mode.
You anyway see markers in game : https://imgur.com/a/TaCSXZc

KaldreGerman
10-04-2018, 03:46 PM
Same , if you disable all Hud options you anyway see this quest (gps) markers.

Dubya75
10-04-2018, 03:48 PM
Ubisoft probably decided to make the markers permanent because you will have a difficult time playing the game without them.

KaldreGerman
10-04-2018, 03:59 PM
You are very casual gamer if u say this (You cant find your mouse in home without gps?). This option need to be customisable.
If they give us option disable markers in game options, and this option doesnt work then this is bug.
THIS IS Ancient Greece i want be explorer and found quest himself, without "Olympia Zeus gps v1.0".

Dubya75
10-04-2018, 04:02 PM
You are very casual gamer if u say this (You cant find your mouse in home without gps?). This option need to be customisable.
If they give us option disable markers in game options, and this option doesnt work then this is bug.
THIS IS Ancient Greece i want be explorer and found quest himself, without "Olympia Zeus gps v1.0".

You need to calm down, German! You are acting like a spoiled child.

KaldreGerman
10-04-2018, 04:08 PM
All okay man. All we are different, someone can play games without markers, someone cant.
Thx for your exploration (and stop offtop).

P.s why you changed your message ?

Syrelilke
10-04-2018, 05:56 PM
It's not bugged. The options are for the quest log and objectives, which is the list containing the quest name, objective and hints while tracking a quest, and the compass, which is the bar at the top of your screen with location markers.

What you're thinking of are the quest markers. They only appear while tracking a quest. And if none of the HUD options get rid of it then all you can do is just not track quests.

KaldreGerman
10-04-2018, 06:13 PM
yes this is a solution.
Only one problem. Quest track make markerks automatic when u pick some quest and i need by hand join in to quest panel and unmark it.

Ouicmoi
10-05-2018, 11:38 AM
The problem is that quest markers appears when you're "close" even when you don't follow the quest.
This picture is in exploration mode, with only health and level hud activated.
https://puu.sh/BG2tb/bd08bbbfb5.jpg

The only way to make them disappear is to hide the entire hud, wich is not a viable way to play :/
Please Ubisoft, let us deactivate these kind of icons

UbiGabrinth
10-06-2018, 01:58 AM
If you manually turn every HUD option to 'off' what continues to show? Could you send me a screenshot and potentially circle the parts you would like to be able to remove so I can leave your feedback with the team?