PDA

View Full Version : mercenary screen bug

videogamer17
10-04-2018, 03:38 AM
As i kill mercenary's in the game the defeated mercenary's only briefly appear in said screen before being marked as undiscovered. This bug does not appear to hamper my progress however. Any known fix?

Trianuddah
10-04-2018, 06:12 AM
I think that's normal behaviour. The defeated ones disappear from the list and get replaced with new ones for you to discover.

KyleMcLeish
10-04-2018, 11:28 AM
I think that's normal behaviour. The defeated ones disappear from the list and get replaced with new ones for you to discover.
I dont understand where it ends then. Ive killed several but its only coming up that ive defeated 1 on the mercanary menu and a mercenary that was tier 9 (alexios) is now tier 8. System seems overly confusing and honestly very annoying. Atleast with the phylakes on origins you knew were you stood, they remained in their regions and once you killed them that was it.

Ubi-Bandicoot
10-04-2018, 11:29 AM
Hey,

The defeated mercenaries should appear to your left with a cross though once they're defeated I believe

If you could get some footage to demonstrate what you mean further that would be helpful too, then we can say for sure if this is intended or not :)

SofaJockey
10-04-2018, 12:30 PM
Hey,

The defeated mercenaries should appear to your left with a cross through once they're defeated I believe
If you could get some footage to demonstrate what you mean further that would be helpful too, then we can say for sure if this is intended or not :)

This is what it should look like, I think.
This is a screenshot of my Mercenaries screen (taken at level 5 after polishing off Talos the Stone Fist.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqzjj9f1sas2z3d/before.PNG?raw=1

However, loading up my level 6 manual save, here's the same screen again. Talos has now become unavailable and the shadowed figure doesn't look like Talos. Perhaps the OP can advise whether this is what they are seeing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fn3af9crppz3yut/after.PNG?raw=1

So somewhere between my level 5 save (questing on Kephallonia) and my level 6 save (reached Ithaka) something seemed to change or mess up.

By the way, I restarted the game after reaching Megaris because of an earlier decision I was unhappy with and this happened both playthroughs.

Now I don't know whether this prevents you moving up tiers, I haven't reached that far in the game.
Hopefully not, in any case there is an achievement 'Top of the food chain' that relies upon being 'top mercenary' (which 0.01% have achieved).
I would be monumentally unhappy if this is a bug that meant I would have to replay from level 5 post-patch.

Ubi-Bandicoot
10-04-2018, 04:20 PM
I believe from what you've shown it's working as intended.

As long as you don't lose your position (which you haven't in the screenshots) your mercenary rank hasn't changed. You need to keep moving to the right to reach the top (this will be a long process with there being 9+ tiers and as the game has only just released it's not surprising by the stats not many have done this).

As you defeated the mercenary to your left, he was likely replaced with another that could spawn on the map instead, or Talos fell further down in the rankings (being dead can be harsh on your mercenary rank it seems :p) and was replaced by another mercenary.

If anything isn't clear, let me know and i'll try to explain it again :)

videogamer17
10-04-2018, 10:14 PM
I am in fact having a similar issue as SofaJockey except my mercenary's are in the correct order(I Think). I should also add that I did not loot all mercenary's and I reloaded some saves to kill mercenary's I had trouble with.https://6gssow.dm.files.1drv.com/y4mxf6wPq2B8nuYsRClsvM468Ko287xZZBp4VXZ2mpObCvbPsQ ebnS8NO4S07XddZyRVP2c0PXp8IeBWu01vBZ0QRo9siP5K5Uej 4v560i3htc-Bp7xa78VjZtd_BQ6BdHYTq5YubITEgIj_Z-kZdlB6FWMdaMTZjR_hWdPTt7fD-Rr-lq-sRiDXOvz3W12E2VQtx24jCKTgZxmBwLhpQVKfg?width=3840&height=2160&cropmode=none

Zanozza94
10-04-2018, 10:44 PM
I have the same issue. All of the defeated/hired mercenaries are shown as undiscovered in grey.

Trianuddah
10-05-2018, 12:33 AM
I'm pretty sure those are new undiscovered mercenaries. I've experienced the same thing. I also found it confusing until eventually I encountered mercs who were below me in the rankings, and they were different people to the ones I'd killed/recruited at those ranks before. The ones I killed are still dead. It's a 'living' ranking system, in both senses of the word.

Ubi-Bandicoot
10-05-2018, 08:55 AM
I'm pretty sure those are new undiscovered mercenaries. I've experienced the same thing. I also found it confusing until eventually I encountered mercs who were below me in the rankings, and they were different people to the ones I'd killed/recruited at those ranks before. The ones I killed are still dead. It's a 'living' ranking system, in both senses of the word.

This is correct.

Please read my post above and this comment guys, if you need further explanation or anything isn't clear let me know :)

MalinXe
10-10-2018, 02:07 PM
So where can you see the ones you have already killed if they are replaced with new ones?

BrewBro99
12-24-2018, 03:32 AM
I'm pretty sure there's a bug here. Early on, I killed Talos the Stone Fist. The "merc" screen correctly showed him defeated and my character's position moved one slot to the right. At some point later on I noticed that Talos disappeared from the screen but my character's position remained the same. So far so good as explained above. But recently I discovered a new mercenary ("The Exiled or something like that) and he occupied the first slot where Talos was previously. Right after that I killed two more Tier 9 mersc and my character's position moved to slot 4. So far so good. I killed a total of 3 mercs and my position was slot 4. But then I killed the Exiled merc occupying slot 1. When I checked the status screen it showed 3 defeated mercs (not 4) and my character's position remained in slot 4. It's as if the new merc, who occupied the slot of an original defeated merc, didn't count toward my character's advancement. I've killed 4 mercs so my position should be slot 5, not slot 4. Right?

BrewBro99
12-24-2018, 06:35 AM
I just bumped into this players tip accidentally:

If you defeat a Mercenary that is higher than you on the Tier list, then you will move up one place. You can defeat as many as you like below you, but you won’t move up. Some of the highest Tier Mercenaries drop incredible loot, including some of the best weapons in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.

Once you reach a new Tier, you’ll unlock a new bonus – they are as follows:

Tier 8 – Blacksmiths reduced their prices by 20%
Tier 7 – War Contracts and Bounties Provide 20% more rewards
Tier 6 – Engraving items costs 20% less
Tier 5 – Removing a bounty costs 20% less
Tier 4 – Ship upgrades cost 20% resources
Tier 3 – Item upgrades cost 20% less
Tier 2 – 10% better chance of finding better quality loot around the world

UbiMorning
12-30-2018, 01:19 AM
Thanks for sharing BrewBro99!