PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA Driver 411.70 can cause random crashes

RobbieHighwind
10-04-2018, 11:33 AM
I did some testing before getting to go back to NVIDIA Driver 411.63.

Here's what i did:

- Tweaked RAM (Voltage and Timings (and only overclock i have)) despite stress test not showing anything or even have any crashes for months in any game with daily time of play of 10h+ (Origins would crash due to RAM Overclock not being stable enough).
- RAM overclock wasn't the issue.
- Command Prompt: sfc /scannow to repair possible corrupt system files, also not the issue.
- Scanning Hard drives for bad sectors/errors, no issues found.
- Disable GSync, not the issue.
- Switch from Fullscreen to Borderless, doesn't help either.
- Disabled RivaTuner (comes with MSI Afterburner for OSD), not the issue.
- Install NVIDIA Driver 411.63 with clean install option ticked in installer, didn't crash once in 3h and longest i was able to play, launched game over 10 times before where the most i was able to play was not even 30 minutes.

It's not the first time NVIDIA messes up "Game Ready drivers" for X game and that driver actually messes up the game (example of Monster Hunter World).

However the game seems to be stuttery vs 411.70 but still better than crashing.

However this doesn't remove the possibility that the game itself also has issues that lead to crashes.

TROOPER181
10-04-2018, 02:04 PM
Strange i have played this game for around 18 hours in 3 days and didnt have 1 crash at all... and i am on the 411.70 drivers

RobbieHighwind
10-04-2018, 02:14 PM
As per the title "can", the same way people said Borderless fixed crashes for them it didn't for me, plus some people don't install drivers with clean install and/or tweak CP settings.

MHW had issues with it's game ready drivers, while in my case i didn't have worse performance i did experience stutter, only way to fix it would be to revert back to non game ready driver or disable GSync.

However disabling GSync here does nothing.

Eagel1994
10-04-2018, 04:32 PM
As per the title "can", the same way people said Borderless fixed crashes for them it didn't for me, plus some people don't install drivers with clean install and/or tweak CP settings.

MHW had issues with it's game ready drivers, while in my case i didn't have worse performance i did experience stutter, only way to fix it would be to revert back to non game ready driver or disable GSync.

However disabling GSync here does nothing.

So if I try the old driver it maby can work ? Can you tell me how you turn that old driver back maby in geforce experience.

CosmicChronos
10-04-2018, 05:54 PM
So if I try the old driver it maby can work ? Can you tell me how you turn that old driver back maby in geforce experience.

To revert back to an old driver, you simply need to install the one you wish to revert to. Here (https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/138070) is the 411.63 driver.

MTX_Supporter
10-04-2018, 11:46 PM
Nvidia has new drivers out: 416.16 https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/138568/en-us