PDA

View Full Version : Audio Issues with Speakers but not Headset

simperial
10-04-2018, 08:23 AM
Hey all.

I'm having some interesting issues. When playing the game with my speakers as my output device, the audio sounds suppressed and the V/O is barely audible. When using my headset as my output device, the audio works perfectly.

I've tested both headset and speakers with other games, other forms of media (youtube, spotify, amazon prime movies) as well as other games with V/O - no issues. Only with AC: Odyssey is this a problem. I even tested with AC: Origins. No issues.

I have no clue how to resolve this. Any suggestions?

Fredvdp3
10-04-2018, 09:14 AM
This is usually the result of the game outputting surround sound to a stereo setup. On surround sound speakers, voices come through the central speaker, which a stereo setup doesn't have. Voice echoes come through the sides, which you are probably hearing. I assume the game correctly detects your headset as stereo, which is why it doesn't have that issue.

Check your audio settings in the game and Windows to see if everything is set up correctly.

simperial
10-05-2018, 02:15 AM
This is great advice, I'll give this a shot tonight and update you on whether that is the case! Thanks for the response

Apfel-San
11-01-2018, 12:35 PM
Ive got similar issues but i got a 5.1 Soundsystem. At the Start Cutscene i can barely hear leonidas. Everything else is normal. I got no sound from my rear speaker...

Check your audio settings in the game and Windows to see if everything is set up correctly.

There is no Settings for Stereo, 3.1, 5.1 etc in the game or am i miss something?

Sorry for my poor english.

Apfel-San
11-01-2018, 12:42 PM
nevermind i did something wrong. Fixed it but it was the user not the system :D still cant find audiosettings :confused: